Weapons Mod

QB.Rails

pocketshaver

cant we edit the actual game file so that when you pick a plane, it loads a different set of amunition files?

meaning cant one make it load the Russian 25mm ammo file when you choose a P40 with 4,000 rounds of .303?

QB.Rails
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pocketshaver said:

cant we edit the actual game file so that when you pick a plane, it loads a different set of amunition files?

meaning cant one make it load the Russian 25mm ammo file when you choose a P40 with 4,000 rounds of .303?

yes you can do this if you have the unGTP tool to an extent. There are some files the devs have locked to where if you edit them the game will crash every time. The P-40 with 4,000 rounds of 303's in not possible because this would change the aircraft files which the devs have locked. but you can make the 50's in the p-40 shoot 25mm HE if you  wanted to. That is not to hard to do.

Edited by QB.Rails
  • Haha 1

JG_deserteagle540

@QB.Rails

Thank you very much for this mod. Great work!

I have one request: could you please upload the original ballistics & effects files of the Allied and Axis weapons (game version 4.5) please?

I would like to compare the original with the modified files.

QB.Rails
2 minutes ago, JG_deserteagle540 said:

@QB.Rails

Thank you very much for this mod. Great work!

I have one request: could you please upload the original ballistics & effects files of the Allied and Axis weapons (game version 4.5) please?

I would like to compare the original with the modified files.

Will do. I’ve been busy lately and it might be a bit till I can get to it. 

• Thanks 1

JG_deserteagle540

Thank you very much! Appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

Mike2945

Hi QB.Rails,

Can you please confirm that the 'Weapons Mod & Tracer Mod'  version includes all 4 following MODs:

1. Adjustments to M2 effectiveness 

2. Adjustments to other MG calibre weapons' effectiveness

3. The M2 dispersion MOD and 

4 The multi-coloured tracer MOD

or have I got confused along the way?

Mike

QB.Rails
5 hours ago, Mike2945 said:

Hi QB.Rails,

Can you please confirm that the 'Weapons Mod & Tracer Mod'  version includes all 4 following MODs:

1. Adjustments to M2 effectiveness 

2. Adjustments to other MG calibre weapons' effectiveness

3. The M2 dispersion MOD and 

4 The multi-coloured tracer MOD

or have I got confused along the way?

Mike

that mod does include everything listed. Including adjustments to cannons on aircraft and bombs. Are you having trouble?

Mike2945

Hi

Thank you for your quick response - I just didn't want to miss out on any parts of this very good Mod!

However, lo and behold, I now DO have a problem with the Mod.  Whilst playing Jade Monkey's new SP campaign 'The Fall of Velikie Luki', in the 2nd mission the Hurricane is equipped with 2 x FAB 100M Russian bombs.  When I tried dropping them the game crashed with the error message: graphics\effects\arm\hit_shell_he_25-50kg_object.hpl.

I tried a QMB with the same loadout and had the same result.  I then uninstalled the Mod and the problem disappeared - the bombs dropped and exploded normally with the game running OK  It wasn't until your reply that I realised the Mod altered bomb effects as well as MG/cannon, so is it possible you inadvertently omitted this particular bomb from the Mod when adjusting the effects?

Mike

• Thanks 1

QB.Rails

I’ll look into it today. Thanks for the feedback. Anyway you can show me a screenshot of the message so I know what to look for. I have a vague idea of the problem. 

[808_BOB]_Dafak-man

I can confirm this happens with all bombs in IL-2. 

One example:

image.png.380ecc3d2a96a0cd59492ca744420158.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

QB.Rails

Interesting. I might just have to update the mod to be compatible with 4.6. That error looks like a graphic error. 

[808_BOB]_Dafak-man
3 hours ago, QB.Rails said:

Interesting. I might just have to update the mod to be compatible with 4.6. That error looks like a graphic error. 

Yes, me and a friend run a couple of tests yesterday. With the weapons mod and with the weapons + tracers mod. Both give the same error when any sort of bomb detonates. Without any of these mods, there are no errors.

• Thanks 1

Stonehouse

There was a review of bomb effects in the patch and it seems to have shifted the names of the epl files a bit so on some the range of size has got bigger or smaller.  ie so an effect that changed might now be associated with more or less bomb types but generally has meant a slight shuffling of what effect file is referred to by certain weapons.

Edited by No457_Stonehouse
  • Thanks 1

QB.Rails

I think I solved this problem. Ran some tests and haven't had issues. Look for an updated version hopefully by Friday. Lot of files to port over.

QB.Rails

Updated files. Noticed the M2 was using the stock effects file and not the modded one. This is the only change.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Siegfried-Schutz

Is this modification still working? Does it change the damage value of Russian 12.7 Shkas and 20 Shvak?

QB.Rails

Yes it’s still working. Everything in it has been adjusted. And feedback on performance is welcomed. 

Siegfried-Schutz

For me, the ballistics are really weird. I aim like before and hit less, but maybe it's just me...

QB.Rails

What are you using? Is it just more rounds are required to down an aircraft? Or the bullets doing weird things?

