Blitzen

Can anyone make Panzer Marsch work again

I loved this tank battle with its panzers streaming across the russian countryside , but now even with hotfix it seems to be non-working for some time...not sure if there is an easy fix or if its lost beyond recall.would love to have it up & running again...I'd love it even more if it used the new Tiger!

( Not my screenie , but fits almost!)

4ciP61O.png

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I was just doing it, so please enjoy. 

Just tested both missions and they work fine.

Unzip the zipped folder into /data/Missions (this should create a data/missions/veteranenMissions folder inside.

I plan to change the player vehicle into a Pzkw III Ausf M, but not done yet.

Updated: 

And now for the Tiger and PzKw Ausf. M  versions added to the fixed regular version in attachment to this post

Please tell me (MP)  if you have problems with the missions.

** How to fix **

For the record, the bug was about chains of linked vehicles into formations, while in a formation all vehicles have to TargetLink   to the leader .

(In Mission Editor, run the Integrity verification tool and read the problem report txt file, listing the problems)

VeteranenMissionsFixedAndNewTanks.zip

Edited by gabuzomeu
Added Tiger and PzKw II Ausf. M versions
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

See above: added a TIGER version, with some other changes.

Thanks Veteranen66 again

16 hours ago, gabuzomeu said:

Hello,

I was just doing it, so please enjoy. 

Just tested both missions and they work fine.

Unzip the zipped folder into /data/Missions (this should create a data/missions/veteranenMissions folder inside.

I plan to change the player vehicle into a Pzkw III Ausf M, but not done yet.

Updated: 

And now for the Tiger versions added to the fixed regular version: Download on Google Drive

or in attachment to this post

Please tell me (MP)  if you have problems with the missions.

** How to fix **

For the record, the bug was about chains of linked vehicles into formations, while in a formation all vehicles have to TargetLink   to the leader .

(In Mission Editor, run the Integrity verification tool and read the problem report txt file, listing the problems)

VeteranenMissionsFixedAndTiger.zip 4.71 MB · 0 downloads

This was great news & I immediately installed the new version...many thanks! I am however victim of a small weird glitch: in the various versions if I play with the commander’s hatch open & look around I cannot see the accompanying tanks &/or vehicles.They simply disappear.If I go back inside the tank & look through vision slits the vehicles are back all around my tank. If I go to exterior views of my tank, the other vehicles are back and I can view them all with no problems. BTW in one of the earlier working versions I had a similar glitch. It may be a problem with my PC of course , but if so it is one of the first time I’ve noticed it.Do you have any ideas? Its really frustrating to have it happen in one of the best tank missions.

( I am delighted that you have included the Tiger in this make-over! Which one of the included tank missions uses the Tiger- evidently I have missed it in the two versions I have played before writing this post.)

• Thanks 1

Tiger missions + the one Pz III( in latest version , )seem ,after a quick test ,to all work fine( they are all Winter missions right?) I'm using VR so that might be part of the issue mentioned in an earlier post.Tanks around me are now there & only seem to disappear briefly at the edger of peripheral vision & reappear we i look over towards them. Is there a Summer ersion with the Tiger in it/ It may be the closest we will have of the Battle of Kursk util the full version of Tank Crew becomes available.

Again thanks again, I look forward to playing all versions! !

giphy_(6).gif

Now, you have in the zip:

Pz III Ausf. L : Summer

Pz III Ausf M : Autumn

Pz VI : Winter

Hi gabuzomeu,

is it possible to fix the VeteranMissions "Panzer March" to the current version from BoX?

When i try to start a mission i see the mission briefing and after click on the start button i come back to the mission screen. Also i tried to open the missions in the editor to run a verify check, but i got a loading error.

A feedback i would be very happy.

Best regards,

Ainoly

Posted (edited)

Hello

You just have to resave the mission using the mission editor. 

Anyway,

The updated missions are in the attached zip, which you have to unpack in (your game)\data\VeteranenMissions\ 

(create it if does not exist)

Enjoy!

Panzer_Marsch.zip

Edited by gabuzomeu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Perfect! Big thanks gabuzomeu. It runs! Big thanks!

Danke und Grüße

Ainoly

I finish the first mission with tiger 😃 but i don't have ideea how to make the audio files from media folder to work. Thanks for this missions. 

