Hi folks,

Today we'd like to announce the

IL-2 Great Battles Recorder

Mod/Tool

Screenshot-v1-0-0-1.png

The purpose of this mod/tool is to overcome an annoying limitation of the game:
Whenever you record a track in IL-2 Great Battles, recording will silently stop once the track file has reached a size of 512MB.
This is particularly annoying when you are fighting online, on a crowded server, because tracks will grow quickly (512MB can be reached in less than 5 minutes) and as fate would have it, your recording will stop right before the most interesting things happen in your mission/sortie.

Using IL-2 Great Battles Recorder, you can concentrate on your flight and let this tool automatically restart recording another track - silently, automatically, in the background, with no further action required on your end.

Find download links, further descriptions, discussions, opportunities to talk directly to the devs of this tool/mod here:

IL-2 Great Battles Recorder @sas1946.com

:drinks:

Mike

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

Hello SAS_Storebror,

This is really appreciated, many ops missions are cut short of video but not now :)

Excellent!

Excellent! I recently posted in Suggestions that some method was needed to show that you weren't, or were about to, stop recording. This should do instead.

Cheers.

This works perfectly.  When I'm in VR and the enemy is sighted it would be inconvenient to life the headset and start recording.  I forget to anyway in the heat of the moment of contact.  Your mod works beautifully and nothing is lost.  Thanks, Mike.  🎖️

It does not work for me.  Complains about not being able to find IL2 path and I cannot see anywhere to tell it where to look.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

@56RAF_Roblex, the IL-2 GB Recorder creates a logfile "IL-2 Great Battles Recorder.log.txt" in the same folder where you've put the executable.

Could you show us that log please?

At the moment I can't think of a good reason for the tool not being able to locate your IL-2 path (other than renaming IL-2.exe that is).

Internally, the tool waits for the IL-2 process to come up and once it's there, it will look for the path of the executable belonging to that process.

Hardly something that could ever fail.

:drinks:

Mike

Posted (edited)

2019-06-16 19:54:42.499 # IL-2 Great Battles Recorder loaded.
2019-06-16 19:54:42.502 # Waiting for IL-2 Great Battles start...
2019-06-16 19:54:42.599 # IL-2 Great Battles started.
2019-06-16 19:54:52.884 # ERROR: Couldn't get IL-2 Process Path!
2019-06-16 22:01:00.114 # IL-2 Great Battles terminated.
2019-06-16 22:01:00.115 # IL-2 stopped.
2019-06-16 22:01:05.110 # Waiting for IL-2 Great Battles start...
2019-06-16 22:01:19.642 # IL-2 Great Battles Recorder closing.

The path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad"

******************************Addendum *******************

I thought maybe the problem was that I had it on my desktop so I moved it to its own folder in the C drive but it made no difference.   I then ran it with Admin mode and it worked.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Thanks for this work around on the limited filesize of the recordings Storebror. :soldier: