InProgress

ju52 career

Can anyone fly it? I keep clicking proceed and next day,  bots fly all the time,  even 1 guy had  3 missions in 1 day and i can't fly at all :/ spend like  7 days doing it and got bored.. is it broken or something?

• Upvote 1

Known issue, reported long ago.

• Upvote 1

I have had the same issue, maybe managed five flights from career start until now into late November 1942, I read more news papers than I do flights, and this in a war zone wtf. :wacko:

I figured it was a bug but persevered with it just to see what happened, got worse, from going from roughly seven or eight days now into weeks. :huh:

It really gets beyond a joke when the same guy got to fly all three missions in the day, talk about bosses favorite. :lol:

Health issues mean this is the best type for me to fly, get it in the air, point in the right direction and add auto stabilizer.

The new Stalingrad map paint is gorgeous whatever time of day though so it is a real pleasure when I do get airborne.

Maybe when they fix it they can add a section for missions completed for the Ju-52, would be nice.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Upvote 1

I hope we will also get some more stuff to do with ju52 or other transport planes in the future. I really wish for transport cargo and then load wounded and fly back from stalingrad pocket :)

• Upvote 3

Yeah i never gotten to fly it, and it is a bugger. JU 52 career was the one I looked forwar to. Well I guess waiting for something good...

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Yeah i never gotten to fly it, and it is a bugger. JU 52 career was the one I looked forwar to. Well I guess waiting for something good...

I think there are a couple of different JU52 squadrons, certainly on the moscow map, if you are having trouble with a career at one of them, try the other. You should expect to have days where you do not fly though given the low number of sorties per day, which involve only one crew per sortie.

• Upvote 1

I'm currently flying with KGrzbV 50 on the Moscow map from the earliest possible start date, and I certainly get routine missions (although so far only cargo).

Start you career as commander of the unit and you can set yourself as pilot of any mission. This will work until a fix comes out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 1./TG1_Nil said:

Thank you very much for that, really appreciated.:cool:

I will start a new career and see what happens with your setting and report back, might be a few days though.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1

I imagine what you can do is to set options so that you command your squadron from start. This will give you the option to include yourself in the flights.

Thank you all for your tip, I only get to fly the JU 52 on occational FNBF events and at Coconut server. Career was one of my big hopes for this to improve

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Career was one of my big hopes for this to improve

Yes, I also hoped the new career system would finally give the Ju-52 a real purpose for the offline crowd like me, it is there but still needs some specific mission goals and some kind of record so the pilot knows what he/she flew and also a varied mission type.

We are getting there though, the inclusion of the Ju-52 was unusual for a combat sim but certainly paved the way for a more diverse plane set and missions, just needs a little tender loving care from the development team to flesh it out.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

I'm currently flying with KGrzbV 50 on the Moscow map from the earliest possible start date, and I certainly get routine missions (although so far only cargo).

Cargo delivery is the only mission type for Ju 52s right now.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Career works wery well, here my dramatic landing with cargo, Stalingrad 20th november  :-)

Edited by saldy
  • Like 3

Hi Saldy, thanks for sharing your video,

I have a simple advice to improve your landing:

When you touch the ground, keep your pitch AT THE SAME position, do not push forward.

It is a trick in the real life with my taildragger, and it works, otherwise the bounce keep happening.

I wish you the best fun with this lovely Transport Plane!!

Edited by 1./TG1_Nil

Hi! I am flying the JU52 in the Stalingrad theater.

Are there really only the cargo delivery missions?

So far have flown I don' t know.... 10 identical missions

Will there be any variety? para troopers???

or only just deliver cargo? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Henree said:

just deliver cargo? 

You have got to make your duty as a new Tante Ju pilot.

Only experienced Tante Ju pilots can do para missions.

No of course, it is a joke!

So far only cargo mission unfortunately. I might change in the future. Tante Ju fans hope for that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henree said:

Hi! I am flying the JU52 in the Stalingrad theater.

Are there really only the cargo delivery missions?

So far have flown I don' t know.... 10 identical missions

Will there be any variety? para troopers???

or only just deliver cargo? 

You can fly different missions with Pat Wilsons Campaign Generator Henree (PWCG)   But yep like TG1_Nil says hopefully in time we will get more missions in campaign for the Tante Ju

Thread here..https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/99-pwcg-for-bos/  

Download from Here......http://www.pwcampaignmanager.com/pwcgbos/web/PWCGBoS.php

Edited by Adger
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, TG1_Nil said:

@Henree By the way, welcome to the forum! I see you love Tante Ju. please check out the Fan Club Topic we made with love 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26840-junkers-52-tante-ju-lisunov-li2c47-❤️fan-club-👨🏽‍✈️👩🏻‍✈️👨🏻‍✈️/

Thanks!

oh....I must admit I am a bit disappointed that a 25 euro addition to the game comes with no gameplay associated to it.

Love tante JU, I play in VR so.... I put on some music from the era in the background and fly back and forth.

I will install the Pat Wilsons Campaign Generator and hope this will give me a bit more war for tante and i.

will report back how I get on ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@TG1_Nil Woah! I installed that pw and it looks great....finally a change

My first mission is a spy extraction, at night

In VR it's super atmospheric, the stars, the instrument lights, I guess I am more or less invisible

There's a huge fire, on the river? Can' t make out what it is. Then there's fog!!!!!

I should be annoyed but it excites me and I slip across the front with the greatest of ease.

Tante is purring warmly, engines running cool though.

I make it to the rendezvous point but nothing happens... what is supposed to happen?

There's a bunch of sturmtroopers in the back waiting for anything lol

@OrLoK thanks when I finish the campaign which looks awesome I will do those yeeeeha

might have to get Moscow as well though do a full tour of duty

@TG1_Nil

hmmm it would seem I am stuck in the field 500 mtr from where the spy is

it's all academic as I am stuck 

but how do I get the spy on board?

any tips on not getting stuck in the fields?

Edited by Henree
not complete

@Henree I am glad you like it!

to not get stuck, Tante Ju has to be the most light possible, so take no loadout, 30% fuel and it should do. 

To get the spy normally you have to stop in a specific point, you will get a message.

Have Fun!

• Thanks 1

thanks man! awesome, I hade not thought abt reducing my load.

😄

this is great and even though I was stuck I was happy like …..coah! I am stuck in a field how awesome!

• Haha 1

@Henree I am happy that you like the gameplay. It is possible to be not stuck with a road. You must stop in a road, then you must start taking off from a portion of a road and it works.

Soon, we will have the perfect plane to land anywhere: the Po2!!!

That will be fantastic. We might have bombs, machine guns and a radio with it to call for artillery! 

See the fan club topic here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/26840-junkers-52-tante-ju-lisunov-li2c47-❤️fan-club-👨🏽‍✈️👩🏻‍✈️👨🏻‍✈️/

Edited by TG1_Nil