Bies

3.001 aircrafts parameters available

I don't know what game you're playing, but it aint IL2 BoS or BoK, that's for sure...

Yeah tell me what i'm playing,love those kind of ppl, lol!

If you're skilless doesn't mean others are too.

As I understand it the La-5FN initially wasn't cleared for 1,850 hp, but instead 1,650?  At least that's what I remember from the last discussion on the matter on this board?

As far as I know the thing with the early version was that because of faulty sparkplugs the boosted mode was used for less time according to Brano, initially 3-4 mins.

The power curve for these engines was posted by JtD some time ago, looks like 1650HP would be the power at 1500 meters in nominal mode. I think there it says: 1630 HP at 1000 mmHg manifold pressure, 2400 rpm at 1650 meters, it would be the point number 4 in the graph.

post-627-0-01333600-1515445303.jpg

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Yeah tell me what i'm playing,love those kind of ppl, lol!

If you're skilless doesn't mean others are too.

You only have to spend 2 sec to read the actual stats for the game to see for yourself how you're mistaken... 

But by all means continue with the insults, makes you look reeeeal bright.

As far as I know the thing with the early version was that because of faulty sparkplugs the boosted mode was used for less time according to Brano, initially 3-4 mins.

The power curve for these engines was posted by JtD some time ago, looks like 1650HP would be the power at 1500 meters in nominal mode. I think there it says: 1630 HP at 1000 mmHg manifold pressure, 2400 rpm at 1650 meters, it would be the point number 4 in the graph.

post-627-0-01333600-1515445303.jpg

I dare not make any claims to the contrary as I simply don't know enough about the engine, but I seem to recall them saying that we were getting the initial version that just barely made it to Kuban and that this was only cleared for 1,650 hp.

• Upvote 1

BS. You are essentially saying, that all LW pilots are crybabies, who can’t handle not flying the superior aircraft - of course that’s not true.

I personally think the FN seems a bit on the fast side, but the idea that this should suddenly depopulate the servers is laughable.

Why do we have to seperate people into groups?  Personally I fly both sides about the same, and I believe (or hope) that's the same for most people.

In other words it's not about people being crybabies, it's about one side being left vacant because most people will prefer to fly the 1850 hp La-5FN given the choice.  

RIP FW190.

No way! It will always have a place in my heart, even though it also has one in my gunsights.

RIP FW190.

If we don't get a 1.65ata cleared fighter version of the A5, then I'd be inclined to agree.

Why do we have to seperate people into groups? 

If you look at my post, I was actually doing the opposite.

In other words it's not about people being crybabies, it's about one side being left vacant because most people will prefer to fly the 1850 hp La-5FN given the choice.  

Maybe. The same way people used to prefer the Bf 109F4 over any other. 

Didn't mean that people didn't fly anything else, and it won't mean that now.

You only have to spend 2 sec to read the actual stats for the game to see for yourself how you're mistaken...

But by all means continue with the insults, makes you look reeeeal bright.

If you reread my post you'll see i was refering to experience in MP where using 109 advantages and exploits not actual plane stats.

Good 109 pilot using it's advantages will outrule 90% yak pilots, and outurn them.

And i didn't insult you, unlike your last post!

So if you stop whining in every performance thread and telling ppl what they do you may avoid being insulted.

If you look at my post, I was actually doing the opposite.

Then you missed his point, because I too fear it will leave one side close to if not totally vacant most of the time unless contemporary aircraft from the other side are added, like for example the 1.65ata A5, or at least 109's that can run at 1.42ata for longer than 1 min.

Then you missed his point, because I too fear it will leave one side close to if not totally vacant most of the time unless contemporary aircraft from the other side are added, like for example the 1.65ata A5, or at least 109's that can run at 1.42ata for longer than 1 min.

Why on earth would you think that? Did the VVS cease to exist back when the Bf 109 dominance was total?

Just to be clear: To the extent that the La-5FN will be at all superior to the German opposition, it will be so by less of a margin than the German 1942-43 fighters are superior to for instance the MiG, and the MiG is a rather popular aircraft online.

Edited by Finkeren
  • Upvote 1

If you reread my post you'll see i was refering to experience in MP where using 109 advantages and exploits not actual plane stats.

Good 109 pilot using it's advantages will outrule 90% yak pilots, and outurn them.

And i didn't insult you, unlike your last post!

So if you stop whining in every performance thread and telling ppl what they do you may avoid being insulted.

Stop whining? Not sure where I've been whining, AFAIK not once have I whined about anything. Seems like you don't quite understand basic communication and what an insult is.

Why on earth would you think that? Did the VVS cease to exist back when the Bf 109 dominance was total?

This is a game Finkeren, not real life where people were conscripted to fight without having a single say in the matter.

This is a game Finkeren, not real life where people were conscripted to fight without having a single say in the matter.

I was talking about the game. Back during BoS development, when the BF 109F4 was so far superior to even the Yak-1 s. 69, people didn't stop flying for the red side. Inf act: people never stopped flying red, no matter how badly they were getting seal clubbed.

