Han

Developer Diary 203 - Discussion

Just now, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Today we'll tell you a bit about what awaits us (and you) in the near future.

First, we plan to publish the new update soon, at the end of this month or at the beginning of October, that will bring numerous fixes and improvements for the existing stuff...

New Bodenplatte aircraft, Bf 109 K-4 and P-47D-28, will be released to Early Access later this Autumn. New Po-2 Collector Plane and two WWI aircraft for Flying Circus Early Access, Pfalz D.IIIa and Sopwith Camel, will follow before the end of the year, provided we don't run into unexpected problems. Meanwhile, we're also working on the new Marschal mode for multiplayer which should make it more interesting and refreshing for all multiplayer oriented users of our projects.

New tank models take a lot of time to develop, so Tank Crew customers will get their new toys early next year...

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 13

As always fantastic news!!!

Its like Christmas!! When i saw that PzKpfw III i thought it was a model kit.😁

Nice details, looking forward to

Panzer marsch!

Edited by Yankee_One

Great news as always. Looking forward to the new EA planes which are coming soon.

Thankyou @Han I notice you mention multiplayer stability for tank missions, does this mean the recent findings in my dserver instability thread is correct in that its being caused by tanks doing things they shouldnt?

Looking good, can't wait to fly those new planes and drive those new tanks

4 minutes ago, I./ZG1_Martijnvdm said:

I like the new visual effects! 

Yep. New eye candy is always good. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Great update. Late war German bombs, so much content, improved visual effects.

Fantastic work as always.

Edited by bies

"New Bodenplatte aircraft, Bf 109 K-4 and P-47D-28, will be released to Early Access later this Autumn."

Nice nice nice :)

• Upvote 2

Wow! The third picture of the A-20 looks insanely good!

Thanks for the timelines of all three projects. I'm looking forward to the P47 the most.

The tank armor looks great, it's gonna look even sexier on the PzIV-G.🛡️

20 minutes ago, Han said:

New Bodenplatte aircraft, Bf 109 K-4 and P-47D-28, will be released to Early Access later this Autumn. New Po-2 Collector Plane and two WWI aircraft for Flying Circus Early Access, Pfalz D.IIIa and Sopwith Camel, will follow before the end of the year, provided we don't run into unexpected problems.

Soo... Autumn 2018 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on Saturday, September 22 and ends on Friday, December 21...  K4 AND P47 SOON!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

"The new Marshal mode"

Excellent! I am looking forward for this innovative feature!

Fantastic work guys!

Thank you for the head up!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TG1_Nil said:

"The new Marshal mode"

Yes, i forgot. Jason told about that in some long Q&A and it looked super interesting.

He told how "Marshal" is going to have restricted amount of information to coordinate their planes and squadrons, very realistic approach. Not kind of modern AWACS air control. I'm waiting for this feature, looks like game changer for more ambitious servers.

• Upvote 2

Nice to read that the multiplayer tank issue seems to be addressed.

Well, well... the outlook of the further future is quite cool.

:drinks:

Mike

18 minutes ago, JG5_Zesphr said:

Soon(tm) 

Hide contents

Your video made me laughing a lot !!

• Upvote 1

Sounds great, it is possible to make a short video to see the new fire and smoke effects in motion?

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

"New Bodenplatte aircraft, Bf 109 K-4 and P-47D-28, will be released to Early Access later this Autumn."

Nice nice nice :)

Yep but the question is when? Fall doesn't end until December 21. Hopefully we get it in October but who knows. I'm too excited to have to wait two whole months. The wait is killing me.

At least I know the wait will be worth it.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Upvote 2

Great! Thank you!

Can't wait to have the new effects and fixes. Also this Autumm is going to be rolling

28 minutes ago, JG5_Zesphr said:

Soon(tm) 

Reveal hidden contents

nice song choice, and great editing lol

Those new effects look really nice, especially the fire. 

Also very nice to have a more clear roadmap for the immediate future. Content releases are slightly slower for BoBP than earlier titles, but I suppose that is to be expected when you are working on 3 projects at once.

Oh, and put that Po-2 up for preorder ASAP, my wallet is itching to throw more cash at you.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Looking good!

For experts on this kind of thing.... late war German bombs. What are we talking about here? AB cluster munitions? Different visuals or performance levels for the SC series of bombs?

Thanks for this DD with some ETA, great to see the next update coming soon (as you say end of sept, beginning of oct, we must admit it is entering beta test...?)

1 point caught my attention through :

without compromising performance

Let's hope it will be right and specially for the ones with low end computers...

Oh, and anything with @@lefuneste findings about clouds in his mod? Perhaps we could get finally rid of this clipping of planes?
Same with @LizLemon 's mod with viewing distance, anything similar in next update perhaps?

Anyway keep up with the good work team!

• Upvote 2

Thanks Devs.  Appreciate the fixes and improvements a lot.  

Also I  appreciate the new gameplay mode whether I’ll use it or not.  This game started out “all dressed up and no place to go” and every effort to add playability seems a smart thing to me.   Obviously adding career with Kuban was huge.  

Keep up the good work.  (And market this game till coffers and servers are full.)

Ceowulf<><   

Edit: Please give us a Po2 buy button.  

Edited by Ceowulf

Thank you for the shots of the new smoke and flame effects.  Will the duration of the smoke and flame change?  Currently they last about twenty seconds and a longer time before they disappear would be most welcome.

• Upvote 4

I hope that included in the "career fixes" that you added in each mission brief what the player's callsign is as well as callsign of other friendly active squadrons.

Its very confusing in active mission who is talking to who since callsigns change through the campaign. Callsign. 😁

Edited by madlarkin8

Looking like we're getting gunsmoke effects? That would be really cool but right now its looking like individual puffs of smoke in the planes wake? Looking at some of the clips it seems clear that it produces a much denser consistent trail of smoke, almost like what the fuel leaks look like at the moment. At the very least in the case of the Browning M2.

Especially in the first timestamp you can see it well

• Upvote 3

Everything is looking great! Love the constant fine-tuning. It just gets better and better really like  the image with airbase. Would it ever be possible to add some parked planes.  I think it would go a long way in improving immersion versus current ghost town effect. 

The FX look stunning - fuel fires are already ugly enough affairs - that blazing A-20 looks terrifying, and much more like the real thing than I've seen before.

As for the tank fire, I hope the smoke from these will be dirty and thick and mess with visibility. I recently read how Aussie AT gunners at Alamein shot up a friendly tank which was burning to it to burn out faster in order to clear their sight line.

The naked Pz III is jaw dropping.

Very much looking forward to the whole expanded tank line up, especially the Sherman. At least I'll be able to see over the top of the T-34 in front! :lol: I know there are mission builders out there just itching to get their hands on the AI versions of the new tank releases. Also, it's great news about the netcode fixes. I can't overstate how much tanks are being missed on the -DED- Normal server. It will be great to have them back.

NeHeyZo.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
  • Upvote 3