Jump to content
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 7.1.0 Released - Fixes and Improvements - lots of them

Recommended Posts

On 10/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, Semor76 said:

 

Would be cool if I can get an answer. 😉

 

Cheers

No

8 hours ago, -332FG-Hank_DG said:

Hey pat, i appreciate the update with new map and aircraft, job well done. Do you plan on fixing the russian radio chatter?

 

Yes

On 10/13/2019 at 4:57 AM, Hartigan said:

It seems start parked option is broken. It gives me the same error message. When i choose start runway , it will let me access to mission briefing

 

Parked is not yet done on the Rhine map.  That will come at a later date.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Patrick,

 

Huge thanks for all your work. I have a problem that has never happened before. It started on Sunday. I was flying the 6.2.0 version, which had been working perfectly. I initiated a new mission for the BP P-51 campaign and it showed up in the IL-2 Missions. When I pushed the "Start" button, the page flickered as if it was going to load, but it didn't, It just stayed on the same page no matter how many times you click "Start". Last night I discovered 6.3.0, which is really cool with the new map. I removed the PWCP from the game folder and downloaded a fresh install. The first mission loaded in game when I pushed "Start". The second mission went back to doing the same thing, in game, and not loading. I know you have your hands full but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

 

Forgot to mention, previously flown missions will load, just not a new one.

 

Cheers and thanks.

 

 

 

Edited by jasta11ace
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jasta11ace said:

Hi Patrick,

 

Huge thanks for all your work. I have a problem that has never happened before. It started on Sunday. I was flying the 6.2.0 version, which had been working perfectly. I initiated a new mission for the BP P-51 campaign and it showed up in the IL-2 Missions. When I pushed the "Start" button, the page flickered as if it was going to load, but it didn't, It just stayed on the same page no matter how many times you click "Start". Last night I discovered 6.3.0, which is really cool with the new map. I removed the PWCP from the game folder and downloaded a fresh install. The first mission loaded in game when I pushed "Start". The second mission went back to doing the same thing, in game, and not loading. I know you have your hands full but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

 

Forgot to mention, previously flown missions will load, just not a new one.

 

Cheers and thanks.

 

 

 

 

Can you post the mission (zip up .missionand .eng file - need both) in the bug thread?  The game will refuse to load for three reasons that I am aware of:

1. Player does not own the plane or the map.  Doesn't sound like the problem in your case.

2. The mission contains items that are not actually in the game.  This can happen if changes to the game happen and PWCG is out of synch.

3. A plane or AI object is not properly specified.

 

2 and 3 are issues that have to be fixed within PWCG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With regards to the downloaded PWCG skin pack, does the data folder containing the skins get put in the same game folder as the current data folder of skins? I notice some of the subfolders of individual planes are empty, no skins inside. Is this because there are none  created at present for that particular plane? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZiggyBClark said:

With regards to the downloaded PWCG skin pack, does the data folder containing the skins get put in the same game folder as the current data folder of skins? I notice some of the subfolders of individual planes are empty, no skins inside. Is this because there are none  created at present for that particular plane? 

 

You are correct on both counts.  In . order t work the skins have to end up in the game's skins folder, not anywhere in the PWCG folder structure.  If they are empty then there are no skins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patrick,

 

a few observations from my 262 career with I./KG51 so far:

 

- Start date should be allowed from 9/44 onwards, because technically Kommando Schenk was 3./KG51 and active from 05.09.44 from Rheine/Hopsten, before that from Volkel.

- Kommando Schenk was amalgamated with I./KG51 in 9/44 at Rheine.

- Started 1/10/1944 in Essen/Muehlheim. Squad mates have problems with start. Runway too short? 2/3 sorties resulted in crashes for them.

- Why not use Rheine, Hesepe, Achmer for I./KG51 as they used them historically? Longer concrete runways might give the AI better chance for a successful sortie

- Bomb selection in PWCG was 2x250kg, in game it is 1x500kg?

