392FS_TheDoctor*

Coop mission not working

I made a coop mission but when I load the mission neither planes nor Tiger tanks show up to choose 

pictures

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.jpg.fb693dc65732032234316c2098f9bb3b.jpg

Spoiler

Untitled1.png.c6d6a651220458b71c68d93e7937fb56.png

I've attached mission files 

any help will be appreciated

operation.rar

I see nothing wrong with the flight shown. 

Oh... there is no AI controllable Tiger yet. That may be causing a problem. 😐

Edited by Thad

I'll edit this post once I can get into the mission file (I'm at work currently), but at first glance... 

• Are the planes in their own group? If not, add the planes to their own group. Do the same with tanks too if they're not in their own group. The grouping allows the lobby to "see" which vehicles are playable and groups them based on whatever you named the group.
  • Do the plane's name have integers in their name? (like "Flight Leader 1-1") If so, remove the integers
  • Are the planes/tanks enabled before the mission starts?
  • Is there any spawn MCU's tied to the playable vehicles? If so, remove them. Playable vehicles can't respawn in Coop. 😕
  • Are there any "player" planes/tanks? If so, make all planes/tanks Ai instead. Coop allows only for Ai and then player's take over that Ai, whereas single player requires a "player" entity.
Edited by [TWB]Sketch
clarity

35 minutes ago, =RS=BlackRaven said:

I wanted a player controlled Tiger not Ai

Are there multiple Tigers selectable? AI controls non selected craft or vehicles.

• Thanks 1

Some observations:

- You have several non-tank vehicles set to "Cooperative Start". I'm not sure if this may be screwing up your mission.

- You have several tanks set to "Cooperative Start" but my understanding is that only tanks with names starting with an underscore are available to players.

- You don't need "Trigger Activate" id: 1330 because the Stukas already have "Enabled" selected in the advanced properties. Check for other triggers like this for enabled objects.

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

Raven, why don't you take a look at how I created this simple 4v4 dogfight group? It has playable planes on both sides, and if the planes aren't occupied by humans, then the Ai takes over. You can mimic how I did things in your own mission. Extract into whatever folder you save groups, then import the group into whatever mission you'd like.

Simple Dogfight 4v4 Group.zip

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
  • Thanks 1

Really appreciate your help guys i’ll work on it i had to start over again and it worked ,seems that there is something i did messd up my mission

1 hour ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Raven, why don't you take a look at how I created this simple 4v4 dogfight group? It has playable planes on both sides, and if the planes aren't occupied by humans, then the Ai takes over. You can mimic how I did things in your own mission. Extract into whatever folder you save groups, then import the group into whatever mission you'd like.

Simple Dogfight 4v4 Group.zip

Thank you i’ll definitely study this mission in details so i don’t make mistakes 

I want to thank you @[TWB]Sketch and @coconut for the tremendous help and support , I proudly say that I'm nearly mastering the editor  , my squad is very happy with the missions I make make . 

THANK YOU guys you are the pillars for this community 

@[TWB]Sketch thank you for your patience and toleration  

On 7/23/2018 at 12:53 PM, [TWB]Sketch said:

I'll edit this post once I can get into the mission file (I'm at work currently), but at first glance... 

• Are the planes in their own group? If not, add the planes to their own group. Do the same with tanks too if they're not in their own group. The grouping allows the lobby to "see" which vehicles are playable and groups them based on whatever you named the group.
  • Do the plane's name have integers in their name? (like "Flight Leader 1-1") If so, remove the integers
  • Are the planes/tanks enabled before the mission starts?
  • Is there any spawn MCU's tied to the playable vehicles? If so, remove them. Playable vehicles can't respawn in Coop. 😕
  • Are there any "player" planes/tanks? If so, make all planes/tanks Ai instead. Coop allows only for Ai and then player's take over that Ai, whereas single player requires a "player" entity.

I am pulling my hair out here as well. I've done all of the above and when I load the coop mission, I get no aircraft groups to select in the lobby. The mission I have setup is simple. Two P-39s at Sochi Airfield. The first is named Flight Lead and the second is Wingman One. I then target linked both aircraft and then grouped them together naming the group P-39L1 (Sochi Airfield). Could the parenthesis in the group  name be causing this issue? I guess I'll try that. 

BTW, I've read the manuals, I've scoured the forums, this is the first post where someone mentioned not using integers when naming the aircraft entity. Would be good to include these types of Gotchas in the manuals. Otherwise, folks like me follow the instructions and get nowhere for 4 hours. It's frustrating, and I'd be willing to bet that's why there aren't a lot of mission builders in this community. 

