=X51=Baseketboll

Which commands don't work on Dogfight(Multiplayer)?

I just read that a MCU doesn't work on Dogfight, multiplayer. Does anyone knows witch commands don't work on multiplayer? Cause I was using the manual, having a really hard time activating things, and manual doesn't say anything about this topic.

Thank you for answering.

Checkzones don't work in Peer to Peer multiplayer only. Using Dserver, or single player they work perfectly fine.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ACG_Sketch said:

Checkzones don't work in Peer to Peer multiplayer only. Using Dserver, or single player they work perfectly fine.

I forgot to mention that, Checkzone and Proximity work on DServer Dogfights and coops.

Thanks for the answers @[N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier @ACG_Sketch.

In resume, the only MCUs that doesn't work on a non Dserver (dedicated server) are:
- Trigger:Check zone

- Trigger:Proximity

I was using Check zones everywhere.. no wonder why I couldn't made anything work. 💀 I believe using the MCU Translator:Complex Trigger will work as good as the check zone is meant to be.

1 hour ago, =X51=Baseketboll said:

I was using Check zones everywhere.. no wonder why I couldn't made anything work. 💀 I believe using the MCU Translator:Complex Trigger will work as good as the check zone is meant to be.

Note that there are differences between how a check zone trigger and complex trigger translator detect the presence or absence of planes or vehicles in the zone, as follows:

• A check zone trigger detects one of the following:
    • When the first of the specified objects enters the zone or when any of the specified objects are already in the zone
    • When the last of the specified objects exits the zone or all of the specified objects are already out of the zone
  • A complex trigger translator detects when any specified object enters or leaves the zone (depending on whether you select an entry event, exit event, or both types of events)
    For all specified objects, only the entries or exits are detected, not the presence or absence in the area. For example, say you configure a complex trigger to detect Object Entered and Object Left for German planes and you have two Me 109s, "A" and "B", outside the zone. When you activate the complex trigger translator, you get no detection of A or B being outside the zone. If B follows A into the zone and then out again, you get two detections for entry and two detections for exit. 

For details, see pg. 81 in the editor manual.

Posted (edited)

As Jim stated, with a complex trigger MCU, you can possibly get a 'double fired' event when you don't intend for that to happen, because the complex trigger will fire for the specific event you set up - regardless of planes.

As an example, if you setup a complex trigger to fire an event (say... spawning a single enemy plane) when an 'onPlaneEnter' event fires... Then, every single plane that enters the complex trigger will fire the 'onPlaneEnter' event, and therefore the spawning an enemy plane event will fire too. It doesn't matter if plane 1 has left the complex trigger's area or not; the complex trigger only checks to see if a plane has entered and then fires any events tied to 'onPlaneEnter'.

Imagine 30+ players all entering this complex trigger, spawning yet another enemy plane... Your server or mission would crash probably.

Where as, a proximity trigger or check zone trigger will fire once a plane enters but not fire a second time when plane 2 enters that same check zone (while plane 1 is still in the check zone). If you had the same event as the above example tied to the check zone (spawn a single enemy plane), you would only get one enemy plane even if all 30+ pilots entered the check zone at the same time.

Of course, you can manipulate the system by quickly disabling the complex trigger right after it fires, and renabling later. Meaning, a plane enters the complex trigger, sets off the single enemy plane event and disables itself all at the same time. Then, say when the players kill the plane, you can reenable the complex trigger. This is quirky though, because your players may still be in the complex trigger's area, but because they didn't 'onPlaneEnter' - they were in the area when the complex trigger activated, and didn't enter after it was activated - they won't get a second enemy plane till they fire the complex trigger's 'onPlaneEnter' again. Clear as mud, right? 😎

However....

Last I checked, a proximity trigger worked fine in peer to peer multiplayer, but I could be wrong.

Edited by ACG_Sketch
Clarity

Posted (edited)

Wow, Thank you a lot for that clarification @JimTM, and examples @ACG_Sketch

I applied what you explained and everything works great. 

image.thumb.png.8d1e8bc1b60f0c3df4a7fe6a5549e5f0.png

4 hours ago, ACG_Sketch said:

Last I checked, a proximity trigger worked fine in peer to peer multiplayer, but I could be wrong.

I haven't test it out.  I just believe him for now until I get better with this.

12 hours ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

Checkzone and Proximity dont work last time I tested.

Now I'm having trouble with the Trigger:Counter... time to start reading again.

Edited by =X51=Baseketboll

What exactly are you expecting and what is it doing instead? Also, post the mission here, and we can take a look at it.

I'm just trying to do a simple mission to destroy the searchlights on Stepnoye. Some planes will spawn to defend it, and they are supposed to continue spawning until all searchlights are down. I tried to use counters for spawning again the planes (count up to 2, then activate spawn again... didn't work).

T0.3.zip

Posted (edited)

VIDEO FAIL!!! lol... One sec...

Here's a better video:

And here is the mission file:

Training.zip

Edited by ACG_Sketch
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

hahha dam! video fail lool dam

Omg! you're amazinG! Thank you so much for that explanation. Clear as clean water...

I have 2 questions:

1. I still don't understand.. Why my counter wasn't working? :huh:

2. Why 2 different spawners? u can have just 1 for the 2, right? or it bugs later on?

3. Idk Whats CIA... Central Intelligence Agency?

Edit: Re-watching videos to get everything u explained :coffee:

Edited by =X51=Baseketboll

C.Y.A. = Cover your ass

I could be wrong, but you CAN have multiple spawners per plane entity (to make the plane spawn randomly) <--- I know this works, but not multiple planes per single spawner. <--- I'm not certain about this half of my sentence.

Your logic:

- You have an input to the counter, causing it to only count 1 destroyed search light (see my white 1 from the timer and yellow inputs from destroyed searchlights). Then your output is to an activate. Things are already 'activated' by default; you only need to send a message to the next MCU to tell it, "YO, YOU'RE MY NEXT EVENT IN MY MISSION!!" See your the bright red line to the trigger activate...? You're telling the trigger activate to fire next, and then the trigger activate tries to 'activate' the end mission MCU next, but because the end mission MCU is already activated, nothing happens.

image.thumb.png.8c7d042899ef04b5943a69630859c9fe.png

My logic:

- I have no inputs to my counter except the 'onKilled' events from the searchlights. This allows two searchlights to be destroyed. (I want to send two searchlights 'ondestroyed', and then tell the counter that it's the next event.... Then the counter's next event is to disable my plane spawning logic and tell the player that they've completed the mission...)

- I have a separate counter for my planes. This counter has 'reset after operation'; meaning it'll spawn a new set of planes after two planes are destroyed. And it'll keep spawning two more planes every time two ai planes are destroyed. The only thing stopping this logic is the searchlight destroyed counter to trigger deactivate to my timer (that's acting as an input from the destroy plane counter's output). With this timer deactivated (remember it's active by default), then no logic can 'pass' it, so to speak. Meaning no more spawning planes.

image.thumb.png.5eb8431da23726786c1dfef30db3cea1.png

My searchlights destroyed counter ^^

image.thumb.png.07fe2f616b92c95ae0fb98c503c44651.png

My planes destroyed counter, the 1s timer, and the trigger deactive to the timer ^^

• Upvote 2

Thank you again for all the feedback! I learned a lot from ur explanation and video.. next time could be on discord or something to be able to talk faster and solve it easier than typing xD