BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 48

Hi Everybody.

It doesn't matter where you live and in what language you toast - Happy New Year one and all!

The project's team has returned back to work after the winter holidays. We have a lot tasks to complete and here are our goals in the short perspective.

Quick Mission Builder - improved analog to the good old editor in IL-2. It's a pack of tools to create a battle scenario, choose desired parameters and try it out yourself or with your friends. Soon you'll forget the missions that we used to offer you for the early access sessions.

Multiplayer - You'll learn a lot more about it in a few days, next week actually. Note, that it'll be offered on our usual terms: technology tests first, new features and suggestions - second.

New Planes - Several models are being built these days, and even though I can't reveal the release schedule, I promise that IL-2 is coming next and it's coming really soon. This is the first aircraft featuring so many payload options, new combat roles and it's the first two-seater. One plane combining so many technologies makes us a bit nervous, of course, but if it works out well then the rest of the planes will be produced and released at higher rates.

Read more

And once again - Happy New Year everyone! We hope that this year will be full of optimistic, pleasant and joyful events.

post-4-0-10368600-1389348271.jpg post-4-0-27696100-1389348266.jpg post-4-0-84837200-1389348275.jpg

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

Excellent news!

Take your time. You're doing a great job!

82 airfields...my God! :-)

• Upvote 3

No new content?

That's actually great for me, I missed the last session due to vaction, so this gives me a chance to catch up :joy:

Excellent news!

Take your time. You're doing a great job!

82 airfields...my God! :-)

This!

All good news as always. I think I have started drooling again.

Happy new year team.

Thanks for the update. Am greatly looking forward to Full Map, QMB and Multiplayer - shame any of those aren't't this this weekend. Fingers crossed for next weekend.

Keep up the good work and Happy New Year.

S!

Good news :) I bet there is still a lot of testing even without the new features and add-ons, so take your time! Have a great weekend all!

Hi Lofft, счастливого нового года!, Happy New Year!! or Dev's can answer? Is the Stalingrad defense zone systems going to be in place 1,2,3 ect., such as the Trench system and tank traps?

• Upvote 1

I think it's a shame you have to keep reminding people that this sim is nowhere near finished yet. Most people know you are doing a good job so I would just ignore the ones complaining about trivial things.

Edited by Rigsby
  • Upvote 10

Some lovely things to come, to add to the lovely things we already have.

Thank you. :)

Sounding good, looking forward to trying out the QMB when it becomes available to us.

Really looking forward to learning the Il-2. Good luck and all the best for the new year, to you and the rest of the team too.

So do i get it right? No Early access this weekend at all?

Dont get me wrong. Id have more time testing out Elder Scrolls online then:)

• Upvote 1

So do i get it right? No Early access this weekend at all?

There's a german translation over in Deutsches Forum for those who don't understand english, matey ;) lol

The screens of the IL2 are beautiful. Looks dirty, consistent and deadly.

Did I miss it, or the next open session on servers still has to be announced?

I can't wait to get in again!

The screens of the IL2 are beautiful. Looks dirty, consistent and deadly.

Did I miss it, or the next open session on servers still has to be announced?

I can't wait to get in again!

You probably did not click the button to read full news, as I am sure others may not.

Toward the end:

We haven't prepared anything new for you during these two days since we returned from the winter holidays, so you won't need to update your clients this weekend - please play the current version. Meanwhile we will be creating something new and cool for you.

So yes early access this weekend, but no update same version as we had last early access period.

Is the Stalingrad defense zone systems going to be in place 1,2,3 ect., such as the Trench system and tank traps?

Speaking of the trenches - they are one of these minor features and we're not spending resources on things like that now. Not yet at least. Anyway we believve that it's not trenches that make a good combat flightsim, that's why such things have to wait till spring at least.

• Upvote 1

Happy new year gents!

Never mind the whiners. There's obviously a hunger for a cutting edge flight-sim out there, so you guys take your time and do what you have to do. A state-of-the art sim will live long anyway...  :salute:

You probably did not click the button to read full news, as I am sure others may not.

Toward the end:

So yes early access this weekend, but no update same version as we had last early access period.

Thank you, I expected this.

The retarded moron award is mine, hand down! as usual.

BoS MP coming for a tech run. Seems the greatest sim game news this side of 2014 ! 

Continued support as always. Bring it on !!!

• Upvote 1

Happy New Year to development team and to all fellow-simmers!

Thanks for the latest news and screenies; that IL-2 is looking great and I look forward to fly it really soon

There's a german translation over in Deutsches Forum for those who don't understand english, matey ;) lol

Thanks. I am not used to look there.

The Il-2 next? Wonderful! The Stuka after that would be BRILLIANT!

As one who complained about the lack of trim in the LaGG, thanks for the explanation. It was as I assumed - other larger features need to be implemented before fine tuning or smaller features are accomplished.

Nice pics of the Sturmovik. A bunch of us can't wait to ride that baby. Tank bustin' here I come!

Lots of information today..... makes me smile at the progress. Thanks and Happy New Year. Here's to a flight sim filled one!

Good news and Happy New Years to the Development Team!

I really cannot wait to try out the Il2! Really looking the business as they say!

As for the whiners (although they were unnecessary), take it as a good sign that the complaints were centred on such trivial things, it re-enforces the fact that the team is on the right track :).

Happy New Year! It is going to be a great one!

Edited by TheBlackPenguin

Great update. Looking forward to flying the IL2. The tail gunner looks real as well nice work. Looks like he won't be just frozen sitting still while the gun moves like other sims.