Bies

3.001 aircrafts parameters available

There is little or no dominance because the best attribute of the 190 (its roll rate) has been nullified. As we know, pretty much every VVS fighter in the game with the exception of the Spit somehow manages to roll as well as a 190. It's not mentioned in the historical record but that's what we have 'in-game'.

No VVS plane has roll rate like fw, la5 is close following with lagg but that's it.

For example yak which has way lower roll rate than fw but to keep up with fw rolling i use ailerons in combination with rudder at cost of energy loss so that may give wrong impresion to some about yak ability to perform barrel roll and scissors keeping up with fw.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

A3 is faster that A5.i think thats what finkeren was talking about

Shouldn't be considering the A5 can close it's air outlet.

Thats what i would think but Stat sheet says different.

Edited by bucket_109

Time to stopp playing this game on german side!!!

or dont play VVS vs Luft and wait for these to come out:

post-13-0-08443500-1510884796_thumb.jpg post-13-0-69566600-1511036585_thumb.jpg

LOL...so the La5FN will be fastest on the deck for a few months...oh the humanity!

C'mon folks, be reasonable.

The sim is growing up - planes faster even than FN are right around the corner...the developers can't make everything at once. It is inevitable that a "hot-rod" gets released ahead of the others. So what?

What happens to FN when G-14 shows up? And even more - Kurfurst? 190D-9? Even FW190A-8 is as fast as FN and faster at alt. So? Things are going to swing back and forth.

La5FN will be only Russian fighter that can compete once those late-war monsters start showing up and frankly it's going to have a very hard time once that happens. (I'm speaking about online mainly)

Should we discuss Me-262?

Russian side needs La5FN for future, or what fun will they have? Yak-1B against 109K-4?

For Kuban scenario? Campaign designers can decide. Online? Server admins can decide.

Russian side needs La-5FN like bread and water.

• Upvote 4

Yes, the Bf 109F4 and G2 were (and are) faster than the Yak-1 s. 69 at any altitude and its advantage is substantial once you go above 2000m. The Yak-1b is almost as fast on the deck but starts to fall behind as soon as you cross 2k.

The ability to pull sharper angles enables you to get a shooting solution as well as denying an otherwise better turning aircraft one. Superior sustained turn rate is only really an advantage, if the opponent commits to a prolonged horizontal turn fight, which a Bf 109 pilot worth his salt of course won't.

And yes: THe Bf 109F4/G2 used to hold all the cards in that they were faster, better climbing, better diving and could pull turns sharp enough to get a shot at you. Those are all the cards that matter. If you hold those, you have an aircraft that can dominate and dictate the fight, if the pilot knows what (s)he is doing.

It is posts like this that literally give away the fact that you probably have never ever played the game. The yak turns better than the 109 .... any 109 in game. It may lose in comparison to other 109s in other parameters like speed and clombing but having one thing you can do better does not make it hold all cards, does it? Edited by SCG_Riksen
  • Upvote 6

Guys please take your whining about FM to another part of the forum. Its not fun, its boring.

Its a game and this constant whining about one plane is faster, or turn better..its about the pilot , not the plane.

The team is doing the best. I fly mainly German planes and I really looking forward to G6, even if it is slower.

This constant bitching about FM is annoying!

• Upvote 1

No VVS plane has roll rate like fw, la5 is close following with lagg but that's it.

For example yak which has way lower roll rate than fw but to keep up with fw rolling i use ailerons in combination with rudder at cost of energy loss so that may give wrong impresion to some about yak ability to perform barrel roll and scissors keeping up with fw.

What he was simply saying is that the improved ailerons of the La5FN over the Lagg-3/La5 will further improve the roll axis performance and hence bring it even closer to being some sort of Extra 300L. Testing in single-player, the Lagg-3 is certainly as fast on the roll axis, both in acceleration and max roll-rate as the FW190, right through the entire speed range; any improved roll rate from a Lagg-3 as it is right now will simply look ridiculous on screen- Focke Wulf advantages aside.

Cheers

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Upvote 1

What he was simply saying is that the improved ailerons of the La5FN over the Lagg-3/La5 will further improve the roll axis performance and hence bring it even closer to an Extra 300L. Testing in single-player, the Lagg-3 is certainly as fast on the roll axis, both in acceleration and max roll-rate as the FW190, right through the entire speed range; any improved roll rate from a Lagg-3 as it is right now will simply look ridiculous on screen.

Really wouldn't feel believable to see any more Extra 300Ls flipping and flopping over the Eastern Front terrain.

Cheers

I don't think they will go that far, lets wait and see.

I fly fw a lot and barely lagg or la5 (yak is my vvs fighter) so i'll thrust others that can give more valid comparisions between them.

So far fw seems the most nimble beast in BoX to me.

This is such comedy gold, watching all the drama and angst over a plane that's not even been released yet.

