BlackSix

Controls, GUI, texts

Brief description: Wrong informations under specification tab

Detailed description, conditions: In the specification tab of the Ju-87 D3 its written that it has a pitch and roll trim. But it has only pitch and yaw trimmers.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): 

post-26340-0-53163800-1500230354_thumb.jpg

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software):

Brief description:

Black screen on bombsights, or frozen bombsight GUI in VR

Detailed description, conditions:

While playing in VR (Rift CV1), I frequently have an issue where the bombsight for the Pe-2 (both versions) and He 111 H-6 will either not load (I press "v" and the screen goes black with a message "Waiting for Data") or will load a partially or completely non-functional GUI for the bombsight (data readout in top-left is frozen, despite any changes in speed/attitude, and salvo controller in the He 111 doesn't change salvo settings. Sometimes the bomb bay door controls work, but it's inconsistent. Bomb drop button seems to work consistently). I haven't checked in the Ju88 or He 111 H-16.

If I'm not playing in VR, it seems to work ok.

N/A

Windows 10, GTX970 with driver version 385.28

Brief Description:

Pilot Callsign (display name) and Allied or Axis Faction data does not display in flight tracks.

Detailed description, conditions etc:

Since publish 2.009 (and all sebsequent patches) Flight tracks do not display player names or display icons (or arrows) in their assigned faction colour.

Now both red and blue faction colours display as pale grey upon playback. Pilot names are replaced in most missions by the aircraft type name (even at close range) while in one mission, all players names were replaced by the words "Red Plane" or "Blue Plane".

P.S. thanks Johnny-Red

Edited by ema33ig

the following errors and warnings do not seem to be severe (the game works seemingly without problem), but they still appear in various error logs so maybe it can be helpful for the devs (or me - if this is a problem with my installation or a bug) to fix not so important stuff?

1.)

Brief description: error warning in file \data\_gui.log and \data\_gui.log.err

Error: Unknown file format at URL "swf\il2/assets/accountstate/bronze.eng.dds"
Warning: Failed loading URL "il2/assets/accountstate/bronze.eng.dds"

Error: Unknown file format at URL "swf\il2/assets/accountstate/bronze.eng.dds"

2.)

Brief description: FAILED LOADING warning in file \data\tex.log

FAILED load: GRAPHICS\LANDSCAPE_STALIN_S\SURFACETEX\STALIN_SAD_01.DDS (graphics\textures\common\STALIN_SAD_01.DDS)
FAILED load: GRAPHICS\LANDSCAPE_STALIN_S\SURFACETEX\STALIN_SAD_02.DDS (graphics\textures\common\STALIN_SAD_02.DDS)
FAILED load: GRAPHICS\LANDSCAPE_STALIN_S\SURFACETEX\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS (graphics\textures\common\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS)
FAILED load: GRAPHICS\PLANES\JU88A4\TEXTURES\JU88A4_GD.TGA (graphics\textures\common\JU88A4_GD.TGA)
FAILED load: GRAPHICS\PLANES\JU88A4\TEXTURES\JU88A4_GD.TGA (graphics\textures\common\JU88A4_GD.TGA)
FAILED load: GRAPHICS\LANDSCAPE_STALIN_S\SURFACETEX\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS (graphics\textures\common\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS)
FAILED load: GRAPHICS\LANDSCAPE_STALIN_A\SURFACETEX\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS (graphics\textures\common\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS)
FAILED load: GRAPHICS\LANDSCAPE_STALIN_A\SURFACETEX\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS (graphics\textures\common\LAND_SLOPE_03_NM.DDS)

(sidenote: loading stalingradmaps and flying the ju-88 works with no apparent problem)

Brief description:   After closing the HUD we get a screen message "The HUD is closed press H to reopen" or some-such.  Every time. Takes a while to go away.  

Suggested action:  Please give us back the option to tick a box to not show this message again.

Brief description.

Instrument panel check box under Settings-Flight will not always stay ticked.  On closing and opening HUD the compass appears, but not the speed, even though instrument panel option is unticked in both Settings - Flight Interface and Difficulty settings (which are Custom).

