Zak

Developer Diary, Part 71

Hi Everybody!

Today’s update should be released as planned - it’s full of great new features and we want to deliver them to you as soon as we can. As you know from the previous dev diary we’re adding Campaign mode technology into the game. It does not mean that you or us are able to play this mode now, at this stage of early access. But it means that a huge volume of content and lots of gameplay algorithms are being merged with the project. It was only a couple of days ago when VikS’ screen looked like that.

DSC_0158.JPG

Almost one hundred airfields on the map. Each of them has its combat history, each of them is known for squadrons based on them - and all of them will play active roles in the campaign. When it’s ready the briefing screen will change a lot. And this is how one of the campaign starting screens will look like - you’ll see your progress in the current stage of the battle.

il2bos_AQM_TC_start_screen_EN.png

As you can see the game is still being developed in your virtual presence, and you’re the main tasters of our sim cuisine. :)

And since the campaign is still being cooked, I’m going to tell you want we’ll be serving tonight.

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 1

No 190?

Or screenshots?

Good to see the rest coming along.

I love the fact that single player is coming along and that the terrain is being worked on.

Radio compass is is a wonderful feature. And the working cockpit instruments as well.

Thanks devs

Edited by Bando

A lot of nice features to be added - many like the VSI indicator we've waited a long time. Look forward to checking out the new trees.

Though I know some people won't be happy ... :( ...FW-190...

Thanks for the update!

Hope we'll get advanced armament commands tonight (fuze, salvo,...)!

And nice Ju-52! Does it mean we'll have her in game? ;)

Edited by PA-Sniv

I'm gonna have to take some time away from flying RoF to have a fly around in the snow of Stalingrad tonight.

Great work again guys

Hoping for a SYN server running BoS soon

Nothing on the 190? Really? What about it?

VERY disappointed indeed!

Edited by VSG1_Winger

Thanks for the update Zak... Things are moving right a long..

Im so sad, going away for fishing and sunbathing this weekend, no flying for me. :(;):biggrin::cool:

Great news to see the progress. Guess we have to wait for more planes.

(*hint* He-111)

Nothing on the 190? Really? What about it?

VERY disappointed indeed!

How unusual for Luftwaffe pilots to be whining, you already have air superiority but I guess just not enough of it!

• Upvote 6

This is looking better all the time.

Very pleased about the instruments, and the new foliage, and great that the SP campaign is coming along.

oh -- and the Stuka siren.

Worth the wait. Thanks devs.

How unusual for Luftwaffe pilots to be whining, you already have air superiority but I guess just not enough of it!

What do you want to achieve with that post? Sorry. Gotta start this with yourself - troll!:)

• Upvote 1

ok where is the Ju52? Is it that pic in the second campaign shot with the burning T34?

Thought the aircraft were Heinkels?

Edited by kendo

I am happy for the update and all, but seriously no 190?... 

Edit: No news, no screenshots??? Not very nice :( 

Edited by Bullets

Great news.... ....for you guys anyway.

I'm still stranded on this bleak coast with no rescue in sight and reduced to sipping pink cocktails under a baking sun(well, as baking as it gets in Denmark)

post-13181-0-02687900-1405084413_thumb.jpg

Truly great news about the new vegetation, working gauges (yay!), radio navigation (double yay!) and advanced ordinance release controls. Though you should propably have adressed the He 111 or the Fw 190 for the sake of impatient playes who are hungry for Luftwaffles.

Check your hanger after the update. Maybe there will be a surprise 190 snuck in there?

Great screenshots.  I've got high hopes for the campaign.  I do believe I see a Ju-52 there too!

Me too.

On the 3rd image of the campaign starting screens there is definately a Ju-52.

Would be odd to start that stage of the campaign and... there is no Ju-52.

As they promised only to deliver flyable planes would it mean that it will be included?

Looking good. Thanks for the update. Working gauges, separate keys for bombs & rockets all the work on the SP campaign is reassuring too. The new trees & bushes should improve the already impressive landscape even more.

Nice work guys :salute:

Love you guys!!!!!  This is all that comes to my mind.... and right tonight that I'll be away from my simming PC :-(

The siren siren siren!! on Stuka is finally ready to sing.

:good: Yes, this is definetly great news! Can't wait to try this lovely detail out ingame (I don't mind performace decrease)!

It's too bad that the 190 isn't done yet (as I expected it), but I'm confident it will be worth the waiting and exitement.

Good to see some cockpit imrovements going on for current aircrafts  :)

Great news.... ....for you guys anyway.

I'm still stranded on this bleak coast with no rescue in sight and reduced to sipping pink cocktails under a baking sun(well, as baking as it gets in Denmark)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Truly great news about the new vegetation, working gauges (yay!), radio navigation (double yay!) and advanced ordinance release controls. Though you should propably have adressed the He 111 or the Fw 190 for the sake of impatient playes who are hungry for Luftwaffles.

Impatient. Agreed. Just its a little pale planewise on the german side.

One plane in 2 variants (one of wich is practically useless but thats not the topic here and also just IMHO) and one divebomber on german side versus 4 fully diffrent planes on the russian side.

Well, i guess one could say "just fly the other side. there you have diffrent planes to fly". And it would be right - But still...:)

Thnx for update. Still nothing about Fw-190...

Brave-86870.gif

..but new trees and bushes looks awesome!

Brave-86904.gif

Edited by II./JG1_Baron

Just wow  :lol: .

That's why you think i want the 190 ? 

post-7693-0-11859500-1405083283.jpg

This Screenshot remember me the times where I started to play the IL-2 Series.

It will come Winger. The day you're wating for isn't too far into the future. The devs are just holding back the Würger until I get home ;)

Well, the Ju-52 on the third slot almost looks like an ingame model, so combined with the fact that we got no Fw-190 news, i'm assuming the Fw-190 got replaced by the Ju-52. :P

Thanks for the nice update.

EDIT: Actually, i think the screenshot with the Ju-52 has been replaced. Might've been a leak. :lol:

Edited by Matt

Maybe that explains about the Ju-52 - when people started talking about the THIRD campaign pic....but there are only two pics...?

Was starting to think it was all some kind of joke...

Edited by kendo

EDIT: Actually, i think the screenshot with the Ju-52 has been replaced. Might've been a leak

Still, many more Ju-52 on the new english screen shot!!!! :)

Edited by PA-Sniv

I am a little disappointed the 190 isn't in. I was really looking forwards to having that and the La-5 in MP. But that's the way it goes soemtimes. The screenshot of the campaign mode is interesting. Is it going to be a RoF style career where you pick your squadron and progress with it or do you actually choose whatever mission you want from any squad that particular day? If the latter, that's a very strange setup. Would it track pilot progress and have the usual medals and promotions? Those wouldn't really make sense if you didn't take the place of a fictional pilot in a squad and instead were some sort of demon possessing the bodies of various people at different times. Queue creepy music.

Well, the Ju-52 on the third slot almost looks like an ingame model, so combined with the fact that we got no Fw-190 news, i'm assuming the Fw-190 got replaced by the Ju-52:

Would that was true. I would be so happy :)