43 minutes ago, Bananimal said:

I am pulling my hair out here as well. I've done all of the above and when I load the coop mission, I get no aircraft groups to select in the lobby. The mission I have setup is simple. Two P-39s at Sochi Airfield. The first is named Flight Lead and the second is Wingman One. I then target linked both aircraft and then grouped them together naming the group P-39L1 (Sochi Airfield). Could the parenthesis in the group  name be causing this issue? I guess I'll try that. 

BTW, I've read the manuals, I've scoured the forums, this is the first post where someone mentioned not using integers when naming the aircraft entity. Would be good to include these types of Gotchas in the manuals. Otherwise, folks like me follow the instructions and get nowhere for 4 hours. It's frustrating, and I'd be willing to bet that's why there aren't a lot of mission builders in this community. 

Do you have "Cooperative Start" selected in the aircraft meant for players? Otherwise, post your mission for others to look at.

Both editor manuals were written well before co-op missions were implemented. As Prangster and I wrote our manuals on a volunteer basis, updates may be done when real-life considerations allow. I know it's frustrating Bananimal, but consider how much more work and frustration it would take without the manuals (and videos, and helpful forum posts). Ideally, it would be nice to have the manuals in something like a Wiki online so each topic could be updated as we go. However, right now, I have neither the money to host such an offering or the time to make it happen.

Cheers!

Edited by JimTM

I figured it out. I was wanting to load USAAF P-39s and set the country to neutral. No go. Have to select Russian or German. I have to wonder why neutral is even in the list. That got the aircraft to show up in the mission lobby. However, now the issue is that they are two separate aircraft and not grouped even though I target linked them and then grouped them. What really makes no sense is the advanced properties shows the wingman, plane #1 in the formation as a Flight Lead Entity in the name field. And then plane #0 in the formation, which is the lead, shows nothing in the name field where it should be a Flight Lead Entity.  Makes no sense. I even unlinked everything and created a target link from the lead plane to the wingman plane and it calls the wingman plane the lead entity.

I'm simply wanting to put all aircraft types throughout the map for a coop free flight mission where we can just hop into the mission and pick what we want to fly while learning these aircraft. I have everything 1C has for sale. I'd like to use it instead of using someone else's mission with adversaries. Sometimes, our group just wants to hop in the sim and do pattern work, formation work, and comms work without the distraction of being shot down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

See mission below.

Free Flight Mission.zip

Figured it out. I have to use the callsign stork for all aircraft and number them 0-3. I also wanted to say that I wasn't directing my frustration toward you guys that took it upon yourselves to document the editor further. 1C added the coop feature to the ME, they need to update they manual with more specific information related to it. Thanks for your efforts. It's greatly appreciated.  

Edited by Bananimal
  • Upvote 1

Well, I thought I had it figured out. As now, the flight is split into two groups. 6.5 hours and still can't get a few planes on the map in one group. 

I've figured it out. It use to be that the parent group name was how the entire flight of that group was named in game. It seems that they've changed how flights are grouped together. Instead of worrying about the parent's group name, you instead must name each plane in a flight something similar. In this case, I've named them all Sochi Airfield suffix.

image.png.9147128d4fbffd38c3a79ac2160fc0ec.png

And here's how it appears in the game:

image.png.e9a292f6e633fce7c25c3243650213eb.png

Here's my test cases:

Capture.JPG.6fe811a3e11663adefc36bfb5d22b8a4.JPG

Group one, is your original group, with the same parent name and each child plane having a similar naming convention

Group two is a different parent name, same planes but a different child name inside the parent's group

Group three is same parent group name and same child plane names, but different planes all together.

Capture2.JPG.e66bbe50ec8e48ba4646555a6eaf9a67.JPG

The results:

Group one groups together as you seen earlier

Group two groups together and takes the child name (not the parent group's name)

Group three takes the child name, but doesn't group the different planes together

image.png

You could probably test this further by making two different groups, but naming the child planes in each group similar. I suspect that the planes will end up as a single flight in game, even though they're different groups in the mission editor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 hours ago, Bananimal said:

I also wanted to say that I wasn't directing my frustration toward you guys that took it upon yourselves to document the editor further. 1C added the coop feature to the ME, they need to update they manual with more specific information related to it. Thanks for your efforts.

As a side note, where are you getting a 1C Studios manual from? Is it this one? -> 

If so, that manual has not been updated since 2015.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Thanks Sketch,

You're findings are interesting. I am able to duplicate what you have outlined here, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to get the lead aircraft to assume a Lead Entity name in the advanced properties for the lead aircraft. Even though the linked aircraft properly show the Flight Lead target ID correctly when linked to it and I can see the attached wingman in the Change formation dialog of the Lead aircraft. 

