Willy__

WINGS OF LIBERTY (WOL)

Good luck with that! I got a 14 minute ban for similar that has, so far, lasted about a week and a half! I have tried posting on the forums, pm'ing anyone I can think of and even located and pm'd the admin. STILL BANNED!

7 hours ago, HaunterHero said:

I was banned after accidentally shooting the tail of my plane with the rear gun on the BF110 and was banned for a week because of it. I have a video from my stream as proof of the incident. If an admin is able to help me out I would really appreciate it.

6 hours ago, 69TH_Pug said:

Good luck with that! I got a 14 minute ban for similar that has, so far, lasted about a week and a half! I have tried posting on the forums, pm'ing anyone I can think of and even located and pm'd the admin. STILL BANNED!

I ask , and admin replay:

"for HaunterHero - 1 week

for 69TH_PUG - 3 week

for 69th_LuckyHawk - 2 week

69TH a lot of checks done...

It's automaticly ban for gunner, one crew member = 1 week"

http://il2war.ru/index.php?showtopic=1003&p=31870

18 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

I ask , and admin replay:

"for HaunterHero - 1 week

for 69TH_PUG - 3 week

for 69th_LuckyHawk - 2 week

69TH a lot of checks done...

It's automaticly ban for gunner, one crew member = 1 week"

http://il2war.ru/index.php?showtopic=1003&p=31870

so they can't lift the ban? that's ridicules obviously mistakes like this will happen so why start issuing bans like that, especially with such a small community to start with. in the mission editor you can just make friendly fire damage reflected so IDK why they would allow this kind of sensitive auto banning.

I messaged an admin too and I never got a reply.

Thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it.

Edited by HaunterHero

On 1/12/2019 at 1:05 AM, HaunterHero said:

so they can't lift the ban? that's ridicules obviously mistakes like this will happen so why start issuing bans like that, especially with such a small community to start with. in the mission editor you can just make friendly fire damage reflected so IDK why they would allow this kind of sensitive auto banning.

I messaged an admin too and I never got a reply.

Thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it.

Try another server!

• Like 1

Can we have a parallel WOL hosted in the us? how much it would cost? can we all put some money to make it possible? 

• Upvote 1

Last night, a player in a Mig-3 took to repeatedly shooting up RedHawk's Pe-2 and ignoring the friendly fire warnings.  Said Mig-3 pissed me off to the point that I TRIED to kill him with my Yak-1 and didn't care about the ban. Hence, The Pe-2 was shot up and the Mig was shot up (but didn't go in), but no bans were handed out.  Meanwhile, tail gunners accidentally hit the tail of their plane and get banned....

Seriously, Wings of Lagerty is a laggy, unmoderated, piece of sh-t of a server.  Why the bulk of the community gravitates to it is beyond me.  Aren't there other servers with better mission maps, planes and ping?  KOTA is set up pretty good, but everybody abandons it for WoL the moment a map appears that doesn't have the uber 109K4 or P-47.  

Seriously, the Unprofessionals server, for me, has 100 ping higher than WoL does and I don't get the lag issues I see on WoL.  That's saying something.

I belive they made changes to FF after players complains and now it takes two offence to get automaticly baned.

I dont think they pay mutch atention on this forum, they have their own forum and if you post there response is quick, took me some eime to fuiger that out and since then i can bather them all day long with small and irelavant questions and requests and they will respond to them no mather how stupid or uninform i look.

7 hours ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

Last night, a player in a Mig-3 took to repeatedly shooting up RedHawk's Pe-2 and ignoring the friendly fire warnings.  Said Mig-3 pissed me off to the point that I TRIED to kill him with my Yak-1 and didn't care about the ban. Hence, The Pe-2 was shot up and the Mig was shot up (but didn't go in), but no bans were handed out.  Meanwhile, tail gunners accidentally hit the tail of their plane and get banned....