For the audio, iirc, you have to make sure to respect the proper files path mentioned in my initial post:

Unzip the zipped folder into /data/Missions (this should create a data/missions/veteranenMissions folder inside.)

noob question

just trying to get this mission to work (new to tanks) - assume you just download the april download and then download the newer june download over the top of it  within the specific mission folder (I have a "panzer marsch" folder then a "veteran" folder then some media and other files all within the main games mission folder??  - I replace files when prompted?

also more generally have download a few missions from the website - and confused about the file structure - realise they all go into the missions folder in the IL2 folder (running tanks via steam) - however some downloads I get a mission folder and outside it I get a lot of file with language prefixs (assume mission scripts?) so that's how I install - however the your download seems to have all files in the actual mission folder - so a bit confused - what am I missing why are they different and what is the correct way to install downloaded missions?( note  I seem already to have in my original  mission folder a folder called tank (maybe a mission ?) and outside it many "_gen" I presume language files?

any help appreciated

Hi, you have to get the june files , and extract the folder so that you have a veteranenmission folder in data/missionary

not data/mission/panzermarsch

If this doesnot work please share a screen copy of file explorer showing the files.where they are extracted.

5 hours ago, gabuzomeu said:

Hi, you have to get the june files , and extract the folder so that you have a veteranenmission folder in data/missionary

not data/mission/panzermarsch

If this doesnot work please share a screen copy of file explorer showing the files.where they are extracted.

struggling to get this to work! - so can I just ignore the file posted in april and just use the one you uploaded in june? or do they need to be combined?

when I extract the june one it gives me the following (can't seem to get my screen shot to paste with the snipping tool into the forum so will describe what I see!)

1)With june - (panzer marsch zip file) when extracted gives me a media folder and then outside this folder lots of separate files beginning with panzer_vor

2)The April file (veteranenmission fixed zip file) gives vetarenanmission folder inside that is a panzer_marsch folder and inside that I have the media folder again with lots of files with the panzer_vor prefix outside the media folder

3)perhaps you can post a screen shot to show how its meant to be installed?

4)also more generally in terms of other missions for IL2 tanks how are they meant to be installed?when I download them i usually get a media folder (like WG-2 media) then many separate files outside the media folder with prefix like "WG-2.eng" - assume I just need to copy and paste the whole package of files and folder directly into the Il2 data/mission folder and it should work?

Here is the proper file structure. You also need to have Tank Crew active, except for the Panzer IIIL version, and restart the game to get the new missions  to appear (just one click to open directory folders)

image.png.e6ad277059a4f1dd536cb5878486a6ef.png

image.thumb.png.5fc44246a15a6e069c90a9410d3c5624.png

22 hours ago, gabuzomeu said:

Here is the proper file structure. You also need to have Tank Crew active, except for the Panzer IIIL version, and restart the game to get the new missions  to appear (just one click to open directory folders)

image.png.e6ad277059a4f1dd536cb5878486a6ef.png

image.thumb.png.5fc44246a15a6e069c90a9410d3c5624.png

thanks for the excellent guide think I get it now.....

1)I believe my tank crew must be active as I can select to play some missions as a tiger 1 is this what you mean by active?

2)To get all the latest missions assume I just have to use your download posted in june (this will give me everything such as the tiger missions) or do I also need your file from April?

3)On a more general point - I can see how your installing your mission now and its simple and clear - but it seems many other missions I download are not in their own mission folders - but are simply a collection of folders and files that you dump into the main "generic" mission folder so you end up with a mass of different files mixed together for all thse other missions - is this a correct understanding? what doesn't everyone just create an individual folder for the mission that can be dropped easily into the main "generic" mission folder and also deleted easily if you don't want the mission anymore?

1) yes you have to buy tank crew

2) correct, june pack is’all is needed

3)you can put the mission files in their own folder and this should work’ and I agree this’is more neat.

2 minutes ago, gabuzomeu said:

1) yes you have to buy tank crew

2) correct, june pack is’all is needed

3)you can put the mission files in their own folder and this should work’ and I agree this’is more neat.

Thanks!

so for 3) for each individual mission you can create their own mission folder and drop it into the generic mission folder? would you have to follow any naming convention or can you just call the folders 1,2,3 and drop all related files/folders into it?...……………………...also assume the "tank" folder that my game comes with and sits within the mission folder must be the default missions the game comes with?

Got the download working but it looks like there is at least one Mission missing when compared to your screenshot?

(Shermans)

Ran the first scenario on the list and died gloriously within 5 minutes. image.gif.a45c2c381ce55138b64751a2137aa157.gif

panzer_marsch_list.thumb.jpg.a6295d12a74e4dd23eed21398cde5608.jpg

Wheels

« Shermans » is just a test mission I did (to check my liveries/skins) 

Therefore this is not included 🙂