Simple tool to check your six

J2_NobiWan

13 minutes ago, Blackbirdkevini1963 said:

I reinstalled steam VR (Latest SteamVR beta 1.15.16) and OpenVR adv.

I am running vrnecksafer and it doesnt give an error message on running but buttons on my virpil do not give any head rotation.

I have mapped buttons on throttle hi-hat L/R buttons 11 and 13 which are working ok in virpil config software

I thought I could try just a simple map to keyboard to eliminate any joystick mapping issues but cannot see any keyboard maps for left/right button on your software

I am mystified where to go now ????

Screenshot 2020-12-29 162753.png

There are no keyboard options for this.

Just now, Blackbirdkevini1963 said:

I reinstalled steam VR (Latest SteamVR beta 1.15.16) and OpenVR adv.

I am running vrnecksafer and it doesnt give an error message on running but buttons on my virpil do not give any head rotation.

I have mapped buttons on throttle hi-hat L/R buttons 11 and 13 which are working ok in virpil config software

I thought I could try just a simple map to keyboard to eliminate any joystick mapping issues but cannot see any keyboard maps for left/right button on your software

Screenshot 2020-12-29 162753.png

When you are outside the game or steamvr do you see the (0 deg) changing when you push the joystick buttons? It's right next to the program window name. 

1 hour ago, Blackbirdkevini1963 said:

I reinstalled steam VR (1.15.16) and OpenVR adv.

I use an HP Reverb G2 and RTX3090 card

I am running vrnecksafer  1.4 and it doesnt give an error message on running now but buttons on my virpil do not give any head rotation.

Will the utility work in the il2 hanger as then its a bit quicker to test

I selected autorotate and it works really well. Better I think than a button press in any case.

I think it must therefore be something wrong with buttons and mapping with my virpil.

Anyone else tried it with a CM50v3 on a hihat??

VRNeckSafer works in the il2 hanger.

I would recommend to use the "vkb button tester" to identify the correct button numbers:

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=4609

18 hours ago, TX-Zigrat said:

1) How can I donate a little $$ to thank you for your awesome effort?

2) Is it possible to make it work with other sims as well?

1) Really no need for donations. You could consider preordering FC2 and help making it a success. 🙂

2) Working on it...

start steamvr first , second  il 2 and then the  necksafer ..and let us know what you find 

Edited by GER_GD

15[Span.]/JG51Costa

Thank you very much J2_NobiWan!
This is a really great, big, big, little tool.
The necks of people 50+ years have to be thankfull to you!

Saludos.
15(Span.)/JG51Costa.

SCG_redcloud111

I have been using this for the past few days to test stability. I am using basic incremental snap turning to 90 degrees, then another snap to check six. This works flawlessly. I now prefer it, and will use it, over the hydra solution because it is easier to launch and maintain (in terms of steps required to work). Great job!

=FF4H=Blackbird71

I figured out the virpil throttle activation settings as you need to use the 'logic' button POV ones at the bottom of the lists if you want to map to hihats.

So the front right hand hihat on the throttle is POV3L and POV3R

I have experienced a few crashes out of il2 since I installed it with OK/continue small dialog boxes popping up and then il2 freezing. The look of the errors seem similar to the VRnecksafer GUI but I will post them if/when I next see them.

Now people have used it a while what settings do you find work best for you?

Great work NobiWan

53 minutes ago, Blackbirdkevini1963 said:

I figured out the virpil throttle activation settings as you need to use the 'logic' button POV ones at the bottom of the lists if you want to map to hihats.

So the front right hand hihat on the throttle is POV3L and POV3R

I have experienced a few crashes out of il2 since I installed it with OK/continue small dialog boxes popping up and then il2 freezing. The look of the errors seem similar to the VRnecksafer GUI but I will post them if/when I next see them.

Now people have used it a while what settings do you find work best for you?

