BlackSix

Thread to gather your suggestions

Type of improvement: Graphical/Gameplay

Explanation of proposal: Seperate horizontal FOV slider in options akin to how most shooters have it, with max value as it is now.

Benefit: Increased immersion for those of us who would enjoy it, as it would reduce the visual distortion especially noticeable in small cockpits like the BF 109´s.

Edited by So_ein_Feuerball
  • Upvote 1

Type of improvement: immersion/gameplay
Explanation of proposals: first person eject. 
That might Be in setting. So you can choose If it is first person eject or not.

Benefits: most servers are first person as se like it. If you could Be in first person while eject, immersion would remain. Now it kind of tears a soul from your body when you see yourself gliding. That might Be in setting. So you can choose If it is first person eject or not.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Graphical/Gameplay

Explanation of proposal: Deleting the backseater/Frontseater in the U-2VS

Benefit: Reduce load by 80-120 kg

Making the plane joyful to fly in non-combat environment.

Making the plane more maneuverable with a heavy loadout.

Sometime you really want to be alone on the plane and mr. grumpy in the backseat does not make my day 😁

Edited by EAF_Starfire
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Type of improvement:

Default paint scheme tied to map season

Explanation of proposals:

Currently,  if a person uses a custom  skin then anyone that does not also have that skin sees the plane as having the default skin.  This is a problem when the map is Winter and the ground is covered in snow because there is only one default skin and it is a Summer skin so if a custom white Winter skin is used most people see the aircraft wearing a bright green skin instead of camouflage and they stand out instead of hiding.

There is usually an official Winter skin amongst the other official skins so as well as a default Summer skin can we have a default Winter skin that is ued instead whenever a map is covered in snow?

Benefits:

Will make Custom skins useable on Winter maps as currently they just make you extremely visible to the enemy instead of hiding you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I am still waiting for an A20 bomber station. I know there are no guns, but when it comes to navigating a glass nose is very useful. In this regard the A20 is an unfinished product. The glass nose is a prominent feature of this variant.

If one wants to skip the nose station, a strafing version with guns instead of the glass nose would have been more convincing.

Nevertheless I am still hoping, that once when there are spare ressources the bomber station of the glass nosed version will be released finally.

• Upvote 10

Type of improvement:  Multiplayer / gunner stations. 

Scenario:  Some servers are set to allow gunners to join any multi-crew plane.  Sometimes when a bomber pilot forgets to manually lock the gunner stations random players can join and (sometimes) waste ammo, shoot the tail of the plane, shoot other friendlies on the spawn point and/or other bad behavior. 

Suggestion:  1.) Set the gunners stations to automatically locked (remove setting choice from server operators). 

2.) Add to the in-game (TAB key) scoreboard - where the "vote ban" and "add friend" buttons are next to each player's name/score - a button option to "allow/invite a player as gunner". 

That way, anybody who wants to join the bomber as a gunner - or wants a gunner for their bomber - has to ask, or be asked, to join the crew. 

Edit: For servers such as Tactical Air War, where gunners are prohibited from joining the crew, allow server operators the ability to lock the "allow/invite gunner" button.                        

Edited by =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ
  • Upvote 1

My suggestion is to shorten distances and time between battles in campaign gameplay... it gets boring when you take off on a mission and it's 20 minutes before you see an enemy plane

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, onlyforbrian said:

My suggestion is to shorten distances and time between battles in campaign gameplay... it gets boring when you take off on a mission and it's 20 minutes before you see an enemy plane

Please no. If u want airquake mission use QMB. Campaign is supposed to simulate the war.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, onlyforbrian said:

Use time acceleration. Have never seen the need to wait longer than 5 min before the action began. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sevenless said:

Use time acceleration. Have never seen the need to wait longer than 5 min before the action began. 

That, or use air-starts. 

