=LD=Penshoon

You also think BOS is Beautiful? How about making it ABSOLUTLY GORGEOUS! *Instructions inside*

Black 6, same settings... quite happy with the new results.

Love the reflection, and the shadows from the cockpit.

Black6.jpg

Edited by Trooper117

You have to check the terrain LOD and distance rendering as well which IMO is the primary goal - being able to identify ground features from afar - airfields, bunkers, roads, rivers, etc.

Good shots. If you looking for the changes in the airframes test the differences of values with a sunrise, it is amazing how the values affect it.

Somehow it seems the LOD levels work like composite layers with only changing resolution and samples.

Terrain starts to get more and more interesting once you get both low and high level points correct.

:)

Terrain visibility is now much better.. Good find!  :) Didn't test more but how are the far away aircraft dots visibility ?  Meaning visibility range of actual moving objects ?

Terrain visibility is now much better.. Good find!   :) Didn't test more but how are the far away aircraft dots visibility ?  Meaning visibility range of actual moving objects ?

I believe this is set at 7km.

You mean 7 miles.?. and 7 miles is when you can see clearly the aircraft not unclear if you have a good vision .  I remember in the military telling us at night a cigarette red can be seen at 7km

Edited by GOZR

I remember in the military telling us at night a cigarette red can be seen at 7km

Then you should also remember that it would be only the case if there was no other light close to the cigarette light, and that it has nothing to do with the size of the cigarette.... so is not very relevant information for plane spotting.

With normal daylight contrast condition, the eye angular resolution is 1', that's the minimum apparent size of an object to be potentially spotted. so at 7 km, on perfect conditions, and if enough constrast, you can spot an object of 7000 x tgt(0.017) = 2m.

...................has anybody checked out the Novoselniki map with teh new settings?

Hypnotic beauty.  :wacko:

Maybe some need to check this out? :)

Create a new daytime.cfg with this data

[Daytime]
period="01.01","01.20"
sunrise="08.00"
sunset="17.50"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="01.21","02.05"
sunrise="07.50"
sunset="18.15"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="02.06","02.20"
sunrise="07.35"
sunset="18.40"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="02.21","03.05"
sunrise="07.10"
sunset="19.00"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="03.06","03.20"
sunrise="06.45"
sunset="19.20"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="03.21","04.05"
sunrise="06.15"
sunset="19.40"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="04.06","04.20"
sunrise="05.45"
sunset="20.05"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="04.21","05.05"
sunrise="05.10"
sunset="20.30"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="05.06","05.20"
sunrise="04.40"
sunset="20.55"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="05.21","06.05"
sunrise="04.20"
sunset="21.15"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="06.06","07.05"
sunrise="04.10"
sunset="21.40"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="07.06","07.20"
sunrise="04.25"
sunset="21.25"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="07.21","08.05"
sunrise="04.45"
sunset="21.05"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="08.06","08.20"
sunrise="05.15"
sunset="20.35"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="08.21","09.05"
sunrise="05.35"
sunset="20.00"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="09.06","09.20"
sunrise="06.00"
sunset="19.30"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="09.21","10.05"
sunrise="06.15"
sunset="19.00"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="10.06","10.20"
sunrise="06.40"
sunset="18.30"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="10.21","11.05"
sunrise="07.00"
sunset="18.05"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="11.06","11.20"
sunrise="07.25"
sunset="17.50"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="11.21","12.05"
sunrise="07.40"
sunset="17.40"
[end]
[Daytime]
period="12.06","12.31"
sunrise="07.25"
sunset="17.50"
[end]

Do the above settings only affect terrain rendering or other things too? Sorry, I've got no clue about stuff like this...

Silvarin" post="200678" timestamp="1415922286"]

Those are just the times the sun is up. Why do you want to change it?

He is trying to prove the devs were right not to give us custom graphics ;)

S!

Since when has altering of clocks been related to graphics options? A bit far fetched. If someone wants to abuse/exploit/hack BoS, he will do so no matter what. But has nothing to do with custom settings.

Do the above settings only affect terrain rendering or other things too? Sorry, I've got no clue about stuff like this...

I notice it affect the enviroment rendering (Ambient,Sun,Specular,Terrain,Bloom.........). That help me very much with my SweetFX Shader to made him much better.

I notice it affect the enviroment rendering (Ambient,Sun,Specular,Terrain,Bloom.........). That help me very much with my SweetFX Shader to made him much better.

offtopic: how you got SweetFX to work ? my game doesn't even start if I have it enabled ( and yes, AA is off... )

There is definately a difference in both screenshots.