Even though MP messages are unticked, a text box translation of the radio messages appears when HUD is on. Sometimes.

Opening Settings - basic options to try to fix any of these things once a mission has started hangs up the game.  All of the above are in SP mode.

It should be simple to select any combination of HUD elements to be on and for that set of choices to persist until the game is told to do otherwise by the player.  GUI is easily the worst functioning feature of the game currently.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I just discovered a minor "bug" last night - so no worries.

Brief description: Hs-129 B-2 Cockpit

When I turn on the instrument light, the instruments in the cockpit have no light, but the instruments

outside of the cockpit on the engine nacelles do work properly.

The cockpit light though works.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  n.a.

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): not relevant in this case

It's a minor "bug" to me - so easy guys.

Cheers

When I turn on the instrument light, the instruments in the cockpit have no light, but the instruments outside of the cockpit on the engine nacelles do work properly.

The cockpit light though works.

That's how it is supposed to work.

Brief description: Hud displayed "tool Tips" are incorrect after toggling HUD.

This may be a VR only issue, but I am not sure. When you toggle off your HUD and then toggle it back on the HUD will display the engine mode/status you were in when you toggled the HUD off instead of displaying the current engine mode. changing engine modes with the hud on fixes the issue.

To Reproduce:

1)Fly any plane with more than one engine mode. 

2) with the HUD on go into emergency mode

3) turn the hud off

4) go into cruise mode with the hud off

5) turn the hud back on, and see that it is showing the symbol for emergency mode

This appears to affect all of the status symbols that can be displayed. you can do the same thing I just described with auto level instead of engine mode

Brief description: Can't move the guns

Detailed description, condition: Switching to a guners position (BF 110, HE 110, PE etc) and taking control to the gun (T) i can't move the gun whatever i do (T, SH T). I deleted all other bindings to the mouse axes, and it has nothing to do with TrackIR. There also doesn't seem any keybinding to move the gun?

Brief description: Language setting flaw

Detailed description, condition: Language setting (to german) just works one time after the auto-restart. When started the next time game is switched back to english again.

Brief description: Corrections for Spanish localization: Time (in the sense of hour of the day) should be translated as Hora.

Detailed description, conditions: In quick mission, the Weather and time button is now translated in Spanish to Clima y tiempo, and in its submenu Time is translated as Tiempo.

Time, in the sense of hour of the day, should be translated as Hora, not Tiempo.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): N/A

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): N/A

Brief description: end of mission report blank

Detailed description, conditions: after you finish a screen you are presented with a blank screen which normally has your mission report. At the top left is mission select

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): win10, 388.?? Nvidia.

Brief description:

dead-centre option persits in key assigment after removement of assigment

Reproduction guide: 

1- Assign a joystick axis to "Bow pilot head horizontally"

2- Configure "dead centre" to 100%

3- Remove assigment to "Bow Pilot head horizontally"

4- Assign mouse X axis to "Bow pilot head horizontally"

5- Go in game. Note that now the mouse input has a dead centre. This dead centre cannot be removed without, assigning a joystick axis to "Bow pilot head horizontally" again, removing the dead centre, and dis-assigning again.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): N/A

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): win10 i5 2500k 8GB DDR4 RAM HD7950

Sort of a minor bug with an easy hot fix, but was driving me insane until I figured out what the heck was wrong.

Edited by Pupo

Brief description: Hud displayed "tool Tips" are incorrect after toggling HUD.

This may be a VR only issue, but I am not sure. When you toggle off your HUD and then toggle it back on the HUD will display the engine mode/status you were in when you toggled the HUD off instead of displaying the current engine mode. changing engine modes with the hud on fixes the issue.

To Reproduce:

1)Fly any plane with more than one engine mode. 

