Han

Developer Diary 204 - Discussion

Excellent work team! 

Thank you so much for this DD

Thank you for taking the time to inform the communty about you are up to.

So many of us LOVE your work!

6 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

I wonder what kind of computer graphics or flight simulator is used to do all these flight and combat scenes in the film. Maybe we can have one day this quality ingame.

AFAIK, those are not rendered in real time. They render some scenes over night, or have a cluster of GPUs or cloud servers do that.

Movie rendering <> Game rendering

Only the future VR  Pimax 8K I think could have graphics  difficulties to movements also with the RTX 2080TI , will be better to buy the Pimax 5k In 2019 .

Could be in Graphene microchips in 5 years will be a very big step but the programation should be in Quantum style complexity  inestead of binary It would be a big revolution of the graphene era . I was joking , but seriously could be real in a close future.For example this interesting technology is right now or can be applied an is running with a very sophisticated and expensive software and not comercial secretly in the F35 for the F-35 helmet of 400.000$ . How you can see trough the plane with the helmet visor with the latrin of a F-35 , for example.I mean , The F35 was originally designed as an optional to drone plane pilot by remote distance like the F45 and  F47 . So by this way just to tell that with a sophisticated simulation equipment at home you could teorycally control and pilot the F-35 with this 400.000$ helmet like you where in the F35 cabin virtually but piloting the F35 as a drone in the real life by awacs and military satellites .

Except Star W the other  3videos are nowadays real technology.

Informatic advances very fast .

by the ways Jade_Monkey 2 days a go I saw you in Multiplayer  I remember you were the first , your points , you are very good level you where one of the best very good congrats! I am also right now training in Multiplayer for Taw server at the 1st division but the level is very high , I must be training a lot for the difficulties but soon I will be . Thanks 

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Thanks 1

So is this going to be the first flight sim with a more or less 1:1 creation of the jug? I know it's in older titles but the cockpit in the il2 1946 version is well, harsh, to say the least. I am curious what the poly counts are on these planes including cockpit and external 3d model. Heck there's more polys in the bolts and rivets than the entire 1946 version.

2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

AFAIK, those are not rendered in real time. They render some scenes over night, or have a cluster of GPUs or cloud servers do that.

I heard that to render 1 second of some scenes in the film Gravity it would take a normal house hold PC many many years. So yes that stuff is defo pre rendered.

Saying that though the film industry is starting to use tech that give a very basic pre render when filming to give directors a better understanding of what is going on. 

Yes ! Excuses Luke sorry again ! Thanks

for your patience  .

Edited by RAY-EU

55 minutes ago, 15th_JonRedcorn said:

So is this going to be the first flight sim with a more or less 1:1 creation of the jug? I know it's in older titles but the cockpit in the il2 1946 version is well, harsh, to say the least. I am curious what the poly counts are on these planes including cockpit and external 3d model. Heck there's more polys in the bolts and rivets than the entire 1946 version.

Sure looks like it, though I do notice some things like wiring missing from the current model and a few simplifications, but it's a wip so I'm sure it will be added later.

This will probably be the first accurate simulation of a P-47 that has ever been in a sim.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/paul-g-allens-messerschmitt-me-262-progress-report.html

Good timing

Hio devs, do you have plans to improve contacts visibility and the quality of clouds that are currently horrible?

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 2:25 PM, Veteran66 said:

for a good game we need not only new Maps and Planes, we need more possibilities for the Missions Editor and a better AI Command system for the Player.

And yes i love the game too :)

Yes. The game is amazing, but I wish there was a better multiplayer.

6 hours ago, 22GCT_PlaN said:

Hio devs, do you have plans to improve contacts visibility and the quality of clouds that are currently horrible?

If I were a dev I would say [edited] but I'm not a dev.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Lenguage
  • Upvote 2

LOL! Jason may be blunt, but I don´t think he´s that blunt.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Nice. He is correct though, visibility in certain situations is pretty bad, especially with the current cloud bug.

It's incredible to me that people have so much hate towards others that have differing opinions just because they think something isn't good or could be improved.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Thanks 1

I was going to say this but much more eloquently.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

5 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

Nice. He is correct though, visibility in certain situations is pretty bad, especially with the current cloud bug.

It's incredible to me that people have so much hate towards others that have differing opinions just because they think something isn't good or could be improved.

I didn't say he is wrong, and i agree that visibility and clouds can be improved.

But I simply cannot believe they way people are asking for improvements by insulting the devs existing work.

15 minutes ago, sevenless said:

LOL! Jason may be blunt, but I don´t think he´s that blunt.

Sometimes someone else has to say it, so the devs dont have to.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:08 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

Thanks for the reply, but I knew that. Rendering is the last step. The first step is to create the scenario (like with the mission builder) then all the flight trajectories, planes motions, combats etc. My question here is what kind of mission generator or flight simulation scene generator do they use in the film-making industry. I cannot imagine that they build a combat scene one frame at a time manually, putting the plane here, the other there etc. After all we could imagine to use our mission builder and then inject the commands onto the objects into a much higher ray traced graphic engine were the plane models are in a very high resolution with 32K textures etc. etc. 

