Bearcat

FW 190 A-3 skins

Spektre not saying you're you, this very clear.
I downloaded other skins of other people do the same thing happened, I think it's a problem mediafire.
And I thank all those who provide us with the skins.

Greetings

Edited by E69_julian57

Spektre not saying you're you, this very clear.

I downloaded other skins of other people do the same thing happened, I think it's a problem mediafire.

And I thank all those who provide us with the skins.

Greetings

Can you recommend a good site that is free?

Hello guys,

My next Fw190A (A4 to be precise) is on its way (plane from the I./JG54 in 1943, Russia)

160316-FW190A-003.jpg

Thera are some details to improve (as always passionate discussions on the french forum ...).

Edited by UF_Zargos
  • Upvote 2

Hello guys,

My next Fw190A (A4 to be precise) is on its way (plane from the I./JG54 in 1943, Russia)

160316-FW190A-003.jpg

Thera are some details to improve (as always passionate discussions on the french forum ...).

Your theater band should be RLM27 not RLM04. RLM04 is used for markings and numerals.

Hello,

I've finished the I./JG54 Fw190A-4.

I've followed SPEKTRE's advice and change the theater band and wing tips into RLM 27.

But since I find the RLM 04 is more beautiful, I've made two version of the skin so everyone could chosse between history and aesthetic according his own preference!

160317-FW190A-001b.jpg

Available here : http://www.unbound-frogs.org/zsf/2016/03/17/030-fw190a-4-i-jg54-iii-blanc/

• Upvote 6

Coming soon to a sky near you....

15.(Span)/JG51 4a Azul WINTER '42 skins.

[WIP]

post-12904-0-31857100-1458703149_thumb.png

UPDATE  23MAR2016

post-12904-0-11532100-1458789346_thumb.png

Edited by 6./ZG1=SPEKTRE76
  • Upvote 1

It makes no sense. The same control freak attitude that hurt this game so bad this last few months. For crying out loud, this skins are made by third party! Made by the community! Nobody can hold the company responsible for this. Why censor this?

It makes no sense at all.

Agree 100%

I think the love for this icon has waned recently...

Funny that, I'm going to see a 190 in the air next week :)

Funny that, I'm going to see a 190 in the air next week :)

Aw... tell us more please !

Aw... tell us more please !

Cybermat, are you speaking about the Wings Over Illawarra 2016 next April, 30 and May, 1st ? 

The Focke-Wulf 190-A8 should fly the two days ! Enjoy and bring us great films and photos !!  ;)

more info here :  https://www.wingsoverillawarra.com.au/story/wwii-focke-wulf-at-wings-over-illawarra-2016

Yep, it's Wings over the Illawarra. I'll probably take enough photos to crash the forums if I post them, but I'll be sure to post the 190 photos. I'm hoping I get a chance to get up close when the flying stops, to take photos and talk to the pilot - maybe even a peek into the cockpit :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Enjoy mate ! We cross our fingers for you to able to approach the beast as close as possible.

The 190 is my preferred bird and I wish i could have been there ...   

Yep, it's Wings over the Illawarra. I'll probably take enough photos to crash the forums if I post them, but I'll be sure to post the 190 photos. I'm hoping I get a chance to get up close when the flying stops, to take photos and talk to the pilot - maybe even a peek into the cockpit :biggrin:

8006789bb0cc3734ca56a33a79d2660023d66fd7

• Upvote 1

Well get cracking, we can't make them all.

My 15.(Span)/JG51 Winter skins are coming soon. I am working on my own unit skins ATM for our 110's then I will resume the Spanish skins.

post-12904-0-45034700-1461643551_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just like many other planes.

The waters are drying up. Community involvement seems to be pretty low. 

Perhaps you would like to get involved yourself CUJO.

Yeah stop trying be all passive aggro on us. we'll get to the Fw-190 when we get to it.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps you would like to get involved yourself CUJO.

Yeah, I knew this reply was coming.