2) with the HUD on go into emergency mode

3) turn the hud off

4) go into cruise mode with the hud off

5) turn the hud back on, and see that it is showing the symbol for emergency mode

This appears to affect all of the status symbols that can be displayed. you can do the same thing I just described with auto level instead of engine mode

This and also if you taxi with cold engine and disable HUD before it heated up, cold engine symbol will stay at the screen even after engine is heated. It wont disappear during flight

Version: 2.012

Brief description: not possible to control turrets when using TrackIR

Detailed description:

The turret can only be moved with "Pilot's Head Movement Vertical/Horizontal", which also moves the view with the mouse when not in turret mode. But with TrackIR the user has to unmap those controls otherwise it makes the view jump around when touching the mouse, so they cannot control the turrets.

The turret don't move with the TrackIR view alone.

Possible solutions:

- an option to only move the turret with the "Pilot's Head Movement Vertical/Horizontal" mapped control, and not the view in other modes.

- Or a separate control for the turret movement control, which would be the correct way of doing that.

Brief description: brake mapping not compatible between different airplanes

Detailed description:

In the Spitfire or the Yak-1, the user must use the "Wheel brake" mapping to brake (with the help of the rudder). "Left wheel brake" and "Right wheel brake" are ineffective.

In the Bf-109 and Fw-190, "Left wheel brake" and "Right wheel brake" are effective, but "Wheel brake" is also effective and brakes both wheels! (which is technically incorrect)

So either the user maps "Left" and "Right", and cannot use the Spitfire and Yak-1. Or they can map "Wheel brake" for example on the same control as "Left wheel brake", but some airplanes like the Bf-109 or the Fw-190 cannot be used.

Proposed solution: (probably the only way it would work anyway) ignore "Wheel brake" for aircraft that don't have this feature, like Bf-109 and Fw-190, so the user can map left toe brake to both "Left wheel brake" and "Wheel brake", and the right toe brake control to "Right wheel brake".

Edited by Redglyph

Brief description: Language setting not remembered on next session

Detailed description:

The language can be changed on the settings/game page, it requires a restart of the sim and works. But the next time the sim is started, it is back to the previous language and the user has to change it again (and restart the sim once again).

UPDATE: The language will be remembered if set from the initial launcher window, however.

Edited by Redglyph

Brief description: New key assignment for in-game chat does not work.

Detailed description, conditions: As it quite often happens to me to press Enter instead of Ctrl+Enter when sending a chat message which is supposed to be for my allies only, I changed the key settings in the menu as seen in the screenshot below. However, this new assignment seems not to be recognised by the game. I still have to use the old commands, Enter for "send msg to all" and Ctrl+enter for allies only. Please see the screenshot of the chat menu in flight, still showing "Ctrl+Enter".

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): N/A

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12257-controls-gui-texts/?p=218078

This problem is present still in 2.012d. And you can not reassign the ENTER key.  Very annoying for the multiplayer :(

Environment: IL-2 version 2.012d, Win7 x64

Brief description: camera direction is frozen when giving orders

Detailed description:

When the user selects the order menu, they cannot move the camera view with TrackIR anymore, which is a problem if they need to look in another direction. When the order is given, the camera abruptly snap to the current view direction, which is disorienting.

The camera is expected to always point in the correct direction, even when selecting an order.

• Upvote 1

Brief description:

After changing keybindings for team chat and all chat, I am now unable to use team chat. Even after restoring to defaults. Even when I do use my team chat button, the message is posted in all chat anyway.
Detailed description, conditions:  The above pretty much sums everything up, its a pretty simple issue. I even completely removed the input folder and let the game create a new default one, and the issue was still not solved.

Running through steam

Win 7 Enterprise 64 bit

Asrock H170M Pro 4s

i5-6500

MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6G

In version 3.001, selecting the mapped "I" key no longer hides the player plane position on the map, even in expert mode in single player.

Environment: IL-2 version 3.001, Win7 x64

Brief description: unzooming the map one step always unzoom completely

Detailed description:

- bring the map during flight (O key)

- zoom several times to see the local area

- unzoom one time

=> the map unzooms completely, the user has to zoom in several times again

EDIT: also in debriefing ("Log" after mission)

Edited by Redglyph
  • Upvote 1

Brief description: Some characters like Eszett, are not displayed correctly in the Pilot's description in career mode

Some characters like Eszett, are not displayed correctly in the Pilot's description in career mode, and are shown as "?" like for ex. "Backerstra?e" for Ernst von Grevenhain.