Seriously, Wings of Lagerty is a laggy, unmoderated, piece of sh-t of a server.  Why the bulk of the community gravitates to it is beyond me.  Aren't there other servers with better mission maps, planes and ping?  KOTA is set up pretty good, but everybody abandons it for WoL the moment a map appears that doesn't have the uber 109K4 or P-47.  

Seriously, the Unprofessionals server, for me, has 100 ping higher than WoL does and I don't get the lag issues I see on WoL.  That's saying something.

I was banned for 3 WEEKS for a first offense of friendly fire. I didn't know anything about the ban until I tried to log on the next day! I didn't find out the length of the ban until someone else finally got a mod to respond. After the mod response, my length suddenly vanished and I was reinstated after only a week.

Server has been extremely and excessively laggy since the last patch.  The Delayed/Outdated hit received message playing anywhere from 5-15+ seconds out and spamming chat makes it virtually unplayable.

Not sure what changed, but it's a night and day difference now...I can't enjoy playing on the server now where as it was never an issue before.

Edited by =Elite=BlitzPuppet

4 hours ago, =Elite=BlitzPuppet said:

Server has been extremely and excessively laggy since the last patch.  The Delayed/Outdated hit received message playing anywhere from 5-15+ seconds out and spamming chat makes it virtually unplayable.

Not sure what changed, but it's a night and day difference now...I can't enjoy playing on the server now where as it was never an issue before.

its like that for last 2 months now, if you just noticed it you were lucky to play on not heavy missions.

Just now finish playing on laggy mission North42ssum, and after red destroy half of objectives mission was playable, but then red destroy other hal of objectives and mission was over, so first half you have outdated messages and delays and lags, and then after 45-1h all is ok for 30min before red won.

Server admins dont wont to change missions as they worked with no problem before 3.007 update so we have to wait for fix from devs or just avoid laggy missions.

If you join and see outdated messages in chat, go for ground targets and when good number of them is destroy mission will be ok, or just do brake for 1h and come back when good number of targets get destroy. 

Edited by 77.CountZero

On 1/23/2019 at 3:00 PM, 77.CountZero said:

its like that for last 2 months now, if you just noticed it you were lucky to play on not heavy missions.

I first noticed it after the last patch.  Just haven't been playing as much recently, and will continue not to until it's fixed.

I must say I like the slow introduction of developer options being allowed. I like the idea that the airfield far from the front have the mods too - that seems plausible to me.

Keep up the good work!

Clan "RedStrapONs" "have abused the voting function. EGORIK and PROFESSOR do it every time they see us.

If we have negligence, we have an intention to rectify. But they never try to explain.

RedStrapONs_PROFESSOR tried to vote for NBSI today too, moreover did Intentional disconnect...

Does anyone know why they hate us?

(2 Feb.)  now, I understand why they do that and it seemed quite stupid to pursue them.

Edited by =NBSI=WINECUP
Additional notes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

Is there online page for WoL server without GPS ?

dont expect it as they say its just active on events when i ask few days ago if thats their 2nd 24/7 server

12 hours ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

I believe it’s because KOTA maps are just too big for most folks who don’t want a Berloga fist fight, but yet don’t want a long haul slog to the frontline. KOTA is definitely a far better quality server in all regards.

I have always thought most people went to WoL because they don't know how to navigate yet.   That is fine, it can be tricky at first, but the result is an odd mix of 80% newbies that need GPS to find the targets and get home and 20% experienced players who go there just to film themselves killing newbies.   

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

13 hours ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

I believe it’s because KOTA maps are just too big for most folks who don’t want a Berloga fist fight, but yet don’t want a long haul slog to the frontline. KOTA is definitely a far better quality server in all regards.