• Upvote 9

It is posts like this that literally give away the fact that you probably have never ever played the game. The yak turns better than the 109 .... any 109 in game. It may lose in comparison to other 109s in other parameters like speed and clombing but having one thing you can do better does not make it hold all cards, does it?

He was likely talking about pre FM patch. 109 could pull insane angles, there were some experts on berloga that would snipe you from just about any angle with whatever huge deflection. Now it's not like that any more.

Why in this scenario would you take the FN all the way down to the deck?  

The 202 can't run away.  Just stay above it and kill it at your leisure.  What's the 202 pilot going to do to stop you?

Buying time and using a much higher kinetic energy (roughly 1/3 more than the La-5x can have) to pull a hard loop to gain an angle. Or just hit that +800km/h and continue in a shallow dive to friends.

Hardly any fights take place at 3 km, and if they do they almost always end up near the deck anyway.

Lol

My wingman shot you down at about 5k just a few days ago. Most likely because you were too busy complaining about flight models in chat to check your 6.

• Upvote 6

No it doesn't. If it meant that it would be a completely vacuous term, because no plane would ever meet that definition. The La-5FN certainly wouldn't.

Man, where did you buy those bags of patience? WOW!

On another note, just the same as any effing game out there. Ppl get used to having it easy, and when anything different comes that made them earn their buck with a sweat, they start crying.

If ppl could down me-262 back then with piston engine fighters, you can get a FN down with your favourite messer or focke. End of story!

Russian side needs La5FN for future, or what fun will they have?

Russian side needs La-5FN like bread and water.

La-5FN is interesting and needed,

but soviet "bread and water" is lot of modernised La-5 type 37 (or at least La-5F type 39) instead of some number of La-5FN in summer-autumn'43

Edited by bivalov
  • Upvote 1

He's part of the FM/DM police, off course its alright for him to speak like that.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Just like its alright to dislike blue pilots, but god forbid if you dislike red pilots. You know, just the double-standard over here....

No dislike of LW pilots...just dislike of whiners.  When a Russian plane gets shot down online, I almost never hear someone complain about FM/DM.  On the other hand, almost every night, I see LW pilots calling BS when their wings come off as if it is inconcievable that someone could have shot them down.  Please don't be a part of that, or encourage it in others.

• Upvote 4

No dislike of LW pilots...just dislike of whiners.  When a Russian plane gets shot down online, I almost never hear someone complain about FM/DM.  On the other hand, almost every night, I see LW pilots calling BS when their wings come off as if it is inconcievable that someone could have shot them down.  Please don't be a part of that, or encourage it in others.

But muh Erich Hartmann.

• Upvote 2

But muh Erich Hartmann.

I don't think I understand your comment.  If you mean complaints about "Erich Hartmanns", who practice the art of booming and zooming, please realize that this complaint primarily comes from the guys flying Luftwaffe low-level attack aircraft who are getting pissed off that the fighters are not coming down from 6000 meters to protect them.  I don't see the term used much when flying VVS side, by VVS pilots, because there is an obvious understanding that competent German pilots are going to use the advantages of their planes.  It's just the way it is.

Edited by Iceworm

And just exactly what is it that Red guys believe they might have to complain about?  Come on let's hear it then.  What is it that you see in the historical record that isn't available to you and then some.   Is it the roll rate; is that the problem?  Do you think the LaGG and the La-5 and Yak don't roll quickly enough?????  Is that where this is going????

Edited by Wulf
  • Upvote 1

No dislike of LW pilots...just dislike of whiners. When a Russian plane gets shot down online, I almost never hear someone complain about FM/DM.

No dislike of LW pilots? Rubbish. You yourself sprew vitriol completely uncalled for almost every night towards the blue side and people have had enough of you. I've not seen a more hateful individual towards one side as yourself.

I will add that as a red only flyer you quite frankly have no idea what it's like to have a pe2 take your wing off with it's rear gun, let alone other countless instances of frustration and sheer disbelief. As a flyer of both sides, and as others on the forum have voiced out- there are serious problems causing frustration in the MP environment, Lagg3/LA 5FN roll rates aside.

Edited by Mcdaddy
  • Upvote 2

No dislike of LW pilots? Rubbish. You yourself sprew vitriol completely uncalled for almost every night towards the blue side and people have had enough of you. I've not seen a more hateful individual towards one side as yourself.

I will add that as a red only flyer you quite frankly have no idea what it's like to have a pe2 take your wing off with it's rear gun, let alone other countless instances of frustration and sheer disbelief. As a flyer of both sides, and as others on the forum have voiced out- there are serious problems causing frustration in the MP environment, Lagg3/LA 5FN roll rates aside.

I tend to call out people who spam out the chat with their constant complaining about Flight Models, (or else their constant need to turn the chat into a private conversation that everyone has to listen to).  Other than that, I comment very little.  I don't have a lot of respect or tolerance for people who are constantly making excuses and complaining in the chat about flight models or damage models every time they get shot down. 

p.s. Since you present yourself as very knowlegeable about "how it is", and the problems that Luftwaffe pilots face, would you mind if I ask who are you are on Wings of LIberty?  I can't even find somebody in recent WoL stats named Mcdaddy except for a guy named PuffyMcdaddy who appears to have less than 100 hours total online in the game, less than 10 kills total, and almost never returns from a sortie.  That can't be you, could it? 