Some of us skin, some are involved in other ways. (or at least have been in the past)

Anyway, I'm not demanding anybody do anything, just commenting on the relative lack of activity in the skinning world for this sim...not a single skin for over a month means there aren't very many people involved here and that's a bit troubling.

No need to take anything personally.

@Ze_Hairy @MadisonV44

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but the day before the airshow, the Fw-190 suffered a malfunction, and the canopy broke off in flight. While she didn't crash, she was in no state to fly, and couldn't make it to the airshow.

I'll try my best to follow her around to get those photos for you.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info Cybermat. It's reminding me the Ferté Allais Air Show near Paris a few years ago, when a technical issue stuck a FW 190 in a hangar.

We were not even able to approach it to take photos ... 

Hope you had the chance to take good ones ;) 

A few ideas for the nose. I'm not happy with any but the metal one is more discrete.

24x2n8l.jpg

122dx20.jpg

2q34t2q.jpg

2z69fa1.jpg

• Upvote 1

A few ideas for the nose. I'm not happy with any but the metal one is more discrete.

24x2n8l.jpg

122dx20.jpg

2q34t2q.jpg

2z69fa1.jpg

Gorgeous! I think #1 and #4 with the black noses look best. Awesome work!  :salute:

It doesn't make sense to have a Staffel Numeral combined with a Gruppenstab level tactical marking of that rank. A single Chevron with a numeral immediately following it would make more sense and was only used during times of transition of the promotion to Satboffizer. And also the yellow tails (Gelbe RLM27/04) were used in Findland mainly or for serious Ace's. Unless.....unless you plan on adding a lot of victory marks with a Ritterkreuz emblem on the top of the rudder plane. Your theater marking 'should' not exceed the width of the Balkenkreuz however was not uncommon to have one as you have here.

Good first attempt.

:salute:

Edited by 6./ZG1=SPEKTRE76

It doesn't make sense to have a Staffel Numeral combined with a Gruppenstab level tactical marking of that rank. A single Chevron with a numeral immediately following it would make more sense and was only used during times of transition of the promotion to Satboffizer. And also the yellow tails (Gelbe RLM27/04) were used in Findland mainly or for serious Ace's. Unless.....unless you plan on adding a lot of victory marks with a Ritterkreuz emblem on the top of the rudder plane. Your theater marking 'should' not exceed the width of the Balkenkreuz however was not uncommon to have one as you have here.

Good first attempt.

:salute:

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm not interested in making them historically accurate but I'll definitely take some of your suggestions.

Wow, no skins for a month  :ph34r: .

What I meant to say was "wow, no skins for three months".

What I meant to say was "wow, no skins for three months".

Do you mean just for the 190 or as a whole . I wish i could skin but i cant i`ve tried it goes well over my head i`m afraid layers alphas ..???. i even looked on utube for tutorials . only found one or two and they are in German . 

It's not that hard once you try and f--- it up a couple of times :biggrin:

I can give you a hand if you want, just send me a PM with any questions and I'll try my best at answering. My skins are pretty basic so far but I'm happy with how they've been turning out lately.

You don't need to worry about Alphas yet. First step is to get comfortable with the program you use (Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net, ect) and exporting a working skin file the game can read. From that point the learning curve is basilcy unlimited and the more you work with it the more you learn and can improve on your skills with increasing sucess.

Anyway, if you still like to get an impression of what alpha channels are you might take a look at my guide: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15420-custom-alpha-channel-tutorial-gimp-advanced-skinners/

It's a bit old and quite frankly needs an update (I'm working more professional now) but it still contains all basic info you need to get the idea.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 1

You don't need to worry about Alphas yet. First step is to get comfortable with the program you use (Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.net, ect) and exporting a working skin file the game can read. From that point the learning curve is basilcy unlimited and the more you work with it the more you learn and can improve on your skills with increasing sucess.

Anyway, if you still like to get an impression of what alpha channels are you might take a look at my guide: http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/15420-custom-alpha-channel-tutorial-gimp-advanced-skinners/

It's a bit old and quite frankly needs an update (I'm working more professional now) but it still contains all basic info you need to get the idea.

+1