Bies

3.001 aircrafts parameters available

They updated parameters, there is 3.001 version and parameters of La-5FN, Bf-109G6, A20, Cobra etc.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25993-aircraft-flight-and-technical-specifications-and-operational/

I can say only one thing: let's be praised the day i preordered "La-5FN series 2" - it has speeds like La-7, its 40km/h faster than La-5F and it has boost for 10 minutes  :o:

It will be faster on unlimited nominal than Bf-109's and FW-190's on limited combat. On every altitude, even on 6-7km.  :)

Not to mention it will turn better and roll better.

They have created a monster  ;)

I can't wait. It will be a comedy in forum  :)

cheers

Edited by Bies
  • Upvote 7

Cobra has 3 different times for engine powers: 15, 5, 2 minutes... With current time system i'll need some multifunctional stoper  ;) or bail out

I can say only one thing: let's be praised the day i preordered "La-5FN series 2" -it has speeds like La-7, its 40km/h faster than La-5F and it has boost for 10 minutes  :o:

Current La-5F has unlimited boost, and then only 150HP less than time-limited FN. The latter red-line seems unchanged, so it's problematic as over-speeding will be easier in FN. Still, she will be a very strong plane on the deck... maybe the strongest ever.

Cobra has 3 different times for engine powers: 15, 5, 2 minutes... With current time system i'll need some multifunctional stoper  ;) or bail out

It's not clear if the P-39L has an automatic manifold pressure regulator.

Anyway, I'm kind of surprised with her performance, as long as you stay under 4500m, it's very good. The A20 also seems fast and agile... on the deck better than P40!? :biggrin: Though, Kittyhawk is still a better fighter-bomber than the Aircobra, and may slightly outperform P-39 over 5000m.

Current La-5F has unlimited boost, and then only 150HP less than time-limited FN. The latter red-line seems unchanged, so it's problematic as over-speeding will be easier in FN.

No it's an aerodynamics or something, i.e.

for FW-190 additional 180hp gives only 25km/h,

for La-5FN additional 150hp gives 40km/h.  :)

Edited by Bies

it has speeds like La-7, its 40km/h faster than La-5F and it has boost for 10 minutes  :o:

They have created a monster  ;)

I can't wait. It will be a comedy in forum  :)

The La-7 would be faster though, in nominal mode it would be around 580 km/h (same as FN's in Boosted mode), and in Boosted Mode the La-7 would do around 615 km/h. There is also another graph which shows a Boosted mode speed for the La-5FN close to 600 km/h, but I think that would be a later 1944 variant?

I wonder about the 10 minute limit for Boosted mode. I think it was Finkeren that said the earlier ones got like 3 mins of Boosted mode as limit? Later on it would have been increased to 10 mins.

The climbrate in Boosted Mode at the deck is 20 m/s, not bad. I think I saw 22 m/s but that's most likely dependant on the weight of the aircraft at the tests.

About the P-39L. We get the 60" regime found in the Russian table posted in the forums, limited to 2 mins. The other values of 5 mins at 51" and 15 mins at 42" are according to the manual. I also noticed the specs don't mention the lack of an automatic pressure regulator (like they do for the A-20B and P-40E), so it looks like we will get one with this P-39. The method to engage the Take Off and War Emergency power is similar to that of the MiG-3, increase the mixture from past the auto-rich level.

The Yak-7B is a bit faster than the Yak-1 at the deck, but a bit slower than the 1B.  526 km/h listed in the specs (Yak-1 is 517 km/h and Yak-1B is 530 km/h). At higher altitudes the speed difference increases from the 1B, with a top speed of 586 km/h in comparison to 1B's 600 km/h.

505 km/h for the A-20B in Combat mode (5 mins) at the deck... nice for sneaking up at low altitudes, specially with internal bombs as they wouldn't affect much the top speed.

At the deck the G-6 is 12 km/h slower than the G-4 in Combat Power (505 vs 517 km/h), at Emergency power it's 11 km/h slower (529 km/h vs 540 km/h).

