Jason_Williams

Discussion of the Battle of Normandy Announcement

1 minute ago, sevenless said:

Sure. Also there is the undisputable factor of being the only sim developer who offers a flyable Arado 234 for two historically accurate settings (BoN and BoBP). That alone combined with the Me 262 being present could be argument enough for some new folks to get into the series. As for Ju 88S and JU 188, absolutely, but another one technically more interesting which also was used on the eastern front comes to mind and that is the HE 177 which was used during Operation Steinbock and would fit perfectly the BoN timeframe. And as V1s were announced...were are those HE-111 H-22s which launched those doodle bugs with KG 53 in 1944? Well there always seems to remain a plane or two left to be wished for.

let's just hope Jason can get all the new team members he's wishing for so the team can give us all the planes we want ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

95% comments are praise, maybe you're in a wrong thread!

Btw Jason isn't funding il2 development from his pocket so his wishes have little impact on it.

It's a business with big publisher not family business he's running!

Er, no, I'm not in the wrong thread at all... there has been a lot of whinging, and understandably so, but it's time to get a grip and move on, that's all.

• Upvote 1

the 234 fits better in Bodenplate than in Normandy, and the 262 doesnt fit well at all without flayable 4mots , thats out of question i think.

B25 is missing too or Marauder.and another version of a P38

perhaps for the nazi side a italian Reggiane would bring a bit more colour .

Edited by kubanloewe

4 minutes ago, kubanloewe said:

the 234 fits better in Bodenplate than in Normandy, and the 262 doesnt fit well at all, thats out of question i think.

B25 is missing too or Marauder.and another version of a P38

Already gave a B-25, and the Marauder is coming with Normandy.

Or are you talking about a flyable version?

1 minute ago, Legioneod said:

Already gave a B-25, and the Marauder is coming with Normandy.

Or are you talking about a flyable version?

since i only fly Online....flyable for sure 😉

Edited by kubanloewe

Actually... really disappointed in this plane setup... Allies have yet again, no flyable medium bomber... And the freaking C-47, the plane I've been MOST looking forward to... the one plane that is by far, my most favorite aircraft of all time... is relegated to an unflyable, AI only roll...

And no, I do not really consider the Mosquito a bomber. Its most akin a heavy fighter/attacker, like the P-47 or the P-38.

Aside from the map, I cannot see any reason to back this expansion personally... really really disappointed... =C

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, kubanloewe said:

since i only fly Online....flyable for sure 😉

Agreed, hopefully they’ll be made flyable one day. Only obstacle is time and money imo, the engine can definitely handle it I think.

9 minutes ago, kitsunelegend said:

Actually... really disappointed in this plane setup... Allies have yet again, no flyable medium bomber... And the freaking C-47, the plane I've been MOST looking forward to... the one plane that is by far, my most favorite aircraft of all time... is relegated to an unflyable, AI only roll...

And no, I do not really consider the Mosquito a bomber. Its most akin a heavy fighter/attacker, like the P-47 or the P-38.

Aside from the map, I cannot see any reason to back this expansion personally... really really disappointed... =C

Hopefully they’ll be made flyable one day. Aircraft like that take alot more time and money to make compared to fighters.

Edited by Legioneod

The mosquito is a great plane, but it’s a two seats plane and I hope both will be playable and the second not only reserve to ai like the A-20B Front navigator seat or the Ju-52 copilot seat...

Edited by R7-S276
  • Upvote 1

Jason, 

Outstanding news on Normandy. I hope the PTO is still on the radar ,would love to see this " game engine " do it justice.

I would pay twice the asking price, if you can include the P-51A  ( 4 X 20mm) in the latest collector plane set. It fits the Normandy time frame.

• Upvote 1

Christ we are a whining lot us simmers sometimes 😂

What an excellent choice of theatre though, this opens a lot up for us group flyers - fantastic plane set!! Lets just all breathe and take a look back at where Jason and the team have taken this platform from, lots of hard work and dedication. I am sure they will give us what we all want, all's we need to do is give our support and patience and enjoy the content they are giving us - no one is forcing anyone to buy anything! 

I will be purchasing Normandy tomorrow when I'm home as I have with every other released module, excited to see what will be next! but in the meantime, Boddenplatte is giving me more enjoyment than any other sim I've played.

Thank you team Il2!!  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Honestly the only plane that I find missing is the Spitfire IXC like others have mentioned, but it's not terribly critical. 

32 minutes ago, R7-S276 said:

The mosquito is a great plane, but it’s a two seats plane and I hope both will be playable and the second not only reserve to ai like the A-20B Front navigator seat or the Ju-52 copilot seat...

The Mosquito FB needs only one crew position to be modelled in game. Even a B would not need a bombardier position. Just switch from pilot to bombsight (and back 😊)

Btw, i would like to have a B.IV „modification“ in game.