As far as the manual, That may be where I got it from. I truly don't recall. I'll see if I get hunt down an up to date copy. 

8 minutes ago, Bananimal said:

, I cannot seem to get the lead aircraft to assume a Lead Entity name in the advanced properties for the lead aircraft. 

What do you mean here?

Hmm... Not even sure what that does for multiplayer missions. Maybe someone else can enlighten you on how to set that up.

you also can't have blank names for the ai coop planes, (that stumped me for a bit)

be really great to actually get updated developer documentation, fantastic community manuals etc, i  never would have worked stuff out without them.

and a hell of a lot of trial and error figuring out undocumented stuff , or changed info from published dated guides....

Re. the Name field, I originally documented that as "Not implemented" in the manual. Now I think it may be the name of the flight leader. So Name for the flight leader is blank since that plane has no flight lead.

Re. 1CGS updating the IL-2 manual, that manual (written by LukeFF) and does not cover any ME material.

Edited by JimTM

i just finished my first fully functional mplayer map that is now online , and I''m really pleased with the result. put  a lot of effort into it
thanks to Jim and others it was possible

image.thumb.png.0dcb2c8f573d8e8e66e323acce462c5a.pngimage.thumb.png.985e578fc9427240c639c3a649b9a3a8.png

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Re. the Name field, I originally documented that as "Not implemented" in the manual. Now I think it may be the name of the flight leader. So Name for the flight leader is blank since that plane has no flight lead.

image.thumb.png.240a759ad47f32479e84825eb275b9cc.png

Again, I don't think the name field means anything, but I'm not sure not naming the entity gives the name field a lead aspect. It's probably still not implemented.

Ehhhhh. through my trial and error, I have seen it named "Lead entity" before. Problem was, aircraft 2 assumed that entity for whatever reason. When I link the wingman, they automatically assume a "Plane entity" name. You can't delete or modify it either. If you break the link, then it returns to a blank field. 

So check this out. Here's my grouped flight tree. And the bottom image shows what the groups look like in the session lobby. It makes zero sense to me. I suspect because the "Lead" entity is missing. 

And I mis-spoke earlier, if I do not group the aircraft, all four are grouped correctly in the lobby with the exception that the lead aircraft is in slot four. The second image below is what happens when I group the objects and name them Sochie Airfield.

tree.jpg

groups.jpg

Edited by Bananimal

the name field in properties needs to have something in it , if blank coop will not show the ai (player) planes

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

5 minutes ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

Again, I don't think the name field means anything, but I'm not sure not naming the entity gives the name field a lead aspect. It's probably still not implemented.

You're right Sketch, it's not implemented (correctly anyways). 

4 minutes ago, Bananimal said:

Ehhhhh. through my trial and error, I have seen it named "Lead entity" before. Problem was, aircraft 2 assumed that entity for whatever reason. So check this out. Here's my grouped flight tree. And the bottom image shows what the groups look like in the session lobby. It makes zero sense to me. I suspect because the flight entity is missing. 

I think the idea was to have the leader's name appear in the Name field for each wingman. However, the function does not work properly.

• Upvote 1

to make ai groups i believe it uses formations to do this

the example coop mission show how its done, though its not a very pretty made mission (poor grouping)

38 minutes ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

i just finished my first fully functional mplayer map that is now online , and I''m really pleased with the result. put  a lot of effort into it
thanks to Jim and others it was possible

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Edited by JimTM

11 minutes ago, JimTM said:

I'm forward to trying it out. What server will it run on?

unprofessionals server, though he has a large number of maps in his rotation, and its on random selection. i'm going to arrange a flyout  for it.

it will be a lot of fun , i can let you know ..

this is stats sever for it

http://deadserv.servegame.com:8080/en/

its also got trains which can open an airfield if they get through , both side have this, dynamic spawning , heavy aa at strategic targets, large targets ,

subs and convoy , bridges tank columns  and recon area
a lot of though went into it, and I used much of you ideas @JimTM

Your guide was big  help. Ive got  decent lib of stuff now to make more

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
  • Thanks 1

@JimTMthat mission I spoke of has been put up on my test server "Birds of Prey" this week for load testing if u want to have a look.
Unprofessionals server also has a slightly older copy , but he has random rotation and about 20 missions
hence i put it on my own server online this week

Stuka_wins.jpg

Stuka_wins1.thumb.jpg.bc6477b9eea9bcd10ae1406be1f9fbd2.jpgscreen3-p40.jpg

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

Nice! I'll check out your server Stix_09.