Willy__

WINGS OF LIBERTY (WOL)

Since the official topic is nowhere to be found, I'm making this one.

Had a sortie, landed and had a break to go the bathroom and quick grab something to drink and when I get back, one retard starts to shoot me with flares as soon as I spawn, please ban the bad guy:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3546115/?tour=39

retard.JPG

Edited by Willy__

What the hell happened to the WOL thread?  The thread concerning the most populated server in the game disappears without ANY explanation?  Shouldn't there be some explanation?   Mods have had no problems before in explaining why threads were locked, etc.. Why the change in policy now?

untill old WoL topic reapers this one is good enought i guess,

any plans on more 1944 missions like vitebsk, i liked Dukla Pass 1944 mission in old 1946 AoE server, maybe use kuban mountain area for it and we could use few BoBp airplanes there also
https://www.themaparchive.com/the-dukla-pass-8-september30-november-1944.html
dukla_map.jpg

planset that mission had on 1946 df server

Spoiler

AviaB534
Il-2M_Late 
Il-2_3 
Il-4 
La-5F     
La-5FN     
La-7     
P-39Q-1     
P-51B-NA 
P-51D-5NT 
Pe-2series359 
S-328 
Yak-3    
Yak-9    
Yak-9D    
Yak-9T    
vs
Bf-109G-6    
Bf-109G-6_Late    
Bf-109G-10    
Bf-109G-14
Fw-190A-4    
Fw-190A-5    
Fw-190A-6    
Fw-190F-8    
Hs-129B-2    
Hs-129B-3/Wa    
Ju-87D-5    
Ju-87G-1    
Ju-88A-4    
Ju-88C-6
He-111-16    
Me-210Ca-1    
Fi-156    

DenLarik on DefenseOfMoscow41mw mission there is bug with report of what target is geting attaked. 

When red Raiway station objective gets attacked report message says 1818.5 railway station is under attack, but there is no target objective there. It is probably reporting this wrong position when 2419.5 railway objective is bombed.

I entered in WoL yesterday at 21 o'clock (-3 UTC) and only aircrafts left was bombers.
I would like to fly aircraft that I want to.

The aircraft limitations may be a little bit less rigorous!

It's just my opinion, i don't want to be rude, okay.

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp

Today on the Kuban map, where the Germans dropped some paratrooper on the mountain top there was a bomb damage decal floating near the drop zone. Requiem and I thought it was a bogey until I flew by it.

1421775009_WOLdamagedecalfloating.thumb.jpg.4376baa19dbe8e334bb43247c91caa3d.jpg

A short while later an eager lone 109 guy came to pay us a visit. I mismanaged my engine with my radiator 100% open, not sure what I did wrong, but I overheated. So I head SW down a valley. Fritz swooped down on the cripple streaming white vapor (me), but he was unable to draw a bead on me. Up and over for another loop, I bailed out as he pulled up while my Yak continued along in a wings level Idle power glide. Fritz bore in with hate in his heart, eyes big as saucers, guns blazing as my Yak filled his windscreen.

186907856_LWfangsout.thumb.jpg.9eaee2994d932eddb2d3c8edf61379e9.jpg

Notice his finger is still holding down the trigger after the impact. Probably the death grip as his brain hasn't informed the rest of his body he's dead.

1739041531_LWfangsandguns.thumb.jpg.4c369a5d3e0ec5f234107f74c5481749.jpg

Requiem closing on the 109 to protect me, hadn't seen me bail out and lamented, " he rammed you." I was like..."No, he missed me." Then I started laughing. Fritz killed himself.

709411971_Requiemsviewofmidair.thumb.jpg.465702f442824acc96b65b65ae73d4d4.jpg

Edited by busdriver
  • Like 1

server just crashed on OperationKoltso43sw-WL-305-01ns mission, and it crashed my game by doing so, and my tm8s also, its not useal crash when it kicked you in main mulltiplayer screan whole game just closed (never saw that before), anyone els had this also when server crashed?

Player-1859 or better known as boaty_McBoatface i.e. every one's favorite disconnector when things either get tough before getting shot or after getting terminal damage is back at it again disconnecting like it is going out of fashion.