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Hmmmm apparently the La-5FN doesn’t have reduced fuel load? Its endurance is even a tiny bit better than the La-5.

The speed at SL seems high. Even on nominal power it will run down any 109 with ease and can keep a 190 at bay.

As I expected it can just about climb with the 109s on the deck but even at medium altitude it lags behind. Seems about right.

Still, I’m a little iffy about the speed. Were the early FN models really that fast?

I wonder about the 10 minute limit for Boosted mode. I think it was Finkeren that said the earlier ones got like 3 mins of Boosted mode as limit? Later on it would have been increased to 10 mins..

I don’t think I’ve ever said that... I’m pretty sure all I’ve ever seen was the 10min limit.

Well, I guess that means the release is pretty soon!

Exactly what I was thinking. 

Even on nominal power it will run down any 109 with ease and can keep a 190 at bay.

Even on 6000 meters La-5FN will be faster on unlimited nominal than FW-190 on 30 minutes combat.

Practically it will be, by far, the fastest aircraft on every altitude. (Maybe without some extemes over 7000 meters)

It will be faster on nominal than Bf-109's and FW-190's on limited combat. Even on 6-7km. :)

Edited by Bies

The speed at SL seems high. Even on nominal power it will run down any 109 with ease and can keep a 190 at bay.

Add the effect of P-39L to that, and the LW will not be going under 5km anymore...

Heck - even the A20 may be able to intercept things sometimes.

• Upvote 1

Add the effect of P-39L to that.

Tbh. the P-39 looks decidedly underwhelming to me. Only slightly faster than the Yak-1, stalls at a really low AoA, turn rate slightly worse than the 109s, climb rate slightly lower than Yak-1. All on a 5-minute timer. Not really a whole lot to get excited about, but it’s still the one I’m looking forward to the most, just because it’s so unique and interesting.

• Upvote 1

I bought the new La-5 right away. Can't wait for the flying fun!

Still two guns or are there three on this variant?

Two guns. Three guns - B20 - had La-7.

Cobra will be just nice and fun to fly, not really good. It will be inferior to Yak. It will be - how to say - a curio, like other Lend Lease aircrafts.

Edited by Bies
  • Upvote 2

I'm going to enjoy all the new planes. Definitely going to be a late night when the update comes out.

Why the made up 2min timer for the P-39L-1 at 60"? Where is a War Emergency Power setting that was anything other then 5 minutes for US WW2 aircraft.

post-13312-0-47974800-1486382099.jpg

post-13312-0-49123600-1486382456.jpg

Edited by RoflSeal
  • Upvote 5

Still, I’m a little iffy about the speed. Were the early FN models really that fast?

Holtzauge managed 580 km/h for the FN in his simulation, but the drag parameter is extrapolated (I think from the 550 km/h speed at continuous mode) so there is some degree of uncertainty involved. About continuous mode, I thought it would be the same power as F engine in Boosted mode (1700 HP) but it's lower than that, at 1560 HP. For continuous mode the engine settings are 1000 mmHg manifold pressure at 2400 RPM. The F engine's boosted mode is 1140 mm Hg at 2400 RPM. I have read from Brano that in the second stage of the supercharger the manifold pressure should be no more than 1000 mmHg to prevent engine damage, but I found odd that they have this setting for the sea level continous power as well, as if it was also locked for the first stage (while the F engine had the 1140 mmHg giving 1700 HP).

So I have the doubt if the continous speed of 552 km/h is achieved with 1560 or 1700 HP.

The speeds in game mostly correlates to this graph at low altitudes. At high altitudes it's a bit faster, the specs in game state 646 km/h as top speed at 6000 meters, the graph shows around 630 km/h. The top speed in the graph is a little bit higher than 6000 meters, at around 637 km/h.

4910d7c5ff9165e8906521c0d7a24f29.png

I don’t think I’ve ever said that... I’m pretty sure all I’ve ever seen was the 10min limit.