Difference_Textures.jpg

upload pics

Looks good but could be done better? Take a closer look at this screenshots :)

[balanced Graphic Settings used here]

5cr5mjqeyjjq.jpg

tjwlv2kxq5mv.jpg

28hxamun3cu.jpg

9mmhaaku4rne.jpg

vxivfqgmmm8c.jpg

u2mnjjl2w89l.jpg

iojk9h9k2omt.jpg

7qiunc2mjq8.jpg

s2m2glbygbtc.jpg

offtopic: how you got SweetFX to work ? my game doesn't even start if I have it enabled ( and yes, AA is off... )

Download this that help you to understand how to install SweetFX. You maybe need to update this SweetFX that you have downloaded there to a newer one, because that version is maybe a older one.

http://riseofflight.com/forum/download/file.php?id=36642&sid=1c3a99a817b2ac89a03f83449030a819

My file structure that works:

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game

d3d9.dll

d3d9.fx

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data

d3d9.fx  (same file as in bin\game)

shader.fx

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

SweetFX readme.txt

Drive:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\SweetFX

Folder - dlls (2 sub-folders: FXAA DX9 dllSMAA dlls)

Folder - Presets

Folder - Shaders (24 files)

I use JSGME to activate/deactivate it from a MODS folder.

Edited by VR-Stick

rgr, shaders are not in data on my client ( don't recollect the info being in sweetfx guide txt file at all about shaders going there). 

Thanks for pointers guys, will play a bit with it.

Edited by =LD=Hethwill_Khan

After trying different settings just changing the last one(1024,16 to 2048,8) worked the best for me. I still have a "bubble" around me. I'm guessing my ATI R9 270OC just can't get the job done. Low and up close it looks great. No matter what I change 360 around me looks like this...

line_zpsb3279aa9.jpg

TG-55Panthercules posted the same on page one. A little annoying and it does make it look foggy in the distance above 2000m.

This topic has about the worst "best answer" of any thread I've seen.  It's a fine and useful post, but not so sure it should be stuck at the  top!

• Upvote 1

Yes BW. I'm not sure about this but it is a way to balance model loading (?) and it goes through your system/server as a release/request cycle so you don't get to load ALL models of a mission. Most games have this but with the deep winter beyond the wall we have here it is way more noticeable.

I have that noticeable bubble up at 4000 m and couldn't make it any better without severe lagging. Maybe some guys with more potent systems can try different ini settings.

Steve, agreed. Has no connection to the thread itself.

That is the distance at which the drawing of the trees is finished entirely... its only ground textures from then onwards(outwards)

I apply this op change and the scenery get a lot nicer aside from that line. But I still cannot get the GPU to push more than 30% on the external view and 50% internal. Frame rates dip to 20s but stay around 35 in missions. Online its 40-50 fps. Jumping to 60 in QMB most of the time. Confused...

me too. what's the point...? sounds like the system is working well drawing the game as nicely as is currently possible.

I think doing patrols at over 3000m I will be way more worried with the objects in the air and regarding that the graphic presets are actually spot on, difference between High and Ultra is noticeable. The ground is okay and is better now with the changes, navigation became better in the short notice ranges, especially spotting frozen water bodies.

The bubble is not a big deal for me as most of the time I'm down low, but if I were to do any high level bombing it would be hard to spot a target off in the distance. Blurry and foggy,well maybe it was like that in real life.

I apply this op change and the scenery get a lot nicer aside from that line. But I still cannot get the GPU to push more than 30% on the external view and 50% internal. Frame rates dip to 20s but stay around 35 in missions. Online its 40-50 fps. Jumping to 60 in QMB most of the time. Confused...

If your GPU is only running at 50% then it's probably bottlenecked by your processor. Basically your GPU is waiting for your CPU all the time as it can't finish his work as quick as the GPU finishes his.

Only way to get higher frames would be to overclock the CPU or buy a faster one. 

You could stabilize the fps by giving the GPU some more work though!

Try adding higher AA setting while checking the GPU load in your monitoring program. Try to get it as close to 90-99% load without maxing it out, as long as you stay below 100% load all the time you shouldn't get any worse performance at all, just a better looking game with less fps fluctuations.

Yes.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12501-you-also-think-bos-beautiful-how-about-making-it-absolutly-g/page-5?do=findComment&comment=198818

For my setup it is the optimum.

Did a Fraps run for fps count and had stable 50 - 56.

So, Preset on High, ini with those settings, 1080p. Gama is down to 0.8. No sweetfx. AA is off.

The bubble is not a big deal for me as most of the time I'm down low, but if I were to do any high level bombing it would be hard to spot a target off in the distance. Blurry and foggy,well maybe it was like that in real life.

absolutely.

2007, pretty good weather, summer, Climbing out towards paradise...some 15k, i don't see a single tree. and trees there are, below.

DSC02678.jpg

• Upvote 2

which makes me think that, as far as ground detail and trees are concerned, we are spoiled in fact.

maybe, if i were to try and point my finger at something, anything i want changed... i would say the transition phase could be smoother, longer, with a fade-out like at the end of a song.

But i fly 50% below tree level and busting bridges, and the other half i hide in clouds, praying nobody sees me.
perfectly happy with the current setup :)

but this thread has the subject of sharper textures up close...

I spend most of my time lower than trees and from the set up changing from 1024,16 to 2048,8 the detail is a lot more..just wow down low! I can see things now. Up high I have the bubble as some do but I can deal with that. This little "fix" is working for me so far.

and now the apologists come in with blurry photos.

for every crappy shot, there are hundreds that are clear. it's all about pixel resolution and atmospheric conditions.

camera=/=what the eyes see.