• Upvote 1

Type of improvement: Gameplay

Explanation of proposals: Yesterday (February 2019, pre-update 3.010) the developer has improved Menu text size in VR and 4k ;  "Auto scale" option is added! Thank you developer :):yahoo: Now Menu text is big enough, but in game messages should be bigger also, and map coordinates... It would be nice to add it in same update ;) 

Benefits: In multiplayer VR players should be able to read messages, and map coordinates. 

Type of improvement: Plane Modification/Role Extension for the Ju52/3mg3e

Explanation of proposalJu52/3mg3e is given a bomb-load through the modification system currently used in-game. Historically (although more so in the pre-war and extremely early stages of WWII) the Ju 52/3mg3e variant was equipped with bomb-release mechanisms, and is cited at being capable of carrying a bomb payload of up to 1500 Kgs. I understand they didn't see much use in the historical context and were quickly replaced by the Ju86 and He111s, but I believe it would greatly extend the use-ability and desire of the community to purchase and use the Ju52 premium plane.

and I'm actually reposting this from last year: 😁 Seeing as the U-2VS just had rockets added to it, this seems much more likely now :)

Benefit: Increased usability and options for gameplay with the Ju 52/3mg3e. Would subsequently mean that the Ju52 has more than a completely non-combat role and may increase sales for the premium plane. And who wouldn't want to try to take it on a bombing run :)

Type of improvement: graphics rendering of ships

Finding ships on open sea, when no landscape to navigate is really hard.

Ships are big so they should be rendered form greater distance than 10km, especially ship trails on the water.

Recent 3.010 update is great regarding pic clearity and spotting planes but ships are still big problem.

They usually just pop up when you are already above them and moment when they pop up they are already huge not just few pixels on the screen.

Maybe ships rendering could be increased while not touching other objects rendering.

Thank you! :)

• Upvote 5

Type of improvement: Skin specific normal maps.

Explanation of proposal: Allow different skins to inherit different normal map effects.

Benefit: Increase the variability of skin effects that would specially benefit the tanks allowing the creation of zimmerit effect and regular texture on the tiger for example and beinga ble to use them without the need to restart the game.

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: GUI: skin selection

Explanation of proposal: In Paint scheme: add a column for Custom skins so that  both Official and Custom skins can be selected from the same drop-down menu.

Benefit: Easier selection of all skins.

Skin.jpg.2fc056b341f09a772dcabffeba180026.jpg

• Upvote 6

Type of improvements: Gameplay / Realism

Explanation: Increase the reactivity and efficiency of brakes.

Benefits: More realism. Make taxiing easier. 

Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Type of improvement: Controls

Explanation of proposal: Axis noise filters

Benefit: To reduce jumpy/jittery axis - will also prevent technical HUD messages constantly appearing.

JKQqdQH.gif

Edited by Valis
  • Upvote 10

Also can we get it to where like in ROF that it saves your loadouts so you don't have to screw with them every time you get on to fly?

~Beez

• Upvote 5

Type of improvement: Sound.

Explanation of proposals: Make the main menu audio volume also adjust the volume of playback of 3rd party sounds that are triggered by the MEDIA MCU.

Benefits: This would alleviate the current issue where in-game volume changes do not affect audio level of MEDIA MCU triggered content. 

Type of improvement: Graphics / Business model

Explanation: FC vol 1 will be on a high detail Arras map with about 20 planes. This is similar to the BoX business model. Continue this model with FC. Base future volumes on Great Battles with small 100 X 100 km maps, 10 planes ( 5 Entente - 5 Central ), 2 collector planes ( planes not seen in RoF ). Ex: Battle of Ypres, Verdun, Nancy, Lille, the Eastern front, The Italian front, etc.  

Benefits: Great looking maps. A pathway for continuous DLC.

Type of improvement

Collector's plane proposal

P-47D-22 as a collector's plane, with both 54" and 64" engine mods, and optional under wing bomb racks, 6" bazooka rockets. 

