Coconut's dynamic campaign hardcore and casual

coconut

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

The sentence you did not understood was meaning, that after flown mission and landing on home AF we did not got a message what we destroyed in the list.

The list you see by pushing tab-key (I think).

So we restarted a new mission (new plane by meaning) as we thought that than the mission before would be officially ended and we would be able to see our hits and destroyed ground stuff.

But also nada.

Not sure if its supposed like that, but maybe its a bug?

"When a region is captured, so are all the airfields in that region. During a capture, most of the planes automatically get destroyed, but some may be taken over by the conqueror. Depending on the server settings, captured planes can be used by players. The NORMAL server allows the use of captured planes, whereas the EXPERT server is set to forbid it."

That is interesting.

By "capturing" you mean you could fly than enemy aircraft?

Or more that your available counts get increased?

On the normal server you can fly captured aircraft, on the expert server you cannot. You can see the captured aircrafts as static aircraft at the base though. If the enemy recaptures the base he gets them back and has an instant # of aircraft available there. So arguably you should destroy your own (captured) static aircraft at a forward base and take the penalty. OR: leave them there and the enemy might not be clear what is German or Soviet aircraft so they would act as "decoy" aircraft.

Kuban map has a large area with mountains to the south , its never used, are there any objectives that can be placed there to use it?

LeLv30_Redwing

I was late to the party so I wouldn't mind a replay of Kuban.  Maybe Stalingrad after the release of the new textures.

Me too, Kuban would be great if possible? :drinks:

Edited by LeLv30_RedWing

I think he said the moscow one had issues, would basically get hung up with the AI on either side declining to attack the other. 

VBF-12_Snake9

Just want to say thanks for the server.  It's a great mix of single player, coop, and multiplayer all rolled into one.  This server has got me playing IL2 again.  

I vote for i16 (I"ll fight A5s with it just to have it.)   :)

[WATR]smoke63b

Hey guys. Just wanted to say thanks so much for these servers. We're new and love the concept. There are a few of us starting to play almost exclusively on your servers.

Having said that, did the Normal server disappear? We can't find it tonight and do not think we're ready for the Expert server.

Edited by [WATR]smoke63b

6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann

Could we try having Autumn and Summer Maps with Non Preheated Engines? In Winter the Engines were always Pre-Heated, but not in Warmer Temperatures as in Autumn and Summer. 

Could we try having Autumn and Summer Maps with Non Preheated Engines? In Winter the Engines were always Pre-Heated, but not in Warmer Temperatures as in Autumn and Summer.

I had it like that by mistake in the early days. It wasn't all that fun IMHO, especially for twin-engines.

Minor update deployed: auto-bans for players who commit multiple friendly fire. Once is allowed, to make room for fuse issues when bombing in groups and other honest identification mistakes. On the second instance you get a 48h ban.

In case of repeated abuse, I can manually extend a ban to longer periods.

awesome missions last night.

IL2 wingman and i shot down a 109 en route to recapture an airfield

in another mission we were in Migs, got attacked by a 109 patrol, got him smoking- and during the engagement, attcked some bombers getting transferred head on. then helped an i16 fighting a 202 with one last squirt of ammo...flew back ti Kalinin which was engulfed in flames and smoke. all in VR

fantastic. you couldnt script it any better

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Yeah....we love your server....still.....some of us (me including) are not (yet) very skilled pilots at first of all. And secondly, we, mostly over 30 with a wider diameter of responsibility in private and working life, coming here for fun, engaging and flying at all.

Soooo.....

........I think we just had a very bad day yesterday :hunter::crazy::bye:

• Like 1

VBF-12_Stick-95

Coconut.  When I first came on the server I attacked friendly ground targets thinking they were enemy.  I received the warning messages but thought they related to someone flying through my bomb blast.  As a result I repeated the mistake in another sortie.  It wasn't until later that I realized the icon color issue.  You might want to make it very clear in the OP that players should put their color settings on "Blue Friendlies - Red Enemies" to eliminate any confusion.

SCG_OpticFlow

Yeah....we love your server....still.....some of us (me including) are not (yet) very skilled pilots at first of all. And secondly, we, mostly over 30 with a wider diameter of responsibility in private and working life, coming here for fun, engaging and flying at all.

Soooo.....

........I think we just had a very bad day yesterday :hunter::crazy::bye:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePDe-EpjUbs&t=2s

The Camps at the tank battle are for decoration only AFAIK.

@@KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 Just a couple quick reactions to some of your comments in the video:

• Bombs at airfields are not only transported by planes. Moreover plane transports do not transport only bombs. Plane transports are a small part of the larger supply transport system. Supplies are used to rebuild broken buildings, provide ammo to defenses and also to provide bombs at airfields
  • Plane numbers: The small number of planes at forward airfields may be unhistorical, but AFAIK planes did not appear on airfields magically. Someone had to fly them from the rear airfields.

In general, the plane wasting problem is a problem I will get around to address at some point, but it takes time to implement.

• Upvote 1

Axis won the campaign on the Normal server. What map should I put next?

