Jade_Monkey

Quick reference printout (engine settings, limits, temps)

Wonderful.    Just a couple of bits of feedback from my first skim through:-

You have described the moveable gunsight on the IL2-42m twice 

It might be worth adding a line for the Spitfire to say that the radiator flaps can only be opened in stages. 

I might be wrong but I don't think you can use 'Lean' mixture in the Spitfire when on reduced throttle (or has BoX not modeled that?)

A lot of the notes are identical,  such as describing how differential brakes work, so you might save space by just saying the plane uses differential brakes and referring them to the appendix.

Not complaining.  Just feedback in case you bring out another version.  It is annoying when easily fixed errors remain over several revisions because nobody mentioned them :-)

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

You have described the moveable gunsight on the IL2-42m twice

It might be worth adding a line for the Spitfire to say that the radiator flaps can only be opened in stages.

I might be wrong but I don't think you can use 'Lean' mixture in the Spitfire when on reduced throttle (or has BoX not modeled that?)

A lot of the notes are identical, such as describing how differential brakes work, so you might save space by just saying the plane uses differential brakes and referring them to the appendix.

Thanks for the feedback!

The IL2 duplication probably happened when i merged the 41 and 42 models.

The spitfire notes are straight from Han's notes. I couldn't tell you much about the mixture settings in game.

I don't want to create an appendix to de-dupe the notes because the point of them is to have them handy and in one place when you are flying. So when you want to fly one plane, you just pull up that page and it's all there, which is why i limited all notes to a single page per plane too.

Also, question for the sage pilots of this forum:

For radial engines I only listed the exhaust temps assuming those are the ones you can read on the gauges. Is that correct?

I left out the intake temps to make it less confusing.

Edited by Jade_Monkey

Thanks for the feedback!

The IL2 duplication probably happened when i merged the 41 and 42 models.

The spitfire notes are straight from Han's notes. I couldn't tell you much about the mixture settings in game.

I don't want to create an appendix to de-dupe the notes because the point of them is to have them handy and in one place when you are flying. So when you want to fly one plane, you just pull up that page and it's all there, which is why i limited all notes to a single page per plane too.

Also, question for the sage pilots of this forum:

For radial engines I only listed the exhaust temps assuming those are the ones you can read on the gauges. Is that correct?

I left out the intake temps to make it less confusing.

Some aircraft do have input temp gauges (pretty sure IL2 does) and some of the notes from 1C specify what the temps should be but I believe the effects of bad input temps are not modeled.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Super nice!!!!!!

Just few very minor suggestions from a mostly 110 driver..

It is not "necessary" to use differential thrust and/or manual pitch on taxing/takeoff, may u could write "consider using" or similar :)

I would mention to step on the brakes during startup in 110g2 especially on snow, to prevent the static swing/skid 

Super nice!!!!!!

Just few very minor suggestions from a mostly 110 driver..

It is not "necessary" to use differential thrust and/or manual pitch on taxing/takeoff, may u could write "consider using" or similar :)

I would mention to step on the brakes during startup in 110g2 especially on snow, to prevent the static swing/skid 

The text is all 100% from Han's notes here.

For now I'm going to leave it like that, otherwise it's going to be hard to keep track of all the changes in the future.

I'll post a MS Word version too if someone wants to edit and add their own notes.

The text is all 100% from Han's notes here.

For now I'm going to leave it like that, otherwise it's going to be hard to keep track of all the changes in the future.

I'll post a MS Word version too if someone wants to edit and add their own notes.

u r right, seen the official note, just trying to be helpful, would think some might be discouraged by having to try to manage dual throttles in that way, thats all; great job still!!!

Missed this first time out. Thanks for doing it -very useful indeed. :salute:

Cheers.

Fixed the latest version, three planes were not showing up in the table of contents.

Nothing else has changed.

Hi JM. Just noticed that the Oil and Cylinder Head temperatures for the A-20 are swapped. Really like these guides - thanks!

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I knew i did something weird with the temps but i thought i fixed it. I'll reupload the correct version when i get power back in my house.

THX: Nice work Jade_Monkey :)

A little question about the La-5 FN: Do you know if this plane always has an automatic adjustment of the mixture as on the plane La-5 (F) ?

I recall this info on the La-5 (F): "  Engine mixture control is automatic when the mixture lever is set to maximum. It is possible to manually lean the mixture by moving the mixture control to less than maximum. This also reduces fuel consumption during flight. "

1 hour ago, NN_Elanion said:

THX: Nice work Jade_Monkey :)

A little question about the La-5 FN: Do you know if this plane always has an automatic adjustment of the mixture as on the plane La-5 (F) ?

I recall this info on the La-5 (F): "  Engine mixture control is automatic when the mixture lever is set to maximum. It is possible to manually lean the mixture by moving the mixture control to less than maximum. This also reduces fuel consumption during flight. "

I dont know. If that's in my notes, it's directly from the devs. Maybe someone here knows more about the mixture on the La5FN.

Sorry: I was not thinking about the direct injection on the FN version: "  This new version of the M-82 featured direct fuel injection into the engine cylinder heads, as opposed to the carburetors used by the earlier M-82 and M-82F  ".

Yes, its been in my to do list for a while.

Been working on a micro campaign for the Spitfire mk.Vb in Kuban.

Ok, changes made:

• Added data for existing BOBP planes: Fw 190 A8, Bf109 G14, Spitfire Mk. IXe
  • Added a couple of default key mappings for rare engine management.
  • Added Stall Speed for new planes. I'll update the rest in the future.

Also, it seems like the forum does not host PDFs anymore, so I linked it to Dropbox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks very much Jade_Monkey.

I do have a question. For the planes with gauges that measure in mph. instead of kph. I guess a conversion is needed. Is that correct?

Also, since I'm a newb, I have added Dive limit speed to my copies, but I guess they could be committed to memory fairly easy once more experienced.

Cheers,

Chomp.

Cleaned up the file. No content changes but I removed some blank pages that were being generated when converting from word to PDF that I didn't notice last time.

Hi,

Thanks for this document. Really usefull.

Have Fun.