Siegfried-Schutz
Posted (edited)

I am using the thrustmaster t16000m joystick LagG-3 fighter, my guess is that I need more bullets to down an aircraft. The bullets seem to wound an aircraft more than doing a critical damage to the aircraft body.

Edited by Siegfried-Schutz
Misunderstanding

Mtnbiker1998
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Siegfried-Schutz said:

I am using the thrustmaster t16000m joystick LagG-3 fighter, my guess is that I need more bullets to down an aircraft. The bullets seem to wound an aircraft more than doing a critical damage to the aircraft body.

The HE rounds are toned down in this mod, so the soviet and German planes should feel less powerful. imo this feels better. 

I actually tweaked the mod to remove the more powerful AP and bombs, I find that having toned down HE and keeping everything else vanilla has a pretty good feel to it, especially paired with the .50 cal dispersion mod

Edited by Mtnbiker1998

QB.Rails
Posted (edited)

The HE rounds are toned down in this mod, so the soviet and German planes should feel less powerful. imo this feels better. 
What he said. 

Edited by QB.Rails

Siegfried-Schutz

Alright, I probably should read the description before.. Still a nice modification, requires more patience and skill to take down a plane.

QB.Rails
23 hours ago, Siegfried-Schutz said:

Alright, I probably should read the description before.. Still a nice modification, requires more patience and skill to take down a plane.

Any suggestions?

Siegfried-Schutz
On 6/2/2021 at 8:16 PM, QB.Rails said:

Any suggestions?

Honestly said, I would let the damage of 12.7 Shkas let stay as it was, 20MM Shvak a little bit more HE damage, 20MM mg/FF a litte powerfull with bad velocity, and do the Browning rounds even more incendiary.

12.7 Shkas has been a good MG and Shvak cannons hasn't been good because of its velocity, but in other things it was powerfull enough.

Siegfried-Schutz
On 6/2/2021 at 8:16 PM, QB.Rails said:

Any suggestions?

So, I've been testing this mod and came to test the 37mm gun on LagG. And there uppears this kind of error. In files I couldn't find any figures of 600......

Error.png

QB.Rails
Posted (edited)

Just tested. I have no issues. @Siegfried-SchutzCan you please send me the files you have, so I can see? I think you might just have a bad download. Which file did you download?

Edited by QB.Rails

Siegfried-Schutz
18 hours ago, QB.Rails said:

Just tested. I have no issues. @Siegfried-SchutzCan you please send me the files you have, so I can see? I think you might just have a bad download. Which file did you download?

The Weapons Mod plus 4.5 objects

QB.Rails
3 hours ago, Siegfried-Schutz said:

The Weapons Mod plus 4.5 objects

what do you mean 4.5 objects? There might be something in there that is conflicting the two?

Siegfried-Schutz
3 hours ago, QB.Rails said:

what do you mean 4.5 objects? There might be something in there that is conflicting the two?

I've meant the 4.5 worldobjects.zip 4.26 MB · 26 downloads  file. But the problem is solved after I've downloaded the mod once again. Thanks anyway.

But I still would like to know how the damage is being counted. If you could give me any link, it would be great.

QB.Rails
2 hours ago, Siegfried-Schutz said:

I've meant the 4.5 worldobjects.zip 4.26 MB · 26 downloads  file. But the problem is solved after I've downloaded the mod once again. Thanks anyway.

But I still would like to know how the damage is being counted. If you could give me any link, it would be great.

I'm not sure what you mean by being counted? The game computes how the ballistics is done. All I've tweaked are values to the effects files change the shockwave and shrapnel damage. The only ballistics I've changed values on is the 12.7x99 round. I've upped it's mass and velocity and changed it's kinetic damage values respectively. The only other thing different in the ballistics files is for the tracer mod but that is it.

Siegfried-Schutz
6 minutes ago, QB.Rails said:

I'm not sure what you mean by being counted? The game computes how the ballistics is done. All I've tweaked are values to the effects files change the shockwave and shrapnel damage. The only ballistics I've changed values on is the 12.7x99 round. I've upped it's mass and velocity and changed it's kinetic damage values respectively. The only other thing different in the ballistics files is for the tracer mod but that is it.

Ah, that simple. I just thought that there is complex calculation (distance, mass, velocity, etc.)....

QB.Rails
2 hours ago, Siegfried-Schutz said:

Ah, that simple. I just thought that there is complex calculation (distance, mass, velocity, etc.)....

haha no. I'm not that smart. I'm just jumping on the backs of devs and adjusting values.

• 3 weeks later...
-332FG-drewm3i-VR

This mod is causing error messages in scripted campaigns with weapons files attempting to load. Not sure what is going on, but I was getting an error message about a 600kg bomb in the "Achtung Spitfire!" campaign last night during the battle at the frontline.

QB.Rails

I’ll take a look see. I haven’t updated it since the latest patch. Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

-332FG-drewm3i-VR
4 hours ago, QB.Rails said:

I’ll take a look see. I haven’t updated it since the latest patch. Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

I will try to duplicate the error.