=38=Tatarenko

New Players start here ...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Download your chosen skin

Unzip it to C>Program Files (x86)>1C Gane Studios>Il-2 Sturmovik Great Battles>data>graphics>skins>Plane of your choice.

If it comes with a 4K .n File then unzip it to

C>Program Files (x86)>1C Gane Studios>Il-2 Sturmovik Great Battles>data>graphics>Planes>il2m41 (in your case)>Textures but rename the file that's already in there before you do, in your case IL2M41_B.dds. Just rename it IL2M41.dds. Job done, fun to be had!!

thanks! Im trying to open the dds file, but my system doesnt have anything that is working.  may you suggest a program to do this with?

edit to say I have it figured out!  Thanks to all for helping! 

Edited by jimg123
Updated information

9 hours ago, jimg123 said:

Im trying to open the dds file

You don't need to open it, just copy and paste/unzip is all...

• Upvote 1

Greetings All,

I'm new to IL2 and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm coming over from the DCS Spitfire module and am very impressed with what I have seen of the game so far. I love all things British WW2 warbirds, and am very much looking forward to adding the Tempest to my two Spitfire's in the months ahead. I would also love to get a chance to fly the Hurricane in game at some point, but I expect that is some way off. I have a full HOTAS setup, with headtracking, and am very excited to be joining such an active multiplayer community. Anyway, just wanted to pop in to say hello. I hope to see some of you in the virtual skies in the near future!

With best wishes,

Mad Jack

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Salutations and Welcome to our community. :salute:

As always... watch your six. 

• Upvote 1

Hi, I try creat a new account for my son, but when we try logging, we receive This account is inactive.

What we doing wrong?

Tks 

Mutley

Edited by =Abutres=Mutley1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:31 AM, MadJackMcMadd said:

I would also love to get a chance to fly the Hurricane in game at some point, but I expect that is some way off.

Impeccable timing. Four days later, and the freshest scuttlebutt says that the Hurricane will be one of the next collector planes. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cpt_Cool said:

Impeccable timing. Four days later, and the freshest scuttlebutt says that the Hurricane will be one of the next collector planes. 

I know, how incredible! I could not see this being one of the new collector planes as I expected them to be based either on BoBP or the next expansion - which I assume will be PoT. Very happy to be proven wrong on this point. 😄

Edited by MadJackMcMadd

Hello my respected fellow pilots! I just want to intriduce myself and express my enormous joy for slowly becoming part of this amazing community. You see, where I live you cant even find a simple joystick to buy. So today, finally I ordered from e-bay the t.16000m (stick only) and in a few days I'm buying IL-2 BoS directly from the website because as I understand it's better for the developers rather buying it from Steam. And from now on slowly I'm upgrading myself with TrackIR, throttle, rudder pedals and so on and so on, all the good stuff for fulfilling the closest thing to the lifelong desire and the dream of flying. I'm watching Requiem's videos and others like Sheriff (Sim Shacks) and Bismarck (Military Aviation History) for example but my God, Reqiem is something else. He's on a different level I tell you... Again thanks to all of you my fellow aviators, for a long time I was waiting this moment and now finally is here. Blue skies!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Welcome!  I too am new here, and express the same gratitude for many that take the time to make everything from tutorials to graphics. Without their dedicated work, these games would be much different. 

As I become more immersed in this sim and soak up some of the vast knowledge here, I learn to appreciate everyone involved more every day. 

• Upvote 3

Hey all!

New Pilot to Il-2... Have played DCS for many years and used to play Il2-CoD with the Fusion patch but wanted some P-47 action so bought BoBP yesterday and have been loving VR... Keep getting shot down but it's all good!! 

Hopefully see you on the servers soon!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Badders46 said:

Hey all!

New Pilot to Il-2... Have played DCS for many years and used to play Il2-CoD with the Fusion patch but wanted some P-47 action so bought BoBP yesterday and have been loving VR... Keep getting shot down but it's all good!! 

Hopefully see you on the servers soon!

:good:

Welcome aboard!!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 4:46 PM, Cyklon said:

Reqiem is something else

He's also really helpful and approachable. A genuine 'good guy'!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My name is Ralf and I am from Germany. My nick in Il-2 is Wa99el (spoken "Waggel"). I was born in 1976.

I  started Il-2 Sturmovik from the very beginning in 2001 with some offline missions. But very soon I went online and joined the german sturmovik community. In the virtuel fighter pilot school I learned how to fly a sim plane effectly in the Il-2 combat flight sim. Shortly after this I moved into the virtual Jagdgeschwader 107 "Flying Ferrets" as JG107/Waggel. My only tools were an old joystick and a headset. No trackir, no rudder pedals.

On the online servers I quickly recognized, that I have the right passion for flying fighter planes. We only flew full real servers and my experiance grew from month to month. I realized after a while that I needed a new joystick. And I bought a used trackir from a squadron colleague. The new equipment was supplemented with rudder pedals. 

The first days I had some neck pain. It was unusual to fly with such a thing. After refining the settings of the trackir, I could use the trackir much better.

From that point on, I was able to significantly improve my flying skills. We flew with our squadron a full real online war on the wings over europe server (WOE). I learned to nail down my opponents from every position in the sky with my favorite plane, the FW 190 A-4. Together with my wingman Bruno, the best wingman imaginable, we celebrated success after success. 

Our squadron became the best axis online squadron in this woe. We flew the WOE several times. The server became a kind of living room for our squadron. It was a great time and I met people from all over Europe. On the server we flew and fought hard, but outside the server there was a friendly social network.

I was now training new pilots to keep our squadron effective. I also moved deeper into the Il-2 community and was involved in some projects. At some point (2013) I missed the time, I had to work a lot and so it came that Il-2 moved more and more into the distance.

Today I am still not flying again but I feel in me again a certain "Jagdfieber". I saw the videos of the new Il-2 flight sim versions and it makes me hungry. At the moment I am moving to a new house. But I think I will update my equipment in spring (computer, joystick, trackir) and then IL-2 will be reinstalled.

Have a nice time, watch your 6 and always remember ...

the world ...

is an orange 😉

S!

Wa99el.

Edited by Wa99el
  • Like 2

Hi all,

i'm with you know and you can not escape. 🤪

My name is Jan, im ~40 years old, a German living in Switzerland, and as far as i remember dedicated to PC flight simulators of all kind.

Long time i was playing Sturmovik (the original ones up to 1946 with B.A.T. now), some times online via Hyperlobby, but mostly SP.

From the beginning i was interested in the new Sturmovik series, but the lack of dynamic campaigns and satisfiying SP content kept me away from it.

Now with one of the last sales i tried BoS - and i really like it now, the career mode is very cool, the PWDC tool also gives nice options for immersive SP battles...

Now it seems i get somehow pulled on the MP Servers again and again...but although i have ~30 years of flight sim experience, i feel like i have like a complete noob when flying online. But its a great atmosphere.

Also i wanted to complete the Sturmovik series and tadaaaa- - today started a new sale which grants me a nice opportunity for that.

So if you see a Paladin2005 on the servers (actually most time Wings of Liberty in a 109 F2) or jumping to your Bomber Backseats (although i get kicked out often where i dont undersand why) - thats me.

Maybe one day i will find some people to fly together (via TS3 or Discord).

Im online mostly European Time around 20:00 to 22:00.

Technicall,y im flying with TrackIR 5, Crosswind pedals, a Warthog Stick on a Virpil WarBRD base, Warthog Throttle and one Saitel Throttle quadrant...

regards,

Jan

Edited by PaladinX
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Welcome Ralf (Wa99el) and Jan (PaladinX) and everyone else joining or rejoining lately. I too am rediscovering the joys of flying in IL-2 and hope to see you in the IL-2 skies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

welcome in the Sky guys ;)

Is there a written document that is a checklist for take-off and landings? Videos are nice, but it isn't ideal if you are in-game. 

Quite new, and playing in VR which is amazing. My question is this: playing a mission, my fellow AI pilots seem to fly faster than I can keep up with. Just after takeoff and forming up and gaining height in the circuit I am in full combat or emergency mode (and being reminded that I should not be, sometimes even with a “watch your engine temperature” warning) and the rest of my guys seem to be going like the clappers. I believe I have my realism settings such that engine management and radiators are handled automatically, apart from raising the gear I am not doing anything else. Is this my problem? Should I be doing something that gives my engine power to keep up apart from putting the throttle to full and hoping? 

Another quick question: On the Rise of Flight store with each plane there is a detail description of the plane. There is absolutely nothing for IL*2 store. Is there a place that describes each plane. Ideally something that discusses the strengths and weaknesses of each plane.  

New to the forums here,  is there a discussion thread as to whether CLoD could be integrated into GB in the future? I would like to discuss about it without going off-topic.