Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

Nice news, i just have ordered battle of Botddenplat e and LA5 FN and Bf109 G6.

nice news about the plane set. i like so much the Me262 and  i'm so happy about the tempest.

Shane.

Maybe at some point we need a more generic launcher for the game. One that lets you select the Sturmovik or Circus or tank of your choice along with the suitable scenario/map.

• Upvote 1

The Tempest did use rockets in WW2.

Can you give me a link where you got that info from mate... As far as I can remember it never carried rockets in combat in WWII, only post war.

Well in my point of view, and it is based on multiple forums and facebook.

I know no pack will suit all, in this case it did not suit me. Nevermind 

I think it would be cosidereable more value in the Operation Bodenplatte if the Mosquito and ME 410 was added, even as a expencive addon to this. Keep in mind I am more a Beufighter and Dornier 217 K type of guy. So this is me being objective  :huh:

I know this means a lot of work, but these two is the only complaint out of this forum this pack get. And it would fit well

But was the capability there during WW2? I think that's the more relevant question.

If the reason they weren't used was because there were alternative platforms that could deploy them, the reality ingame is that we don't have these (yet).

In the end its up to the devs, but I don't feel like its particularly more realistic that we'd have no way of using RP3 at this stage in the war.

You make a good point.

Yes, capability was there. The RAF tested and certified the Tempest V to carry rockets. They just didn't operationally though some did employ 500lb bombs.

Tempests were tested and capable of carrying rockets.

Acording to the magazine Flypast ,it was tested but never  used with Rockets. When delivered they where rushed to service for dealing with late type German fighters, and then V1 Rockets . Many Spitfire squadrons had taken its role as groundpounders together with Typhoons . I understood the article like it was made and planned as a pure fighter , like the Typhoon , and this time they got it right.

But it might have been its speed that made it more valuable in other roles than a weapon platform with Rockets

Ordered Thank you all.Wow P-38 and new Rise of Flight.

Just to give the community an idea about the kind of huge slowpoke I am: seriously you 777guys had a tanks game /sim out and I didn't know????
I remember years, ago, a demo showing an awesome tank running around and shooting, so I should have known you had the tech know-how to produce tanks stuff. But about TANK CREW, really I didn't know anything, and it is great news to me!

Just to give the community an idea about the kind of huge slowpoke I am: seriously you 777guys had a tanks game /sim out and I didn't know????
I remember years, ago, a demo showing an awesome tank running around and shooting, so I should have known you had the tech know-how to produce tanks stuff. But about TANK CREW, really I didn't know anything, and it is great news to me!

Seems they did the right thing for the series. Very good strategical descision on Jason's part here.

Edited by 2./JG51_Fenris_Wolf

Seems they did the right thing for the series. Very good strategical descision on Jason's part here.

They are mimicking the old Il2 series path. The coincidence  is likely because  there is some deep good logic in it.

Really excited about the announcement, especially Bodenplatte that's a great aircraft lineup. I think it'll make an amazing single player campaign.

That said from a multiplayer perspective I have to confess to being a little bit wary about ... everyone's favourite topic: balance. Some of us have had quite a bit of multiplayer experience involving good recreations of P-51Ds and Spitfire Mk IX's facing off against 109 K4s and 190 D-9s. In the real WWII there was (of course) an enormous numbers imbalance between the two sides ... but that doesn't tend to happen online. The result has generally been pretty predictable: total German domination ... which honestly isn't all that fun (even for those of us that mostly fly German!), and a lot of us stopped flying that scenario because of it. To say nothing of the Me 262 which should, essentially, be completely untouchable if flown well.

I'm not saying it's definitely going to be a problem, there could be ways to manage it ... but it is honestly a concern.

• Upvote 1

To say nothing of the Me 262 which should, essentially, be completely untouchable if flown well.

The same could be said about a Thunderbolt. Well... As long as if there's no ME 262 around.

The same could be said about a Thunderbolt. Well... As long as if there's no ME 262 around.

So I'm a huge fan of the P-47, and I think it's hugely underrated. In my opinion it was really the P-47 that broke the Luftwaffe, and not the P-51, as by the time the P-51 arrived the LW were already well on the back foot. And yes, against 109 G6's and 190 A5/A8 it's extremely competitive.

But .. planes like the P-47 live and die by their speed, and especially (in online play) speed on the deck. And both the FW 190 D9 and the Bf 109 K4 are both quite significantly faster than the P-47. The FW 190 D-9 in particular is also the equal of any P-47 in diving, rolling, high speed manoeuvring, and armament, which are the key qualities of a BnZ fighter like the P-47. In short, as much as I love it, in my opinion it's well out matched in that company.

Yes, in theory, a P-47 can orbit at 40,000ft and probably be safe (although be afraid of the 109 K4, it is also excellent at altitude) ... but that's not how online multiplayer typically goes.

We shall see how they compare with this team and engine. In the old '46 she was a very competitive lone wolf Luftwaffe spanking machine.

