novicebutdeadly

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

When you try to stay in formation driving on the interstate..

Teaching your daughter how to drive and saying check your 3-9 line instead of look left and right (true story, and the look I got..LOL)

Wondering why the clerk at 7-11 is looking at you strange while buying smokes only to get home and figure out..yep Track IR hat is still on!

Looking up at the clouds and thinking there has to be a mod to make them look more real..

Saying to the wife in the car I'm bingo fuel and need to RTB...

Unloading the pick up truck at the dump and saying well we are winchester, lets RTB.

Complaining while on the road that the car riding in your blind spot should be in a loose deuce formation.

Getting a beer out of the fridge in your Track IR hat and the wife says you're not getting any in that hat..your response..Sure I am, I can see all around my plane with this hat, my SA is awesome. 

• Upvote 3

When you spend hours upon hours upon hours building a campaign that most will download without bothering to give you any feedback on.

Then you know this after building your first campaign, and you build another one anyway - and spend 5 - 8 hours on each mission making sure things are just right.

Or hours upon hours...upon more hours painting skins.

I haven't experienced this sort of motivation with this new version, life circumstances/time playing the biggest part, but also the content of the sim itself hasn't helped.

When Kuban get's here my IL2 related activity will increase, and when the Pacific get's here I'm guessing I'll be 'all in' again.

As it is I've put a fair amount of time into learning the mission editor,  :help:  so that in itself is indicative of some 'addiction' I guess, small though it is compared to the old days.

Edited by Gambit21

When you confirm you've understood your caller on your phone with "Roger".  or "Rog".

I sometimes use 'rgr' to my amusement when confirming something. But I also laugh about my own jokes :blush:

Working as a crane operator on Mobile cranes I refer to where I sit as my pit, my colleagues think I am weird doing this at a age of 50.

But sitting with joystick all day long just give me association to my hobby

10455664_864308533597590_348635285181355

2013-12-06%2000.08.43_zps652i95us.jpg

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

Yes and I probably will too, but do you have friends and family who not smile and looks a bit patronising at you when the topic is brought up 

When my friends see me have a sort of "panic" when I hear a plane flying over and cannot find it in the sky. Then they get annoyed if I find it because: I state the type of plane and a fact about it.

Edited by =DF=spaceman1999

You hear news on how the Spitfire development is going, and you start quoting the movie "The Battle Of Britain"...... all of it ;-)

You know you are addicted to il2 when you just know you will consider it downright unfair if this thread ever gets moved to the Free Subject section.

• Upvote 1

While driving you constantly check your oil temperature and think how much more you could get out of your car if you had cowling flaps.

Driving up a mountain and searching the altimeter.

Pressing right-Alt + C to open your cars windows.

Fighting the urge to break hard right when a car omes to close in your rear mirror, while driving on the highway.

• Upvote 1

Guest deleted@30725

When the mission ends with your VR headset on playing on one of the summer maps, you take your headset off relived you made it back alive - it was a good landing, a good mission, you're tired, hot and sweaty and for a moment you wonder when you're going to get called up for the next raid. You wish the war would end. So much killing, so much death. The engine and gun sounds still ring in your ears as your plane sits quietly on the runway the wind blowing gently around with the open canopy.

You blink, rub your eyes and remember that actually it's Sunday, you're at home in your favorite chair at your computer rather than in a real war flying a real plane. The fan is on near by blowing a gentle cool stream at you. You did wonder where all the ground crew were too! Phew, thank god, it was just a game! It dawns on you that it's still Sunday and finishing that last mission means you've got to go mow the lawn! You'll take the fight to the grass next.

Edited by deleted@30725

1. When you instantly can tell a 109 from a 190 or spitfire or IL2, etc when a WW2 docu gets it completely wrong, hoping you wouldn`t know the difference.

2. When someone tells you the Russians had no decent aircraft in WW2 and you jump to correct them.

3. When the term `IL2` holds no mystery at all and realise that everyone else in your circles in the real world doesn`t have a clue what an IL2 is.

4. When saying, "5 oclock!" to a friend on seeing someone and they don`t understand what you`re talking about and you have to bloody explain it. I was even in a co op with a friend playing a non-sim game and he couldn`t get what I meant by that.

5. Getting excited about WW2 aircraft, especially on the Eastern Front and watching people`s eyes glaze over.

6. Explaining how WW2 aircraft ( and aircraft) generaly fly and watching people`s eyes glaze over.

7. Checking the sky at the slightest sound of a WW2 type engine.

Edited by seafireliv

When the mission ends with your VR headset on playing on one of the summer maps, you take your headset off relived you made it back alive - it was a good landing, a good mission, you're tired, hot and sweaty and for a moment you wonder when you're going to get called up for the next raid. You wish the war would end. So much killing, so much death. The engine and gun sounds still ring in your ears as your plane sits quietly on the runway the wind blowing gently around with the open canopy.