LOL this is gold coming from guy whos almost always flying on WoL so he can vulch players on tak off and landings and make their expiriance as worst as posible on server, by going directly to enemy take of base and vulches players and then kamikazi in flaks, constantly changing his nickname doing so, your the example of bad behaving players and trolls ppl talk about.

http://il2stat.aviaskins.com:8008/en/pilot/7460/Player-15685/?tour=43

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/profile/95551-player-15685/

what you had to make 2nd forum acount so ppl dont see its you on server when you change nicks so offten lol

34 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I have always thought most people went to WoL because they don't know how to navigate yet.   That is fine, it can be tricky at first, but the result is an odd mix of 80% newbies that need GPS to find the targets and get home and 20% experienced players who go there just to film themselves killing newbies.   

GPS was turn of last few tests and that 2nd server with same missions but no GPS was full while 1st one with GPS was half full or empty at that time, your putting to mutch value in GPS averadge skill player can fly with no GPS on 20m and fined all he need and come back with no problem, they can turn off GPS and would not lose anything in popularity, server is popular as it was first to offer this quick simple and balanced MP enviroment, it has close targets, balanced missions, and atleast 20 players most of time so others just join it by default, if another server with similar concept show up (preferably in USA) and had 20 ppl on it most of time it would be as popular as WoL and took it over in no time. But you can have same missions and no ppl on server and no one will check it out, or make it to complex or to unbalanced so only thing ppl come to see is new airplanes WoL still dont offer... server is nothing special its like any other fast food server in previous games and its popular for same reasons, its to this game what atag server was for clod or what spitsvs109s or warclouds were for il-2 1946.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

LOL this is gold coming from guy whos almost always flying on WoL so he can vulch players on tak off and landings and make their expiriance as worst as posible on server, by going directly to enemy take of base and vulches players and then kamikazi in flaks, constantly changing his nickname doing so, your the example of bad behaving players and trolls ppl talk about.

Pretty sure sock puppet accounts are against forum rules.  You should have seen the obscenities in chat that he directed at BBQ just a couple of nights ago.  This happened in Mission #12930

Do the server admins even check this thread?

Edited by =AVG77=Garven

4 hours ago, =AVG77=Garven said:

Pretty sure sock puppet accounts are against forum rules.  You should have seen the obscenities in chat that he directed at BBQ just a couple of nights ago.  This happened in Mission #12930

Do the server admins even check this thread?

probably not offten best bet is just post on thier forum if there is any problems you need to be adresed

1 hour ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

That's our sortie on WOL NO GPS version!

Despite a catastrophic take-off, that was a fantastic drop on the AF. Thanks for the vid! 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Well, when I wrote my discontent with WoL, I was unaware that they had their own site to discuss issues and concerns on.  I was under the impression that WoL was completely run by a 'phantom' admin and there was zero moderation.  After learning differently, I did back off my harsh stance to WoL. 

It has it's problems, sure.  In-server moderation is zero, and obviously, there are a large group of players who would rather get into Rugby matches than Chess matches.  Follow that up with the fact that most other players just want to go where the people are, and it makes sense.  I don't fully care for it, but I'm not going to continue attacking it. 

As far as KOTA goes, I like much about it, but I find my normal flying time is during times it's abandoned, or so Axis-heavy that joining Allies alone or with less than 5 others is just a recipe for frustration.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

As far as KOTA goes, I like much about it, but I find my normal flying time is during times it's abandoned, or so Axis-heavy that joining Allies alone or with less than 5 others is just a recipe for frustration.  

I think the question is, if KOTA had closer  flight distances, not dissimilar to WOL, would people then gravitate towards there instead? Somehow, I'm not even sure they would. WOL in this regard has a good balance, I think that's why it has the vast majority of player population. 

RGDS

Edited by Bilbo_Baggins

15 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

I think the question is, if KOTA had closer  flight distances, not dissimilar to WOL, would people then gravitate towards there instead? Somehow, I'm not even sure they would. 

That is a good question.  No GPS, and some nicely-built targets are thing I like about it.  People being stuck on plane set balance and what should be locked for weapons sets isn't really KOTA admins problem. 