Why do you think people who fly the Bf 109 or Fw 190 almost exclusively will suddenly "change sides"?

Edited by Finkeren

Just to be clear: To the extent that the La-5FN will be at all superior to the German opposition, it will be so by less of a margin than the German 1942-43 fighters are superior to for instance the MiG, and the MiG is a rather popular aircraft online.

[edited]

17. Spreading false or harmful information about the product is prohibited and will be deleted by forum administration. Claiming ignorance of the subject to justify harmful or obviously untrue info will not be tolerated.

18. Claiming that FM is incorrect without the required proof and starting a flame thread based on such claim is prohibited.

The form for an FM claim consists of:

• short but consistent description of the claim;
  • link to a reference and to a specific part of such reference that describes correct behaviour of a disputed element/situation;
  • game track record and the list of conditions used to recreate disputed element/situation.

Exception to this rule: FM discussion

Last warning

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Stop whining? Not sure where I've been whining, AFAIK not once have I whined about anything. Seems like you don't quite understand basic communication and what an insult is.

You whine now!

But yes i don't know basic communications, i'm smartass telling ppl what they play, lower your ego buddy, and you were one insulting.

I apologize for ignoring you from now on, don't take it as insult. ;)

The MiG is popular atm because it's performing VERY well in comparison to its real life / historical counterpart.

Lagg 3 is also very popular especially when it has 23mm

Edited by 3./JG15_Kampf
  • Upvote 2

I was talking about the game. Back during BoS development, when the BF 109F4 was so far superior to even the Yak-1 s. 69, people didn't stop flying for the red side. Inf act: people never stopped flying red, no matter how badly they were getting seal clubbed.

Why do you think people who fly the Bf 109 or Fw 190 almost exclusively will suddenly "change sides"?

Wasn't around back then, so I don't know if there's ever been a time where the 109F4 was "far superior" to the Yak. Reading old posts though and that doesn't really seem to be the case.

However when you get a plane that is on average 30 km/h (and much more after just 3 min) faster than the fastest opposition (Fw190), whilst also being able to outturn, outclimb and outroll it, then what do you think will happen? Not many will be flying the Fw190 anymore. The 109 will be chosen 95% of the time because at least it can defend itself against the La-5FN with tighter turns, but only for so long as it can't run away or climb away, and the sustained turn rate also wont be better for more than 1 min. 

In short you end up with one side possessing an aircraft that holds litterally all the cards whilst the opposing side is left with aircraft severely restricted by engine limits and atm significant performance discrepancies. 

The MiG is popular atm because it's performing VERY well in comparison to its real life / historical counterpart.

Lagg 3 is also very popular especially when it has 23mm

Even if you think both planes overperform, there is still no question that they are inferior in almost every aspect to the 1942-43 LW fighters, and to the Yak-1b and La-5F as well. 

If people always flock to the better aircraft, why are the MiG and LaGG popular then?

No way! It will always have a place in my heart, even though it also has one in my gunsights.

Offline or online?

• Upvote 1

If they would have taken the prototype our La-5 would fly almost 600 kph at the deck.

Picture from: Lavochkin Fighters of the Second World War by Jason Moore

post-13979-0-98053200-1519417202_thumb.jpg

In short you end up with one side possessing an aircraft that holds litterally all the cards 

That was the situation with the Bf 109F4/G2 back before we got the Yak-1b - didn't ruin MP back then. 

• Upvote 1

Even if you think both planes overperform, there is still no question that they are inferior in almost every aspect to the 1942-43 LW fighters, and to the Yak-1b and La-5F as well. 

If people always flock to the better aircraft, why are the MiG and LaGG popular then?

In my experience the MiG performs a lot better online than the La-5F does. As for the LaGG, I don't recall ever meeting one, but wouldn't surprise if I've been shot down by one thinking it was a Yak as I hear it performs almost the same.

Offline or online?

Both places.

I love the Fw 190. At the moment it's the overall best fighter in the sim, and even if the La-5FN dethrones it, it will still be the second best.

In short you end up with one side possessing an aircraft that holds litterally all the cards whilst the opposing side is left with aircraft severely restricted by engine limits and atm significant performance discrepancies. 

Panthera, this is exactly the situation we have today regarding the F4.  It simply outperforms every Allied fighter by a margin that allows total impunity of operation.

But now that the tables are starting to turn, those that have held the advantage are all upset.

Carry on I say, I'm enjoying watching all the exploding heads in here, endless minutes of entertainment.

• Upvote 1

That was the situation with the Bf 109F4/G2 back before we got the Yak-1b - didn't ruin MP back then. 

So they would outrun, outroll, outclimb and outturn the Yak-1 S.69?

Panthera, this is exactly the situation we have today regarding the F4.  It simply outperforms every Allied fighter by a margin that allows total impunity of operation.

But now that the tables are starting to turn, those that have held the advantage are all upset.

Carry on I say, I'm enjoying watching all the exploding heads in here, endless minutes of entertainment.

