PatrickAWlson

PWCG 7.1.0 Released - Fixes and Improvements - lots of them

On 10/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, ShugNinx said:

Thanks for your answer.

I understand from this previous post that the skins folders should be placed in ...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins, but where should the Audio folder contained in PWCGCampaignMusic.zip be placed ?

Sorry for the lame questions, I whish there was some readme file, and so far my searches on this subforum didn't return anything useful.

Unzip it into the PWCGCampaign directory.  You will end up with a new folder: PWCGCampaign\Audio

On 10/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, jasta11ace said:

Hope this is what you need. 

New folder.zip 1.44 MB · 1 download

The issue is the skin names that you edited in.  The game is really, really persnickety about text in almost anything (name, description, file references, you name it).  The only thing that you can use are 0-9, a-z, A-Z, and spaces.  That's it.  If you rename your skin files to use camel case it will work.

I removed all three skin names and the mission worked.  I think the killer was P51D  Jammin' Janny ... that apostrophe.  Rename it P51DJamminJanny and it will work.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I encountered another problem with the strange behavior of PWCG, on the screen you can see that the squad leader has a hostile marker color, fortunately he behaves friendly, sometimes the marker colors are gray regardless of the conflict side. problems?

5_29.jpg

PWCG 7.0.0

Flying Circus 

Bug fixes:

Fixed error that could cause planes not to appear

Voices are now correct language

Me 262 payload description corrected

KG 51 (Me262) moved to concrete airfields

Removed restriction on leave time to allow for serious wounds to heal.

Fixed P51 and Tempest "Planes Owned" icons

@8ELT_Grzesiek 

Not sure why the oddities around markers but I did fix the Countries list in the mission file so that might help.

Did your campaign really produce a pilot named Patrick Wilson?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Because of the need for FC and Bos to live side by side the PWCG install directory for BoS has been renamed PWCGBoS (was PWCGCampaign)

If you want to continue a campaign just copy the campaign folder from PWCGCampaign\Campaigns to PWCGBoS\Campaigns

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG 7.0.0

Flying Circus 

Bug fixes:

Fixed error that could cause planes not to appear

Voices are now correct language

Me 262 payload description corrected

KG 51 (Me262) moved to concrete airfields

Removed restriction on leave time to allow for serious wounds to heal.

Fixed P51 and Tempest "Planes Owned" icons

@8ELT_Grzesiek 

Not sure why the oddities around markers but I did fix the Countries list in the mission file so that might help.

Did your campaign really produce a pilot named Patrick Wilson?

I was convinced that the pilot "Patrick Wilson" is no accident, I did nothing in this direction.

1 hour ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

I was convinced that the pilot "Patrick Wilson" is no accident, I did nothing in this direction.

It is an accident.  Patrick is in the first name files and Wilson is in the last name files so they got put together.  Hope he flies better than I do :) 

Hi Patrick,

Trying to continue a co-op campaign and have copied over the campaign folder but the campaign entry on the initial PWCG screen is greyed out. Do I need to bring over additional files from the BosData folder as well? eg contents of User folder perhaps? Do I need anything else?

Thanks

1 hour ago, No457_Stonehouse said:

Hi Patrick,

Trying to continue a co-op campaign and have copied over the campaign folder but the campaign entry on the initial PWCG screen is greyed out. Do I need to bring over additional files from the BosData folder as well? eg contents of User folder perhaps? Do I need anything else?

Thanks

Just tell PWCG which planes you own again - that is the file that's missing.  Easier just to go into planes owned and do it again.

On 10/26/2019 at 1:07 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

By campaign I assume you mean a series of missions and not a career mode.  Just make the missions.  The game only cares if you own the products that you are using.  It does not care what plane goes on what map.

Before the Rhine map came out I  put American and British units and planes on the Stalingrad map.  As long as the player owned both Stalingrad (map) and Bodenplatte (planes) they could play it.  I switched to the Rhine map as soon as that became available.  I never did Kuban but the same holds true: as long as you own Kuban and the planes you can do it.  Similarly you could put Russian planes on the Rhine map.

If you are talking about career then the same holds true but you have to do all of the work to create a career (units, placement, front lines, equipment, generate pilots, etc.).

Hi Pat, sorry - should have given more detail. What I am trying to do is get a USA squadron of P40's onto the Kuban map. I've figured out how to edit the names to American, and I tried changing the country to USA in the personnel file, but the voices are still Russian (I am using 7.0). Is it possible to insert a fake USA squadron into a Kuban campaign on the Russian side, that will use the American radio voices?

Thanks again

And I came across another problem with the continuation of the campaign, let this time illustrate everything about:

P.S. Patrick Wilson is still alive and continuing his aviation career but I can move him to a quieter section of the front so he can experience this "war" ;)  Error-2.jpg

Edited by 8ELT_Grzesiek

@8ELT_Grzesiek 

Been reported and fixed locally. Typo in the vehicle designation.  It's supposed to be vi (Tiger) and not iv (Mk IV)

In the meantime find pzvi-h1.json and delete it.  That will get you going.

• Thanks 1

@8ELT_Grzesiek 

Been reported and fixed locally. Typo in the vehicle designation.  It's supposed to be vi (Tiger) and not iv (Mk IV)

In the meantime find pzvi-h1.json and delete it.  That will get you going.

Thank you Patrick.

What to do to replace the current Bodenplatte map contained in PWCG with the one from the game yourself?