Sorry it was Brano who mentioned it:

More serious problem has been found with crankshafts of one of the production batches. As a result 168 engines had to be recalled from Zavod no.21 back to Zavod no.19 and production of FNs in fact ceased in july 1943.

Forsazh was used only for 3-4min because of faulty sparkplugs ВГ-12 type. They couldnt withstand prolonged period. New ВГ-25 were urgently required by field units. Comparing to La-7 techspecs,it could run 10min on forsazh as in that time new AC-130 type plugs were available to remedy the problem.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Even on 6000 meters La-5FN will be faster on unlimited nominal than FW-190 on 30 minutes combat.

Practically it will be, by far, the fastest aircraft on every altitude. (Maybe without some extemes over 7000 meters)

It will be faster on nominal than Bf-109's and FW-190's on limited combat. Even on 6-7km. :)

Ok i will stop playing online then :/

No chance against good pilots if you like the 109 :mellow:

Tbh. the P-39 looks decidedly underwhelming to me. Only slightly faster than the Yak-1, stalls at a really low AoA, turn rate slightly worse than the 109s, climb rate slightly lower than Yak-1. All on a 5-minute timer. Not really a whole lot to get excited about, but it’s still the one I’m looking forward to the most, just because it’s so unique and interesting.

I can compare the P-39L by lens of my experience with the P-40 - they have (almost) the same engine, and robustness, after all. That "5m timer" is a huge improvement at 1325HP, even nominal has 100HP more. Looks like the higher boost levels may endure twice as long than in Kittyhawk. And this could be +1700HP for around 60 seconds...

Considering the Aircobra can dive over 800km/h without losing parts (unlike Yak, or La) this brief boost to the power-loading will be killer in vertical.

Edited by Ehret

I can compare the P-39L by lens of my experience with the P-40 - they have (almost) the same engine, and robustness, after all. That "5m timer" is a huge improvement at 1325HP, even nominal has 100HP more. Looks like the higher boost levels may endure twice as long than in Kittyhawk. And this could be +1700HP for around 60 seconds...

Considering the Aircobra can dive over 800km/h without losing parts (unlike Yak, or La) this brief boost to the power-loading will be killer in vertical.

Nominal is exactly the same, 1000hp at 10,800ft, afterall they are essentially the same engine in terms of supercharger gearing.

Edited by RoflSeal

I did not know that the P39 was so heavy...!...2930 Kg...! :blink:  :huh:

Nominal is exactly the same, 1000hp at 10,800ft, afterall they are essentially the same engine in terms of supercharger gearing.

I must have misread, as there is 900HP stated for the P40 @ SL, but only at altitude (1000HP) for the P-39L. Thanks.

Then check how heavy the P-40 is...

Finally!

The Germans won't be able to run away from me that easy when flying the La-5 FN^^

The G6 will have a 30mm but will be easy to catch at med/low alt i'm going to have fun with it regardless. :cool:

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some modifications to make it a lot lighter.

Finally!

The Germans won't be able to run away from me that easy when flying the La-5 FN^^

Only on the deck, as FN's dive limit is not changed.

Dd on a Thursday, this update... its coming tomorrow!!!

The wife leaves around noon tomorrow and is back Sunday.

An update tomorrow would be juuuuuuust fine. :cool:

The wife leaves around noon tomorrow and is back Sunday.

An update tomorrow would be juuuuuuust fine. :cool:

I’ve been procrastinating on a project :s

Now I feel like i will need to boost it tomorrow so I won’t need to do it on the weekend :D

Edited by MacLeod

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be some modifications to make it a lot lighter.

Just removing the .30s which is only 192kg removed. A little more weight savings than removing the 2x .50s on the P40.

Dd on a Thursday, this update... its coming tomorrow!!!

Nah. They don't do updates on Friday anymore. They need people at work the next couple of days in case a hotfix is needed.