But that's not true at all?

Atm the Bf-109F4 is not the best turner, it's not the best in roll rate and it's not the best in speed. Furthermore it is severely hampered by control stiffening.

• Upvote 1

In my experience the MiG performs a lot better online than the La-5F does. 

I fly both a lot. I love, love, love the MiG, but even so I gotta admit, that the La-5F is overall superior both in the offense and defense, even though I can't shoot worth a damn in it. 

As for the LaGG, I don't recall ever meeting one, but wouldn't surprise if I've been shot down by one thinking it was a Yak as I hear it performs almost the same.

Ehm... no. They do not perform the same, not at all. 

LaGGs are not the most common sight, but there are a few pilots who are murderously effective in it. Doesn't mean it's very good.

So they would outrun, outroll, outclimb and outturn the Yak-1 S.69?

Yes

No, parity in roll

Yes

Yes, it could pull sharper angles.

You also forget to mention, that it dove like a meteor and could drop from orbit at any unsuspecting prey with full control authority.

Edited by Finkeren

But that's not true at all?

Atm the Bf-109F4 is not the best turner, it's not the best in roll rate and it's not the best in speed. Furthermore it is severely hampered by control stiffening.

But it is still the best overall combat aircraft in this sim, given equal pilot skills.   

I fly both a lot. I love, love, love the MiG, but even so I gotta admit, that the La-5F is overall superior both in the offense and defense, even though I can't shoot worth a damn in it. 

Ehm... no. They do not perform the same, not at all. 

LaGGs are not the most common sight, but there are a few pilots who are murderously effective in it. Doesn't mean it's very good.

Odd, I fear the MiG3 a lot more than the La-5F when flying on the waffle side.

Odd, I fear the MiG3 a lot more than the La-5F when flying on the waffle side.

You're going too slow then.

You can pretty much render a MiG completely impotent by going faster than 500km/h, while an La-5 will murder you at that speed.

You, playing online?

Yep?

Yes

No, parity in roll

Yes

Yes, it could pull sharper angles.

You also forget to mention, that it dove like a meteor and could drop from orbit at any unsuspecting prey with full control authority.

Was it faster below 3 km? It has always been faster above this alt, which mostly proves useless online.

Pull sharper angles does not = turns better overall. If the Yak can maintain a tighter circle then it wasn't a case of superiority in turn.

But with that you have either way just disclosed the idea that it held all the cards, because obviously it didn't.

However when you get a plane that is on average 30 km/h (and much more after just 3 min) faster than the fastest opposition (Fw190), whilst also being able to outturn, outclimb and outroll it, then what do you think will happen? Not many will be flying the Fw190 anymore. The 109 will be chosen 95% of the time because at least it can defend itself against the La-5FN with tighter turns, but only for so long as it can't run away or climb away, and the sustained turn rate also wont be better for more than 1 min.

Given some altitude, even the P40 should be able to out-run, and out-pull this "monstrous" FN. It's all in the specs, just stop pretending that all flying is horizontal.

You're going too slow then.

You can pretty much render a MiG completely impotent by going faster than 500km/h, while an La-5 will murder you at that speed.

Going too slow?  Finkeren I should be able to go as slow as I'd like if I'm up against a MiG in a 109, the fact that I can't atm is due to an FM issue. The real MiG was horrible in any form of angles fight, yet ingame it excels at it.

Maintaining 500 km/h in a dogfight isn't really possible, and it's completely ineffective in the 109 as well due to the control stiffening. I get the feeling you don't fly the 109 much?

• Upvote 1

Was it faster below 3 km? It has always been faster above this alt, which mostly proves useless online.

Pull sharper angles does not = turns better overall. If the Yak can maintain a tighter circle then it wasn't a case of superiority in turn.

But with that you have either way just disclosed the idea that it held all the cards, because obviously it didn't.

Yes, the Bf 109F4 and G2 were (and are) faster than the Yak-1 s. 69 at any altitude and its advantage is substantial once you go above 2000m. The Yak-1b is almost as fast on the deck but starts to fall behind as soon as you cross 2k.

The ability to pull sharper angles enables you to get a shooting solution as well as denying an otherwise better turning aircraft one. Superior sustained turn rate is only really an advantage, if the opponent commits to a prolonged horizontal turn fight, which a Bf 109 pilot worth his salt of course won't.

And yes: THe Bf 109F4/G2 used to hold all the cards in that they were faster, better climbing, better diving and could pull turns sharp enough to get a shot at you. Those are all the cards that matter. If you hold those, you have an aircraft that can dominate and dictate the fight, if the pilot knows what (s)he is doing.

• Upvote 2

Given some altitude, even the P40 should be able to out-run, and out-pull this "monstrous" FN. It's all in the specs, just stop pretending that all flying is horizontal.

First of all the P-40 is a red aircraft, so that comparison is a moot point. Second of all the La-5FN will be just as capable in the vertical as the blue aircraft, if not more due to its controls not locking up.