Thanks, you were absolutely right! Files were missing from my first VeteranenMissionen installation, now everything works! :)

Mission files. They go into IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad > data > missions

VeteranenMissions.7z.001

VeteranenMissions.7z.002

If you have not installed Veteranen Missions before, you will also need the following files.

Skins and Textfiles (40MB). Put data folder into IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad i.e. game main folder.

VeteranenMissionsAdd.zip

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Upvote 1

I can`t download, because I am not in a social Network.

I can`t download, because I am not in a social Network.

Me neither. I just registered with an email address.

Hello,

I was in the middle of the Velikie Luki Campaign when 2.006 got out. As advertised, old files don't work anymore and I am trying to resave them via the Editor.

Poblem is that every time I try to open the mission in the Editor, be it .mission or .msbin file, I get the error message: "Error reading mission file"...

Can somebody help as I really would like to keep playing those missions?

Chir Front was really nice too! :clapping: 

Oh yes, thanks for that.

It was just a matter of changing "CheckEntities" into "CheckPlanes" BEFORE trying to open the file with the Editor...

By following the above advice I've reanimated all of the the aircraft campaigns, but not the tanks one. Is it possible to make them working somehow?

I'm having trouble converting the Panzer March Mission to work with the new game version..any ideas on fixing it?

Edited by Blitzen

Give us more information if you want help.

@ Blitzen

The problem is most likely that the 2.006 Editor can no longer read a 2.004 .msbin file. I still have not updated my 2.004 dedicated server and thus can produce a mission file from a 2.004 msbin.

I converted the missions for you: link

edited: changed url to http.  File is accessible now.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta
  • Upvote 2

I'm having trouble converting the Panzer March Mission to work with the new game version..any ideas on fixing it?

Probably need to change CheckPlanes to CheckVehicles

Edited by Jade_Monkey

@ Blitzen

The problem is most likely that the 2.006 Editor can no longer read a 2.004 .msbin file. I still have not updated my 2.004 dedicated server and thus can produce a mission file from a 2.004 msbin.

Many thanks- it was/is one of my favotire "armour" missions.I could delete the msnmis. file but then for some reason I could not find or save the remaining files in the Mission Editor.I hope your help will get the mission back! ;)

I noticed that I had one folder missing in the folder structure. Below "data" there should be "missions" and then "VeteranenMissions" and below that "media". The archive posted before missed "Missions" and thus "VeteranenMissions" endet up directly in "data".

Please move "VeteranenMissions" from "data" into "Missions" and everything should work.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

@ Blitzen

Works beautifully, many thanks!

The files in the download should work as they are.

EI_Marta, thank you for converting the PanzerMarsch Files! Is there any chance, that you may convert the other Veteranen missions/campaigns into the new format? I guess, this would be highly appreciated! ;-)

You can do this on your own once you downloaded the *.mission files I recently posted: link

Take the mission files. In the *.mission files replace all "CheckEntities" entries by "CheckPlanes" by using Notepad++ or any other capable txt editor. Delete the *.msbin files. Than load the *.mission files into the mission editor and save again. By loading and saving the files get converted and you also get new *.msbin files.

That is all.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

You can do this on your own once you downloaded the mission*.files I recently posted: link

Take the mission files. In the *.mission files replace all "CheckEntities" entries by "CheckPlanes" by using Notepad++ or any other capable txt editor. Delete the *.msbin files. Than load the *.mission files into the mission editor and save again. By loading and saving the files get converted and you also get new *.msbin files.

That is all.

EI_Marta, thank you very much! This worked perfectly!

Shame these don't work anymore.

Campaign is great but I preferred the single mission layout.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:41 AM, 1./JG54_Uwe said:

Shame these don't work anymore.

Campaign is great but I preferred the single mission layout.

Just put them in the sp folder. Then change them in the editor from campaign to single with just a dropdown. Done!

54 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Just put them in the sp folder. Then change them in the editor from campaign to single with just a dropdown. Done!

You have to keep the mediafolder under campaigns, though, if you want the voice acting. Or link them to missions as well.

Edited by JG4_dingsda

4 hours ago, JG4_dingsda said:

You have to keep the mediafolder under campaigns, though, if you want the voice acting. Or link them to missions as well.

Good catch. You either keep them there or have to edit the paths of media files in the editor if you move them.

Once I've extracted the data folder to the IL-2 main folder should these missions appear under the Mission tab in-game?

47 minutes ago, VonKurse said:

Once I've extracted the data folder to the IL-2 main folder should these missions appear under the Mission tab in-game?

Unzip the files into the
IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad
main folder
example: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad
example for Steam: C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\steamApps\common\IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad

Do you not see the mission in game?

1 hour ago, Gordon200 said:

Do you not see the mission in game?

No sir 😡

• Like 1

Unzip the download and manually place the folders in your game files. The mission folder should go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\Missions.

You can then place skins in respective aircraft folders here: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\graphics\skins

The skins aren't necessary for the mission to run but they do add to the immersion. Without them you will see the default skins.

That should do it.

15 hours ago, Gordon200 said:

Unzip the download and manually place the folders in your game files. The mission folder should go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\Missions.

You can then place skins in respective aircraft folders here: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\graphics\skins

The skins aren't necessary for the mission to run but they do add to the immersion. Without them you will see the default skins.

That should do it.

Okay, I got the missions to appear in-game but now it won't load them. When I select a mission and click "START" it shows a loading screen for a second then boots me back to the list of missions.

2 hours ago, VonKurse said:

Okay, I got the missions to appear in-game but now it won't load them. When I select a mission and click "START" it shows a loading screen for a second then boots me back to the list of missions.

Appears to be broken.

When I click on the mission it displays the ten missions as it should but each mission states "Downloading mission briefing" and remains stuck there.

1 minute ago, Gordon200 said:

Appears to be broken.

When I click on the mission it displays the ten missions as it should but each mission states "Downloading mission briefing" and remains stuck there.

I get the same result :/

On 1/11/2015 at 12:58 AM, Sokol1 said:

You can fly more than 20 KM after the red lamp light.

~120/130 KM.

Not with my VW transporter, neither will it fly alas ...

flying vw transporter.jpg