may-bug

Splashscreens mod

Hello :),

this is a small mod for changing (or adding) splashscreens.
Unzip in MODS folder and activate with JSGME (Mods=on in the game)

To add splashscreens, place your pictures in "images" folder, rename them to match with others (following numbers). Then open "info.txt", copy the last line, paste it on a new line and change the numbers to match with your images names.
Your pictures must be *.dds, 2048*1024 or same ratio I guess. DXT1 seems to work ok.
13,  2,  0,  0,  il2/preloader/images/13.dds|
Just add the following lines:
14,  2,  0,  0,  il2/preloader/images/14.dds|
15,  2,  0,  0,  il2/preloader/images/15.dds|

Hope you like it, and big big thanks to 777 for allowing mods, and AnKor for new GTP util :salute:.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Saluté Pilots.

For those who are a bit lazy or not want to fiddle with images, I have made a small addition to may-bug´s mod. It´s a quick & dirty work. Nothing special. I replaced the placeholder screenshots with original black white photos from the net. It gives the game a little bit more "Historical feeling"

Including planes: Yak-1/Yak-7/La-5/Mig-3/Bf-109/Fw-190

Credits inside. Package is ready to use. Enable only one splash screen mod at time.

Big thanks to may-bug....777Studios....and all the modders out there.

If you have questions, problems, etc. post it here please.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zbnblk672g2zk3/HistoricalSplashscreens.7z?dl=0

6.jpg

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 1

Thank you both for this mod. Semor76, I love the pics you chose for your  conversion. I haven't changed them since I installed this.:salute:

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

Thx Blade. My pack was only a quick shot. Some of the pics are not the best in resolution and size. I already made a better one. I´m on nightshift today and will upload it in the next hours.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Semor76 said:

Thx Blade. My pack was only a quick shot. Some of the pics are not the best in resolution and size. I already made a better one. I´m on nightshift today and will upload it in the next hours.

Cheers!

Sorry, I disagree totally. Your pics are so "Period Perfect" that I don't think you can produce better.  They each are the real deal, capturing that moment in History that recreations just cannot match. I know you didn't take the pictures, but you have a good eye and compiled a very nice set of pictures. Again, I appreciate them more than you know and they make my wait while the mission loads a pleasure as I try to think what it must have been like to be there and experiencing their struggle to survive and stop the German juggernaut.:salute:

S!Blade<><

Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2018 at 8:47 PM, Semor76 said:

Saluté Pilots.

For those who are a bit lazy or not want to fiddle with images, I have made a small addition to Semor76's addition to may-bug´s mod. It´s a quick & dirty work. Nothing special. I replaced the placeholder screenshots with my original screenshots from BOX. It gives the game a little bit more "Personal feeling"

WARNING, THIS PACKAGE CONTAINS HISTORICAL MARKINGS FOR THE GERMAN PLANES.

Credits inside. Package is ready to use and JSGME ready. Enable only one splash screen mod at time.

Simply unzip this file and put the folder "Blade_Splashscreens" into your JSGME MODS. Enable it from JSGME and you are good to go.

Big thanks to may-bug....Semor76....777Studios....and all the modders out there.

If you have questions, problems, etc. post it here please.

Enjoy!

ARwmbmf.jpg

Semor76 I hope you don't mind but I just hijacked your thread and plagiarized it totally out of my laziness. I made this little offering from your inspiration by changing maybugs mod. It is going to be hard to choose between these now.:)

Blade's SplashScreens 1

Blade's SplashScreens 2

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister

Posted (edited)

Are these replacing the images we see in Careers  or elsewhere? I find the default ones that the developers have used are ...well...weak.They seem to be illustrating ground scenes or pictures of B-17 formations rather than Luftwaffe scenes on the Eastern front ( I'm not sure what the Soviet career screens show.) Black & white photos of the Luftwaffe are easy to find that would work better ( for me anyway...) Will this allow me to change those ?If not ,might you consider a mod to do that? Thanks!;)

549718673.jpg

Edited by Bearcat
added image

These Splash Screens replace the ones you see while the mission is loading in Single , Career(I think?) and in QM.