Benefits:

Incorporates a P-47 razorback version that is correct for Eastern Front Lend/Lease aircraft, suitable for any time period from mid/late 1943 (with 54") to end of war (with 64"), appropriate for most engagements that P-47 razor-backs were used it, without also claiming a version that was core to any one major campaign. 

Also, depending on the timeline, it could position the Il-2 GB series and the only modern combat flight sim with a razor-back P-47, for some time. 

Type of improvement

Controls

Able to designate which engine is "engine 1" and "engine 2", or swap engine 1 to the right and engine 2 to the left

Benefits:

Will allow not having to re-bind dual throttle HOTAS equipment that cannot be linked to the right and left engine, which would allow switching back to single engine planes without re-binding throttle and RPM axis. 

Currently, binding your right throttle to engine 1 (which has all of the bells and whistles) will control the left engine on a twin engine plane. It is the opposite for binding engine two to the left throttle, it will control the right engine. When switching back to a single engine plane your left throttle is what controls your planes throttle. Mine does not pair together as it is a custom build (GVL).

Edited by Field-Ops
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Field-Ops said:

Type of improvement

Controls

Able to designate which engine is "engine 1" and "engine 2", or swap engine 1 to the right and engine 2 to the left

Benefits:

Will allow not having to re-bind dual throttle HOTAS equipment that cannot be linked to the right and left engine, which would allow switching back to single engine planes without re-binding throttle and RPM axis. 

Currently, binding your right throttle to engine 1 (which has all of the bells and whistles) will control the left engine on a twin engine plane. It is the opposite for binding engine two to the left throttle, it will control the right engine. When switching back to a single engine plane your left throttle is what controls your planes throttle. Mine does not pair together as it is a custom build (GVL).

Could you please elaborate; I don't get it.

I own a TM Warthog with dual throttle and left slider is assigned to engine 1 and the right to engine 2.

This works quite well, except for the 3 engine Ju52.

Posted (edited)

TYPE OF IMPROVEMENT: allow third party views in multiplayer but only if engine is shutdown, either before start or after shutdown.

EXPLANATION OF PROPOSALS: as I understand the ability to view your aircraft from outside using F2, F3 or F4 commands is disabled in multiplayer. I don’t know if this is a server setting or universal. If the player could be allowed to use the F2, F3 or F4 command to view their aircraft from outside ONLY while the engine is shutdown it could enhance the user experience.

BENEFITS: One of the biggest draws to playing this game is the graphics. Looking at the aircraft and even the scenery is a thrill. And seeing the various configurations of loadout and paint skins it such a big part of the overall joy of playing. But the biggest enhancement would come when you are able to limp home with a damaged machine and then virtually climb out and see just how badly shot up your plane is. And you brought her back in one piece, almost. The DEVS have done such a great job with the graphics it is a shame to miss seeing this additional display of the art that is these marvelous representations of history.

Thanks for considering.

Edited by BSS_Saint
Correct spelling error and clarify type of improvement
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Sound

Explanation of proposals: Additional sound effects to emphasize the material stress on the airframe under heavy load.  

Benefits: Immersion! Just imagine the squeaking sound of bending metal or wood around you, when you pull hard on the stick.

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement:

An Official Teamspeak server for each popular MP server.

Currently this game severely lacking in co-ordination between players.   There are many individual TS & Discord servers but as the players are spread across them players are still not able to co-ordinate properly.  Larger squadrons use their own Teamspeak so never talk to anyone else and the reason is that you cannot have effective mission comms if you are sharing a channel with people on a different mission plus people discussing last nights television.

What we need is one big Teamspeak server subdivided into WoL, TAW, Finnish, KOTA etc then each of those are obviously divided into Red & Blue and each of those has 10 'Flight' or 'Mission' channels.  This allows non-squad players to stay in the main section and squadrons can take over one of the sub channels.  As we are using Teamspeak instead of Discord,  Squad players can set up whispers to allow them to talk to the main non-squad section and/or other squads and non-squad players can talk to any squad to co-ordinate.