Rules enforcement or unclear rules that seems go with how the moderators are feeling that day and whether or not they like you, plus the recurring "respect your opponent" message that pops up on the top of the screen, are things I don't like.  Sure, it a good ideal to follow but, FFS I don't need to be preached to.

• Upvote 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:26 AM, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

That is a good question.  No GPS, and some nicely-built targets are thing I like about it.  People being stuck on plane set balance and what should be locked for weapons sets isn't really KOTA admins problem. 

Rules enforcement or unclear rules that seems go with how the moderators are feeling that day and whether or not they like you, plus the recurring "respect your opponent" message that pops up on the top of the screen, are things I don't like.  Sure, it a good ideal to follow but, FFS I don't need to be preached to.

I've heard that SCG are starting their own BOS server so this might be of interest to you! I notice that Count Zero mentions ATAG server as an example, however, we have seen what has happened to ATAG with CLOD and indeed they have now reduced their server commitment from 2 to 1, yet most nights the ATAG server is empty, so things do move on and server Admins shouldn't become too cocky thinking that they own the MP game base.

I guess at the end of the day, servers have to move with the times and feed what the players want, but I guess no matter what the server(s) offer(s), most players will join a MP with the most number of guys in that server.  I'm finding that WOL has now just become the same thing, day in day out, with reds attacking at tree top height with very little resistance owing to issues such as the rear gunners, as already discussed!  However, with just about every Blue load out option locked on most maps, perhaps a new server like SCG might address this and hence influence WOL and indeed we might even see a BOS ATAG server (I for one hope so as their CLOD servers were good).

However, at the end of the month, WOL stats clearly demonstrate that reds easily win by at least a min of 2:1, yet little is done to either try and level this up or address this issue, as might happen in TAW, but I guess perhaps WOL admins believe that there is very little competition or need, so why bother as it would appear that the blue interest in winning is no longer there anyway!

The one time that the blue team started to win was when all of the locks were unlocked and when blue started to win it appeared that the admins were very quick to jump on this and the locks were re-introduced, so I'm unsure as to why there appears to be a lack of interest in trying to keep the sides level now that reds win continually, but I guess when you have the server numbers, there is no requirement and you can keep patting yourself on the back!  However, it is interesting to see how the numbers are drained when TAW is in play!

As an ex 100% red player (prior to the blue FM being addressed and keeping sides level), I really have little interest in which side wins, but after a while watching the same outcomes has caused my interest in BoS to actually wane to the point where I can now go days without even bothering to log on!  Therefore, hopefully as the official BoBP release approaches we might see newer servers that might appeal to the needs of the players and address what they want, to give greater choice from the various servers and as such cause a ripple effect across the other servers, before we see the end of Il2, because it has become to boring and predictable.

Regards

On 1/22/2019 at 3:50 AM, Tes said:

Can we have a parallel WOL hosted in the us? how much it would cost? can we all put some money to make it possible? 

Perhaps you could/should send an email to all of the South American players and ask them for their help!?

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 2

Got banned while I was a gunner and pilot bailed right into my shots that i fired at the trailing bf109...

On 2/9/2019 at 3:42 AM, Haza said:

However, at the end of the month, WOL stats clearly demonstrate that reds easily win by at least a min of 2:1, yet little is done to either try and level this up or address this issue...

Haza, you are spot on - the problem is not on the server side, but the developer/history

I will say I think the developers have done a great job and continue to improve the game.

The IL-2 (...which is a free aircraft) can easily take on 5 or more tanks in a single sortie. There isn't anything comparable on the German side (...which is historic) so if you are a mud mover, the IL-2 is the plane for most. As the developers made the Hs 129 B-2 is a collectors aircraft so you won't see enough of those on any server to make a difference. So, the Crux of it all is IL-2 BoX is a ground war based game, thus the side with the better aircraft suited for this task will win most of the time (the 2:1 ratio is proof of that). The cases where the BLUE side wins, it's usually because the RED side have ran out of aircraft (my guess is fighters).