- Attacked targets near Spa, Volkel and Malmedy. AI seems to be incapable to drop their bombs?

- Minor point: weather is way too good and sunny for north-german/dutch fall. More cloudy and rainy days please.

 

If you get the time, it might make sense to look into that. Otherwise congrats to have the Rhineland map integrated into PWCG.

 

Suggestion: Create III./JG54 with Fw-190 Doras at homebase Achmer from 9/44 onwards. Those guys were flying top-cover for the Jets of Kommando Nowotny, KG51 and KG76 (Arado 234) in the area Hesepe, Rheine, Achmer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sevenless Appreciate the feedback.  Will certainly move to different airbase better suited for jets.  Will also do something about the payload description.  Can also move up the start date.  all are simple enough. 

 

Making the AI drop bombs is more difficult.  Reviewing that is on the to do list but might not be immediate.  The game changes and PWCG doesn't always change with it.  It can pay to review an AI issue to see if there is something to be done.

 

I'll have to review but I think weather is configurable in advanced configs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

I'll have to review but I think weather is configurable in advanced configs.

 

Patrick, thanks for looking into the stuff. Short questions to your weather config:

 

I get it that the sum of all cloud settings is 100% and that I can change that as I like. That is absolutely fine.

 

What I don´t understand is the numerical value 3 given to Overcast. What does that mean? Every third mission? 3% of all days? Can you explain please?

 

Also max turbulence set to 3. On a scale from 0-10 ? With 10 = maximal turbulences ?

pcgw weather.jpg

 

Addendum: In every mission where you decide to end the mission in flight over friendly territory you will lose your plane and the plane counts as crashed. Is this intentional that you have to land your plane in every mission?

Edited by sevenless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

You are correct on both counts.  In . order t work the skins have to end up in the game's skins folder, not anywhere in the PWCG folder structure.  If they are empty then there are no skins.

 Thank you, and just to be sure, that means there will be two data folders side by side, the PWCG data skins folder and the

original skins data folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Patrick,

is it (or will be) possible to continue in german career from Kuban to Bodenplate? 

 

I made a try with leave option (to speed campaign - every 30 days) and after 1/1/1944 I was not able to jump into another month. And when I start career at 1/8/1944 - I was on Kuban for whole August and then (1/1/1944) career jump to BP map to JG I./1.

 

Historicaly Crimeria was taken back by Red army on 12. May 1944 when last german resistence was eliminated.

Edited by Columbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Columbar said:

Hi Patrick,

is it (or will be) possible to continue in german career from Kuban to Bodenplate? 

 

I made a try with leave option (to speed campaign - every 30 days) and after 1/1/1944 I was not able to jump into another month. And when I start career at 1/8/1944 - I was on Kuban for whole August and then (1/1/1944) career jump to BP map to JG I./1.

 

Historicaly Crimeria was taken back by Red army on 12. May 1944 when last german resistence was eliminated.

 

The Eastern campaign is not intended to extend past early 1944.  I may not stop a player from continuing but really PWCG stops keeping track of movement after Jan/Feb 1944.

 

The idea is to link east and western campaigns for Germans.  It would require a 9 month layoff.  P.S.  The new Bodenplatte on the Rhine map starts in September and not August.  Try advancing to September.  The old BP career on the Stalingrad map started in August because ... why not?   However, September is the earliest that I can do anything on the Rhine and even that is stretching it quite a bit,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry Pat

I need your assistance:

 

OK Guys I have a few questions please.

 

1. How do I make it so that I'm not using basic flight characteristics, in other words I want to have engine management for each player.

 

2. Can I add separate FG's in a mission. I have my group the 361FG and the 487th FS and we want to fly a mission as each separate unit in that mission is there a way?

 

3. Also is there a way to have cold engine starts? I’m using the Rhine map...

 

4. I have 12 players right now in a mission but PWCG only allows 11 slots, is there a way to add more slots to a mission?