If one huge server is not feasible then create a TS server for each major MP server and perhaps one 'catchall' TS server for those without their own.   You could probably find volunteers willing  to administer each TS server; especially as many MP servers are already paying for and administering their own but cannot afford to make them big enough to allow each squad a sub channel.

Perhaps also have a TS server to help people co-ordinate Co-Op use instead of having to write a Hyperlobby substitute.

Benefits:

Easier than creating the in-game comms system that everyone keeps asking for.    Allows full co-ordination and stops the fragmented comms we have currently.  Unlike the various unofficial Discord servers, it allows separate channels that can also talk to each other.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Graphical, Interior display - P39 artificial horizon always displays "caged"

Display "caged" should be removed from gauge when aircraft starts up...

Type of improvement: Multiplayer restart function

Explanation of proposals:  I've been on IL-2 BoX multiplayer servers for a  bit over a year now, flying and tanking.

The sound bug is, particularly when tanking, pervasive. Of course, fixing the sound bug itself should have higher priority. However, it's a well known bug, there have been quite a few releases since I joined, so I'm guessing it must be at least challenging, to fix it. I'm not holding breath.

Failing a comprehensive fix, I'd like to point our that the sound bug is more disruptive when tanking, than when flying. Often you embark on a mission of over half an hour, and when the sound bug strikes, in a tank, it's a death sentence. In a plane you might still be successful even with screwed-up audio.

Thus I propose a feature where a player could initiate a special type of application restart (restarting IL-2 is the only way to fix the sound bug), which would leave his vehicle (tank) sitting on the multiplayer map, motionless. This type of restart would reconnect you with the same multiplayer server, dropping the player back into the tank, where it was left (provided it hasnt been destroyed in the meantime).

Benefits: reduce multiplayer player frustration, mainly in TC.

Proposal:

Implement Nvidia Ansel.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel

Explanation and Benefits:

The possibilities for screenshots are incredible and include 61k output render and 360 VR output. Sharing these on multiple forums gives free publicity to the product, invites VR users to see what the the Sim looks like, makes it possible to print high quality pictures/posters to display on walls, open up a whole new world of creativity to players/users/artists all from within the software......and invites players to capture awesome images that will showcase the product to potential investors.

Examples of what is possible:

From 3 minute mark:

On 2/14/2019 at 6:05 PM, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Type of improvements: Gameplay / Realism

Explanation: Increase the reactivity and efficiency of brakes.

Benefits: More realism (and easier, by the way).

• Upvote 1

#1 suggestion

Type of improvement: Smart Scaling / improve contact spotting. Increase plane rendering to 20km.

Explanation of proposals: Define a minimum size of a dot that changes depending on different resolutions and monitor size. Add contrast to the LOD/dot so that contacts don't disappear in front of you (I've had a wingmen literary invisible less than 1km in front of me - sunset, we were flying away from the sun).

Benefits: Realistic spotting that simulates what 20/20 vision pilots see in real life. Increased range (20km) will be needed for Bodenplatte. 10km just won't cut it.

#2 suggestion

Type of improvement: Blank skins with in-game markings.

Explanation of proposals: Blank skins that could be used with different numbers and squadron designations in-game.

Benefits: Planes with same skins would no longer have identical fuselage numbers. Gives a lot more variety with skins and mission builders. The competition does it. So should IL-2: Great Battles series.

• Upvote 6

Type of improvement:  Friendly fire forgiveness option. 

Explanation of Proposal:   One of my online friends is unable to fly but, he does play as a gunner for bomber pilots.  Occasionally, he hits the plane he is gunning for whilst taking down enemies.  Some servers have very strict ban rules about this due to poor behavior of *some* players jumping into gunner seats and shooting their own plane.  Those servers insta-ban anybody that even hits with one bullet.  Needless to say, in the 'heat of combat' the likelihood of a gunner grazing his own plane is always present. 

