Han

Developer Diary, Part 185 - Discussion

Investors do not necessarily own equity nor share losses.

Get your terminologies correct.

Shareholders* if you will.

We are still not investors in IL2.

Investors do not necessarily own equity nor share losses.

Get your terminologies correct.

I'm calling the Quibble Police. :rolleyes: We may not investors, but many of us feel invested in the sim.

How about Stakeholders? at the risk of gettiing nauseously corporate and new-Labour...

• Upvote 1

Shareholders* if you will.

We are still not investors in IL2.

What we are, is really the most important thing to these developers.

We are customers!

;) 

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 2

I am pretty deeply emotionally invested in IL*2. I've invested a lot of time and effort into learning and skinning.

Wevare customers aye, and stakeholders. But then again even Barry the Hamster who powers Wings of Liberty using his Freedom wheel is, in fact, a stakeholder.

I know exactly what you mean. I really look forward to the weekly developer updates and it's killing me not hearing anything. Come on guys, throw us a bone!

• Upvote 1

Looks like there are quite a few of us in the same boat.  I've checked both sites (il2 Sturmovik & Stormbirds) nearly every day over the last two weeks.

I know exactly what you mean. I really look forward to the weekly developer updates and it's killing me not hearing anything. Come on guys, throw us a bone!

Jason says they are busy. That's news enough for me. It means they are hard at work getting 3.001 ready. Hopefully it means they are trying to push ahead of the delay.

• Upvote 1

I think if somebody feels inverstor or not, it is just their feelings and it is not a duty to everyone feel the same. The real is we all are in a waiting for what we already paid, many one of us waiting for more than a year,  who can't deny what's real. I just wish not to diying in this waiting. Just because we are used to got some news oftenly in a week. But you know last news was in 2017. Of course I am desperated!  :wacko:

• Upvote 1

Nice info for sure. I'm really looking forward to version 3. The one thing that struck me where the ammo boxes for the A-20 gunners. The dorsal gunner has about 2/3 seconds of fire before changing the box again....  :huh:  

Grt M

I think the shooter forced a reload at that point and didnt empty the belt to keep the video shorter. 

It looks like a lot smaller ammo box than typical for M2. On vehicle mounts it usually has a tray that holds a standard big green rectangle ammo can with 100 rounds belt. This box looks like maybe 50 rounds at most. I know in the big bombers there was just a guide tube for the ammo belt and the ammo came from a larger box out of the way.

It's a 30-round can:

Original Item: Very Few Available. As used by B17 flight crew members these are the Type 0-1, Browning ANM2/M3 30 round .50 Cal. Machine Gun B-17 and Similar Aircraft Ammunition Box (93-24673), A.S.C.# 5200090900. These were used on ANM2 Ring Carriage mounts during WWII, as there was not room for a larger box.

on3458__1.jpg?v=1505529376

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 1

Jason says they are busy. That's news enough for me. It means they are hard at work getting 3.001 ready. Hopefully it means they are trying to push ahead of the delay.

I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work, time and effort the Team are putting into getting 3.001 ready, and I have no doubt it will be an excellent product and well worth the wait.  Likewise, I'm sure we all want to hear how they are progressing, but I also understand they are focused on completing the update.  Patience is a virtue as they say  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work, time and effort the Team are putting into getting 3.001 ready, and I have no doubt it will be an excellent product and well worth the wait.  Likewise, I'm sure we all want to hear how they are progressing, but I also understand they are focused on completing the update.  Patience is a virtue as they say  :biggrin:

Very well put and very British, gawd bless ya sah!!  :salute:

Edited by Raptorattacker

Here here chaps, I'm off for a quick spin in the old kite then back home for tea and medals.  Chocks away!   :big_boss:

Only one simple question, did somebody heard something about expansion taking place in Pacific Theatre to be realesed in next year or 2?

The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the multi-player lobby with chat and coop and whatnot. I'm still learning and multiplayer is pretty daunting, being a flight sim newbie. I feel like I'm getting a handle on things pretty well now, even engine management and maneuvering are coming along nicely,I think. Life has finally calmed down again so I am hoping to be flying lots for the foreseeable future

No we are not.

Investors own equity and get to share profits and losses. We are customers.

Pre-orders dont make you an investor.