(can't attach bmp file, even if they are small, I don't know how to generate jpg screenshots in IL-2)

IL-2 v3.001

Brief description:

Yellow text indicating mission objective completion is in French while English localization is selected.

Appears during career mission. 

v3.001

• Upvote 1

Environment: IL-2 version 3.001, Win10 x64

Brief description: Airfield in career mode is always "null airfield"
Detailed description, conditions: In career mode, the airfield your squadron is based at is called "null airfield" (Tested multiple times, but only in the Kuban career mode, flying for the Luftwaffe)

Environment: IL-2 version 3.001, Win10 x64

Brief description: Minor gripe : 5-digit postal codes didn't exist in Germany until the 80s
Detailed description, conditions: In career mode, when using the "transporter" story, the address at the end is 81767 Munich. those 5 digit postal codes were introduced in the 80s. In the 40s they (probably) used the old 4 digit postal codes (Although those might have been introduced after  the war too)

Edited by ratheadDweezilMoon
wrong winver

Brief description:

Yellow text indicating mission objective completion is in French while English localization is selected.

Radio transmissions in German while flying for VVS.

Flying for 6th GIAP VVS VMF out of Gelendzhik-1

Date 19/04/1943

PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): IL-2 version 3.001, Win10 x64.

Brief description: Airplane height is shown instead of altitude, in the "altitude" of the instrument panel ("i" key)

"Altitude" is relative to a fixed altitude or level, practically relative to a pressure. Height is the height relative to the surface at the vertical of the airplane.

The instrument panel GUI shows "altitude : <value>" in which the value is constantly adjusted to the surface, thus it shows the height and not the altitude.

(can't attach bmp file, I don't know how to generate jpg screenshots in IL-2)

IL-2 v3.001

Brief description: Engine throttel control in the A-20, La-5 and La-5FN not working in engine auto control mode.

Detailed description, conditions: Engine throttel control in the A-20, La-5 and La-5FN doesn't work when engine auto control mode is enabled in the realism settings. Instead throttel keys will operate the propeller RPM control.

• Upvote 1

My “mission objective complete” text is also in French. 

Edited by konate

Brief description: "Objective completed" message is shown before reaching combat zone, even though the target is waiting there

Quite often, especially in mission to intercept spotted enemy planes, the message "objective completed" (in the wrong language) is displayed on the first leg to the objective.

The AI comes back to the base, but the "spotted enemy" are still to be intercepted, and messages show that they are attacking friendlies in the combat zone.

Experienced among others in BoK, pilot in II. JG 52, when intercepting IL-2s. When this occurs in a mission, restarting the mission yields the same bug and is apparently 100% reproducible.

(can't attach bmp file in these forums, I don't know how to generate jpg screenshots in IL-2)

IL-2 v3.001

On 3/26/2018 at 7:19 AM, konate said:

My “mission objective complete” text is also in French. 

Confirm this bug on my end as well.

Brief description: Wrong right/left edge formation icons when editing career mission waypoints.

Detailed description, conditions: In a career as unit commander, when editing a mission's waypoints the icons for right and left edge formations are inverted: left edge icon shows a right edge formation and viceversa.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs):  see attached screenshot

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): game version v3.001, both English and Spanish GUI

2018_4_11__22_41_45.jpg

Brief description: map wonkiness on 1.5x UI scaling

When the UI scale is set to 1.5x, mouse panning/zooming on the mission map gets weird. Panning the map moves the map further than the mouse is moving, and scroll-wheel zooming is no longer centered on the mouse cursor.

4K screen, Windows 10, nvidia graphics

Brief description: Bombsight elevation "jumps" uncontrollable in view mode.
Detailed description, conditions: Only observed in A-20B so far. Player jumps the bombsight position ("V" key), switches bombsight elevation to "view" mode and suddenly, uncontrollable and with no apparent reason, the elevation intermittently "jumps" down by 10 or more degrees randomly, much quicker than any possible intentional elevation change could be. This does not happen all the time. On some sorties everything's fine, but if the issue happens on a sortie, it will stay during the full sortie time.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): Video demonstrating the issue:

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (Fall Creators Update), Intel Core i5-2500K, Nvidia GTX 970, 16GB RAM, game on SSD.