Wow ... it sure is going to be interesting watching this one play out.  

Very unfortunate if the devs ended-up getting porked in the butt, so to speak ,with their own 'unintended consequences'.  

Edited by Wulf

Hmmmm apparently the La-5FN doesn’t have reduced fuel load? Its endurance is even a tiny bit better than the La-5.

It does have some less fuel. For the La-5 fuel capacity is listed at 521 L, for the FN it's 464 L, 57 liters less.

I don't think so... the P-39 looks good, the I-16 and regular La-5 also have 5 minute time limits and they can be used well in combat (also there's a couple random extra minutes if you need them). The stall AoA isn't that low, it's a bit higher than the Yak-1s, 18.3º vs 18º.

The speed of La5 FN look a little overestimated at 6000m, 20km/h too much faster.

The speed of second prototype was 595 km/h at sea level (in game 583 km/h), 626 km/h at 3250 m (in game 605 km/h at 2500m) and 648 km/h at 6300 m (in game 646 km/h at 6000 m)

But it was a prepared aircraft, less heavier, and no reflect the real performances of the La5FN's production especialy in 1943.

Some data I got:

La5FN "39210104"

0m =518km/h nominal

0m =556km/h boosted

3600m =582km/h

6000m =600km/h

La5FN "doublon", second prototype

0m =595 km/h

3250m =626 km/h

6300m =648 km/h

La5FN (early 43)

0m =530km/h

2000m =590km/h

5800m =610km/h

La5FN "39210109" (with structurals modifications)

0m =580km/h

2000m =630km/h

6100m =620km/h

LaFN "39213050"

0m =551km/h

3100m =579km/h

6100m =590km/h

La5FN (during official test may 43)

0m =548km/h

4000m =589km/h

5000m =576km/h

La5FN (during official test july 43)

0m =597km/h

5000m =620km/h

La5FN (autumn 43), probably what we need to approach in game.

0m =542km/h nominal

0m =563km/h boosted

3250m =607km/h

6150m =620km/h

La5FN (1944)

0m =573km/h

6150m =620km/h

La5FN (Ingame)

0m =552km/h nominal

0m =583km/h boosted

2500m =605km/h

6000m =646km/h

• Upvote 2

I'm more curious about roll rates but it's not in the data provided.

My thoughts likewise, as a flyer of both sides and airframes. They need to sort out the Lagg-3/La5 airframe roll rates as it is, and then here you supposedly have a La5FN with improved ailerons and that's quite frankly going to look a bit silly.

The roll rate and the data for that will be the thing to watch for.

Cheers

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Upvote 2

So far I see a very potent fighter in the p-39.

Pressure regulator or not engine will still require some attention switching between 15, 5 and 2 min limits in combat. It's the dive speed limit I was hoping for and it looks like it will be the first red with a reasonable power/weight ratio that can play that game.

Manual suggests an altitude of 3k for a safe pull-up from max dive speed. I'm not sure how that translates to elevator lockup at high speeds. But it's control surface effectiveness I see as the biggest risk of castration for this one.

Symmetric airfoil and electric flaps do sound interesting. Not sure what these will translate to in game.

Symmetric airfoil and electric flaps do sound interesting. Not sure what these will translate to in game.

My guesses are - flaps might be quick to deploy, and wings are very good at keeping angles stable, which is especially useful in vertical.

I'm sure the P-39 will be in for a neat suprise to those underestimating it.

From available specs (engines are the same):

P40 is doing 601km/h @ 5000m - 3000RPM, 45.5MP

P39 is doing 596km/h @ 4600m - 3000RPM, 42MP

Altitude increase the TAS a little for P40 making the difference in speeds smaller. Aircobra needs less power to run at the same speed, than Kittyhawk. A low drag frame is a very overlooked feature...

Edited by Ehret

Ok i will stop playing online then :/

No chance against good pilots if you like the 109 :mellow:

This, Team red will have a joy roaming empty skies in that uber plane

• Upvote 4