BlackSix

Thread to gather your suggestions

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Controls/GUI

Explanation of proposal: Option to have 'Team Chat' use just ENTER key, and put regular chat on CTRL ENTER.

Benefit: Easier to use, and would help prevent accidental information broadcast to all players.

Edited by Valis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement:  Multiplayer.

Explanation of proposals: Increase the number of available planes in an airfield although the plane was not available in the airfield configuration.

Benefits: Sometimes you land in a different airfield where you didn't took off. When you want to fly again your plane it is not available in that airfield and the number of planes available in the airfield you took off have not been increased (this is obvious). 

Airfield configuration should be overridden and the number of planes of the airfield you landed should be 1.

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement:   Weapons and pilot figures interchangeable.

Explanation of benefit:   Add the British and American bombs and rockets to the weapon listings for early lend-lease aircraft (P-39, P-40, A-20, Spitfire MkV).

Make pilot figures interchangeable.

Benefits:   Users can make British/American campaigns and missions using the correct weapons and pilot figure for the lend-lease aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement:  Separate convergence option for aircraft with multiple wing guns.

Explanation of proposal: Make aircraft with multiple wing guns be able to use separate convergence settings. So instead of adjusting convergence for all guns would be able to adjust them for each pair. So for the P-47 as an example you'd be able to have 4 separate convergence settings because you have 4 pairs of guns.

Benefit: More realistic harmonization patterns and more accurate spread. It would also help improve hit ratio due to the guns spreading out more instead of them all hitting the same point.

Here's a photo as an example.

Convergance.thumb.png.8f9f620763dd644729f3523064282e51.png

Actual Harmonization patterns

Spoiler

P-47_gun_harmonization_-_two_types.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Convergence for set

Explanation of proposal: set different range of convergence for cannons and machine guns, specially for machine guns mounted on wings.

Benefit: Increase the aim according of the convergence for each pilot 

Type of improvement: Gun sight Bright

Explanation of proposal: option in the menu to set the bright of the gun sight

Benefit: All sights had a bright adjustment that is a good improvement to realistic fly

Regards,

Edited by ECV56_Necathor
  • Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Multiplayer/GUI

Explanation of proposal: Remove player names from online kill messages. Currently the messages are of the format Alice destroys Bob. Instead, how about Alice destroys LaGG-3.

Benefit: I have seen enough times online players being mocked/harassed when they are shot down; perhaps because they are new, unskilled, or there is a grudge between the players/squads. It is ugly to see. It would help if the kill messages omitted the name of the player shot down. New or inexperienced players would benefit by not being embarrassed having their name displayed frequently while they learn the game, and it would reduce the instances of players/squads antagonising those they have shot down.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Gameplay

Explanation of proposal: Change the red vision to a blurred vision during negative Gs. 

Benefit: Just more realism.

• Like 1

Type of improvement: Sound

Explanation of proposal: Positional (3D) audio in VR mode. Playing the game in VR is great, but the direction of where sound is coming from doesn't change when the player moves or rotates his/her head. I've seen positional audio implemented in pretty much every VR game I've played, and it makes a big difference for immersion. Of course in the cockpit you mostly just hear engine noise, but I think IRL even that would be coming mostly from the front of the plane towards the pilot (not from all around the pilot as it is now). And if you check your six, you'd hear the engine behind your head etc. Same thing with guns as well, for example. Now the sound doesn't really reflect the way you move your head.

Benefit: Adds another level of immersion

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Gameplay

Explanation of proposal: Make default chat key "enter" to be for my team only, and for all "lctrl+enter", oposite frm how its now (or alow this to be changed by player in key settings as far i see its not posible to be changed , some one pm me if im wrong thanks)

Benefit: Playing online this constantly get confused by new players who dont understand that they are chating in open chat by pressing enter and think its only their team that see messages, and it is confusing even when explained to them how it works to get it right.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 12

A less important possible feature that I thought off, no big deal if you're not interested but after I saw a picture of a WWII plane (Tempest or Typhoon) passing through a puddle, I thought of getting puddles in the sim.

Type of improvement: Graphics.

Explanation of proposal: Make puddles for during and after rain on roads and airfields or airstrips.

Benefit: Immersion.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Type of Improvement: Multiplayer Gameplay:

Expanation:Hello, when releasing aircraft for bodenplatte, can you release them in turn. For instance one for axis, one for allied aircraft.

Benefit:Multiplayer aircraft strength can remain balanced.