And Axis bombers where mainly nightbombers at that time. Daylight operations in the west were suicidal

Edited by III/JG53Frankyboy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

You don't seem to realize that we when it comes to planes, we can only build what we can SOURCE properly. Understand that, and you'll understand why sometimes I have to get creative and not give you exactly the exact plane-type that was found where. I can't build a totally new 410 (which is gonna be a bitch to make) and a Ju-188 with the resources and time I have available to me. Hmm... what other cool twin engine plane can I make reasonable fast that is interesting and was plausibly on the Western Front in 1942 to late 1944. 

Welcome to my world of budgets, deadlines and yes limits of what is possible. Battle of Normandy is the theme of the title and when possible we adhere to that, but when needed I will find other options to offer an entertaining package. Also, note my caveat in my announcement about planes. Further research might make one or two of these impossible. We shall see.

Jason

Hello Jason how i every time say we appreciate your efforts and work and may thanks for that! Can you pls tell us where is problem? Do you miss a programmer? ok this is problem. But if you need send some data about planes or need some photos  which the community can get there is no problem and we can help you for creater more quality aircraft. Just pls tell us where is problem to creater another planes like Ju 188 the community can resources some data if you need. German archives are accessible to everyone. Or what am i missing?

1 minute ago, III/JG53Frankyboy said:

Daylight operations in the west were suicidal

And in the MTO, too. And the night fighters, when used as daytime fighters were also a waste of valuable resources.

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

You don't seem to realize that we when it comes to planes, we can only build what we can SOURCE properly. Understand that, and you'll understand why sometimes I have to get creative and not give you exactly the exact plane-type that was found where. I can't build a totally new 410 (which is gonna be a bitch to make) and a Ju-188 with the resources and time I have available to me. Hmm... what other cool twin engine plane can I make reasonable fast that is interesting and was plausibly on the Western Front in 1942 to late 1944. 

Welcome to my world of budgets, deadlines and yes limits of what is possible. Battle of Normandy is the theme of the title and when possible we adhere to that, but when needed I will find other options to offer an entertaining package. Also, note my caveat in my announcement about planes. Further research might make one or two of these impossible. We shall see.

Thanks for the reply Jason!

I do understand and sympathize with your situation. That said, my priorities seem to be different ones - I will have to live with that.

33 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Agreed, hopefully they’ll be made flyable one day. Only obstacle is time and money imo, the engine can definitely handle it I think.

Hopefully they’ll be made flyable one day. Aircraft like that take alot more time and money to make compared to fighters.

Well, until the C-47 becomes flyable, I cannot justify the $80 price tag, when the only thing in BON that I'd want is the map... and as great as the map team is for IL-2, $80 is just too rich for too little content that interests me....

I guess I'll be keeping my wallet closed for now, or at least until BON goes on a steep discount in the future...

• Upvote 1

while Normandy is really a bad time for flying on german side (inferior planes at that time and only a few models) how about implementing AA gunnery like 8.8´s or AA tanks 🙂

ok, warthunder time....combined arms ...cu 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I can't build a totally new 410 (which is gonna be a bitch to make). 

Jason

I am sure a museum near me still has has a Me-410, what issues do you envisage Jason? 

This is the one near me at Cosford (no longer do engine runs sadly) 

https://youtu.be/jAcgUPjb16Q

https://www.militaryimages.net/media/me-410-a-1-u2-raf-cosford.100641/

Edited by Mysticpuma

14 minutes ago, kubanloewe said:

while Normandy is really a bad time for flying on german side (inferior planes at that time and only a few models) how about implementing AA gunnery like 8.8´s or AA tanks 🙂

ok, warthunder time....combined arms ...cu 🙂

Iirc TC is supposed to be getting controllable anti-air vehicles, not 88s but I think something like 37mm.

6 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

I am sure a museum near me still has has a Me-410, what issues do you envisage Jason? 

If you have info or resources for a Me-410, or places that an intact one can be found, you should make a thread in the Developer Assistance section and post it all there. I'm sure they will appreciate the help, especially if they already anticipate it being difficult.

Is it possible to know jason which ships are you expecting to be done to simulate Normandy landings ?

BoN is the fifth title of Il2 series but we have very little amount of ships as of now in the game...

• Upvote 1

As the map can be used for an earlier timeframe does that mean that there will be the  'car door' and teardrop canopy versions of the Typhoon?

• Upvote 2

Wow, anyone want some really strong cheese with their whine?

The team - after repeatedly over-delivering on their previous work - has planned:

- The only -234 likely to be produced anywhere

- The only Mosquito likely to actually appear (I’ll believe DCS when I see it)

- The only Griffon Spit we are likely to see anywhere

- The only Tiffie we are likely to see anywhere

No sim - ever - has recreated Schweinfurt. Ever. No sim engine has been created that can model even a bombardment group with any degree of fidelity, accuracy or the kind of detail most people want.

