BlackSix

Controls, GUI, texts

Brief description:

joystick disconnects then reconnects mid-game

Detailed description, conditions:

my joystick will sometimes disconnect and reconnect mid-game, when it does I have to quit the server, then quit the game. Then restart the game, re-join the server, setup my flight again and hope my joystick does not disconnect, wasting what little time I have to fly. This whole process eats up so much of my time that most of my time in the game will sometimes be spent  loading, re-joining and setting up instead of flying. Please Help!!

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Windows 10

Microsoft FFB joystick

i7-4770k CPU

8GB memory

TrackIR

Brief description:  

After spawning into multiplayer dogfight servers, some engine controls use only half of available control axis travel on Logitech Throttle Quadrant.

This happens randomly, but most often in the Pe-2 and Yak-7B, occasionally in A20. Most common errors occur with mixture but also happens with RPM bound to axis. My controller has three axes, one for RPM, one for mixture, and one for Turbocharger. After spawning in and starting engines, with all axes of the quadrant in the fully forward position, the lever must be moved more than 50% of travel before any adjustment to the bound control happens. E.g. if I go to adjust the mixture, I have to move the lever to the 50% position before the mixture starts adjusting below 100%. Same with RPM when this occurs. Bound buttons adjust engine settings as normal. Never encountered in single player mode. After respawning, issue usually corrects itself.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): N/A.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):
Windows 10, Intel i5 3.4 ghz processor, Nvidia GTX 1060 w/latest drivers. (Controllers are CH Combat Stick, CH pro rudder pedals, CH Pro throttle, and Logitech throttle quadrant (this one has the issue, no issues with other axes on other controllers). 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Brief description:

Skins that do not match the image of the GUI, Skins that do not load and errors on the specs page.

Version 3.101 

*Click to enlarge!

BF 109 F-4 (Skins that do not load, Skins that do not match the image of the GUI).

SCHENTKE.jpg

UBBEN.jpg

FW 190 A-8 (Spinner and skins that do not match the image of the GUI).

BRETSCHENEIDER.jpg

DEFAULT.jpg

JG 11.jpg

FW 190 D-9 (Error on the specs page, should be 250 per gun).

190 D-9.jpg

SPITFIRE MK IXe  (Skins and spinner that do not match the image of the GUI).

ELEONOR.jpg

EAST INDIES.jpg

Edited by silverguun
Files, text.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Brief description:

Microsoft FFB2 joystick connection lost

While playing, I hear the windows sound to indicate a device has disconnected, then reconnected. My FFB2 seems to be the device. Despite reconnecting and windows recognizing it again, IL-2 will not pick the joystick back up until the game is restarted. When in-flight, this is a major problem :)

I only see my joystick disconnect when I am using it to play IL-2. Otherwise it sits connected, idle, to my PC at all times. Windows seems not to lose connection when I'm outside of IL-2.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

I am new to bug reports and do not know which log to look for.

Laptop

Windows 10 Home

i7-8750

32 GB ram

RTX 2070

Sidewinder FFB 2 joystick 

CH Pro pedals

Both inputs run through 4-port USB 3.0 hub 

Edited by Roger_Meatball

Brief description: Launcher Crashes on DServer
Detailed description, conditions: Stopped DServer.exe, then ran Launcher, then got the following crash message:

bos_launcher_dserver_crash.thumb.png.0320d4b9a345a0ef98c96432b5226aac.png

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Funny that you're asking. I'd love to show logs if only we had any of the launcher.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows Server 2016, Intel Core i7-4770 @3.8GHz, 32 GB RAM, 2x2TB HDD (Raid 1), 1GBit/s non-clocked.

Brief description:

Skins that do not match the image of the GUI.

Version 3.101b

*Click to enlarge!

BF 109 F-4 (Skins that do not match the image of the GUI).

Schentke.jpg

Brief description: Launcher Crashes, and I get the following message

Detailed description, conditions:  after the 3.101 update

errore-strano.thumb.jpg.aeae1eb79512f6416549465ceb0c1c9c.jpg

What can I do?

I have already tried the most obvious thing, reinstalling the game.

Posted (edited)

Brief description: Unable to change UI Scale

Unable to change UI Scale in settings or anything, always gives choice of only being able to choose auto, but currently at 100%. Using auto on 1024*768 makes the UI microscopic.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

ANdRuzd.png
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Intel Core i5-2500K @3.3GHz, 8 GB RAM, Zotac GTS 450

P.S. I have learnt that when using a
Splashscreens Mod the UI scaling seems to be working well on the versions of gamesplash.gfx, interface.gfx and preloader.gfx, dated March 2018, however, the game doesn't run when using these old version files anymore... Perhaps a look at what changed may help to get the UI scaling back..? I'm apparently the only one with this issue it seems.

Edited by [FAC]Ghost129er
date typo

On 6/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, RedKestrel said:

Brief description:  

After spawning into multiplayer dogfight servers, some engine controls use only half of available control axis travel on Logitech Throttle Quadrant.

This happens randomly, but most often in the Pe-2 and Yak-7B, occasionally in A20. Most common errors occur with mixture but also happens with RPM bound to axis. My controller has three axes, one for RPM, one for mixture, and one for Turbocharger. After spawning in and starting engines, with all axes of the quadrant in the fully forward position, the lever must be moved more than 50% of travel before any adjustment to the bound control happens. E.g. if I go to adjust the mixture, I have to move the lever to the 50% position before the mixture starts adjusting below 100%. Same with RPM when this occurs. Bound buttons adjust engine settings as normal. Never encountered in single player mode. After respawning, issue usually corrects itself.
Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): N/A.
Windows 10, Intel i5 3.4 ghz processor, Nvidia GTX 1060 w/latest drivers. (Controllers are CH Combat Stick, CH pro rudder pedals, CH Pro throttle, and Logitech throttle quadrant (this one has the issue, no issues with other axes on other controllers). 

Im so happy i read this. I thought it was related to my throttle.

I get the same issue with the Virpil Throttle.

Some axes are set in a way where the midpoint is the 100%. It is hard to replicate because it's not always there. In the same SP mission it might always not happen.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Im so happy i read this. I thought it was related to my throttle.

I get the same issue with the Virpil Throttle.

Some axes are set in a way where the midpoint is the 100%. It is hard to replicate because it's not always there. In the same SP mission it might always not happen.

I haven't encountered this bug in some time and never as far as I recall in a single player mission. I had thought it may be an online only issue but if you are getting it in SP then obviously its not. Its also obviously not simply a hardware issue. I still have no idea what may trigger it.

Edited by RedKestrel

38 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

I haven't encountered this bug in some time and never as far as I recall in a single player mission. I had thought it may be an online only issue but if you are getting it in SP then obviously its not. Its also obviously not simply a hardware issue. I still have no idea what may trigger it.

I haven't seen a pattern. I thought ot was related tu spawning on parked, bit then i couldn't reproduce it.

1 hour ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I haven't seen a pattern. I thought ot was related tu spawning on parked, bit then i couldn't reproduce it.

For what its worth, I have only encountered it when spawning in a parked position with the engine off, never with the engine running on the runway or from an air start that I can remember.

Brief description: Incorrect text in 109 F4 skin description, Spanish

The text in the ingame description of "Shultz" skin of Bf 109 F4 has an incorrect letter in caps.Second line: "COnsiguió" should be "Consiguió"

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):

786783e91362fa3a8f0f721d3ec5feea.png
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Signature

• Sad 1