BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 48

Thanks for the update!  If the Lagg drives like a truck I wonder what the IL2 will be like?  

At last, some IL2 news... now I have some interest again :)

Plus you could really make my day and tell me that you intend to include some sort of summer map with the release... that would be something!

Yes, Happy New Year to every one :)

And a big thanks to the Devs for all the good news within this thread.

Patients is a virtue :happy:

Finally some news!!! I'm really disappointed about how much time you left us without ANY news. :(

Finally some news!!! I'm really disappointed about how much time you left us without ANY news. :(

Yes, 2 weeks.... an eternity.... :o::wacko::ph34r:

:rolleyes:

No question in my mind that you guys are working hard. Keep up the great work. Looking forward to the new content! Happy new year.

Please tell me, you're being tounge-in-cheek with that post.

Please tell me, you're being tounge-in-cheek with that post.

Sorry but i was talking seriously.

Indeed, how dare the developers have time off over the Christmas and New Year period.

How selfish!

:rolleyes:

I expected at least a little screenshot or a post that says when will next session start.

There was plenty of news if you looked for it, and by looked for it I mean just read a thread titled "multiplayer news."

post that says when will next session start.

You mean like a post that says that further sessions will be weekend, start on Friday and end on Monday? That kind of post?

come on, I'm sure you had some days off due to Xmas and New year, let the guys breathe.

There has'nt been a week without Dev Diaries updates (or maybe one or two at the begining?) and to compensate we had exta time access. Really nothing to complain about so far on the communication side. In fact this is truely impressive how consistent they are. New build every week, almost real udpate twice a month, and even features coming sooner (standard acces was planned after winter holidayIIRC).

of course I am at least as impatient as you regarding planned features still to come, but I am far away from disappointment from dev team.

Keep up the good work guys, and have a nice 2014! it looks really great so far, and I hope I will still be often surprised by your work. by the time I'm off to perfect my skill in mud mowing

Sorry but i was talking seriously.

I expected at least a little screenshot or a post that says when will next session start.

:huh: wow really? It was the freaking hollydays, Christmas eve, New year,   time to spend with your loved ones and enjoy life.  Developers are entitled to have a life outside the project too, yes we chimed in some money to help with the development of this great Simulator, but that does not make them our slaves. They are actually being very communicative and they keep us pretty informed of the whole development process and they are also doing an awesome job. I am actually amazed at how fast they are progressing. So, please lets back up a little and allow them to do their job, They've already showed us that they know what they are doing.

Happy new year to the team and all the forum members.

Edited by MXMiguelLara
  • Upvote 2

Some are really desperately addicted to the sim ;)

Hi sturmtruppen,

Looks like you are pretty new, so welcome to the forums!

While you will see some announcement in this general forum, the best place to keep an eye out on the progress of devepment and when the next access begins and ends, is the announcements forum, in particular the Developer Diary pinned thread:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/

In fact there, you can read up on some of  the past diaries as well to get more caught up on the development process.

Many of us regulars here pretty much know when the next access period is and probably how long and can take it for granted at times.

On this last update, we did go two weeks rather than one between updates due to the holidays, however that is certainly the exception rather than the rule. Typically there will be a new announcement ( Developer Diary ) posted on Friday mornings.

Have fun!

• Upvote 2

=FB=LOFT wrote : 

A lot of players on the forum wonder "why don't you fix those minor issues?", "why does it take you ages (2 months, huh?) to implement trimmers on LaGG and some instruments?", etc.. Here you have my answer. Because we do it maximum ad minima. The key features must be completed first.

Completly agree with this one. 

The team has to pay attention to key features in order to focus on main subjects if they want to deliver a great simulation at the end. A developement projects goes just like our personal life : don't know if some of you know the principle of the "Jar of Life". If not, you can check this link : http://youtu.be/6_N_uvq41Pg

Thanks for the incredible work you have done so far ! 

Happy new year to the team ! Just keep up the good work   :salute:

Edited by C6_MadisonV44

:huh: wow really? It was the freaking hollydays, Christmas eve, New year,   time to spend with your loved ones and enjoy life.  Developers are entitled to have a life outside the project too, yes we chimed in some money to help with the development of this great Simulator, but that does not make them our slaves. They are actually being very communicative and they keep us pretty informed of the whole development process and they are also doing an awesome job. I am actually amazed at how fast they are progressing. So, please lets back up a little and allow them to do their job, They've already showed us that they know what they are doing.

Happy new year to the team and all the forum members.

Hi sturmtruppen,

Looks like you are pretty new, so welcome to the forums!

While you will see some announcement in this general forum, the best place to keep an eye out on the progress of devepment and when the next access begins and ends, is the announcements forum, in particular the Developer Diary pinned thread:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/

In fact there, you can read up on some of  the past diaries as well to get more caught up on the development process.

Many of us regulars here pretty much know when the next access period is and probably how long and can take it for granted at times.

On this last update, we did go two weeks rather than one between updates due to the holidays, however that is certainly the exception rather than the rule. Typically there will be a new announcement ( Developer Diary ) posted on Friday mornings.

Have fun!

Thank you for explaining to me how a forum and an early access program works (in fact, it is the first time that i partecipate at an early acces program) but i was tired of all that "We will do that..." and i vented.

