Han

Developer Diary, Part 185 - Discussion

This is kinda a win lose no?

The sim is finally getting the amount of players we want online all the time, but now we cant join server because full :)

This is kinda exciting but maddening at the same time

Hmmm... Hopefully (and undoubtedly) the 'powers that be' will take note and NOT go down the route of 'other similar themed games' in an effort to address this?

• Upvote 1

Hmmm... Hopefully (and undoubtedly) the 'powers that be' will take note and NOT go down the route of 'other similar themed games' in an effort to address this?

If you're talking about some sort of timed matchmaking system, ya no, I hope not. We'll maybe have to duplicate servers :P
  • Upvote 3

Nice info for sure. I'm really looking forward to version 3. The one thing that struck me where the ammo boxes for the A-20 gunners. The dorsal gunner has about 2/3 seconds of fire before changing the box again....  :huh:  

Grt M

Nice info for sure. I'm really looking forward to version 3. The one thing that struck me where the ammo boxes for the A-20 gunners. The dorsal gunner has about 2/3 seconds of fire before changing the box again....  :huh:  

Grt M

I think the shooter forced a reload at that point and didnt empty the belt to keep the video shorter. 

It looks like a lot smaller ammo box than typical for M2. On vehicle mounts it usually has a tray that holds a standard big green rectangle ammo can with 100 rounds belt. This box looks like maybe 50 rounds at most. I know in the big bombers there was just a guide tube for the ammo belt and the ammo came from a larger box out of the way.

Today is the last working day of 2017. Officially.

It would be more interesting to know which day is the first working day in 2018 :)

(non-officially)

• Upvote 1

This may sound like a simple question, but with all the new features projected for the next update, what will happen to older missions and scripted campaigns?  Will they be able to run under the newer version or will they have to modified?

This may sound like a simple question, but with all the new features projected for the next update, what will happen to older missions and scripted campaigns?  Will they be able to run under the newer version or will they have to modified?

AFAIK it wont affect the scripted missions or older stand alone missions adversley.

I *think*

But make a back up of your control input file anyway........... :unsure:

I'd recommend for the authors of missions and campaigns to check their work after the 3.001 release (especially if you've already started working with the Kuban map, there will be a lot of changes).

Both official scripted campaigns (Ten Days of Autumn and Blazing Steppe) will be significantly redesigned for the new version.

• Upvote 9

This may sound like a simple question, but with all the new features projected for the next update, what will happen to older missions and scripted campaigns? Will they be able to run under the newer version or will they have to modified?

The only thing that I could imagine messing the files is the new additional cloud layer.

I'd recommend for the authors of missions and campaigns to check their work after the 3.001 release (especially if you've already started working with the Kuban map, there will be a lot of changes).

Both official scripted campaigns (Ten Days of Autumn and Blazing Steppe) will be significantly redesigned for the new version.

Very interesting news. Curious to know what is changing with the two campaigns? I assume you'll be doing things like taking advantage of the new dual layer clouds and that sort of thing. Are there other changes planned?

Very exciting about the scripted campaigns! Oh and welcome back, hope you and the team had a great Christmas and New Year! :)

Could you tell us mission builders what needs to checked? And will it be necessary to resave all missions?

Very exciting about the scripted campaigns! Oh and welcome back, hope you and the team had a great Christmas and New Year! :)

Thanks but we started our work on January 9 this year :)

Could you tell us mission builders what needs to checked? And will it be necessary to resave all missions?

I can't reveal all details before the official change log for 3.001 is released, I'm sorry.

Some info about Kuban map:

1. Many roads will be changed, you'll need to check the movement of all columns and ground battles along the roads

2. Six towns and a port will be added:

Троицкая - 0822

Черноморский - 1021

Верхнебаканский - 1118

Красный Октябрь - 0818

Курчанская - 0717

Камыш-Бурун (town and port - the base of German torpedo boats) - 0708

You'll need to check the movement of the columns and ground battles at these places.

• Upvote 3

Very interesting news. Curious to know what is changing with the two campaigns? I assume you'll be doing things like taking advantage of the new dual layer clouds and that sort of thing. Are there other changes planned?

I'm in the middle of the Ten Days in Autumn campaign so am curious what the new changes will be!