It seems that he has no self respect and will not change and maybe it is time for something more permanent has to be done about this despicable behaviour?

kenmai, Bilbo, boaty_McBoatface, Breda, Player-9858, Boaty_McBoatFace, Boss-, StuG_IV, ken-, helmut-, BossTM, 73_temujin, 1./TG1_B0SS, boaty_Mcboatface, Player-0190, Cunt_thumper, B0SS, Yak7b, Helmut438, Vercingetorix, Ken_, Bitte_ein_Bit, Temujin, Player-8369, toddventura89, Temujin*, boaty_mcboatface, Kanpai, temujin*, Player-9277, gepard, tony_v, ken*, Van_Leiden, temujin, Vanleiden, Cretin, Rigsby-, Blackthorn, Jan_Van_Leiden, VK-105, Ken-, Wagakki, boaty_McBoatFace, Player-73682, Jan_VanLeiden, Frank*, Helmut_438, Krombacher, Tanoshinde, cunt_thumper, Davey, sturmgeschutz, Player-0420, ASh-82, bilbo, Asahi_super_dry, Player-7681, Cunt_Thumper, LaGG-3, JG54_Helmut, StuG_

• Upvote 2

Thanks for vitebsk44 map introducing G-14 and A-8

howewer there is not enough A8

put at least more jabos F8, there was plenty of them ;)

• Upvote 1

Hi gents, Denlarik,

Good map selection on the server now! Wondering if it's possible we could see more early 41 maps? Lest we forget!

Early war maps have been good fun with some spectacular fights above the water and shipping areas. A real pleasure. Good to see the old i16s whizzing about too...

Denlarik,

Operation Koltso43 appears on the main WOL as being called this and use to have 110 G2s and the A-5.  However, when you start the game the in game title has been changed to Koltso42 and the A5 and the 110 G2s have been removed.  Was there any particular reason for removing these aircraft then changing it to 42 as I've noticed that the Yak-7b (series 36) is still available for the Jan 42 period? Is this correct as I always assumed that the series 36 was very much a 43 aircraft.

However, I might have my facts wrong.

Regards  

On 10/4/2018 at 1:39 AM, Haza said:

Denlarik,

Operation Koltso43 appears on the main WOL as being called this and use to have 110 G2s and the A-5.  However, when you start the game the in game title has been changed to Koltso42 and the A5 and the 110 G2s have been removed.  Was there any particular reason for removing these aircraft then changing it to 42 as I've noticed that the Yak-7b (series 36) is still available for the Jan 42 period? Is this correct as I always assumed that the series 36 was very much a 43 aircraft.

However, I might have my facts wrong.

Regards  

Pretty sure they showed up summer 42

is this alowed on server?, happend to me first time today as usealy players dont strafe you on ground after they got you in air from my expiriance on this server,

i crash landed after 109 damaged me, and then i see from stats that 2x109s (=EXPEND=OttoGaiser and 1/LG1-BiggieB ) strafed me after i was on ground and killed my pilot before i was able to finish the sortie.

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3614274/?tour=40

i expected something like this on taw but first time i see it on wol, no respect to fellow players by thouse two it seams :(

Do you truly expect respect in war from the enemy players?  😯

Personally, I wouldn't strafe a plane I had downed. If the pilot(s) survives, good for him. I would want that opportunity also. I guess I do have some scruples. 

i for sure didnt exect this behavior from thouse guys untill this happend

Edited by 77.CountZero

54 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

is this alowed on server?, happend to me first time today as usealy players dont strafe you on ground after they got you in air from my expiriance on this server,

i crash landed after 109 damaged me, and then i see from stats that 2x109s (=EXPEND=OttoGaiser and 1/LG1-BiggieB ) strafed me after i was on ground and killed my pilot before i was able to finish the sortie.

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3614274/?tour=40

i expected something like this on taw but first time i see it on wol, no respect to fellow players by thouse two it seams :(

Lol its WOL where player lives dont matter..
and i was flying with them it was funny in comms when it happened.

also shooting pilots on the ground would depend on the war and who fighting who
if you trying to irradicate your enemy so they no longer a race then yeah shoot anything that moves. 0-100 years old.

