GCF

Weekly Flying Circus Mass Dogfight Event

Posted (edited)

Hi All

I really enjoyed the JG1 server, mass get together, 2 weeks ago so much, that i want to do it again as a weekly event.

So i am going to try and arrange the first mass dogfight for this Sunday the 6th of January 2019.

i am just trying to arrange things , so will update as soon as i can, with a server where it will be held and a more exact time, but all being well, starting this Sunday early afternoon, to early evening early evening about a 6 hour stretch. these times are in Central Standard Time ( US ). Just giving a heads up at the moment, i should have more information tomorrow.

Thanks 

Paul

Update: 

When : Sunday the 6th 2019

Time : 13:00 to 19:00 Central Time US / Canadian

: 20:00 to 02:00 Central European Time

Where : JG1 Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Fur ball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

A very big thanks to All the members of JG1 for allowing us hold it on their server, this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

Edited by GCF
  • Upvote 10

Same here, I'll be there when I can.

Nice initiative btw.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Like 1

I will be there if I can as well and I will post on our site and see if I can bring more SCG in there too.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Klugermann said:

That time conflicts with Cubans weekly syndicate event.

I think at this point things should be separated for good. Cubans is on a Sunday prime time. There is no reason to abdicate of a Sunday prime time in Flying Circus to prioritize the old iteration of this game. Life goes on.

We also have players in Flying Circus that don't own ROF, which is the case of the OP. And even I seldom fly in ROF anymore.

Let people come here instead if they want. This is the way to go. We can't hold back forever. ROF had its time, now it is Flying Circus time.

4 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

I think at this point things should be separated for good. Cubans is on a Sunday prime time. There is no reason to abdicate of a Sunday prime time in Flying Circus to prioritize the old iteration of this game. Life goes on.

We also have players in Flying Circus that don't own ROF, which is the case of the OP. And even I seldom fly in ROF anymore.

Let people come here instead if they want. This is the way to go. We can't hold back forever. ROF had its time, now it is Flying Circus time.

4 planes, furball only servers vs dedicated missions with all planes at my disposal...I'll stick with Cubans for the foreseeable future.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Klugermann said:

4 planes, furball only servers vs dedicated missions with all planes at my disposal...I'll stick with Cubans for the foreseeable future.

Well, the Sunday we had 30 players at JG1 beats any current mission we have in ROF at the moment. It was a blast, the maps are a blast. And we are having 12 players in the last few days at afternoon, which is the same number NFF have in general. And we don't even have the D7 and the Dolphin (which will be next).

So... I'll stick with Flying Circus.

Edited by SeaW0lf

Posted (edited)

This is a really nice initiative, GCF! :)

@Klugermann You're right about the last event hosted by JG1 conflicting with Cuban's event; GCF and I have been discussing how we could mitigate this. That's why he hasn't posted an official start time yet. ;) Perhaps the event could start while Cuban's mission is halfway done, and then continue past his finish time. That way folks could fly all they want in the Vintage Missions, and then when that starts to die down, they could transfer over to Flying Circus. 

@SeaW0lf Flying Circus is definitely the way of the future! However, ROF ain't dead yet and there are lots who still enjoy it. Therefore, if we can compromise for the good of both communities, I think we should. ;) 

Edited by JG1_Hotlead_J10
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

Flying Circus is definitely the way of the future! However, ROF ain't dead yet and there are lots who still enjoy it. Therefore, if we can compromise for the good of both communities, I think we should. ;) 

What happen in this case is that people would be favoring the old game over the new, plus the fact that some of Flying Circus players don't have ROF. The servers might side with ROF, but I can't blame the players to organize it, and I side with them because I'm enjoying Flying Circus much more than ROF at this point (yesterday I was thinking how damage model and hitboxes are way more believable).

I say go full metal and who wants to join, great. By the time we get a map, we might have more players than we had back in 2013. And it is nothing personal. I still fly in ROF once in a while, but again, in my opinion, while here, I kind of have to put all my chips in Flying Circus. It could not be otherwise for me.

But this is just my 2 cents.

EDIT: and @GCF, I kind of created some pressure with my defense since I have been flying in Flying Circus regularly :biggrin: So whatever the time you choose, if the gathering does happen, I'll try to be there if I can. I got carried away :dance: My apologies.