I'd have left the 262 on the shelf or done the Arado bomber if the team needs a tech test bed for jets. The 262 seriously skews all of the piston powered combat. Both sides are fairly evenly matched, otherwise, without it. Hopefully, most servers will limit or prohibit it's use for the most part. I'm here for the rumble of pistons and props. I can wait for Korea for the jet stuff.

Fortunately majority of people play SP so server limit for 262 is no issue for us :salute:

Edit: Arado as a collector plane would be nice

Edited by Voidhunger

Actually the Me 262 A-2a is a lot more relevant simply given the numbers. I./KG 51 had about 25-30 serviceable Me 262s on January 1 1945 whereas Einsatzstaffel III./KG 76 barely managed to field 10 serviceable Arados. Both KG 51 and KG 76 had a somewhat different mission - which was mostly about post-battle damage reconaissance. Of course the Me 262s were given the additional task of shooting down allied fighters if encountered and since they were forced to carry two 250kg bombs (for stability reasons on take-off) they were instructed to drop them on allied AAA emplacements. But the primary mission was BDA (Battle Damage Assessment).

EDIT: Devs are you reading this? Wouldn't that be a nice single mission? ;)

Of course the 262 will be mostly left out of MP setups. It's never been different and it probably won't ever be different. ;)

Edited by csThor
  • Upvote 1

The 262 will be easy to handle if you're aware of it's presence.

Gentlemen

I congratulate you on the choice of the next theater of war, after the excellent Battle of Kuban ... the Battle of Bodenplatte!

Relive the Combat of the Ardennes, the attack on the 17 allied airfields, the heroic resistance at the base Y 29 ... was an excellent choice ...

The landscape also promises quite ... plains, rugged terrain in the Ardennes forest, the Sombrero Mountains near Y 29 that look like cones placed on the plain ... there would be a large covered area → ± 500 × 300 km !!!

The choice of aircraft could not be happier ... Spitfires MK IX, P 47, P 51 (with the famous squadron 352, blue nose bastards), the Tempests (with its powerful Saber engine driven by aces like Pierre Clostermann ), the P 38, which becomes very maneuverable by applying asymmetrical acceleration in its engines. On the German side the Me, model K, Fw's 190 with radial and longitudinal motors (the famous long nose) and the star of greater magnitude, Me 262, which with its armament and speed opened up entirely new tactical possibilities. I also really liked the inclusion of the A.I. B-25.

Very happy also, to extend the exploration of the armored ones, that today are restricted to the mission "Last man" summer / winter for Pz III and T-34. The new pilot armored and the scenario → Prokhorovka, where the largest armored battle was fought were perfect!

Good luck at work and all the best for you all !!!

As much as I love this, It is a clear money grab!!! (BUT A GOOD ONE)

It still to me is like offering all the legs! O well will be good!

I'll take a wild guess and say the Tank Crew project will be partnered with Graviteam members from Steel Fury and Steel Armor. Oh please be so!

• Upvote 1

As much as I love this, It is a clear money grab!!! (BUT A GOOD ONE)

It still to me is like offering all the legs! O well will be good!

They can grab more of my money if they want, if it gets me the Bodenplatte plane set, Flying Circus :dance: and the Pacific campaign back on the drawing board.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Bodenplatte,LA 5 FN,ME 109 G6 purchased!

I'm looking forward to it, keep it up!

Thanks Team!

Edited by Ballermann

Wonderful news. Just to be picky One of the bonus pictures shows a Tempest with rockets I think that's wrong The Tempest never used rockets in WW2

Had another look at the picture, from the thickness of the wing root I think it is a Typhoon.

Yes it does; too thick and centre section has anhedral. I think the canopy is also too far forward for a Tempest (which was further aft). But it's only a picture...

Yes you will need to buy improved airplanes and a new map. How the heck am I supposed to survive as a company if I have to not sell you things that require labor to complete? I may be able to offer a discount to ROF owners if they behave themselves as we build FC.

Jason

Hi Jason,

Yes, we completely agree with you. Most of us have bought aircraft and addons from 777 not because we desperately wanted them, but because we wanted to support your company, which in the long run, means more of the stuff we do want, BUT....

Let me explain is the most polite terms why the FC1 decision upsets some of us. For the multiplayer community, ROF was great, but for those who were after a single player experience (for me, mainly do to poor internet options) we were promised a single player mode. Myself I spent over $300 on ROF always being told our concerns were being addressed and single player would be delivered. And it never was. Never. We did get the Beta Career, but it was never finished and even you have to admit it was terrible; and true, PWCG was better but it was third party and resulted in a lot of jumping around to play a simple mission. The result was I spent most of my time in a game i'd payed $300 flying endless quick missions. 

I'm NOT asking for FC1 to be free or even discounted to ROF owners but please understand that some of us do feel a little betrayed by ROF that we payed for a game that never was finished and now are being asked to do it again.

Thankyou for reading this.

Spoon

Mulitplayer may be where the money is made, but singleplayer is the gateway drug to the multiplayer addiction. Most of us started there.

• Upvote 2