Great work NobiWan

I think I'm now on v1.3 and auto-rotate is now working 100%. :)

I got to give the vr necksafer a try on Sunday during the Furball At The Flugpark. The result was transformative. I went from a half-blind clod in a camel to an almost-ace in moments. The improvement in situational awareness is incredible. I'm still tweaking settings on the auto-rotate mode, but it's very intuitive. Here is an example, for folks who want to see what it does:

I tried rotating 45 degrees, but that was too much and it caused me to lose track of targets. 30 degrees seems about right. It does still jump though, which can cause problems when I'm tracking targets at a distance. I wish it could have a smooth transition like the response curves that TrackIR uses. Once you're in the dogfight though, it is very intuitive and easy to use. Huge thumbs up from me.

PS: I think you're in this video somewhere, @J2_NobiWan

Edited by kotori87
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I went from a half-blind clod in a camel to an almost-ace in moments.

Lol! What have I done...! 😱😄
Looks like you need my skin though... it's in the newest J2 skinpack.

Edited by J2_NobiWan

Operatsiya_Ivy

Would it be possible to have the same rotation functions seperated? i.e. i am using the snap function with auto rotate but it would be great if i could use buttons as well with seperate rotation values.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Would it be possible to have the same rotation functions seperated? i.e. i am using the snap function with auto rotate but it would be great if i could use buttons as well with seperate rotation values.

Good idea, never thought about that! Will implement soon...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

29.12.2020 в 19:31, Blackbirdkevini1963 сказал:

I reinstalled steam VR (1.15.16) and OpenVR adv.

OpenVR adv. no need.Not run this!!! she interferes with J2_NobiWan program

=FF4H=Blackbird71

Here is the error message I keep getting which crashes IL2

I am not using the rotation at the time and it just pops up randomly.

I have not removed any 'device'

I am using with HP Reverb G2 and all latest drivers

Screenshot 2020-12-31 161257.png

3 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Just updated first post with v1.5 🙂

1 hour ago, Blackbirdkevini1963 said:

Here is the error message I keep getting which crashes IL2

I am not using the rotation at the time and it just pops up randomly.

I have not removed any 'device'

I am using with HP Reverb G2 and all latest drivers

Can't tell you much about this, but I doubt it's VRNeckSafer related. Quick search in the forum shows that others have experienced that error too. It might be related to both GPU driver & graphics options... Google shows even more occurences and some possible solutions.

Edited by J2_NobiWan
  • Thanks 4

vrFlyer3

Thank you for your excellent work @J2_NobiWan!!!

Been looking at the code, and I think the issues some of us are seeing with vertical (Y) offsets, particularly on the Valve Index, is that we (I) are using the "Seated" room setup option with SteamVR (ie not enough space to setup "Full Stand Room" config).

The calls to get the Pose information are based on Standing enums/methods: ETrackingUniverseOrigin.TrackingUniverseStanding  vs .TrackingUniverseSeated) and .SetWorkingStandingZeroPoseToRawTrackingPose() vs .SetWorkingSeatedZeroPoseToRawTrackingPose().

I tried swapping out the routines with a local branch, but I think the reported matrix pose calculations would need further tweaking (ie... just swapping out these values resulted in no actual yaw offset being applied).

Would it be possible in a future version to provide a radio button in the UI to choose Standing or Seated and then of course all the matrix/math wizardry to accompany it?

Charlo-VR

I use CH Control Manager to map my CH devices into two devices so I can use some scripting. Unfortunately, I can't determine the buttons to enter into for left, right, or HMD yaw calibration. The mapped buttons send the keystrokes I programmed, but it appears I have to manually enter into VRNeckSafer the actual button numbers for those three buttons. Can anyone recommend how I can determine the button numbers on a mapped CH device?

My Google-fu is failing me on finding a solution

7 часов назад, Charlo-VR сказал:

Я использую CH Control Manager для сопоставления моих устройств CH на два устройства, чтобы я мог использовать некоторые сценарии. К сожалению, я не могу определить кнопки для ввода влево, вправо или калибровки рыскания HMD. Назначенные кнопки отправляют нажатия клавиш, которые я запрограммировал, но, похоже, мне нужно вручную ввести в VRNeckSafer фактические номера кнопок для этих трех кнопок. Может ли кто-нибудь порекомендовать, как я могу определить номера кнопок на подключенном устройстве CH?