Edited by SeaW0lf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

thanks all for the support, and interest. it means a lot to me , hopefully this will take off but if not even if we get 10 players in the air it would be really great fun, should be able to update time and server to be used this sunday, by the end of today, times are still flexible a bit so was thinking of 1pm ECT to 7pm ECT so a six hour run, should be able to play eu players as is starting about 9pm here uk time.

thank to all

paul

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Good Evening All

here is the update as promised 

When : Sunday the 6th 2019

Time : 13:00 to 19:00 Central Time US / Canadian

: 20:00 to 02:00 Central European Time

Where : JG1 Flying Circus Dogfight Server

Type : 6 Hour long, informal, mass dogfight (drop in & drop out anytime) Fur ball.

Entrance : Everyone welcome, just fly and have fun.

A very big thanks to All the members of JG1 for allowing us hold it on their server this Sunday and thanks for a great server.

Edited by GCF
  • Like 1

Why run it at the same time as the Syndicate missions.

There is sod all WWI sim action online. Why put the only action up at the same time. Couldn't it be a Saturday?

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

JG1 server will be occupied with FIF on Saturdays. I suspect most regulars will continue to participate in the Syndicate Missions.

Edited by Klugermann

1 hour ago, J2_SteveF said:

Why run it at the same time as the Syndicate missions.

There is sod all WWI sim action online. Why put the only action up at the same time. Couldn't it be a Saturday?

1 hour ago, Klugermann said:

JG1 server will be occupied with FIF on Saturdays. I suspect most regulars will continue to participate in the Syndicate Missions.

Sorry to those that are getting upset, all i want to do it hold a mass get together, for a game that is a new kid on the block but i believe will have a great success. at the moment there is very little of a game, that people are paying alot of money for , all that you have in game at moment is quick missions and multiplayer. so there is a rather rapidly growing group of players who want to play and are having problems hooking up with other players. as for my choise of date, time, and place where all nagtionated on before posting as will be using the JG1 server, that i had to arrange for the 6 hours. i chose the time to give the widest amount of time zones, the chance to play, and the week end only has 2 days and and i chose sunday, me bad. i have never even heared of these other events, so i meant no harm, is it a IL" Flying Circus event ?

thanks

paul 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I will be there.

Thanks for your engagement.

Cheers

Stephan

• Like 1

@Cuban, Steve & Klugermann

He guys, I understand your hurt when organising something and feeling shorted cause of an other lapsing event.
Only consider Cuban is a outfit sortie while this here is a quake rave.
So you could as well go tell NFF to shut their servers for your event, same thing.
Under that hurt for sure you realise as well as anybody else both cater to a totally differed crowd?

I'm not hurt or upset or offended.

Just asked a simple question as the event is still in planning. If everything stays as it is ...well, that's fine. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, West said:
@Cuban, Steve & Klugermann

He guys, I understand your hurt when organising something and feeling shorted cause of an other lapsing event.
Only consider Cuban is a outfit sortie while this here is a quake rave.
So you could as well go tell NFF to shut their servers for your event, same thing.
Under that hurt for sure you realise as well as anybody else both cater to a totally differed crowd?

No worries here. Different with NFF tho as it's an icon server which some prefer.

• Like 1

In reality these are different games altogether, with a different crowd. You can't compare or expect people to abide to a game that was in general abandoned years ago. As it was mentioned, there are players here who never heard of such events. Kind of pointless to push for an agenda.

33 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

In reality these are different games altogether, with a different crowd.

Don't know about that.  It seems like at least every other poster in this FC forum section are RoF veterans. 

• Upvote 2

Starting Sunday evening Euro time?  Excellent, I'll try and be there.:salute: 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Starting Sunday evening Euro time?  Excellent, I'll try and be there.:salute: 

Starts 20:00 on the 6th Central European Time running until 02:00 on the 7th Central European Time.

31 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

Don't know about that.  It seems like at least every other poster in this FC forum section are RoF veterans. 

From what I see online, the majority in general are new players, just like the OP. It is just sometimes that I see a bunch of veterans together, but it is not usual. And there are days when and I'm the only veteran in there, which happens often.

