Sign in to follow this  
PicksKing

[MODDING HELP] Rheinland grasland texture location in folder?

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I need to find the root folder of a specific texture, namely some kind of grasland texture, which crosses the overall field texture in some places. Especially the wooded south east. Watch the attached screenshot. I searched the entire rheinland texture folder but couldnt find it. @LizLemon? Are you there? 🙂

Il-2 2019-10-02 10-39-02.jpg

Edited by PicksKing

PicksKing- I pray silently that you intend to release a repaint, like you did with your brillaint Kuban map. Just tested it now (Never noticed it) and it in completely brilliant. I notice that the textures and colour tones of Rheinland could use some tuning to the same effect:D

Posted (edited)

@LizLemon Oh hell no! I hope this is only temporary and all related textures get in the same map folder. But at least I can change the path by editing the texture.tini for now, without screwing up the Prokhorovka map.

@Redeye Thank you. I already searched for historical aerial photography on NCAP and got some ideas, how I could make the rheinland look even better than it already does. But we need to wait until BoBP left the beta status.

Edited by PicksKing

@PicksKing- by changing this, I assume you want to remove it/make it transparent so it does not looks like slobs of green sprayed randomly across the map? Have you found a working solution for this? I can't find the ini file you are referring to, (And I am not sure as to what I would have to edit specifically).

@Redeye I dont even know how to make it transparent. The alpha channel of this texture is reserved as a height map. And if I could, it would make fields visable across the hills and mountains, which wouldn't look good anyway. But I think I can recreate both textures (rough grass and fields) and make them match to each other.