3 Missions from 5./KG27 over Don 

Big thx for English translation:

Ralph (ram5672)

post-126-0-61287100-1417183405.jpg

note:

Unzip the files into the
IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad
main folder
example: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad
example for Steam: C:\Program Files(x86)\steam\steamApps\common\IL2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad

The Veteran Missions work without any waypoints so the player will fly CAP with his Raven swarm receiving information about enemy movements via comms.

Mission Designer:
O.Binder (Veteran66)

Special thanks to:
1C777
Ralph (ram5672)
Thomas (I/JG11_Raven)
Alex (Black6)

Radio Voices:
Sven
Michl
Basitian (JG4_Kran)
Elias (JG4_Lebano)
Steffen (JG4_Bendwick)   
Christian I/JG27_Nemesis
Sebastian (Blooddawn1942)
Olaf (Veteran66)

Tester:
Sebastian (Blooddawn1942
JG2001_Eule

English translation:
Ralph (ram5672)
Frank (=FI=Genosse)
Jeff (murkz)
FI=Armitage
JG4_Continuo

The battle for the Don Chir triangle

On December 7th, the situation at the Chir front has heated up.
The XXXXVIII. Tank Corps has fended off several enemy advances on Rytschow and attacks on the rail station of Chir.
Southwest of Ssulazkij the enemy was able to break through the securing parts of the 7th Luftwaffe-Fielddivision with about 50 tanks and to advance further beyond the Sowchose Krassnaja Swesda.
Weather: Sunshine, light frost.

On December 8th, the attack of the XXXXVIII. Tank Corps started, to reassess the Soviet incursion. But the attacks were anticipated by a new Soviet attack on the emplacements of the 336th Infantery Division, which were still able to hold their position against the Russian units.
The attack of the 11th Tank Division gained ground and in its course the 336th Infantery Division was able to join.
Weather: persistent thaw, in the afternoon light frost and snowfall

On December 9th, the enemy retreated towards Scharnutowski, so that the Romanian troups were able to occupy Rraj Balka. At the XXXXVIII. Tank Corps an enemy attack in battalion strength against Jarazkoj could be rejected. An attack with strong enemy forces with tanks on the rail station of Chir could be rejected by a counteroffensive of the 11th Tank Div..
Weather: Snow and rain.

On December 10th, the Heeresgruppe DON ordered the deployment of the tank regiment of the 11th Tank Div., that was situated in the area south of Werchne, to throw back the broken through Russian tanks beyond the river Chir in cooperation with the 336th Infantery Div..
Generaloberst v. Richthofen, who was present at the command post, ordered the immediate deployment of all available units of the Luftwaffe at the breach.
The situation at the Chir front has to be adjusted before "Wintergewitter", to be able to direct parts of the 11th Tank Div. and the 336th Infantery Div. to Group Hoth.
Weather: Snowfall, in the evening gathering frost.

5./KG27 Boelcke Missions
After the surrounding of Stalingrad, on November, the 25th, the Airfleet 4 got the order to conduct the air supply of the 6th army.
GenLt. Fiebig was appointed to Lufttransportführer (leader of air transportation) Stalingrad.
At his command there were several combat groups for special use consisting of Ju52 and the combat squadrons 4, 27, 55 consisting of He111 and the combat squadrons 50 and 200 with "other types" of aircrafts.
The aircrew of the "Ludwig Havighorst" of the 5th/KG27, based at Millerowo, was taken out off the supply flights together with 5 other wingmen, on 11-28-42, to conduct important combat tasks in the hinterland of the front.

Chir Front Video collection from Mastiff:

post-126-0-51720100-1420528815_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-49414100-1420528826_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-84910800-1420528834_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-92003800-1420528841_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-15651600-1420528849_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-89264200-1423153141_thumb.jpg

Edited by Veteran66
  • Upvote 13

Stationary soldiers and black rider? Will try this! :biggrin:

Thanks for your updated campaign!

Cheers,

The mission report after landing is an interesting feature, although I really wished the developers would add a proper stats screen for mission debriefings to the game.

- I really like the mission report (Staffel losses & victories);

- Stationary soldiers & mecanics are a nice addition;

- III./JG3 skins are more immersive although I would have liked swastika for historical accuracy;

- Parking start is still a bit buggy (airplanes don't always have their engine running and won't taxi to runway - hopefully, runway start missions are available).

Thanks for updating your campaign Veteran66! ;)

Many thanks - it makes flying the missions much more....uh....rewarding! :biggrin:

Ok so why can't the developers make missions like these ? Maybe they should be hiring you Veteran66

Edited by 6969pencon

Ok so why can't the developers make missions like these ? Maybe they should be hiring you Veteran66

It's a static campaign with pre-written mission. The devs provided a "dynamic" campaign with randomly generated missions. Those are completely different beasts.

That said, these missions are excellent work! I'm looking forward to more missions from Veteran66 and other skilled mission designers. :)

Edited by Yankee_

"dynamic" Almost every one of the stock campaign missions are the same . Fly to the "action area " shoot down a plane , fly for hunderds of kms then land .

• Upvote 1

Your staffel emblem should cocked at a 45deg angle and not straight up and down. It's also in the wrong posistion. It needs to be in the middle of the nose like how JG53 is placed. None the less great work I can't wait to try it out.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

"dynamic" Almost every one of the stock campaign missions are the same . Fly to the "action area " shoot down a plane , fly for hunderds of kms then land .

and as far as I know, in real life as well..

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Upvote 2

When I try to select one of these missions that I installed, then I get error message that this mission is not available for my account.

Is this for members only?

When I try to select one of these missions that I installed, then I get error message that this mission is not available for my account.

Is this for members only?

Enter the game in offline mode.

Just played these for the first time and WOW was that a good time...  :salute:

On another note, I ended up flying bearing 180 (way away from my home field in Mission 1) and running out of fuel... However, even though the indicator light on the panel turned on my engine never stopped... I flew 20km+ on an empty tank.

Bug?

However, even though the indicator light on the panel turned on my engine never stopped... I flew 20km+ on an empty tank.

You can fly more than 20 KM after the red lamp light.

~120/130 KM.

Edited by Sokol1

Can we have this same Chir Front mission, but from the Russians point of view?

I have many Books and historical stuff at home but all from german point of view, so i can make only german missions.

Super! Hab mir für Deine Chir Kampagne extra 8GB Arbeitsspeicher gegönnt. Mit 16 läufts jetzt flüssig :-) 

Super! Hab mir für Deine Chir Kampagne extra 8GB Arbeitsspeicher gegönnt. Mit 16 läufts jetzt flüssig :-) 

ich habe 12 Giga Ram und bin damit soweit zufrieden :)

(With my 12 Giga Ram run the Chir Front Missions smooth)

A bomber "campaign" will be nice. :)

i spend many time and work for the Bomber and Fighter logic, but i make some good steps :)

• Upvote 2

Hi all

The He111 Mission KG27_1 is in Alpha Status and ready for english translate. :)

Thats great! Looking forward to your new campaign, keep up the good work :)

Thats great! Looking forward to your new campaign, keep up the good work :)

i will make first one Mission ready, later more.

My missions are very complex, so any changes or fixies make many work, so make Mission by mission is better for me.