Type of Improvement: Multiplayer Gameplay

Explanation: Can you consider releasing 4 engine bombers such as the Lancaster and B-17. 

Benefit: Since the He-111 can carry a heavier bomb load the PE-02 and A-20 are outclassed in online gameplay

Thank you for considering my suggestions.

Edited by 334th_Ripper*
Used suggested format
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

This is not a discussion topic. 

Next one that disrespect others members in the way I just saw from some here, will be having a long vacation from the forums. 

Haash

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Type of improvement: Multi-player interface message.

Explanation of proposal: Notify the pilot when someone joins a gunner position (preferably including details which position is now occupied).

Benefit: Knowing when you have a human gunner on board, especially useful if the guy starts making problems (e.g. shooting at other planes in formation).

• Upvote 5

Type of improvements: graphics

Explanation of proposal: improve the graphic effect of fast rotating propeller blades, both in external and in cockpit view, now they appear too static and the painted tips should appear as a distinct ring when moving.

Benefit: increased realism of an element that is actually always in your sight.

Regards.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Graphics

Explanation of proposals: I suggest to make an animation of  meteors, so called shooting stars on a night sky (but not like this one from Chelyabinsk) ;).

Just a random few meteors per hour and sometimes more to simulate metor showers. For example on summer maps (Perseid metor shower on 12 August every year), or on winter maps  (Leonids on mid November and Geminids on mid December every year.)

Benefits:  Immersion. More realisim for astronomy fans like me. Also players could make a virtual wish during flight for example : "oh I wish I would have more fuel to follow that Pe-2" ;)

shooting star 2.gif

shooting star.gif

Edited by 200th_Taro
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement: Controls

Explanation of proposals: Add a function (axis) to control the Fw190 and Bf109 fuel selection lever or fuel feed selector. This can be substituted for the mixture axis on these planes as it is a lever and be used for changing fuel tank usage since mixture is controlled on the main lever. Perhaps separate controls to be able to use either an axis control for planes that have levers, or buttons for those that had toggle switches.

Benefits: More control over your aircraft's fuel tank consumption. 

• Upvote 1

Suggestion: Landing Flap and Takeoff Flap key commands for the Fw 190s.

Reasonthe Fw 190 had separate pushbuttons for takeoff flaps and landing flaps. However, in the game, we have to press the Flaps Down button twice to get to the takeoff flap setting, and then we have to press the Flaps Up button twice to go from takeoff flaps to flaps up. Having specific Landing Flap and Takeoff Flap keys would allow the player to move to the flap setting they want with one press of the button.

• Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Track Recording Icon

Explanation of proposals: At present the icon is red and static in the upper right corner of the screen, and is either on or off depending on whether or not you are recording a track. However, with tracks having a finite length it is easy to miss that the icon has gone off and no track is being recorded, especially when the player is busy within the mission. Recording quite often stops when the screen gets busy, due to its limited size (500Mb). A long mission can easily use 3 or 4 track recordings to collect the entire thing. A method of informing the player that recording is about to stop is needed - perhaps the icon could change colour or flash or beep when there is less than 50Mb/25Mb of recording space left - and the player could then start a new one.

Benefits: Just another little helper that would make the game experience better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement

Pilot head control ( zoom in out ) .

Explanation of proposals

A key,  when held down zooms in to a preset zoom level,           

When the key is let go the zoom returns to the currently used zoom level.     

ie.

If i am am zoomed all the way out ( widest FOV ) by holding the key I can  

instantly spot zoom some distant object ( narrow FOV)  and my head tracking   

still works.   

Benefits

Very quick and easy spotting.

Does not override head tracking like a snap view does.

Once you let go of the button your FOV is back to your normal FOV.

[edited]

S!

Plank.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Added part its not needed at all.
  • Confused 2

Type of improvement:   Graphics

Explanation of benefit:   HDR10+ support

Benefits:   Substantial improvement in graphics for those with HDR displays

• Upvote 1

On 2/22/2019 at 1:43 AM, Field-Ops said:

Type of improvement

Controls

Explanation of proposals:

Able to designate which engine is "engine 1" and "engine 2", or swap engine 1 to the right and engine 2 to the left

Benefits:

Will allow not having to re-bind dual throttle HOTAS equipment that cannot be linked to the right and left engine, which would allow switching back to single engine planes without re-binding throttle and RPM axis. 

