Han

Developer Diary 204 - Discussion

Fantastic update! Really looking forward to the fixes, changes, revised effects, and the Me262 looks beautiful! Then there's the P-47 cockpit which, after the mess of the one that was in the old IL-2, just looks amazing already. Can't wait!

• Upvote 1

What a wonderful update! I was more than pleased to read about the new effects and the gun dispersion fixes, and wasn't expecting any pictures this week - then I scrolled down and was hit by jet-powered, blissful beauty. Day saved, concentration lost. All I can think of is that beautiful shark...

Edited by Luftschiff

9 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Then there's the P-47 cockpit which, after the mess of the one that was in the old IL-2, just looks amazing already. Can't wait!

Yeah I think the P47 cockpit that was in the original IL2 was terribly ugly. Couldn't stand it.

I was really surprised at how much better it looks in IL2:GB.

Nice update!

The P-47 is a 27 or 30 model if I am not mistaken.

And until I have a frontal view of the 262 it seems to me that the fuselage of the 262 at the wing level is a little to narrow?! To see with real photos of the plane!

Great work. Tanks to the team. :salute:

Edited by senseispcc
correction
  • Confused 1

amazing news, fantasic looking aircraft. what's up with that single bombrack on the 262?

Awesome update.
A big thank you to the team

18 minutes ago, senseispcc said:

Nice update!

And until I have a frontal view of the 262 it seems to me that the fuselage of the 262 at the wing level is a little to narrow?! To see with real photos of the plane!

D-28 confirmed weeks ago :)

22 minutes ago, =EXPEND=Tripwire said:

Yeah I think the P47 cockpit that was in the original IL2 was terribly ugly. Couldn't stand it.

I was really surprised at how much better it looks in IL2:GB.

It actually wasn't finished but they shipped it anyways and they never did anything with it ever again.

Very cool.  Glad to have the realism tweaks on the dispersion.  It's fun to know things are as accurate as reasonably possible.  I hope the WW1 birds get the same eyes - not gameplay but realism.  

Love the eye candy too.

Thanks Devs.

Ceowulf<><

• Like 1

1 hour ago, senseispcc said:

Nice update!

It is the Perspektive my friend, check the other pics 

The new effects are very welcome and cant wait for the P47....beautifull and detailed cockpit there. For sure, Me 262 will be something special. Thanks!

Edited by blackram

Cockpit looking great for my favorite plane the P-47 wow! Original IL2 never did it justice.

Looks and sounds fantastico. So much to be excited about. I’ve thought the water hits were a bit underwhelming so can’t wait to see the improved version. Will ground hits be tweaked as well?  

The JUG :)

The fat mixture high altitude exhaust :) 

The ME 262 :) 

Hot DD indeed 

The JUG Pit looks marvelous

I do not mind a bit Hollywoodish ground hit effect , but when hitting planes I find those small puffs together with parts falling off and small subtile explosions rather exhilarating 

Edited by LuseKofte

I notice in one of the screenshots there is a switch that says "Water Injection Auto/Manual, as far as I know this was only on the N, I've never seen it in any manual for the D model. Will we be able to choose between automatic and manual water injection?

Automatic water injection was used on D-11 through D-20, it activated when throttle was 1/8 from full forward, later blocks had manual activation.

2 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

what's up with that single bombrack on the 262?

its gonna be an option for Me-262A-1a/Jabo - with two or one rack for 2x250 or one 500kg bombs, as well as w/o racks - as a "clear" fighter (A-1a) with optional R4M`s ;)

8 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

I notice in one of the screenshots there is a switch that says "Water Injection Auto/Manual, as far as I know this was only on the N, I've never seen it in any manual for the D model. Will we be able to choose between automatic and manual water injection?

its cause cockpit animations are WIP - and gyro handle for throttle aint visible (default handle on screenshots) - so its meant that when Gyro gunsight installed - water injection switch from default throttle (which one is on the top oh handle when regular gunsight installed) - are moved from throttle - just like N model had - as we just didnt have any photos/info about what happened with water injection switch - when it was a retro-fitted gyro sight for old airplanes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Upvote 6

20 minutes ago, =FB=VikS said:

its gonna be an option for Me-262A-1a/Jabo - with two or one rack for 2x250 or one 500kg bombs, as well as w/o racks - as a "clear" fighter (A-1a) with optional R4M`s ;)

its cause cockpit animations are WIP - and gyro handle for throttle aint visible (default handle on screenshots) - so its meant that when Gyro gunsight installed - water injection switch from default throttle - are moved from throttle - just like N model had - as we just didnt have any photos/info about what happened with water injection switch - when it was a retro-fitted gyro sight for old airplanes.

Ok cool, figured that was the reason. The N also has the ability for manual operation though I'm not sure how this was done.

EDIT:

Not sure but it looks like there is a water injection switch on the throttle in this pic from a restoration project. Not sure how correct it is though.

P47_1022.jpg

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 1

Thanks ! Very Good ! 

We Will miss the B-17 ‘S

Edited by RAY-EU
  • Haha 1

Great update on effects and gun disperssion as well. Was very frustrating to get sniped from 800m+ with ease by some planes..

About water effects on twin radiator planes looking foward about that improvements. Lets see if team is going to model also the self sealing tanks and the shut off valves on the 109s so that way you can keep all the water on one circuit so the plane dont loose all the cooling then damaging the engine. 

Is a simple system not modeled but important  that saved a lot of planes 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Looks great!

BTW, look at the callsign inscribed on the P-47's instrument panel - 777. :) 

1 hour ago, Legioneod said:

EDIT:

Not sure but it looks like there is a water injection switch on the throttle in this pic from a restoration project. Not sure how correct it is though.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I found the page that pic was taken from - Westpac Restorations - and I see they've installed some obviously modern equipment in that particular plane. Makes me wonder if that throttle is a wartime design or a modern creation.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Looks great!

BTW, look at the callsign inscribed on the P-47's instrument panel - 777. :) 

Hmm, that's a tough one. I found the page that pic was taken from - Westpac Restorations - and I see they've installed some obviously modern equipment in that particular plane. Makes me wonder if that throttle is a wartime design or a modern creation.

I was curious about that as well. I haven't seen that switch in any manual or historical photograph so it's best to ignore it imo.

• Upvote 1

You guys are on a roll with these DDs!! 😋Bodenplatte will seriously turn out to be something really special, can’t wait!! The 47 is something I’m especially excited for! 

Coming from a Fw-190 I must admit that the P47 has quite a messy office 😄

Good work, the 262 looks like a dream!

• Upvote 1

Another great update.  Thank you team BOX, very much looking forward to my new P47 office, even if messy, you should see my RL office:lol:

• Haha 1