The Ju 87, Ju 88 and He 111s provided and decent for their task - but they are all pretty easy to bring down. I can't say the same for the Pe-2 and A-20 and their hyper accurate gunners. The developers should build in better (more realistic) dispersion of fire especially when under attack. While I was in the USMC, I fired a .50 Cal mounted to a hummer and that wasn't the easiest to hit anything with - let alone mounting one on a aircraft than is not only buffeting from the turbulence and the pilots maneuvering but the fact that there is an enemy aircraft firing at you. When you hear the world "lay down suppressing fire", that's to keep the other person from firing - it's human instinct to take cover - ai gunners should pause "sometimes"  to simulate this human reaction. 

That said - we just have to take this for what it's worth - a game to pass time and allow us to live out our fantasies of being a WWII pilot, until someone else comes out with something better.

27 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Haza, you are spot on - the problem is not on the server side, but the developer/history

I will say I think the developers have done a great job and continue to improve the game.

The IL-2 (...which is a free aircraft) can easily take on 5 or more tanks in a single sortie. There isn't anything comparable on the German side (...which is historic) so if you are a mud mover, the IL-2 is the plane for most. As the developers made the Hs 129 B-2 is a collectors aircraft so you won't see enough of those on any server to make a difference. So, the Crux of it all is IL-2 BoX is a ground war based game, thus the side with the better aircraft suited for this task will win most of the time (the 2:1 ratio is proof of that). The cases where the BLUE side wins, it's usually because the RED side have ran out of aircraft (my guess is fighters).

The Ju 87, Ju 88 and He 111s provided and decent for their task - but they are all pretty easy to bring down. I can't say the same for the Pe-2 and A-20 and their hyper accurate gunners. The developers should build in better (more realistic) dispersion of fire especially when under attack. While I was in the USMC, I fired a .50 Cal mounted to a hummer and that wasn't the easiest to hit anything with - let alone mounting one on a aircraft than is not only buffeting from the turbulence and the pilots maneuvering but the fact that there is an enemy aircraft firing at you. When you hear the world "lay down suppressing fire", that's to keep the other person from firing - it's human instinct to take cover - ai gunners should pause "sometimes"  to simulate this human reaction. 

That said - we just have to take this for what it's worth - a game to pass time and allow us to live out our fantasies of being a WWII pilot, until someone else comes out with something better.

LOL nah, it's because nobody on the AXIS team bothers flying anything besides 109's or 190's. Has nothing to do with the equipment and everything to do with the players. Think I am lying? Go look at a map where they have a specific airbase for ground attack planes and you'll see 3-5 people spawning there compared to 20 on the airfields with fighters. It ain't your gear that's not right it's the people using it. Not to mention when the CIA boys are on they run a damn riot and clear house. Nobody can barely touch them.

Edited by 392FS_Jred
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Although what u said is factor X-Man tgat is by far not the reL reason LW loses. I see over and over again ... like Jred said, LW dont bother using bombers or ground attackers. I flew a few sorties as a 110 a few days ago and saw that first hand. In the airfield I spawned in, 9 out of 10 ac that spawned was a fighter. I also kept requesting cover in chat and nobody answers ever ... there is little support for the ground attacking guys. Proof of that is when WOL allowed fighters to carry bombs. The LW started to win all the time because 90% of the players fly only fighters

• Upvote 1

I echo what thouse 2 before said, and also mostly good organaised axis bomber guys play on taw where destroying ground targets and wining mission mathers, on WoL realy not many care who win or lose as it dosent mather at all in the end, its just fast df server nothing more, and as that mostly atractive to fighter players and few rokie bomber guys.

Also im always on wol ts3 and i can see everytime 20-30 red players all in one channel and thouse players are playing to go for objectives, they have expirianced GA guys and fighter players who have no problem escorting them over enemy terain (something that axis lack, they mostly just sit over their objectives ).