Edited by Iceworm

I find the p-39 a very interesting aircraft. Oh boy am I glad It's soon out.

I, myself, think the Yak-7B will be an unexpected gem. I have no idea why no one has complained about it yet......

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's not hard to visually compare the Pe-2 and Hs129 /Bf110/Heinkel.

The former is a flying tank, the latter 3 have their wings snap of like twigs the moment 20mm touches them

• Upvote 1

Thank you for this topic. If this is any indication for how the first days after the patch play out on the servers, then we are looking at fun times ahead. :lol: Since the La-5 is my favourite VVS plane right now, I suppose I'll enjoy 3.001 very much.

Edited by JG4_Etherlight
  • Upvote 1

I am really surprised to see all of the reactions. It's not the end of the world.

1. Wanting a refund because the 20$ flying brick (about g6) is hilarious. Did you spend money to destroy everything on an online server? Nihil novum sub sole. I bought a G6 and I am getting a G6. If you want to expend money to win every combat I can recommend you some other titles.

2. La5FN is a great addition. Maybe it's too fast, maybe it's too slow. It's a plane when used to its limits is going to be deadly like any 109 or Fw190. And also, are you sure people is going to use the La5FN at 100% in every situation? It's one of the more complex planes to fly and if you treat her well she will reward you with superb performance. We are getting a La5FN, thats for sure

• Upvote 3

So far what I have read is pretty spot on regarding the ingame FN. Like others said the prototypes were even faster. The current La-5 we have ingame has 1700hp on the deck. So a 1650 hp FN wouldn't make any sense if i have understood the worries correctly. The FN was a major factor in the turning point of the air war in the east. Since it was late for Kuban we wont see it very often on the servers. However will have a role in late maps of TAW.

I recommend "Lavochkin Fighters of the Second World War" to have an overview.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 2

I, myself, think the Yak-7B will be an unexpected gem. I have no idea why no one has complained about it yet......

I think so too.

Because the Yak-7B is an improved Yak-1. Twice the firepower for pretty much the same performance, plus that you can effectively lengthen the amount of firing time you have by only firing the twin 50 cals first (like in the MiG) which is plenty enough vs fighters and then when they run out, switching to ShVAK.

Edited by RoflSeal

Notably its introduction date is listed as May 42, should be way more impactful on the red capabilities than the few rare times FN will show up.

• Upvote 1

I find the p-39 a very interesting aircraft. Oh boy am I glad It's soon out.

Yup - should be able to keep tons of smash easily and unlike the La-5x, there will not be any easy tactic to avoid it.

La-5FN is interesting and needed,

but soviet "bread and water" is lot of modernised La-5 type 37 (or at least La-5F type 39) instead of some number of La-5FN in summer-autumn'43

The FN has it's place, the Germans were investigating captured example in mid 43

But as said the missing ( or more 'usable') aircraft is the later model, cut down fuselage La-5F with improved aero (although it seems to exists in 'parts' in the sim  :cool: )

As I understand there were many instances of units using various La-5, La-5F and La-5FN's of different series operating at the same time, with the newer aircraft being given to the better pilots, about 1500 FN's were delivered to frontline units before end of 43

Cheers, Dakpilot

Yes and no. 

In GB, USA, Germany, France etc. parameters of certified prototypes were matching exactly the parameters of serial aircrafts. In USSR no, because of many reasons. Prototypes were specially prepared, made lighter, extremally well polished, manufactured manually by the most experienced, small team of ОКБ beauro engineers. Their role was to impress state commission during the test presentation and to get the contract.

Serial aircrafts were heavier, had worse quality surface, worst quality of different elements of engine, equipement and serial aircrafts used by units fly slower, climb slower, turn slower (or turn well to the one side and not so well to the the other..) etc. etc. Man can write a book about that.

So what about Forzazh being impossible to activate above 2000m?

keep calm friends.....Yes last 4 years VVS pilots were still defending against uber fast LW planes. Now the situation is getting to be equall, and blue pilots are crying? Come on....

So you will be just killed more times.... thats all what will change...so everything is ok.

Cheers :D

I guess that in 41/42 a Luftwaffle could quit the fight if things went downhill, in `43 he has to stay and fight. Yaks/Spifires down low and Lavochkins up high. Tough.

OTOH, things seem rather optimistically modeled for the VVS - the P39 having the auto governor preventing from overspeeding (which was not a LL feature but added later by the Soviets and not common anyway).

So what about Forzazh being impossible to activate above 2000m?

It’s not impossible to activate, it’s just ineffective. As long as you stay in supercharger gear 1 you can activate it, but it provides no benefit above 2000m.

At least that’s how it works on the La-5.