Cheers!

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror

Brief Description: No longer able to import old control input profile from previous patch

Detailed Description: The files  "current map" and "current" in the input folder continually overwrite when the game is started and revert any previous configuration to the default. This makes importing old configurations impossible and requires a new set up for the new patch. Presumably if this remain it will mean a reconfigure every update.

System: Win10 Latest Build 

EDIT - not accurate - deleted. 

Edited by BOO

Brief description: Typo in newspapers in career.

Detailed description, conditions: in article "Japan Invades the Phillipines" (newspapers dated 15.12.41) is written "Bataan Island", it should be Batan Island (only one A).

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): n/a
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): game version v3.002

----------------------

Brief description: Typo in A-20B Specifications (both in game and in forum).

Detailed description, conditions: in Specifications for A-20B is written -  Cruise (unlimited time): 1705 RPM, 27,5 / 30,0 inch Hg, mixture "Auto Lean" . It should be 1750 RPM, not 1705 RPM.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): n/a
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): game version v3.002

A black screen, a mouse cursor and nothing to click on after the coop server has shut down.

Now imagine a black screen, no mouse cursor and nothing to click on

What is the difference?

Raaid has got the prerogative.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

Brief description: Joystick Buttons above 62 not working, Function Keys above F15 not working.
Detailed description, conditions: IL-2 Great Battles seems to have a rather random limit on Joystick Buttons and Function keys.

There has been a limit on Windows (DirectX / Direct Input) of 32 Buttons way back in the past (DirectX 7.0 or older), but since the release of DirectX 8 in November 2000 we have the DIJOYSTATE2 structure holding up to 128 buttons. DCS has 128 buttons working. IL-2 Great Battles is said to support 64 Buttons (which would be a rather random limit too), but actually button 63 doesn't work at all, and when you press button 64, the game will record a press of button 62 - therefore actually only 62 buttons are working.

Similar thing with function keys.

If you happen to have a keyboard with 24 function keys (yes, that's possible, and windows fully supports it), you will notice that in IL-2 Great Battles keys F13-F15 work fine, but F16-F24 show a "null" key pressed when you hit them. This limit to 15 function keys is completely random and most probably a bug, at least there seems to be no reason why this should be intended to be so.

Additional assets (videos, screenshots, logs): See F15 (working) and F16 ("null") in action attached to this post.
Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit (Fall Creators Update), Intel Core i5-2500K, Nvidia GTX 970, 16GB RAM, game on SSD.

Cheers!

Mike

F15.png

F16.png

Brief description: Uneven speed of leaning left/right (and moving up in upper part) in P-39L1.

Movement (leaning) to the left is much much slower than to the right using every form of head movement controll (tracks, keyboard, hat). Using track it is retarding ability to lean (not rotate) the head to the left during the flight or dogfight.

It is even hard to look at the altimeter which is placed left partially covered by the mount of the gunsight, and very easy to look at compas placed right.

P-39L1 is the only airplane affected.

The issue concerns fourth and fifth picture: leaning left/right and moving up/down:

image.png.f764410f151469a3e5a6e2cb282121db.png

Green llines - leaning is fast, fluent and comfortable, like in every other airplane.

Red lines - leaning is sluggish and slow.

Orange is a centerline crossing which changes the spead dramatically.

(yes, moving the head up is also affected)

image.thumb.png.98ad27c8dcb7929d8cb619ddc6a72af7.png

image.png.085c43b5391be0258f9f4e27ba823412.pngLeaning left - slow and sluggish

image.png.2a5cc2d1cd1807e12200a1c7a6deeddd.pngLeaning right - fast and fluent

Bug has been confirmed by other users in the following topic:

Your PC config data (OS, drivers, specific software): game version v3.002c

image.png

Edited by bies
more information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1