1 minute ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

What to do to replace the current Bodenplatte map contained in PWCG with the one from the game yourself?

Option 1: let me do it.

Option 2: do it yourself (the maps are just JPEGS).

I would go with option 1 :) .  Seriously though, thanks for the reminder.  I had this on the mental to do list but never documented it on my trello board.  I'll probably get it done by tomorrow and released by Sunday.

7 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Option 1: let me do it.

Option 2: do it yourself (the maps are just JPEGS).

I would go with option 1 :) .  Seriously though, thanks for the reminder.  I had this on the mental to do list but never documented it on my trello board.  I'll probably get it done by tomorrow and released by Sunday.

OK thank you :)
I already had the maps ready but I was afraid that I would get something wrong, I don't understand why there are three sizes of each map in PWCG and that stopped me from interfering with the generator structure.

4 hours ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

OK thank you :)
I already had the maps ready but I was afraid that I would get something wrong, I don't understand why there are three sizes of each map in PWCG and that stopped me from interfering with the generator structure.

There are five sizes, 50% - 150% zoom. Default is 100%.  You can zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and it will use the different zoom levels. 

PWCG 7.1.0

Changed AAR to accommodate changes in logging. Made better use of damage records for victory calculation.
Changed AAR to eliminate records after mission finished, fixing issue of being shot down if finishing the mission in the air.
Changed bombers to keep formation and release all bombs at once when level bombing.
Updated Bodenplatte map images
Significant update to mission routing to ensure missoin box size is respected.
PWCG will now create msbin (binary mission) files, allowing for much faster load.
- Be aware that these files take up to 3 minutes to create.
- Occurs upon accepting a mission
- Can be disabled through Main->Configuration->User Preferences and then set create binary file to 0 (zero)
Bugs:
Fixed Tiger vehicle file.  Added code to automatically remove bad file.
Fixed excessing damage messages ind ebrief
Fixed smoke and buildings floating in some missions
Fixed reversal of American and British voices
- Air traffic is still Russian.  Will look  into that.
Fixed incorrect runway placement.  Planes were about 20 yards too far left.
Fixed no role for 2 seater squadrons on FC coop campaigns
Fixed cannot use pilot campaign after pilot death.  Verified that add pilot allows continuation.
Fixed pilot picture changes do not take effect until campaign is reloaded
Could not fix:
Mission flight path does not appear on Arras map for FC.  Created mission on ME (no PWCG involved) and path did not show.  Exact same construct worked properly on BoS maps.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

All sounding great with some nice improvements, thanks so much Pat!

Dumb question on my part here, been away from the sim for a bit and hope to get back into it here soon.

Is Cold Start still an issue or is it working properly now? I seem to recall it was broken after one of the more recent updates?

I got so used to using and enjoying it I would really miss it now, though I certainly could if it is not when I start back up.

Thanks again,

7 minutes ago, dburne said:

All sounding great with some nice improvements, thanks so much Pat!

Dumb question on my part here, been away from the sim for a bit and hope to get back into it here soon.

Is Cold Start still an issue or is it working properly now? I seem to recall it was broken after one of the more recent updates?

I got so used to using and enjoying it I would really miss it now, though I certainly could if it is not when I start back up.

Thanks again,

It was not broken but also not yet implemented on the Bodenplatte map (or Arras map but for WWI taxi doesn't really make sense).  Still not implemented on Bodenplatte

1 minute ago, PatrickAWlson said:

It was not broken but also not yet implemented on the Bodenplatte map (or Arras map but for WWI taxi doesn't really make sense).  Still not implemented on Bodenplatte

Ok thanks much Pat!

(or Arras map but for WWI taxi doesn't really make sense)

Perhaps does make sense for being able to start the engine yourself though.

How does coop with multiple player squadrons work exactly?

We have one Yak squad and one IL2 squad.

We only get one briefing for the IL2 squad, the yak squad gets no map markers.

Also weirdly the one player I have a map of, his waypoints aren´t labeled with stuff like "Target final" but only numbered, so the IL2s couldn´t find the target.

Any tipps? (using the newest PWCG 7.1.0)

Imagines:
This is how my map looked like (host)

2019_11_4__21_16_41.thumb.jpg.b59e4d2cf2c1dc03fddea59c529544bf.jpg

and thats the IL-2 leaders map (VR)

fbb4474048a0d843e94d0b3cac9a1b9f.png.17fbf9576a2a90fac2a1bdb5a21c4cc5.png

4 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@Leon_Portier Still a work in progress in that regard.  I have no idea if the game even supports multiple mission maps for multiple flights.

I didn´t see anything like it in the mission editor too, I enjoy the PWCG coop very much.

May I suggest to draw the waypoints for all player flights on the map?

Its a little messy I know, but it would reduce confusion. My current solution is to screenshot the PWCG map with waypoint and share that pic.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:22 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG 7.1.0

Thank you

Yesterday, when attempting to test a PWCG 7.1.0 generated COOP mission, my squaddies were not able to connect to my server.  Is COOP now porked (again) after the IL-2 BoX 4.0 update?  I was running 4.0 at the time. 

On 11/8/2019 at 11:04 PM, 1./KG4_EKat said:

Yesterday, when attempting to test a PWCG 7.1.0 generated COOP mission, my squaddies were not able to connect to my server.  Is COOP now porked (again) after the IL-2 BoX 4.0 update?  I was running 4.0 at the time. 

What was the error and how did you solve it?