S!Blade<><

Hello, after the last updates (game and NVDIA drivers) this mod doesn't work any more. I tried a new installation, but without success.

Have you got any good ideas?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, EffeDB said:

Hello, after the last updates (game and NVDIA drivers) this mod doesn't work any more. I tried a new installation, but without success.

Have you got any good ideas?

Thanks 

I got a black screen as well. Will have a look at it tonight. Maybe I can fix it.

Posted (edited)

Hi, I'm afraid that will be rather difficult. Using unGTP.exe to unpack

Swf.gtp, I discovered that '...\preloader\info.txt' now is cripted.
I remind that in previous version it was in clear text.
It seems they did it on purpose, didn't they?
[Edited]   😬

Knock it off.. there is no "Soviet" anymore.. 

Edited by Bearcat

Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2018 at 5:21 PM, EffeDB said:

Hi, I'm afraid that will be rather difficult. Using unGTP.exe to unpack Swf.gtp, I discovered that '...\preloader\info.txt' now is cripted.
I remind that in previous version it was in clear text.
It seems they did it on purpose, didn't they?
[Edited]    😬

Did you use the RoF unGTP.exe? I use unGTP-IL2.exe

Edited by Bearcat

1 hour ago, Murleen said:

Did you use the RoF unGTP.exe? I use unGTP-IL2.exe

Yeah you definitely don't want to use the RoF version of unGTP.exe otherwise none of the files are readable.

Yes, you're right. I tried with another version of unGTP (size 29KB) and now info.text is readable. The risult is the same, anyway.  It doesn't work.

Even substituting the *.gfx files (gamesplash, interface and preloader) there's nothing to do.

What a shame! Their pictures are so boring ...

I just edited the preloader/info.txt to make all the splashscreens #3 and it worked....

Well, my info.txt rows are like:

1,        1,        0,        0,        il2/preloader/images/1.jpg|
2,        1,        0,        0,        il2/preloader/images/2.jpg|

They  worked in the previous versions, not in the last 3.006.  The users Semor76 and Pa_Yren seem to have my same problem ... so I'm not alone. 😕

I'll try to resave the images as *.dds by Gimp.

Thanks, anyway.

Is this mod still possible and with "Mods off" so it can be used on any online server..

We were recently talking about making less propaganda less patriotism based Loading screens and have mostly Load screen images with Axis planes shooting down Allied planes more than the way it is now
(with all allies winning in every loading screen and never one being shot down, even the 109/190 diving on a truck misses :D)

Posted (edited)

Yes, it seems the PCA (Politically Correct Army) won this battle!
Probably they fear suffering the same defeat as in IL2-1946 modded game. It burns again!!!  😍
Only a matter of time, pilots, only matter of time.
Actually I like this mod, because it can really improve its beauty.  
See for example, how marvellous were my splashes.
The oldest 1946 gamers will certainly recognize the tremendous art of their Author.
His website is the most incredible I've ever visited.  😏

image.thumb.png.7a6014f42b43444318032317ce266019.png

Edited by EffeDB
English is not my mother tongue, and I hate Grammar errors.
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

We were recently talking about making less propaganda less patriotism based Loading screens and have mostly Load screen images with Axis planes shooting down Allied planes more than the way it is now
(with all allies winning in every loading screen and never one being shot down, even the 109/190 diving on a truck misses 😄)

Really? 🙄 I know of at least 2 loading screens where the Allies "don't win" and another 2 where the Axis do. 

But sure, go on believing that the loading screens are propaganda. 😄

Edited by LukeFF

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, EffeDB said:

Yes, it seems the [Edited] won this battle!
Probably they fear to suffer the same defeat as in IL2-1946 modded game. It burns again!!!  😍
Only a matter of time, pilots, only matter of time.