• Moscow autumn
  • Stalingrad summer
  • Stalingrad autumn
  • Velikie Luki winter
  • Kuban autumn

SCG_OpticFlow

Had tons of fun on the expert server today,flying cargo to front airfields and return go rear airfield.I could do that for hours,it's only a shame that the reward is ZERO points.I think Coconut's expert is going to be my main playground for the next future! ;)

You get the golden euro-pallet medal for outstanding logistics service :D

• Upvote 2

Axis won the campaign on the Normal server. What map should I put next?

• Moscow autumn
  • Stalingrad summer
  • Stalingrad autumn
  • Velikie Luki winter
  • Kuban autumn

kuban ! moscow also terrific as are the others

JimmySolarium_VR

i´d loved to see Moscow Autumn.

Kuban is cool too, but not everyone has the Kuban early access yet, so limits are high for those players.

KG22 and ARTOA had a blast on your Server yesterday! As i wrote you via PM, thank you for your grat Campaigns!

4.jpg

6.jpg

13.jpg

• Upvote 2

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

@@KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 Just a couple quick reactions to some of your comments in the video:

• Bombs at airfields are not only transported by planes. Moreover plane transports do not transport only bombs. Plane transports are a small part of the larger supply transport system. Supplies are used to rebuild broken buildings, provide ammo to defenses and also to provide bombs at airfields
  •  
  • Plane numbers: The small number of planes at forward airfields may be unhistorical, but AFAIK planes did not appear on airfields magically. Someone had to fly them from the rear airfields.
  •  

In general, the plane wasting problem is a problem I will get around to address at some point, but it takes time to implement.

Thanks for clearing things out :)

Yes, they dont appear by magic there.

Well, I really like and understand the transition thing and I dont have a problem to sit in a Ju52 by myself as you saw.

I think it is a question of balance, as many pilots including me, can not play 24/7, not even close to 10 hours per week.

So, we want to fly out for fighting mostly, otherwise we would play airliner simulation or so :lol:

And why our transition flight with 3 undamaged StuKa's were not counting?

Later on thery were also not on the AF. A bug?

Beside that, your server and atmosphere there is awesome and we WILL come back :dance:

PS:

My vote for Stalingrad summer

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

My Sqdn (85) also uses our own teamspeak....if anyone wants to join us (109.169.56.196:11057)     Russian side only.........they are welcome

No.85_Camm

I think it is a question of balance, as many pilots including me, can not play 24/7, not even close to 10 hours per week.

I will raise the number of AI transfer flights. Maybe that will help a bit

And why our transition flight with 3 undamaged StuKa's were not counting? Later on thery were also not on the AF. A bug?

Maybe. I can take a look if you tell me which mission this happened (day and hour you flew)

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Saturday evening.

If the ingame message time is correct, than at about 20:13 + (CET).

I will raise the number of AI transfer flights. Maybe that will help a bit

Would be great.

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

@@KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 I have checked. The number of Ju87 at Gorki went from 0.9 to 4.9. In other words, 4 Ju87 were added. Are you sure there were no Ju87s there? Couldn't other people have used them before you?

After landing (finally :) ) we "finished flight" and were in the servers main menu again. We were waiting a bit and could not see any Ju87. Can not remember exactly, but I think some of us waited 5 minutes.

If there is no "cooldown" after transision, than they were definitly not there.

We noticed last saturday something more maybe.

It was once, that I checked some AF for StuKa and there have been 4 of them. I said "lets take AF X" but my wingmen were saying its 0. Than I checked again and suddenly it was 0.

2 incidents were exactly after very few seconds players have taken the Ju87?

Could it be possible, that the AI is immeadetly taking off with them and re-transfer it somewhere? (Could be an explaination)

They show up on the next mission

For example: 

Mission 1

Airfield A has 5 Ju-87

Airfield B has 0 Ju-87

Players fly 2 Ju-87 to Airfield B and finish flight

Airfield A has now 3 Ju-87, the other 2 are not available, I guess they are in the hangar being serviced

Mission ends

Mission 2

Airfield A has 3 Ju-87

Airfield B has 2 Ju-87

Latest update appeared to cause server overloads (on the expert server). Or maybe it was a coincidence. I have moved back the number of AI plane transfers to 3 per plane type (I had raised it to 8) and also diminished the number of AI patrols. I hope this will fix it.

Regarding the accumulation of tanks at Rzhev: Orders are issued to move them out, but it could be the outgoing columns are too small, and tanks appear faster than they leave, or there is a bug preventing proper accounting of tank departures. I'll keep looking at it, probably won't be fixed before next week-end.

Hey Coconut, I just started playing on your server recently and I was doing a cargo mission with the Ju 52 but the airfield I delivered to did not update its "stock" and stayed in the negative. Am I doing something wrong ?

Hey Coconut, I just started playing on your server recently and I was doing a cargo mission with the Ju 52 but the airfield I delivered to did not update its "stock" and stayed in the negative. Am I doing something wrong ?

It updates at the start of the next mission.

71st_AH_Mastiff

Hi Coco, [i left the server] when the server message popped up stating anything past this point will not be counted, So I asked if I could just quit the server and everybody said yes and then I look at the stats, I'm not being counted, nor in my squadron nor in the sorte didn't count too.

it would be fair to say that message is miss leading.

post-429-0-09408600-1516770570_thumb.jpg

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

• SYN_Haashashin pinned this topic