Currently, binding your right throttle to engine 1 (which has all of the bells and whistles) will control the left engine on a twin engine plane. It is the opposite for binding engine two to the left throttle, it will control the right engine. When switching back to a single engine plane your left throttle is what controls your planes throttle. Mine does not pair together as it is a custom build (GVL).

Wanted to expand on my previous post with an alternative take, see below:

Type of improvement

Controls

Explanation of proposals:

Separate options tab for multi engine planes, see picture below

image.png.61847f717fccc4a6d34c1b492ef0f056.png

Benefits:

Ability to have your main throttle mapped to the only engine in single engine aircraft and use the second throttle on your HOTAS to RPM's. At the same time able to map left and right engines correctly on two engine planes without having to re-map when flying multi engine planes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Realistic navigation lights during daylight, i.e. much less visible especially far away.

Explanation of proposal: Tone down the effect of lights during daylight. Currently they are used as an exploit to "call in for help" or easier pinpointing for friendly planes when you are in trouble - this is being used on all MP servers.

Benefit: More realistic MP combat, more realistic flight simulator in general.

Edited by [DBS]TH0R
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Interface

Explanation of proposal: Add in a summary to the bottom of the aircraft setup window that provides a short listing of important aircraft statistics:

- Current Weight, and it's fraction of maximum takeoff weight (possibly highlighted red if the plane is overweight)

- Current estimated top speed, and its fraction of the reported top speed.

- Current Modifications Listed

- Weight of Current Modifications

- Weight of Current Fuel Load

- Estimated Range and Flight time at max continuous.

- Others information as needed.

Benefit: Improved Quality of Life when setting up planes before a flight. 

Users attempting to use aircraft with tighter specifications, or attempting to get the best performance out of their aircraft will have more information without having to calculate it themselves. For example, the Me-262 is over takeoff weight if the player sets a full fuel load and adds bombs to the plane. However currently, they won't be alerted to the fact that their setup is beyond the recommended parameters.

Edited by Stiggles
Edit 1: Accidentally clicked save too soon initially.
  • Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Control / Throttling twin engines with single throttle lever.
Explanation of proposals: Introduce a "throttle differential" control axis which can be assigned to a rotary knob (such as the one on top of Saitek X52 throttle). For example, with the throttle lever fully forward and the throttle differential knob in the center detent position, both engines would get 100% throttle. With the throttle lever kept fully forward, turning the throttle differential knob 50% to the right of center position, the left engine would get 100% throttle and right engine 50% throttle. If you now pull the the throttle lever back to 50% position, the left engine would get 50% throttle and right engine 25%. Using a rotary knob as the throttle differential would be intuitive as it works a bit like a steering wheel while taxiing.    
Benefits: Facilitates taxiing twin engined aircraft with a single throttle lever.

• Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Historical accuracy

Explanation of proposals: Please remove the unit insignia of the 16th Panzerdivision from the Sdkfz 251, Stug 37/24, Pz IVF1 and Opel Blitz. It might be correct for Stalingrad, but not for the other maps in the game. Custom vehicle skins shouldn't have any unit insignia.

Benefits: No more unit insignia that aren't historically correct for certain maps.

Type of improvement: Audio/Visual 

Explanation of proposals: Add English voices with German and Russian accents to replace the actual German and Russian voices. Allow options to switch between actual German and Russian language or the english voices with accents. Perhaps if resources permit do this for all localization options over time. 

Benefits: Less reliance on reading subtitles in flight if you do not understand the language and ability to disable GUI but still acquire important information. It takes some immersion out of the experience when you are reading your chat section instead of maintaining situational awareness and listening to the radio. 

Of course this should be coupled with better use of radio messages, but this change alone should alleviate some troubles people have with incomprehensible yelling in the radio.

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Controls.

Explanation of proposals: Please add separate controls for the different formation lights (upper/lower) or (Green/Red/Yellow), etc... Instead of having to control them by the same key for all .

Benefits: Realism/Ease of use.

Have a nice day.

Type of improvement: Controls.

Explanation of proposals: Please add separate controls for the cockpit lights and instrument lights Instead of having to control them by the same key for all .

Benefits: Realism/Ease of use.

Have a nice day.

Edited by FlyingShark

Type of improvement: Visual/Graphical Enhancement

Explanation of proposal: Rotate UV map for a single wheel (not both) by a few degrees, 5,10, 15 or etc to rotate and give different wheel texture so the wheels don't look symmetrical (mostly noticeable on aircraft like the 109, P40, etc when skinning wheel caps/rims).