I would say people could support Flying Circus a bit more. JG1 and JG5 seem to have settled and are always online. The only setback is that we still don't have servers listed at barans.ru, so we have to be giving a shout here in the forum. Other than that, things are picking up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SeaW0lf said:

From what I see online, the majority in general are new players, just like the OP. It is just sometimes that I see a bunch of veterans together, but it is not usual. And there are days when and I'm the only veteran in there, which happens often.

I would say people could support Flying Circus a bit more. JG1 and JG5 seem to have settled and are always online. The only setback is that we still don't have servers listed at barans.ru, so we have to be giving a shout here in the forum. Other than that, things are picking up.

the irregulars discord channel , has chat rooms specificaly for Flying Circus, there are 3, FC general text chat, FC general voice chat and a FC events chat room. we use the text chat for finding anyone up for  FC multiplayer, there are about 13 members of which about 8 are regulars flying most days, but in relays throughout the day and night due to time differences, feel free to join, you never have to use voice or text chat unless you want to, i have no problem with you and anyone else joining even if you all  just sit quitely and never say anything, just listening for a shout out or make a text shout out your self, all you need to do is install discord and on the left menu choose the + in a circle and choose join server then paste in this link https://discord.gg/W9RV46p 

if you do not have discord you can download it by pressing on the link here .

thanks

paul

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

This event announcement here is for a quake rave while on the ROF cuban server it is an outfit celebration like in the old times.

Believe me BIG difference LOL

In fact with the actual FC all over the place plane selection the old ROF biggies, think yearly month long MP events, are not yet playable without lots of inventivity of its former mission makers like eg different skins for the same planes used by both sides, placeholder maps etc.
It will take FC years to get there if ever ...
Remember a little more than a year ago we were introduced to the project of porting ROF into BOX with the projection that by end 2018 FC1 would already be delivered while a + year later it is still short of 6 planes and a post stamp map.
So go figure ...
Seems like in the mean time old ROF will still holds its own ...

Quakes of course mostly only need Camels and Dr1s
lmaoshmsfoaidmt
even in the absence of icons;

Some folks however are not picky and like their share of both mostly cause it is the only way to get their full fix))
Edited by West

47 minutes ago, West said:

It will take FC years to get there if ever ...

I beg to differ. With the aforementioned 4 planes we packed 30 players a couple of Sundays ago at JG1 just because Hotlead dropped a topic in the forum a couple days before. And we don't have servers listed at barans.ru, we don't have a map and only 4 planes.

I don't see that kind of number in an airquake mission in ROF since 2014, early 2015. And I'm seeing 10-12 players with regularity. 

Now if people drop here to just trash Flying Circus and don't show up at the servers and compare it with an inferior game that is dead for years with just a few regulars, and I was / am one of them for part of this last journey of 2017-18, things can become harder. Not to mention that Flying Circus is way superior in many rergards, one of them multiplayer performance.

And I still think we will have the same numbers of 2014, if not more, before we get a map. Might be wishful thinking, but we have 'nothing' at the moment and I'm having fun online and finding people to fly almost every day.

Posted (edited)

Cool it  SeaWolf

I am not talking numbers but scale;

If you cant see that ...

Can only lead a horse to the water;

BTW I already passed 3 evening in the JG1 server recently and quite enjoyed myself.

Having had my share of NFF quaking too.

Not trashing anything -where did you see me do that, beats me- only presenting things like they are, pointing out differences.

Edited by West

27 minutes ago, West said:

I am not talking numbers but scale;

It is a new game with new players on top of what they already had. I don't think scale matters at this point. It is a fresh start, virtual reality, new engine, new maps, new damage model, new forum.

About the horses, some people will stay behind for several reasons and that's fine. No one here is forcing anyone to nothing. The OP is just creating and event, and he is doing it in the right place (Flying Circus).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West said:

Remember a little more than a year ago we were introduced to the project of porting ROF into BOX with the projection that by end 2018 FC1 would already be delivered while a + year later it is still short of 6 planes and a post stamp map.

So go figure ...

Er...no.    As far as we are aware development is on schedule.  

"Sturmovik is expanding into new territory and we are going to tackle building and releasing three new titles in 2018 and into 2019"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

Er...no.    As far as we are aware development is on schedule.  