YES IT DOES.

We have invested in the future of the development team by providing money up front to keep them going. You can invest time in a project, invest money in a child's future, invest in a kickstarter project. Get a dictionary please!

• Upvote 2

All you've said is correct, but you are still not an investor.

Are you financing IL2? Absolutely. Are you in a way making it possible to happen? Probably.

Are you an investor? Nope. Same with kickstarter. Not an investor.

• Upvote 1

YES IT DOES.

We have invested in the future of the development team by providing money up front to keep them going. You can invest time in a project, invest money in a child's future, invest in a kickstarter project. Get a dictionary please!

You pay for a product, you're a customer, period. The fact you pay before getting the product, or the service, doesn't change that. It's the case here with a pre-order, or if you build a house, have a suit tailored to you, and so on.

An investor buys stocks or shares in the hope of earning a profit, which is not the case here.

The money goes, in one form or the other, partially or fully, to a company for example, but to different accounts in either case, with different rules, taxation, impacts on the results and so on. It's really not the same.

Do you pay for their future? I do hope so. As you pay for the future of a locksmith if you order a new lock for you front door, but you're just not investing - or if you do, you're a very bad businessman ;)

(I'm not sure this thread of conversation is serious or ironic, but I'll just play along :D)

You pay for a product, you're a customer, period. The fact you pay before getting the product, or the service, doesn't change that. It's the case here with a pre-order, or if you build a house, have a suit tailored to you, and so on.

An investor buys stocks or shares in the hope of earning a profit, which is not the case here.

The money goes, in one form or the other, partially or fully, to a company for example, but to different accounts in either case, with different rules, taxation, impacts on the results and so on. It's really not the same.

Do you pay for their future? I do hope so. As you pay for the future of a locksmith if you order a new lock for you front door, but you're just not investing - or if you do, you're a very bad businessman ;)

(I'm not sure this thread of conversation is serious or ironic, but I'll just play along :D)

More semantics.

Equivocation is a pretty poor fallacy to base an argument on.

We invest in IL-2.  ;)

I suppose the difference that's trying to be put across by some is that no matter how much cash we have spent and hours we have played the dev's don't "owe" us anything and can do what they want with regard to development.

This is their baby and they can do what they like.

Obviously, they're not that mercenary and are folk just like us but we don't "own" them nor have any right to dictate what we want upon them.

Luckily they seem rather cool and are giving us what me mostly want.

:)

That is really stretching it. The fact that pre-orders became popular is made for several reasons, one of them being EU legislation not catching up to reality. When you take into account consumer laws in the EU, preorders are the very essence of anti-consumer practices because they contradict laws of the consumer (indirectly). In a perfect world there would never be such a thing.

• Upvote 1

Debating semantics isn't proving a point.

We're investors in IL-2.

Get over it. :rolleyes:

[Edited]

Edited by Bearcat
  • Upvote 2

I think the topic has run its course when this type of discussion appears 

Agreed. Hopefully this will get pushed down the page soon with either a new DD or even update release. :coffee:

Not responsible, just not legislating the matter soon enough. If EU does anything about companies practicing preorders, it will be a decade too late. When the cat`s away the mice will play.

Pre-orders help with forecasting sales for the physical media era so that too many games weren't produced, like the Atari video game burial. Gamespot started pre-orders for the reason of forecasting sales for physical media.

The EU is the least of the reasons for pre-orders and this is the first time I've ever heard that as an excuse.

Ironically, il2 is actually the most perfect example of how pre-ordering should and can be!

Have been burnt in the past by others and won't pre-order any other product personally, which incidentally is who I see it comes down to: me, not the EU.

Exactly. I've seen nothing wrong in Il-2 so far, for sure.

More semantics.

Equivocation is a pretty poor fallacy to base an argument on.

We invest in IL-2.  ;)

Semantics? No, those are significant financial differences, and completely separate motivations.

That is really stretching it. The fact that pre-orders became popular is made for several reasons, one of them being EU legislation not catching up to reality. When you take into account consumer laws in the EU, preorders are the very essence of anti-consumer practices because they contradict laws of the consumer (indirectly). In a perfect world there would never be such a thing.

Err, what is stretching it? Those are simple facts and definitions. I suppose you meant to reply to someone else's post. ;)