Benefit: Visual appeal/realism/enhancement.

Type of improvement: Default team chat in MP.

Explanation of proposal: In stead of CTRL+ENTER for communicating with your team, create an option for user to choose - so that either normal (without CTRL) ENTER sends the message to your team only or everyone on the server. Preferably with a toggle through in-game chat interface.

Benefit: Easier online communication.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Graphics/animation

Explanation of proposal: Slower smoke/fire animation speed. Original animation seems sped up, distorts the sense of scale.

Original:                                                                                                                              Slowed to 1/4 of speed:

giphy.gif  giphy.gif

Benefit: More realistic effect.

Edited by Ouky1991
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 17

Type of improvement:  Graphics
Explanation of proposals: adding the possibility to switch between the old Prop animation with visible rotation (pre 3.101 I believe) and the new one. Maybe by adding it as choice in the game or graphic settings
Benefits: I know that some people had problems with the old animation, but the new one looks kind of "dead" or static compared to the old one. A simple switch would be sufficient and you have all the files you need already . . .

Thank you so much for this awesome game!

the little Guardian

• Upvote 3

Type of improvement: Navigation

Explanation of proposals: Addition of contour lines (isolines) to overview maps. The Prokhorovka map comes with contour lines on the overview map. It would be useful to have this on other maps too, especially Kuban. At the moment it's not possible to recognize elevations on the overview map. 

If your map team is working with GIS programs like ArcGIS or QGIS, such contour lines can be easily generate from elevation raster data, so the amount of work would be limited.

Benefits: Better navigation and also useful for level bombing in mountainous areas.

• Upvote 5

Type of improvement: UI/Gameplay

Explanation of proposal:  update QMB: give more options with regard to the type of aircraft encountered in 'random allies/axis aircraft'  ie random fighter, random bomber, random WWI aircraft.  Eliminating the tendency of the same aircraft (pe2s and he111s especially) to repeatedly spawn in the random aircraft selection.  Option to limit random aircraft to your aircraft's expansion or time period.  Giving ai bombers in QMB a waypoint so that they don't try to dogfight the player, so that they behave closer to what you find in career.

Benefit: more utility in QMB for training for career, better options for players and making the random aircraft selection viable for WWI aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Type of improvement: Graphics.

Explanation of proposals: Please add a NPC ground crew man who pulls at your propeller to start up the planes that had to be started that way and make him call "CONTACT" when doing so. 

Benefits: Realism/immersion (Mostly for Flying Circus).

Have a nice day.

• Like 1

Since you're doing Western Europe (Bodenplatte) it might be nice to see more bombers... specifically the B17, B24, and Lancaster. By the way, any chance of increasing the planes in quick Missions, from 8 a side, up to maybe 20 a side.

• Like 1

Please add convenience features like savimg your planes loadout, saving the filters amd sorting in the MP lobby.

Type gameplay

Proposal option to randomize weather, wind, time of day, cloud level, turbulence, etc in QMB, using a separate checkbox for each item.

Benefits less boring/predictable QMB and more immersion in feeling like each sortie is truly different in a real world

Posted (edited)

Type: gameplay

Proposal: Compared to aces, lower skill levels of AI should have:
(1) lower situational awareness
(2) poorer control of damaged aircraft
(3) more inclination to bail out of damaged aircraft
(4) more inclination to break off and run away when slightly damaged

This should be on a sliding scale based on skill level.

Benefits: A more realistic experience, less boring and predictable AI (especially on random), and better training for sneaking up on people when jumping to multiplayer.

Edited by von_Michelstamm
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Control

Explanation of proposals: (is based on my experience shown in this thread inside Hardware & Controllers sub-forum) - Editable axis response curve

I want to be able to edit the response curve of my pedals by changing values inside \data\input\current.map and keep those values.

At present the file gets overwritten as soon as the .exe is started (or a little bit later) and restored to the default. This is an issue for my situation: My left brake pedal only works and gives values inside a range of 44% to 100%. This is mostly no problem. But it leads to bad side effects when flying the Ju52. Constant left brake input leaves the left engine at low throttle and take-offs with this controller configuration are very difficult bordering on impossible.