Hey Denlarik,

@=E95=DenLarik

Could you please get your mission builder to check why the WeaponMods in your missions for a number of planes, especially the 109's - is set to 0.

"WMMask = 0"

@Matt has identified a potential issue with a large number of your missions that could be triggering a bug that results in planes not being able to fire.

The GUI does not provide the ability to set WMMask = 0; If all slots are set to empty it is WMMask = 1;

mission1.thumb.PNG.5a1f472aa0162f8ad6e727ee83315f87.PNG

Thanks Vachik

So, trying to use google translate to read the posts there, it sounds like at some stage in the past the editor set the values to 0?

Possibly around the time that there were loadout restriction issues I guess?

Thats frustrating that Den is banned... wonder what for?

If you load into a plane right now with WWMask = 0 and don't touch the loadout - the ammo bug is triggered on Wings of Liberty

From the translation sounds like you will be fixing it?

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/fr/pilot/26439/Mohamed_Atta/

There is a guy flying with name "Mohamed Atta" right now on the server...

This name is the name of a terrorist of September 11th, he was leading the commando which hijacked the planes.

Apology of terrorism. Please ban him

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Atta

Edited by StaB/Tomio_VR***
  • Upvote 2

On 10/28/2018 at 10:00 AM, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/fr/pilot/26439/Mohamed_Atta/

There is a guy flying with name "Mohamed Atta" right now on the server...

This name is the name of a terrorist of September 11th, he was leading the commando which hijacked the planes.

Apology of terrorism. Please ban him

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Atta

Sadly I doubt anything will be done as there is a disrespectful squad called "lil jebbies and the 911 jumpers".

Edited by Garven_Dreis

Denlarik,

Are there problems with the new map  Eltigenoperation43Ksum stats? I played 2 sorties and on the first sortie, I landed and re-spawned.  However, the stats are showing that I died during the first sortie when I was already playing my second sortie!

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sorties/5533/Haza/?tour=41

Regards

H

I'm a new player and accidentally shot down a friendly, I got a 15 minute ban but it keeps resetting?

5 hours ago, pegg00 said:

I'm a new player and accidentally shot down a friendly, I got a 15 minute ban but it keeps resetting?

Has happened to me.  I restarted my computer and it was fixed

• Upvote 1

Will the Wings of Liberty server eventually start hosting the Battle of Bodenplatte map and aircraft set when it becomes available?

Edited by SVTONY

mission runing now on server is unplayable, constant (every 5-10s) messages that multiplayer is unstable and admins should be contacted... for last 1h on mission,

North42ssum

On 10/29/2018 at 6:35 PM, Garven_Dreis said:

Ridiculous this doesn't count as a kill.

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/sortie/log/3663804/?tour=40

Yep, but that's a limitation of current game mechanics, its happened to others too.

Lets hope a future update will help with stuff like this... (I'm sure it will)

Treat it like in ww2/1 as an unconfirmed kill (happened all the time to pilots in the war)

2 hours ago, Stix_09 said:

Yep, but that's a limitation of current game mechanics, its happened to others too.

Lets hope a future update will help with stuff like this... (I'm sure it will)

Game mechanics does not really limit it; for example TAW counts this kind of situation (disconnecting after damage) as kill/loss. Vaal has chosen not to do that in his statistics system. Anyway, there is indeed a future update coming in the game itself that will help with stuff like this. Quote from the latest DD:

The victory, on the other hand, will be awarded if the scored hits were followed by the mission exit or disconnect in multiplayer, 'aircraft lost' event or the landing far from an allied airfield.

Edited by II./JG77_Kemp
  • Upvote 1

There have been mass disconnects multiple times when playing any map.

-If there is a ping spike for the whole US server then then everyone will be ejected.

-It seems like this might be an issue with the new system of ping regulation. If your not able to go back to the old system of kicking people with bad connection - you might be able add a longer detection time for bad ping b4 kicking to keep from booting everyone off the map.

Admins must do something...

Server and maps is constantly overloaded when server is full

It has turned impossible to fly in team this past time at evening (european time) because of regular disco of many players...

Until this is done, i will go to Knight of the Air because this server is much more stable

• Thanks 1