5 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I didn't say he is wrong, and i agree that visibility and clouds can be improved.

But I simply cannot believe they way people are asking for improvements by insulting the devs existing work.

If something isn't good why call it good? In his  opinion the clouds and visibility are horrible, I wouldn't consider that an insult just because he used the word horrible. While I don't agree about the clouds, I do agree that visibility is quite horrible and needs improvement.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

If something isn't good why call it good? In his  opinion the clouds and visibility are horrible, I wouldn't consider that an insult just because he used the word horrible. While I don't agree about the clouds, I do agree that visibility is quite horrible and needs improvement.

I never said he should have qualified the clouds as "good". Just don't come to a forum they provide as a courtesy and insult their work. 

He could have easily said "are there any plans to improve visibility and clouds?"

There are many ways to ask for things we want (that we aren't owed btw).

I have high hopes for the 262.

Just watched this video which is a gold mine of information.

The high complexity of the engine management and the (automatic) start up procedure will I hope be simulated with high fidelity and It would be great to be able to switch from one fuel tank to the other to shift the center of gravity by consuming the fuel that is in the rear tank as explained here.

About fuel this potential challenge would be the occasion to finally simulate separate fuel tanks so that we don't leak everything from one punctured tank (which is implying the center of gravity shifting in the different planes) and maybe a push button to check the fuel content on planes such as the I-16 or Spitfire so we don't have to look at the panel for ages waiting for the info.

I might be a bit too optimistic but those two things would really change our virtual pilot lives and improve the overal quality of the sim.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

27 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I have high hopes for the 262.

Just watched this video which is a gold mine of information.

The high complexity of the engine management and the (automatic) start up procedure will I hope be simulated with high fidelity and It would be great to be able to switch from one fuel tank to the other to shift the center of gravity by consuming the fuel that is in the rear tank as explained here.

About fuel this potential challenge would be the occasion to finally simulate separate fuel tanks so that we don't leak everything from one punctured tank (which is implying the center of gravity shifting in the different planes) and maybe a push button to check the fuel content on planes such as the I-16 or Spitfire so we don't have to look at the panel for ages waiting for the info.

I might be a bit too optimistic but those two things would really change our virtual pilot lives and improve the overal quality of the sim.

Agreed 100%

An enhanced fuel system is sorely need in this sim. The ability to manually select tanks, modeling of separate fuel tanks and damage models, and a manual button press to see fuel level, would greatly improve the immersion for this sim imo.

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to find out if they are going to model the Riedel starter and it's accompanying "chainsaw motor" sound during startup for the Jumo 004. I don't recall hearing this modeled in any sim that had a 262 available. It is the pioneer (although primitive) of the modern jet APU. Both engines needed one as there was no such thing as a cross bleed start up procedure.  :cool:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

I don't recall hearing this modeled in any sim that had a 262 available.

IL2 1946

• Upvote 1

I think it's safe to assume at least another week, even though they said "End of month or early october". I'm all for being proven wrong though!

13 hours ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

I can't wait to find out if they are going to model the Riedel starter and it's accompanying "chainsaw motor" sound during startup for the Jumo 004.

I hope so too ! And why not ? On the fourth Me 262 screenshot of the last DD,  the handle of the Riedel starter seems visible (ok, barely visible : four or five pixels...) in front of the starboard Jumo004.😉4164C5D0-19B3-4914-AA70-998660376BBD.jpeg.23fc1debc8e3182e6fab85381e757618.jpegEF3B6410-C0C7-47D2-AC8B-CE72BE532D44.jpeg.b361cebddeab66a24efaa0eaa07270a7.jpeg

2 hours ago, catchthefoxes said:

Update soon?

This or next week according to DD 203

@=FB=VikS, I noticed in this screenshot that the armor plating says it's to be used in models up to the N-5. Was the N-5 in production at the same time as the D-28? I'm not sure that was the case:

EDIT: this page here says that the first YP-47N was completed in September 1944, so that notation about the N-5 on the armor plate should IMO be removed.

P47_3.jpg

Edited by LukeFF

34 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

@=FB=VikS, I noticed in this screenshot that the armor plating says it's to be used in models up to the N-5. Was the N-5 in production at the same time as the D-28? I'm not sure that was the case:

EDIT: this page here says that the first YP-47N was completed in September 1944, so that notation about the N-5 on the armor plate should IMO be removed.

P47_3.jpg

Good find, didnt even notice that.

The zipper teeth on the jacket of the pilot without the oxygen mask are not correctly aligned. They would snag if he tried to pull the zip up. Your attention to detail is slipping mein devs.

However the rounders on the camel have nice colours.