JHFC, people. Get your shizzle together. You know a better sim, go there. If you don’t, try to be constructive.

It’s not perfect. We all want additional things, but man- alive the sheer childish whining on this is scarcely credible. Am sure for $500 a copy we could get Battle of Berlin, but I guess most people would ask for it but then fail to cough-up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 15

Spot on! You can’t deliver everything and all at the same time! Jeesh people. For me, I’ll look forward to purchasing normandy. Alway wanted to fly a mosquito! Hopefully, the floating mulberry temporary ports along the coast will get modeled as some are still out there today (albiet sunk or damaged from 75 years of sea exposure).

1C903F7F-456A-4A9C-BEC4-000D7D2A119D.png

Edited by Rossterman

3 hours ago, kubanloewe said:

After near 30 years ! of purchasing flight sims i wonder if at least 1 developer will make that nice Dornier 24 waterplane which was widely used as a recon and red cross plane even after wartime from netherlands and spain. imho.   

THAT would be a nice addon plane in BoN !!!

I know that plane… but did those Dorniers participate in the Battle of Normandy?

If not… well, we could add them regardless!! and even add the Graf Zeppelin to the battle!!

And after adding the Graf… what about adding an entire new set with plenty of aircraft carriers, like, for example… for example… Midway! Yes!

Sorry guys, this time the above was a joke...

Have fun in Normandy.

Edited by 343KKT_Kintaro
orthography

These expansions reinforce each other, I think that's the most important thing. There's a lot of overlap in usability between the two, and it also allows earlier scenarios.

So many people knee-jerking for no reason. This expansion adds a lot on its own as well as tying so much other content together.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

The team - after repeatedly over-delivering on their previous work - has planned:

No sim - ever - has recreated Schweinfurt. Ever. No sim engine has been created that can model even a bombardment group with any degree of fidelity, accuracy or the kind of detail most people want.

JHFC, people. Get your shizzle together. You know a better sim, go there. If you don’t, try to be constructive.

It’s not perfect. We all want additional things, but man- alive the sheer childish whining on this is scarcely credible. Am sure for $500 a copy we could get Battle of Berlin, but I guess most people would ask for it but then fail to cough-up.

Agreed. And you forgot the only Me 410 we are likely to see anywhere. More than enough USPs in BoN alone. Combine that with BoBP and it multiplies. Great times ahead.

5 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

I would pay 500$ for PTO in il2 quality 😉😁!

Don't look at it as a whine, it's a passion and love expression.

Tbh i expected more complaints from PTO brigade (me among them), second delay on pto really dissapointed me.

Guess we'll have to settle for BoN, Spit, Mossie and channel map that won my heart after all.

Overall i think BoN is extremley well recived and don't see any real whine!

Whining about whine is also a whine😆

That morse code really tricked us and sparked false hope expecting naval ops.

Still would be nice to hear from Jason is PTO ditched and it's state, he said he'll make statement...still nothing! 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

No sim - ever - has recreated Schweinfurt. Ever.

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (1991)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mysticpuma said:

The plane had a pretty huge combination of different modifications and loadouts (different cannons, gunpods, rockets, bombs), maybe good data to portray them is hard to find (weight penalties, drag, proper blueprints for 3D modelling, how they interacted with the plane's controls, etc).

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

On 11/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, Uufflakke said:

Rheinland is all about villages, towns, cities and huge industrial areas as well.

And since a little more work will be spend on the map I don't expect any major changes to finally see the so characteristic NW Europe textures and to fly over many more populated areas.

After the release of the SchweineRheinland Rheinland map I've learned my lesson and no pre-order this time.

When the team improved the Stalingrad map textures, when they improved the weather effect (rain on cockpit) and light on winter maps etc for free, what was then the lesson you could have learned?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (1991)

+ B-17 Flying Fortress  (Microprose, 2000) and Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe (LucasFilm Games, 1991), IIRC.

37 minutes ago, Megalax said:

TN2QvfB.jpg

"Only the dead have seen the end of Flight Sim whining" - Plato, probably.

3 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

I still love you guys!!!! 

As said before, perfect selection of aircraft 😉

Until the last waited PTO. But apparently the team has a different opinion about it. I hope Jason says that PTO will be next and won't cheat this time.
As for Normandy, I'd like to see it

image.thumb.png.82531f39490f3f7f0c117b78731e56b3.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Thank you Trog1odyte for pointing that out.

RedKestrel, stop, I said I was joking. Rather than insulting people you should learn to read.

The problem with the PTO is that the Japanese aircraft have nearly non-existent sources and details.

I for one am happy to support the IL-2 GB team in their role of creating more WW2 aviation simulation.