Мой гугл-фу не дает мне найти решение

JoyToKey_en.rar

J2_NobiWan
7 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

I use CH Control Manager to map my CH devices into two devices so I can use some scripting. Unfortunately, I can't determine the buttons to enter into for left, right, or HMD yaw calibration. The mapped buttons send the keystrokes I programmed, but it appears I have to manually enter into VRNeckSafer the actual button numbers for those three buttons. Can anyone recommend how I can determine the button numbers on a mapped CH device?

My Google-fu is failing me on finding a solution

I would recommend to use the "vkb button tester" to identify the correct button numbers:

J2_NobiWan
12 hours ago, vrFlyer3 said:

Thank you for your excellent work @J2_NobiWan!!!

Been looking at the code, and I think the issues some of us are seeing with vertical (Y) offsets, particularly on the Valve Index, is that we (I) are using the "Seated" room setup option with SteamVR (ie not enough space to setup "Full Stand Room" config).

The calls to get the Pose information are based on Standing enums/methods: ETrackingUniverseOrigin.TrackingUniverseStanding  vs .TrackingUniverseSeated) and .SetWorkingStandingZeroPoseToRawTrackingPose() vs .SetWorkingSeatedZeroPoseToRawTrackingPose().

I tried swapping out the routines with a local branch, but I think the reported matrix pose calculations would need further tweaking (ie... just swapping out these values resulted in no actual yaw offset being applied).

Would it be possible in a future version to provide a radio button in the UI to choose Standing or Seated and then of course all the matrix/math wizardry to accompany it?

Thanks for your input vrFlyer3.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that there are still issues with the Index. But it makes sense that something like this might happen in seated mode. I'm currently working on making the app compatible to other sims and struggling with this exact issue there. Once that is solved there is hope that it will work on your Index in seated mode too.

SCG_redcloud111

I am really liking the auto rotate function. I am using it with your default setting so that when I turn my head 90 degrees I get the full 180 snap. That is a nice touch. Great work.

SCG_Jordi

Man, you are a genius! The money I save with physical therapist will be for my next VR!

Thanks really, this tool helps a lot

Charlo-VR
8 hours ago, J2_NobiWan said:

Thanks for the suggestion, which I saw you recommended to someone else earlier in this thread. Unfortunately, that won't recognize my CH devices in mapped mode. @Hola also recommended JoyToKey, but that also does not reveal the actual buttons when in CH mapped mode.

I suspect that CH mapped mode doesn't actually use buttons, but instead sends commands directly - so I may need to come up with a workaround that is compatible with my CH mapped usage.

Charlo-VR

@J2_NobiWan I figured it out for CH mapped devices, and I'll share my solution here for others who use CH Control Manager.

In CH Control Panel, in my case on my Pro Throttle, I changed Hat 1 Right [B6] by checking the "DX Mode" box, then under Normal Action I changed the DirectX Device to "CM Device 3" (so CH will create a CM Device 3 in addition to the CM Devices 1 and 2 that mapped mode generates), and changed DirectX Control to "Button 6".

I did the same for Hat 1 Left [B8] , though for that one changed its DirectX Control to "Button 8". I saved and then downloaded the map into my controllers, which put them into mapped mode, as usual.

Then in VRNeckSafer.exe under Joystick I chose "Control Manager Device 3" and set the Left button to "But: 8" and the Right button to "But: 6". In my case I leave the reset button set to "none" since I already have a button in my mapped devices that recenters my VR view.

Now I'm retraining my muscle memory to use those buttons, and it's really very helpful - thank you so much for this software!   :salute:

Windows Defender really does think this thing contains a virus. Neither Edge nor Firefox want to let me keep the file, and if I grab it using secure copy from a Linux box, Windows quarantines it immediately. This isn't the kind of action Windows would take for a 'normal' executable, and it doesn't get pissy if I compile it myself. I'm not sure what's going on here -- maybe something with the .NET tool you're using to combine DLLs into a .exe ?