I would like to see the pilot of the plane that was fired upon have an option to be asked if they would like to continue the ban once the server triggers one, or to forgive the offender and cancel the ban.  Sometimes accidents happen and all it takes is an apology to satisfy the offended party - not a server-preset ban timer of up to 1 day or more.

Benefits:  Prevents players who are at a higher risk of receiving "accidental" bans, such as gunners or new pilot who mis-identify a target, from being excessively banned due to such accidents.  Still allows the server to place ban penalties on bad actors whom the offended pilot is not willing to forgive.

1 hour ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

I would like to see the pilot of the plane that was fired upon have an option to be asked if they would like to continue the ban once the server triggers one

Is this really something the game developers need to write code to fix?   Is it not something you should talk to the server owner about?

The way I see it is that the game *correctly* notes that someone damaged a friendly.  That's all it does. It makes a note in a log and puts a message in the chat.   The problem comes when a server owner decides to use that data to ban someone.    I would say that if Bob gets banned for accidentally hitting Tom then Bob needs to contact Tom and ask him to send a message to the server admin confirming he is OK to get the ban lifted.  Alternatively (or maybe 'In Addition'),  the server owner might want to tweak his own scripts to not apply a ban unless someone has done more than a certain percentage of friendly damage to someone else.

Type of improvement: Graphics & gameplay.

Explanation of proposal: Include option for multi-layered clouds in QMB.

Benefit: Happiness.

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Using NDB 

Explanation of proposal: Adding 3 channel per side to NDBs. RIght now, Axis team is channel 1, Allied team is channel 2, and if there are more than one airfield on a mission, it is confusing wich NDB you are following. Please, make it like Axis team, channel 1,2,3 Allied team, channel 4,5,6 and players should be able to select channels.

Benefit: Being able to slect wich NDB(airfield) a player want to go for.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 2

On 3/1/2019 at 5:28 PM, boats said:

... And you brought her back in one piece, almost. The DEVS have done such a great job with the graphics it is a shame to miss seeing this additional display of the art that is these marvelous representations of history.

Thanks for considering.

I am not arguing against your proposal as I think it would be beneficial to allow an external view before engine-start so you can take a look at where you need to taxi.   In real life no pilot suddenly woke up in his cockpit on an unfamiliar airfield and had to guess where to go.   I just wanted to say though that if you have a strong desire to look at at your damaged aircraft after landing then record a track and you can change the view when replaying.

Type of improvement: Documentation

Explanation of proposal: An up-to-date game manual, explaining the various settings, interfaces, and game modes (for example, there are various settings and options in the career mode that people, after playing for months, were not aware of). The current manual is good but out of date, and is missing detailed information about many new features implemented since Battle of Kuban. The manual should be distributed as a PDF with the game download. Basic instructions for operation of each aircraft would be ideal but obviously this would be a LOT of work and might not be reasonable to expect. A guide to where to find additional information would be good as well.

Benefit: Much easier for beginners to get into the game, opens the game up more to people intimidated by the steep learning curve.

Posted (edited)

Type of improvement: Graphics settings, High clouds not correlated to preset

Explanation of proposal: Untie the cloud setting from the preset, allow users to choose which clouds they want no matter which one is selected, there's already a mod that allows this with one simple graphics config file. This allows us VR users to run the high clouds with the other balanced settings giving much better performance. Apparently it's extremely easy to do. 

Benefit: This allows us VR users to run the high clouds with the other balanced settings giving much better performance. Although we can do this now with a MOD we need to be able to do it without it to use online.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Type of improvement: Add keys to better align the point of view in VR. Up and down, left and right, forward and backwards.

Explanation of proposal: In some airplanes is uncomfortable and sometimes quite difficult to align the point of view in the center of the seat.

Right now the "button to centers you" aligns you with the gunsight and in VR it is not interessant.

Benefit: Easier and more precise way to place the player inside the cockpit.