My current workaround edits the wheelbrake entry in current.map from this

[rpc_wheel_brakes_left]

data_row0 = -1.000000, -0.980000, -0.960000, -0.939999, -0.920000, -0.900000, -0.880000, -0.860000, -0.840000, -0.820000;
data_row1 = -0.800000, -0.780000, -0.760000, -0.740000, -0.720000, -0.700000, -0.679999, -0.659999, -0.640000, -0.620000;
data_row2 = -0.600000, -0.580000, -0.560000, -0.540000, -0.520000, -0.500000, -0.480000, -0.460000, -0.439999, -0.420000;
data_row3 = -0.400000, -0.380000, -0.360000, -0.340000, -0.320000, -0.300000, -0.280000, -0.260000, -0.240000, -0.220000;
data_row4 = -0.200000, -0.180000, -0.160000, -0.140000, -0.120000, -0.099999, -0.079999, -0.060000, -0.040000, -0.020000;
data_row5 = 0.000000, 0.020000, 0.040000, 0.060000, 0.080000, 0.100000, 0.120000, 0.139999, 0.159999, 0.179999;
data_row6 = 0.200000, 0.220000, 0.240000, 0.260000, 0.280000, 0.300000, 0.320000, 0.340000, 0.360000, 0.379999;
data_row7 = 0.399999, 0.419999, 0.439999, 0.460000, 0.480000, 0.500000, 0.520000, 0.540000, 0.560000, 0.580000;
data_row8 = 0.600000, 0.620000, 0.639999, 0.659999, 0.679999, 0.700000, 0.720000, 0.740000, 0.760000, 0.780000;
data_row9 = 0.800000, 0.820000, 0.840000, 0.860000, 0.879999, 0.899999, 0.919999, 0.939999, 0.960000, 0.980000;
data_endrow = 1.000000

symmetry = 0;
spline = 0;

[end]

to this

[rpc_wheel_brakes_left]

data_row0 = -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000;
data_row1 = -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000;
data_row2 = -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000;
data_row3 = -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000;
data_row4 = -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -1.000000, -0.930000, -0.890000, -0.860000, -0.820000, -0.790000;
data_row5 = -0.750000, -0.720000, -0.680000, -0.650000, -0.610000, -0.580000, -0.540000, -0.510000, -0.470000, -0.440000;
data_row6 = -0.400000, -0.370000, -0.330000, -0.300000, -0.260000, -0.230000, -0.190000, -0.160000, -0.120000, -0.090000;
data_row7 = -0.050000, -0.020000, 0.000000, 0.050000, 0.090000, 0.120000, 0.160000, 0.190000, 0.230000, 0.260000;
data_row8 = 0.300000, 0.330000, 0.370000, 0.400000, 0.440000, 0.470000, 0.510000, 0.540000, 0.580000, 0.610000;
data_row9 = 0.650000, 0.680000, 0.720000, 0.750000, 0.790000, 0.820000, 0.860000, 0.890000, 0.930000, 0.960000;
data_endrow = 1.000000

symmetry = 0;
spline = 0;

[end]

To make it work I have to make the file read-only. But this leads to many pop-up messages about files not being able to be written.

Therefore I propose a setting that makes selected axises(pl?) read-only without error messages.

Benefits:  Without a proper axis editor in Setting this change enables experienced users to customize axis response to their controllers.

Type of improvement: Gameplay - Quicksave for SP missions

Explanation of proposals: Time constraints let me refrain from flying IL-2 as often as I'd like. A quicksave option for SP missions with long flying involved (f.e. scripted campaigns, Career) would enable me to slip in a part of a mission into my daily schedule and continue next day with the rest.

Quicksave option doesn't have to be active during me and my wingman in a dogfight. But maybe mission status can be saved during a quiet interval.

Benefits: Shorter mission parts mean more flying in the long term.

Type of improvement: Gameplay / Historical Accuracy - Usable bomb sight and female pilot models for U-2

Explanation of proposals: IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946/Daidalos patch has it. We should have it too.

Benefits:  Fighting and flying like the Night Witches

Edited by ADorante
merging of three proposals
  • Like 1

Type of improvement: Aircraft improvement

Explanation of proposals: HS129 has an incorrect description of the fuel lever, should read similar to what the p40/p39 has (full, auto rich, auto lean, off), and can we please have the 30mm cannon assignable as a separate weapon, now that the coding has been brought in for FC aircraft.  It could literally be assigned to any of the extra gun options

Benefits:  The HS129 is a collector's plane, so the flight spec error is pretty glaring and being able to shoot the 30mm on its own would be much more historical and easier to use.  I can't see these fixes being terribly costly either.

• Upvote 7