Edit: Rotation seems to work great for me now, though. Valve Index, seated setup, manual 30 degree rotation. Thanks for the great work on this tool!

Edited by Alonzo

31.12.2020 в 19:17, Blackbirdkevini1963 сказал:

Here is the error message

try to decrease Power Limit to 95%

1.png.985166a1520a905cdd4247a56b8bf378.png

58 минут назад, Alonzo сказал:

Windows Defender really does think this thing contains a virus

Just run this !!!

Rubilnik.zip

• Upvote 1

ACG_PanzerV

@J2_NobiWan thanks a ton for this!  I was using the previous layered approach with Driver4VR, Joy2Key, etc... and was not able to get it to work after shifting IL2 to a new rig.  This nails it - I'm on SteamVR with a Gladiator NXT and this is pretty much flawless.  I want to play with it some more to get it really dialed in, but it is worlds better than the previous workaround (no offense, and thanks for all the help on that Lefuneste!).

To all who call it a "cheat".  This add-on is no more a cheat than is TrackIR, and even with it active, you don't have the same level of view flexibility as with Track IR.  If you are a realism nut, I get it.  But until everyone has a Pimax 15K, you cannot accurately simulate peripheral vision, or the ability to crank your eyeballs a couple dozen degrees further around than your neck!  This is a simulation, not IRL.  I wanted to upgrade to VR for immersion - I did NOT want to give up all of the ACM capability I was gradually building up in TrackIR because I literally CANNOT turn my VR headset 180 degrees around and still hang onto my controls just to see what a quick twitch to the left lets me see in TrackIR.  And no, I don't intend to build my own cockpit to compensate.  The word 'cheat' has some pretty strong connotations - fightin' words, where I grew up.  How about we just thank Nobi and call this an "immersion accessibility tool," and leave it at that?  Anything that lets more people, fly more effectively and have more fun has got to be a good thing.  More people will get into our sim, 1C will stay afloat and make more content, and we will all get to enjoy it even more!  Thanks again!

• Upvote 2

102.R.dd_Blade18

Unzipping Rubilnik.zip poppes up an app with cyrillic letters. What is it, and what to do with it?

Thanks

J2_NobiWan

Updated first post.

Added a link to a zip file with seperate exe and dlls.

The version is the same as the standalone.

If you are experiencing those annoying false av alerts with the standalone exe try this version...

• Like 1

72AG_kalter

I can't get it to work. :( No problem with the protector, the program starts, the buttons are assigned. But in the centered SteamVR space, after the first press of the L\R buttons, the center moves hard to the base station and no forced alignment saves. The rotation works, but there is no rotation when launching the IL-2. Any thoughts?  Vive Pro headset.

J2_NobiWan
1 hour ago, 72AG_kalter said:

I can't get it to work. :( No problem with the protector, the program starts, the buttons are assigned. But in the centered SteamVR space, after the first press of the L\R buttons, the center moves hard to the base station and no forced alignment saves. The rotation works, but there is no rotation when launching the IL-2. Any thoughts?  Vive Pro headset.

If you are in seated mode try switching to standing/roomscale...

72AG_kalter
6 часов назад, J2_NobiWan сказал:

Если вы находитесь в режиме сидя, попробуйте переключиться в режим стоя / масштабирование по комнате ...

I went through all the SteamVR settings, but couldn't find how to do it. Can you please tell me what to do? 

J2_NobiWan
On 1/4/2021 at 8:33 PM, 72AG_kalter said:

I went through all the SteamVR settings, but couldn't find how to do it. Can you please tell me what to do? 

Hi 72AG_kalter, sorry, can't help you here. Don't own a Vive Pro and don't know how to switch gaming mode on that goggle...

Charlo-VR
On 1/4/2021 at 11:33 AM, 72AG_kalter said:

The seated mode vs. standing or roomscale or boundary setting is probably an option in your Windows Mixed Reality (WMR) settings, so not in SteamVR settings.

• SYN_Haashashin pinned this topic