Ten Days of Autumn:

1. All missions will be completely reworked and brought to the modern standard (like future IL-2 campaign for BOK)

2. New planes will be added and the complexity will be increased in some missions

Blazing Steppe:

1. All missions will be brought to the modern standard (like future IL-2 campaign for BOK)

2. The map overlays will be completely redesigned and expanded for all missions

3. The localizations will be corrected and possibly in the future German localization will be added

• Upvote 4

This isn't gonna be just a drop of cream !!      It's going to be one almighty dollop !!

:biggrin:

This isn't gonna be just a drop of cream !!      It's going to be one almighty dollop !!

:biggrin:

:good: 

Bring it on!

I am so looking forward to this update!

Ten Days of Autumn:

1. All missions will be completely reworked and brought to the modern standard (like future IL-2 campaign for BOK)

2. New planes will be added and the complexity will be increased in some missions

Blazing Steppe:

1. All missions will be brought to the modern standard (like future IL-2 campaign for BOK)

2. The map overlays will be completely redesigned and expanded for all missions

3. The localizations will be corrected and possibly in the future German localization will be added

Sounds really interesting. I look forward to replaying those campaigns!

Thanks for your professionalism and updating the old material. It really means a lot for us the customers.

Edited by -=PHX=-Spartan-
  • Upvote 4

Those who have already the two campaigns, Tend Days of Autumn and Blazing Steppes will get the new versions free of charge?

Will it be automatic with the 3.001 release?

I have BOS and BOM. By getting BOK in 3.001 I get automatically an update of BOS and BOM at the same standards with the new campaign modes etc. etc.

Is this correct. All in one shot?

Those who have already the two campaigns, Tend Days of Autumn and Blazing Steppes will get the new versions free of charge?

Will it be automatic with the 3.001 release?

I have BOS and BOM. By getting BOK in 3.001 I get automatically an update of BOS and BOM at the same standards with the new campaign modes etc. etc.

Is this correct. All in one shot?

Those who have already the two campaigns will get the new versions free of charge

I've already finished all works for Blazing Steppe and now I'm working on TDoA, I hope it will be ready by the time of release 3,001

• Upvote 3

Really looking forward to 3.001 BlackSix.   Happy New Year to you and the rest of the Team! :salute:

Edited by DD_Arthur

I will definitely have to fly Blazing Steppe again after the update!

I will definitely have to fly Blazing Steppe again after the update!

Buy ir again? So does that mean that some of us will be able to have TWO versions then, if we've already bought it?

Buy ir again? So does that mean that some of us will be able to have TWO versions then, if we've already bought it?

No - fly it again, not buy it again.

;) 

hello,

When can we expect a new developper's diary ?

Edited by II./JG77_Taog

Thanks for your professionalism and updating the old material. It really means a lot for us the customers.

I concur. The fact they are willing to support the older modules without attempting to charge has made me a loyal customer. I plan to buy all the modules this company puts out.

No - fly it again, not buy it again.

Oh yeah, sorry. My mistake. Tired and old (one)eye!  :rolleyes:  :salute:

I concur. The fact they are willing to support the older modules without attempting to charge has made me a loyal customer. I plan to buy all the modules this company puts out.

I'm with you on that. After years of WT, being in this community is a positive breath of fresh air!!  :biggrin:

Edited by Raptorattacker

Is it only me feeling a looooong waiting for Kuban? desperated to fly that airacobra! No news, no updates, no signals, god I'm dying...

• Upvote 1

Nope. It is not only you. It’s sad not to have any news.

Much of that is because we're not just players, we're investors. Our expensive pre-orders focus our attention on getting something in return. Personally I'm pleased that the team has had a chance to stop and rest.

• Upvote 1

I don't feel like an investor, they'll give us info when they're ready :)

That's just my take though :)

• Upvote 1

Much of that is because we're not just players, we're investors.

No we are not.

Investors own equity and get to share profits and losses. We are customers.

Pre-orders dont make you an investor.

• Upvote 2

We're not investors. You don't "invest" in a pre-order game, you simply pre-order the game and wait for it's release.

Pre-orders is not investing, in fact it's cheaper to pre-order than to wait for the full development cycle to complete.

One thing to keep in mind though is that this next patch is the most ambitious one yet to date. There is a huge amount of content in this one.

No news is a sign that they are working feverishly to get this update out. I am hoping they haven't run into anything serious that is delaying release even further.

• Upvote 1

Investors do not necessarily own equity nor share losses.

Get your terminologies correct.