Except you can still mod it..........

Edited by Bearcat

Hello,
the mod works OK for me with 3.006.
If you have more than 13 pictures(default number), look for "IL-2\data\swf\il2\userdata\default\preloader.txt".
You'll find that: "history=1%2C2%2C3%2C4%2C5%2C6%2C7%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11%2C12%2C13". Add your new pictures at the end of the line -example for 15 pics: ......11%2C12%2C13%2C14%2C15
Hope it helps.

I’d like to use this Mod,but apparently I have no way to convert my screenshots to the dds format.Does anyone have a suggestion?😎

Hello, strange things on my computer!

All my 18 splashes now are in *.dds format (created via Gimp with the dds plugin ... it worked for the skins, so it's right)

If I use "history=1%2C2%2C3%2C4%2C5%2C6%2C7%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11%2C12%2C13" in  "IL-2\data\swf\il2\userdata\default\preloader.txt" I can see the default images.

If I use "history=1%2C2%2C3%2C4%2C5%2C6%2C7%2C8%2C9%2C10%2C11%2C12%2C13%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18"  I see only black screens.

Moreover I made the 3.006 update even with the Steam version and now that's gone!  No possibility to play via Steam: it doesn't start anymore.

I'll try a new installation, but that seems a real "sfiga". 😡

I think to have solved my problems with Spashscreens mod ... at least, in my computer it works now.  Try at your risk.

1. open the Mod Enabler (I use JSGME.exe) and deactivate Spashscreens mod.
2. with unGTP-IL2.exe unpack Swf.gtp e look for the file: ...\swf\interface.gfx
3. overwrite with this new file the old one in your "MODS" FOLDER (...\MODS\Splashscreen\data\swf\interface.gfx). They're different.
4. Start IL2.exe and verify that Settings/Game/Enable mods is selected.
5. reopen the Mod Enabler (JSGME.exe) and activate Spashscreens mod.
6. verify the presence in ...C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\data\swf\il2\preloader\      of the folder images and the file info.txt

Now if you select a mission, Splashscreens should be visible, either if *.jps images or *.dds images.

I had a further problem with the Steam version, because the Steam\...\data\swf\il2\preloader was protected and not openable.
I solved this, putting my Hard disk in an external case connected to another PC.

Good Luck!  😛

@EffeDB

Thanks! Worked to me too. But let me ask one question - what does "tow" in the info.txt mean?

I played around with some Luftwaffe photos from CLOD and other pics i found at Google. Tried to give them an historical look.. 

dd0f8d-1539261743.jpg

1a8c9f-1539262666.jpg

You can download here:

SplashscreensUnsereLuftwaffe.rar

Hope you like it 😉

Edited by Tom25briklebritt

Hello, I don't know the meaning of tow. It's a column of 1
Try overwriting some of them with 0 and see the difference.
Your images are interesting from an historical point of view;
maybe a bit too pale for a videogame.
I send you mine. They are a burst of colours ... and not so compromising. 😁
Pay attention: If you decide to use them, my computer screen size is 1920x1080 pixel.
If your screen is different, you should modify only the black frame size,
because the images are just well focused. Don't zoom them.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PmJVhMuOXrXtkpDXQkeStPGSQce-lAMj

I presume you look for a software able to open and save *.dds files. I use Gimp.exe  and a simple plugin to install with it.

Gimp (a free software) seems very complicated, but there is a online guide in various languages and it's valid to treat airplanes skins as well.

https://www.gimp.org/                                                                         <--------------------- link for Gimp

https://code.google.com/archive/p/gimp-dds/                               <--------------------- link for *.dds plugin

No I'm looking for a utility that can make dds.files out of the jpg screenshots into dds files for this splashscreen mod.

4 hours ago, Blitzen said:

No I'm looking for a utility that can make dds.files out of the jpg screenshots into dds files for this splashscreen mod.

Gimp can do this easily and reliably if the wondersites don't work..