BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 48

Yes, 2 weeks.... an eternity.... :o::wacko::ph34r:

:rolleyes:

Well, well..not so quickly there!

It is partially true that people that are particulary enthusiastic about things they feel passionate about

(say, flight sims or flyfishing with scottish bamboo rods) and can be a pain in the arse when being clients.

But, they are at least,well, care.

What many companies have not yet fully realized, is the importance and extra value that small, even mundane updates bring

to peeps. Even retardedly small things like pics of the team, you guys working your ass off or a small .jpg of some obscure thing

of some Ju-88 bomb rack actually matters. It shows that you are there, sweating, ticking and alive.

The creation of a software is relatively obscure thing, even for us that work close to the business, that all the small details gives a nice

peek into your lives, the guys and gals behind the scene and gives us the human aspect of the project.

Obviously it opens you up to all kind of asshattery and retardness so I cant blame you if you want to keep the lid a bit more closed... :)

Nevertheless, good to see that things rolling!

The last screenshot of the IL2 really got my attention.

You have absolutely nailed the proper look of the rotating propeller.  No overdone "cinematic" look.

Just a faint transparent disc.

Well done.

I may not have the alpha/beta, but I am paying attention to things, and it's the little things like getting that prop graphically correct that

make all the difference when it comes to giving a believable sense of reality.

• Upvote 2

The last screenshot of the IL2 really got my attention.

You have absolutely nailed the proper look of the rotating propeller. No overdone "cinematic" look.

Just a faint transparent disc.

Well done.

I second that notion.

First I actually felt, that the propeller looked simplistic and "wrong", because most of us have the greatest experience looking at rotating props from either movies, air show video or other flights sims - not from the real world.

The way a photograph or video captures propellers is extremely misleading and can easily confuse us into believing that you can actually make out the outline of the individual prop blades, and that is how most movies and flight sims portray it.

Edited by Finkeren

S!

The devil is in the details ;) There are a lot of them when you look around in the game. Small things that really add up and make BoS so good.

I have a question. Tracer bullets are linear. Will they be (slightly) undulated in the final version?

Im just amazed about this game. I can not stop to fly it and check every single thing about plane and scenario...

That's a very well done game and I really appreciate the efforts of the people leading to this.

Happy new year to all and keep the good work.

Peter

I have a question. Tracer bullets are linear. Will they be (slightly) undulated in the final version?

Why on earth would they be? You think bullets undulate??? Have you ever fired tracer?

In the Trailer the fired tracer are undulate :cool: !

It's a cinematic effect that has nothing to do with reality.

BTW: It's true that in old gun camera footage, tracers often do seem to oscillate, but that effect is caused by the shaking of the camera. The tracer bullets themselves fly "straight" (well actually in a parabolic trajectory) just like any other bullet.

Edited by Finkeren

When does session 7 end?  Or did it end already?  Searched the forums and I can't find an answer.  I'd love to play because I have some free time off of work.  But I don't want to buy in right after the session ends and have to wait a whole week.

When does session 7 end?  Or did it end already?  Searched the forums and I can't find an answer.  I'd love to play because I have some free time off of work.  But I don't want to buy in right after the session ends and have to wait a whole week.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/3595-early-access-week-7/?do=findComment&comment=75587

Access will be open since 14:00 GMT January 10th till 20:00 GMT January 13th.

This sounds amazing and I can't wait to use an actual ground attack plane for ground attack missions. The I-L2 was the flying tank. Using rockets and bombs is going to be awesome! I also cannot wait to try out the mission builder and see what my Unit Leaders EZ and Stray can make.

I like your approach to business. I do the same thing when I lead my team at work. I take of all the big stuff first then we can worry about the little things. It is more efficient and cost effective. We  (I mean you) can always 'mate it pretty' later, let's just get it done first.

Your team is amazing and I thank you all at 777/1SC for not letting our genre die.

• Upvote 1

Excellent news!! Happy new year to all of you!!

Checked out the alpha this weekend - looks really promising, cool physics, awesome details and nice graphics! Played on a lower end computer, so a new rig is on the to-do list.. :-)

Btw, will be testing out this alpha with the Oculus Rift next weekend - hope it works out.

Thanks, Alf

Edited by alflovalflovvold