I offer my sincerest apologies to the developers and to the members for my impatience and disrepect.

I'm surely younger than you so i have a lot to learn about life and flight simulation.

Forgive me, please!

sorry for any grammatical errors.

Happy new year!

• Upvote 5

Thank you for explaining to me how a forum and an early access program works (in fact, it is the first time that i partecipate at an early acces program) but i was tired of all that "We will do that..." and i vented.

I offer my sincerest apologies to the developers and to the members for my impatience and disrepect.

I'm surely younger than you so i have a lot to learn about life and flight simulation.

Forgive me, please!

Happy new year!

No problem , welcome aboard and don't hesitate  to ask if there is anything we can help you with!

If you have not installed and set it up yet, you might want to have a look at the FAQ:

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/2074-game-setup-and-settings-faq/

• Upvote 1

Happy New Year !

Thanks for the continued great work team.

I think most folks here appreciate the amount of work this takes....and with 300 settlements and 82 airfield...all placed accurately...yep...lot-o-work..on the map alone.

I look forward to the multi-seat aircraft, mission editor, and multiplayer....testing....

And thanks for putting the server back active for us too in the mean time !

I continue to be glad I supported this effort early..

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Edited by AldoUSMC

The Battle of Stalingrad is one of the most fascinating events in all of military history.  The pivotal battle of the largest clash of arms in human history. I cant get enough movies, books, etc about it. I feel that a flight sim offers the best way to get an overall view of the battle and feel as if you are a participant.  Everything is done so well with this sim, that to me this is one of the most exciting times in this entire project. The city itself as well as the surrounding map, the IL-2, and the stuka are about to be unveiled to us in the upcoming weeks.  If what we have seen so for is an indication of what we are in store for, the quality will be superlative. I am grateful that the dev's have shown their labor of love in putting together such an outstanding product commemorating this fascinating event as realistically as possible.

I appreciate the developers but also the members of this community, especially the demanding ones, because they see details that I would proably overlook, This all goes to improving the final product.

Forgive me, please!

Happy new year!

I'm not sure how young you are, but allow me tell you something.

I really thing that the attitude that you are showing here with these words will take you far in life  :-) .

Making mistakes, acknowledge them and learning from them is what life is all about.

Not need to apologize and I hope to see you around in the sky once the project is able to do multiplayer :-) .....

Edited by MXMiguelLara
  • Upvote 5

I hope you all enjoyed your break. Happy New Year and thanks for all your fantastic work.

Thanks for the update and Happy New Year to all ! ~S~

Happy new year gents!

Never mind the whiners. There's obviously a hunger for a cutting edge flight-sim out there, so you guys take your time and do what you have to do. A state-of-the art sim will live long anyway...  :salute:

Actually, we already have "a cutting edge [WW 2] flight sim".    It's the Team Fusion re-work of CloD.  Give it a try if you haven't already.  It's extremely good.  BoS will hopefully provide us with a 'new' cutting edge flight sim.  It is, without doubt, a very good time to be a WW 2 combat flight enthusiast. 

WOW!

Looking amazing guys and Im sure we can be patient for you :salute:

Cant wait to see the Main Stalingrad Map in all its glory :lol:

I'm excited about the possibilities that might come from the mission builder. I'm hoping it's going to lead to some training missions to start. I really need help with landing. A lot of help. :huh:

Happy New Year to one and all.

I haven't had a chance to get on during the Christmas break. Looking forward to testing it out this weekend.

So please remain patient and don't wave banners under our office windows - we're doing our job. New technologies and planes will occupy us entirely till spring, after it we'll get to fine tuning and minor "cosmetic" elements, etc.

Perhaps the most important statement.

Perhaps the most important statement.

Nop!!! This is the most important statement:

Quick Mission Builder - improved analog to the good old editor in IL-2. It's a pack of tools to create a battle scenario, choose desired parameters and try it out yourself or with your friends. Soon you'll forget the missions that we used to offer you for the early access sessions.

Without a good (easy to manage) mission builder, we will see what's happen with ROF.......> few available missions and poor attractive sim!!!

It is of the foremost importance that devs understand that simmers are not "software engineers"!! and most of them are looking for a easy to take in hands quick or full mission builder. Quality of FM or graphics are very important, but if IL-2 (the old one) is still living, do not search for a while: the reason.......thanks to the fantastic full mission editor.

;)
  • Upvote 1

We'll get the single seater variant and the gunner "field mod" aswell.

The late two seater variant had a fully enclosed canopy for the gunner and we're not getting that (yet).

We'll get the single seater variant and the gunner "field mod" aswell.

The late two seater variant had a fully enclosed canopy for the gunner and we're not getting that (yet).

uf glad you explained it. i was worried they pulled the 1943 version which would be akward.

So please remain patient and don't wave banners under our office windows

Can we wave banners under your office windows that say: "GOOD  JO KEEP  IT  UP!"? :)

• Upvote 2

Speaking of the trenches - they are one of these minor features and we're not spending resources on things like that now. Not yet at least. Anyway we believve that it's not trenches that make a good combat flightsim, that's why such things have to wait till spring at least.

It is the small details, like this, that make my warm and soft inside.

These words speak about good project management, clear priorities and a level headed approach.

Your team could teach thing or thousand to many,many other software developers.

I salute you.

• Upvote 1