Han

Developer Diary, Part 185 - Discussion

The gun telescopic sight is great. I believe we will get player controled infantry soon :) 

One of those noone expected surprises that happens a lot here thanks the Lord :) 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

Looks great guys. Any chance we'll be able to access the navigators position in the A-20? It'd be a massive loss if we couldn't switch to it.

Nice work as always, keep up the good work! :P

Was the A20s dorsal gun ammo capacity really just a few seconds or were they changing early just to show us the animation?   That La-5FN looks like a beast!   I cannot see the 'LW Only' pilots being very happy.   The forum is going to need an 'All LA5-FN whines go here.' thread just to keep the boards clear for other subjects :-)

I doubt much more would fit in that box, maybe 50 rounds or so?

Belt fed guns are you suggesting ??? Hey don´t look at me.... :rolleyes:

I am still waiting for 111s turrets  :lol:

Part of our team that finalizes the game bits that are required for 3.001 release will continue to work on holidays. This is a personal decision of each team member and I can only respect them.

:salute: You and they have my respect too sir!  What commitment and passion for excellence!  Thank you for all you do for the IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles Series.  2018 is shaping up to be a terrific year.   

• Upvote 1

Great end of year DD,

looking amazing.......... but that P39 though!!!

Happy New Year!

Cheers

It looks great. I think we have a great future in this simulator. Although I almost do not fly, I always have the joy of such announcement.

I thank the entire team for their hard work and wish good luck, but especially a lot of health in the New Year 2018.

PilsnerPilot from Pilsen. :salute:

Was the A20s dorsal gun ammo capacity really just a few seconds or were they changing early just to show us the animation?   That La-5FN looks like a beast!   I cannot see the 'LW Only' pilots being very happy.   The forum is going to need an 'All LA5-FN whines go here.' thread just to keep the boards clear for other subjects :-)

Well the LA5 FN WAS a beast. A well flown one will be a LW pilots worst nightmare!

FINE! I bought the rest of the planes and stuff, you twisted my arm, devs...  :salute:

Ditto, dadgummit.

:angry:  :cray:  :dash:  :umnik2:

very good look for the A20 in air on the video !!

good look also for the new P39 ;

for the team , gratitude for working on hollydays .

have a good end of this year to everybody

Edited by sport02

Loving this update, very cool stuff.

I can't wait for the La-5FN. That kite looks wonderful.

That being said, the fuel gauge looks pretty durn low, which may explain how it manages to fly this amazingly. Or it could just be a 100% fuel load for the FN, to be fair, since it had famously short legs.

Great update!

@ Han

I swear it´s the last time I bring this issue from DD Diary 183 up again.I really dont want to sound like a nerd or nitpicking but according to the very few original sources,the skin from Lobanov´s La-5 should be corrected.(The logo of M-82FN engine is not painted over the red heart)

Whishing all the best for the new year and happy Holidays to the Team.

post-102894-0-18359000-1514579247_thumb.jpg

post-102894-0-50750400-1514579260_thumb.jpg

post-102894-0-47628600-1514579268_thumb.jpg

post-102894-0-09824400-1514579309_thumb.jpg

post-102894-0-07113800-1514579316_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hum, a question: just what is the La-5FN's armament? 

I see a cannon in the spinner, and two more in the cowling. Are we therefore getting better armament than our current La-5?

I see a cannon in the spinner, and two more in the cowling. Are we therefore getting better armament than our current La-5?

It's the same as the La-5.

Great update, I'm really looking forward to this. As a Lufty, I'm not looking forward to the 5FN and I guess a "sneak up from behind and below" is out of the question with the A20.

Awesome update and I wish the team a very very good 2018.

I hope sales will exceed expectations and you guys will get the chance to make a lot more awesome stuff.

All the best.

What you see on the spinner is a starter tooth used to rev up the prop if the electrical starter fails. It was not possible to install an engine mounted cannon with the Shvetzov engine.

The armament of the La-5FN will be the same as for the La-5. At some point in its production run, I think the FN got an increased ammo load of 200 rounds per gun, but this early model will have the same 170 rounds per gun as the La-5.

Edited by Finkeren

The armament of the La-5FN will be the same as for the La-5FN. 

I have to agree on that. It`s exactly the same  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

I have to agree on that. It`s exactly the same :biggrin:

Curse you autocorrect!!!!! :(

Curse you autocorrect!!!!! :(

Don`t use it ever is my advice :)

Edited by LLv24_Zami

What you see on the spinner is a starter tooth used to rev up the prop if the electrical starter fails. It was not possible to install an engine mounted cannon with the Shvetzov engine.

The armament of the La-5FN will be the same as for the La-5. At some point in its production run, I think the FN got an increased ammo load of 200 rounds per gun, but this early model will have the same 170 rounds per gun as the La-5.

Aah, ok then. Thank you. :)

That was a feisty airshow display there at the end of the vid- Amazing and happy new year to the team!

That's not a cannon in the hub - that cap is for the starter.

Twin 20mm ShVAK cannons as others have said are exactly the same as the La-5 Series 8 that we already have. The armament didn't change much (except ammo count) until some late model La-7s which had three B-20 cannons replace the two ShVAK's.

Great update,and thank you, since its in alpha now , the AI problem in Kuban has been fixed? I am flying a PWCG in Bf 110 G and all my squadmates crash into the mountains after bombing the objective.

Love that map though and looking forward to the new updated ones.

An amazing dev team creating a work of Art. I wish that I could work for your team and not the fin-tech losers that I DO work for. Be proud; you deserve it!

Kudos guys for working in the holidays and all the new goodies. Methinks A20 and P39 might be my mounts for some time in the future.

Happy New Year, shall this massive patch be ready for end January or February? Great work, do not over work the development team there is a lot of work coming after finishing this game. Thanks to all and happy new Year 2018.  :salute: 

Excellent work guys, nice to see all the aircraft actually flying in game rather than static images, much to look forward to in the next update, love that A-20 and P-39. :cool:

Have a great holiday all, I hope the New Year is good for you and your families. :salute:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin: