Zak

Developer Diary, Part 71

Still, many more Ju-52 on the new english screen shot!!!! :)

What?

Can someone post the pic please?

No green light yet :)

Oh...well i would have to wait but i hope they will include the 190 they have promised us that it would come :) 1-2weeks they said 2weeks ago

Well I downloaded the image before it was removed.

I wonder what Zak will offer to keep me from posting it again ... ;)

Grinning here :)

I can't wait to fly the new trees, hahaha! Thanks for the update as always.

I wonder how setting custom radio beacon will work, is it premade list or can you manually set things up. If it's just a list with names it's going to be meh..

Can someone post the pic please?

Second screen of this topic, Air Bridge vignette. ;)

Guys, the screen with Ju-52 is not necessarily a gameplay image, just keep that in mind.

Also, since we had added La-5 to the store and silver Founders bought some of them, I think we should give La-5 to MP for this weekend. And we'll do that.

• Upvote 2

Hope the Ju-52 will make it in as an AI plane, despite what the developers said at an earlier time. Stalingrad would look weird without it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the news, Zak. Much appreciated :)

And nice to hear about the eventual appearance of the Ju-52, AI or otherwise, it's cannonfodder and that's what counts :biggrin:

Yes Zak the La-5 in multiplayer is good, I want to test it online, great news thank you guys!

Greeting Ballermann!

Thank you Thank you Thank you! :)

I only hope to see some love for the FW 190 in the next update. :happy:

Keep up the good work!

Instrument implements, great. Love the radio beacon inclusion. Adds perfect depth into expert mode.

La5 in MP. Good. Yak and Lav wings will be killer.

More scenery eye candy ? Sure ! Why not :)

The campaign screens keep us dreaming for what you guys are cooking. I expect a very saucy stew.

52 as buyable in the future !?  - ta da da daaaaaaaaam... would be nice huh ( pure speculative hopes )

Nice update.

Are the beacons easy working stuff, or is it with some kind of technical background.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

Nice update.

Are the beacons easy working stuff, or is it with some kind of technical background.

More details about radiuses and frequences of all sorts will be posted later. It should just work with nearest beacons in this new version.

Dear "Kamaraden", "Holzaugen", "Katschmareks" brave aviators!

I am mostly a "follower" in these discussions.

But today, how do u say....gettin' myself a bit irritated... .

What's this fuzz about the 190??

Well I' am waitin' for this bird myself, but, was rome build in day? would u like to present something half-ready to your friends, when u want it to be perfect?? do u never miss deadlines?? have plans crossed?? have unexpected probs??  I DO! and so do they! (go ask yourself ;) )

...and dont forget, they are russians!! :biggrin::lol::P

I bet most of you, wont even get this "wet sack" up in the air, the first couple of times! :biggrin:

And btw how often have the most of u, have been so closely involved in a simulation-development? For me it's the first time and a great experience, with or without this "allmighty" 190!

Have a nice WE

v.Greiff

• Upvote 2

I'm a bit baffled by the complete absence of any word on the 190 ( although of course the rest of the update far exceeds the addition of one plane ).

I wonder wether this means we are in for a huge surprise later today or that the public relation decision-making moves in misterious ways.  :ph34r:

It is an airplane, wings and a prop, and it is gonna have a spastic rudder like the 109.....  gee whiz beav, cant wait....

• Upvote 1

How unusual for Luftwaffe pilots to be whining, you already have air superiority but I guess just not enough of it!

Yep, that's the reason. I for one just can't do well enough in 109, so I am hoping that 190 will finaly make me an ace. Never mind that it's one of the iconic aircraft of the era and also like Winger pointed, there are basically 2 LW types to fly and 5 VVS. :negative:

Good update anyways. Nice to get those instuments finally working, also looking forward to single player content. :thank_you:

Guys, the screen with Ju-52 is not necessarily a gameplay image, just keep that in mind.

We do have it in mind, but this pic is quite confusing: why showing a plane that's not ingame? You could have shown He-111 instead...

Really hope we get her as static object at release, and flyable later on... :cool:

Cheers,

Edited by PA-Sniv

fixed loop radio compasses are now working on Pe-2, Ju-87 and He-111

Did I miss something? And I'd still prefer to vulch with the FW than with a Stuka :biggrin:

At least the "2-3 weeks" are over, yet the 190 isn't ready, which is sad.

It is an airplane, wings and a prop, and it is gonna have a spastic rudder like the 109.....  gee whiz beav, cant wait....

:lol:

Now, this being laughed, I am really looking fwd to check the physics of the VSI and AH.... and the Turn&Slip too!!!!  Only the ball is working, but the inclinometer will be useful too!

Edited by jcomm

Complaining about no 190 and the LW only having two 109s... just like the real Stalingrad. But if the VVS were to get a P39 in place of the LaGG-3, up with the pitchforks!

• Upvote 2

Interesting animation, Zak.

Am I right in assuming that you used motion capture on a real person as a starting point? It looks very convincing.

• Upvote 1

All good stuff - looking forward to a little flying this weekend.

Thanks Zak.

Looks great. Im glad the LA will be in MP, but the love of Pete. Leave it in MP. This weekend only stuff is garbage. And at least some words on the 190. If it is not to be in this update. If it IS going in. Than i will take your silence as affirmation. Hehe.

• Upvote 1

He 111 it is then

http://instagram.com/p/qUFy5ky6e4/

Sorry to disappoint you Zak,

but this small litle video with the animation was better than the whole dev diary... :D

Im a little bit disappointed by myself but, well atleast progress is made. Anyway, I would love to see more stuff, even if it is NOT polished/finished for release. Its always better to have some appetizer than nothing at all. :D

Also, since we had added La-5 to the store and silver Founders bought some of them, I think we should give La-5 to MP for this weekend. And we'll do that.

I really hope you guys consider having it in the game at least as AI. Your commitment to realistic scenarios is basically mandating it.

• Upvote 1

Nice small add/fixes (IMO- Better than some 190 pic's :biggrin: ). :good:

What is this: "Turnkey needle" ? :huh:

Sokol1

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

With the separation of rocket and bombs into two commands, will that mean that the input commands will be wiped and we'll have to re-map?

Complaining about no 190 and the LW only having two 109s... just like the real Stalingrad. But if the VVS were to get a P39 in place of the LaGG-3, up with the pitchforks!

I fly Luftwaffe all the time....so I lean that way, but I have to agree with you FM on this one.

I don't think that asking nicely when the 190 is ready after a few weeks of waiting is complaining.

A map is being created where afaik historical fights between la5 and fw 190 took place. 

You can get a La-7 for all i care. Maybe than you will not complain as much about the kids in 109 that keep shooting you down.