To think that what you see in how objectives are geting destroyed on wol is devs falt is delusional. 110 and ju88 are not any wors then il-2s and pe2s for destroying objectves in wol. If thouse same russian ppl i see on ts3 playing on red side, played on axis side, axis would win all time.

37 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

I echo what thouse 2 before said, and also mostly good organaised axis bomber guys play on taw where destroying ground targets and wining mission mathers, on WoL realy not many care who win or lose as it dosent mather at all in the end, its just fast df server nothing more, and as that mostly atractive to fighter players and few rokie bomber guys.

Also im always on wol ts3 and i can see everytime 20-30 red players all in one channel and thouse players are playing to go for objectives, they have expirianced GA guys and fighter players who have no problem escorting them over enemy terain (something that axis lack, they mostly just sit over their objectives ).

To think that what you see in how objectives are geting destroyed on wol is devs falt is delusional. 110 and ju88 are not any wors then il-2s and pe2s for destroying objectves in wol. If thouse same russian ppl i see on ts3 playing on red side, played on axis side, axis would win all time.

No 111 love?  Killed two fighters with it last night.  1 with bombs, the other with the gunners.

8 hours ago, Trefftz_Plane said:

No 111 love?  Killed two fighters with it last night.  1 with bombs, the other with the gunners.

111 is slower then ju88 and pe2, also if your aim is not to go for objectives but just to trool ppl by bombing them when they spawn on their base like you do in that mission then i dont care what you do and i hope you get shoot down anytime you play with bomber. There is more then few axis bomber guys who fly bombers on wol just to bomb players spawning on airbase, and limitations of game where you cant place many AAA on spawn bases to stop vulchers and trolls (as you then dont have many to protect objectives) and even they have small number of AI airplanes that get activated to intercept ppl like you over bases, ai is realy stupid and cant prevent anything and is just easy points for bomber bombing players spawning.

X-Man this trefz or woodrowwilson_pr guy is one more example of why axis dont win, their bombers would rather bomb players spawning on bases then go for objectives, few times i would see valkyrie, pokemons, bilbo, ... just waisting airplanes on axis side just so they can bomb or vulch players spawning and then axis lose that mission on airplanes lost count. But yes its easy to blaim it on devs LOL. Its comon to see whole mission when your on red that both of your airbases are under constant attacks by kamikazi troolls, who just waist recorces of axis side.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

X-Man this trefz or woodrowwilson_pr guy is one more example of why axis dont win, their bombers would rather bomb players spawning on bases then go for objectives,

That is the „problem“. You should actually be able to take out airfields. In a real war, that is one of the first targets you go for. Also, if the server has the sides stacked very unevenly, you will not win the map anyway. Putting a bomb in them when they sit in the traffic jam on their airfield is a fair strategy then, as you reduce number of available enemy aircraft by destroying them. You know, after being seal clubbed by a gang on TS, putting a 1800 kg bomb in them is not so bad.

Also Kamikaze is a „fair“ strategy, as it is commonly used in a real war. That is also where the name comes from. Soldiers ARE expendable.

Just punishing everybody not adhering to your taste (remember, with your skill you compare to only very few of what make out the population on WoL) you will hardly increase general wellfare. I‘d say you much rather give more reward to completing mission objectives. A destroyed train just gives as many points as any train destroyed. If you rewarded for taking out that train that was also the mission objective, then more would do that. If you manage to make mission objectives more attractive than those giving you a hard time you have what you want as well.

4 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

CountZero,

That might be the case, however, looking at the stats and the number of ground targets destroyed by Blues over the months where Blue have lost, the numbers would suggest that blue do a little bit more ground attacking than you think as the numbers are not that vastly different in the grand scheme of things.  However, with the current locks in place regarding the Blue side, there is little if any incentive for blue players to get the opportunity to drop the big stuff, nor do they have the abilities of the Pe-2 gunners that has been discussed on numerous occasions. 

However, if you are correct in what you are saying, then unlocking all of the blue locks will not change anything, so why not unlock everything, as you have nothing to fear?

Regards