ATAG_Pattle

Multi-layered skin templates

Hi all,

Many people have asked us is we could supply multi layered skin templates

Thanks to TFS's Major Setback, the first multi-layered skin templates have now been added to the ATAG forum's download section!

Our first batch of templates are for:

- Spitfire
- Hurricane
- D520
- Kittyhawk
- Tomahawk

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?categoryid=43

More templates will be added later.

These are quite detailed, but very simple to use. They include several camouflage colours (Desert and Channel), and several different national markings depending on the aircraft type.

Example of the templates. Here is how they look in Photoshop Elements:

More templates will be added later.
These are quite detailed, but very simple to use. They include several camouflage colours (Desert and Channel), and several different national markings depending on the aircraft type.

Example of the templates. Pic 1 and 2 are how they look in Photoshop Elements:

And Pic 3 is how they look in Photoshop CS2 (an older version).

Very little skill is needed when using the templates. You need to view the layers, then just turn on or off layers (by clicking so the eye symbol shows - see the screen captures).

Changing the colours

You can change the colours of the various camouflage pattern parts if you like. The camouflage layers are locked for transparency, so depending on your software all you would need to do is use the paint bucket to change the colour (transparency and edge should be preserved) ... so just flood the layer with colour. Un-tick the box at the top of the picture called 'contiguous' and you will only need to click once with the paint bucket! This option will show when you chose the paint bucket - Pic 4.

NOTE: Turn off the white (or black) background layer outline, it is just there as a rough guide. It will probably show in-game if not turned off.

Looking forward to seeing some great screenshots!

Cheers,

Pattle

1.jpg

2.jpg

3 Photoshop example.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, E69_julian57 said:

Hello @ATAG_Pattle
you must be registered with ATAG to download the templates

:salute:

I strongly recommend you to register there, mate! Lots of content and good info! There you will find skins, user missions, squadrons to join (but you can fly with everybody without join a squad). The forum is public so as the servers there. :salute:

Register, say a hello on the welcome thread and you are good to go!

Edited by danperin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

just asking, when the other templates will be out?

tks

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Ditto.

Any sign of the Martlet?

The next bunch of templates are almost completed. I re-did a lot of things: colours , wear-layers etc. and reduced the hundred or so layers to a few. Also I removed all the layer masks, and simplified all of the layers. It's taken a bit of time to do this, so the templates are a bit delayed.

I previously said the Bf109F would be ready in  '2 weeks' ( I'm not the first one to have made such a claim!!), but I've added a few more templates. 

These are the ones coming next:

- Bf109 F

- Bf109F tropical (too many differences in camo and dust filter to include them in one template without confusing everyone)

- G50

- Cr42 (includes  a number of emblems/ spat markings).

- Bf108 (includes green/green, grey mottle, grey/grey, and desert camo patterns.)

- Tiger Moth.

They are complete, I'm  just checking them now. They should be available within a week ... from the ATAG skin download section (look in the ' Downloads'  https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?categoryid=12.)

Cheers.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 1:28 PM, major_setback said:

The next bunch of templates are almost completed. I re-did a lot of things: colours , wear-layers etc. and reduced the hundred or so layers to a few. Also I removed all the layer masks, and simplified all of the layers. It's taken a bit of time to do this, so the templates are a bit delayed.

I previously said the Bf109F would be ready in  '2 weeks' ( I'm not the first one to have made such a claim!!), but I've added a few more templates. 

These are the ones coming next:

- Bf109 F

- Bf109F tropical (too many differences in camo and dust filter to include them in one template without confusing everyone)

- G50

- Cr42 (includes  a number of emblems/ spat markings).

- Bf108 (includes green/green, grey mottle, grey/grey, and desert camo patterns.)

- Tiger Moth.

They are complete, I'm  just checking them now. They should be available within a week ... from the ATAG skin download section (look in the ' Downloads'  https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?categoryid=12.)

Cheers.

Have these been released? I can't find them on ATAG.

tks