You blink, rub your eyes and remember that actually it's Sunday, you're at home in your favorite chair at your computer rather than in a real war flying a real plane. The fan is on near by blowing a gentle cool stream at you. You did wonder where all the ground crew were too! Phew, thank god, it was just a game! It dawns on you that it's still Sunday and finishing that last mission means you've got to go mow the lawn! You'll take the fight to the grass next.

Yeah, its Sunday and I have to mow the lawn now...thanks for reminding me! The lawn may put up a good fight but I shall win the day.. S!

- You decline a beer because you want to keep your mind clear for a sortie later.

Omg this one is so real to me !! 

you look at birds with deflection

Like Beurling Canadian ace was doing most of the day. At Malta, that guy quickly became hated by the local population because he was shooting at their lovely cats (!)  :o:  :angry:. Then he decided to stop with the cats but more dogs ended their lives by his deflection training.  :unsure:

Edited by Solmyr

Working as a crane operator on Mobile cranes I refer to where I sit as my pit, my colleagues think I am weird doing this at a age of 50.

But sitting with joystick all day long just give me association to my hobby

10455664_864308533597590_348635285181355

2013-12-06%2000.08.43_zps652i95us.jpg

Just dont get the 2 confused and try to make the crane barrel roll

- You decline a beer because you want to keep your mind clear for a sortie later.

Better still, eat some dark chocolate before a sortie!

Just dont get the 2 confused and try to make the crane barrel roll

The barrelroll itself has obviously been done with success before, but not once have they manage to land it right......

I might not have a job anymore if I start the day at work saying "Hey hold my beer and watch this"

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

So you work up those really high cranes? I watched a guy climb one of those cranes the other day. I notice they  have little platforms at certain points, so you can rest I guess?

Still looks rough... I mean you gotta have a real head for heights to go all the way up there. How do you do it?

Edited by seafireliv

When you're absolutely convinced Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk is going to be absolutely ruined by the Buchons. And you attempt to bore everyone you know on the subject.

No I work on crawler cranes and those on wheels. The matter of fact I ended my assignment on this:

17190479_1711010175856759_91339047929647

c528f6c25193f2b94234abdd8732f524.jpg

and start on this same crane different company

• Upvote 1

When you take a photo of your desk and it looks like this, and you have a totally unused msffb2 in your closet "JUST IN CASE.".. and you still dont have everything you want for your simpit. 

The stick that came with that throttle doesn't get use in BoX, however, it is a part of my flight sim addiction. 

post-87645-0-39589600-1491334484_thumb.jpg

When you take a photo of your desk and it looks like this, and you have a totally unused msffb2 in your closet "JUST IN CASE.".. and you still dont have everything you want for your simpit. 

The stick that came with that throttle doesn't get use in BoX, however, it is a part of my flight sim addiction. 

D'oh !... I read your post, laughed a bit, remembered that I still don't have any "emergency replacement" MS FFB2.

So just ordered one. :D

Damn.. Just in case..  :rolleyes:

Edited by Solmyr
  • Upvote 1

You know you are addicted to il2 when.......

You consider writing a book on the history, characters and development of the Il-2 franchise.  :blush:

No I work on crawler cranes and those on wheels. The matter of fact I ended my assignment on this:

-snip-

and start on this same crane different company

Thanks Luse, there has been a concerning lack of cranes on these boards lately.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Guest deleted@30725

When you impulse buy everything released for purchase for IL2 regardless of user reviews.

When I try to steer my Jeep with the pedals.

• Upvote 2

When I try to steer my Jeep with the pedals.

When you crash, tell the insurance company "Hey any landing you walk away from is a good landing"

I'm sure they'd cancel my insurance. :(

Edited by BuzzU

When you crash, tell the insurance company "Hey any landing you walk away from is a good landing"

ROFL!!

When you do a solo flight in QMB after work, and feel all the stress melt away as you become airborne :-)

When you are in your goergeous F2 over Moscow struggling with heavy winds and bad visibility, trying to get that pesky I-16 for the last 5 minutes and suddenly you hear that strange command in your headphones "Honey do you know where I put my phone?" and for several seconds you wonder "What was the order again?".

P.

• Upvote 1

When you are on a commercial flight, look out the window, and see other aircraft and contrails. "Contact !" escapes your lips to the confusion of those sat next to you.

• Upvote 2

When you are in your goergeous F2 over Moscow struggling with heavy winds and bad visibility, trying to get that pesky I-16 for the last 5 minutes and suddenly you hear that strange command in your headphones "Honey do you know where I put my phone?" and for several seconds you wonder "What was the order again?".

P.

The phone and the damn house keys. Is it so hard to always put them in the same place(s)?

When your friend is telling you about her trip to Nepal and how her daughter rode a Yak, and you immediately ask "which version? -1, -7, -9 or -3?"

• Upvote 4