It was streamed end 2017 where Jason and some devs were answering forum user questions just after we were informed about a renewed ROF getting incorporated in BOX togeter with their other new plans like BOBP & TC.
A time frame for when to expect the early access and final delivery was advanced which appears now a bit optimistic.
Of course ever since the actual early access everything advances following their developer diaries.
Edited by West

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

The quote in italics comes from the original announcement here

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/360/announcing-battle-bodenplatte-flying-circus-tank-c/

of November '17.

I see nothing to suggest anything is behind schedule. 

Why driving the hard bargain Arthur?

The link mentions:

Pre-Orders for Flying Circus will be available sometime first half of 2018 while no release date is advanced

& its early access became ultimately available by email announcement at 30/07/18.

They clearly had to iron out some unforeseen kinks so their initial take was a bit optimistic?

I do understand we all want the FC series to succeed dearly but this does not mean there are no drawbacks and putting those under the carped does not make them undone altogether.
Neighed is shooting the pianist )))
This is becoming totaly OT so we'd better not discus this here any longer.
My sincere apologies OP.

Edited by West

Posted (edited)

good morning All, hope everyone is and is going to have a lovely day.

to be honest , i own ROF myself but never got addons , i still paid for it in the days when it was not free, many DCS titles, have dabbled in flight sims since the origenal il2 was released, the non with disc after disc of addons, before il2 1946. always wanted to fly and dreamed of it, since i was a young boy, many meany many moon ago. so it has been basicaly a with and dream to fly il2 for about the last 16 years for me, tryed to play over the years but never could as had problems with hardware, could not get used to flying with hat switch, so gave up, reinversted, in sietek x65f, track ir 5 pro and sietek combat rudder pedals. but allas still could not fly it after great expence in hardware and games, due to the joystick being a stationary joystick, that uses

applied pressure to controle the input strenth, so was Fly By Wire, great consept but shit in practice 🙂 but my biggest problem was track ir5 just could never get used to it, so very reluctantly, gave up again and packed away my flight sims, last year i desided to have a go again so use same joystick but got a vive specificaly to fly flight sims, and i tries il2 ww2, took me months of fiddleing with setting forvive to improve res. and got it nice enought to play about6 months ago , still had problems spotting and joystick, but thank god my joystick broke so had to by proper joystick. that was 2 months ago. so finally i could after about 18 years of waiting, finaly got my dream come true , which quickly turned into a nightmare as was trying to fly as a complete rookie, against experiance, expert killers :-0 so was dying very rapidly before i could learn anything and so many controls, it was boogling my mine.

so about a month ago i bought Flying Circus, best move i ever made new game, so no real killers at start.as new flight model, and even ROF expert players dont have to much of an advantage. but the main thing is the vive vr support as it is the only way i can fly, so bought ROF but never played.

due to this being the final realisation of a 18 year quest, i am very inthoseastic about this game, as you are about yours.

sorry i have arranged a sever for this and next sunday, at these times, for an event i plan to run on a weekly basis, all depending on the amount of flyers that take part, and how popular it is. i may be tweeking time after the first to events, but if i do change the times it will not be dependent on the time of your event but rather the needs of players and the avaliblity of servers. as i plan to do it weekly on a different server every week to keep things fresh.

seriously guys is there really a need for all the agrow and upset in the forum ? this is  a game after all, and is suppose to be fun !! not a verbal sparing match.

as i see it they are different game , you like your and feel protective of it as i do about FC, you are running an event for ROF, i am running an event for FC, where is the problem, we are providing more opptions to the people on the forum, just let them choose what they want to play. i believe in giving more personal opptions to people not restricting the options so i can force them to play my event. by stopping other events at the same time so only one is avalible.

also guys really this is a game, why not keep the fighting in the air and out of the forum, discussion is fun for all to read and take part in , but argueing , and fighting in the forum , is a bit negative, and non productive, deal with it ww1 style slap each other across the face with a glove and take tha fight into the air, its not fun to read. 

Edited by GCF
  • Like 1

Some are just quietly waiting for the game (FC) to develop, test flying the planes as they are released.

No hurry, I'll give it till the end of the year.

I might hop on the server on Sunday just to see how performance is from €urope.

I'm already on the Discord, not that you'll be hearing me.

Have fun.

• Like 1