 

5. How do I delete a Pilot in Campaign?

 

I would appreciate any feedback thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Sorry Pat

I need your assistance:

 

OK Guys I have a few questions please.

 

1. How do I make it so that I'm not using basic flight characteristics, in other words I want to have engine management for each player.

 

2. Can I add separate FG's in a mission. I have my group the 361FG and the 487th FS and we want to fly a mission as each separate unit in that mission is there a way?

 

3. Also is there a way to have cold engine starts? I’m using the Rhine map...

 

4. I have 12 players right now in a mission but PWCG only allows 11 slots, is there a way to add more slots to a mission?

 

5. How do I delete a Pilot in Campaign?

 

I would appreciate any feedback thanks guys!

 

1. I imagine that is a server setting.  The mission files do not specify things like that.

2. To support players across multiple squadrons the campaign has to be a competitive campaign.  This is true even if the players are on the same side.

3. The Rhine map does not currently support cold start.  Every taxiway has to be mapped and I have not had time to do that yet.  In fact, I have to learn how because colds start has been done by Murleen to date.  Probably not going to happen in days.

4. For that many players it would be necessary to spread them across multiple squadrons, which gets back to question 2.

5. That cannot be done right now.  Also on the to do list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Pat one more question, please.

 

How does one edit the squadron list when adding a pilot, you have the 362nd in there but I would like to add the 361st FG please, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@PatrickAWlson really enjoying the new update, great work as always. 
 

There’s just one thing I’m not entirely sure about. I have my maximum number of Axis and Allied flights set to 2, and a maximum aircraft count of 16 each, so that there’s a maximum of 2 flights of 4 attackers/bombers each, with four escorting fighters each. However, looking at my last mission in the mission editor, there seems to have been 5 Allied flights of 3 aircraft each. Is this a glitch, or a misunderstanding on my part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

@PatrickAWlson really enjoying the new update, great work as always. 
 

There’s just one thing I’m not entirely sure about. I have my maximum number of Axis and Allied flights set to 2, and a maximum aircraft count of 16 each, so that there’s a maximum of 2 flights of 4 attackers/bombers each, with four escorting fighters each. However, looking at my last mission in the mission editor, there seems to have been 5 Allied flights of 3 aircraft each. Is this a glitch, or a misunderstanding on my part?

 

The five allied flights sounds like a glitch.  If you say two allied flights it should be two allied flights.

 

The max planes is a bit more complex and maybe not quite what you think.  It is a kill switch on the number of planes that will spawn.  So if you have max planes set to 5 PWCG might still put 15 planes in the mission but the kill switch will trigger after the fifth.  I am guessing the kill switch is not all that precise either.  Every spawn increments a counter which in turn triggers the kill switch (a series of MCUs that disable further spawns).  However, it seems entirely possible that a flight of four could spawn even if the number remaining is only one, given that the flight will spawn near simultaneously while the kill switch will take a second or two to kick in,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi !

I have a strange problem with the P-51 campaign, maybe let these pictures explain what they mean. 

 

As you can see airport engineers have not thought through the matter  😮

2019.jpg

201.jpg

Edited by 8ELT_Grzesiek
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

As you can see airport engineers have not thought through the matter  😮

 

 

This was probably due to the transfer of squadrons from the Stalingrad placeholder for Rhine, to the Rhine map proper. If you let Pat know what Squadron and what date this is, it will help him to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reinstalled PWCG and have no previous problems but, unfortunately, fighting on the American command side are in Russian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, 8ELT_Grzesiek said:

I reinstalled PWCG and have no previous problems but, unfortunately, fighting on the American command side are in Russian.

The problem is that PWCG still generates all allied objects as USSR. You need to open the mission and change them from USSR to UK or USA after resetting the countries to default in the properties.

 

You can also open the .mission file with Notepad++ and find and replace the country=101 entries with 102 or 103. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 7:26 PM, sevenless said:

 

Patrick, thanks for looking into the stuff. Short questions to your weather config:

 

I get it that the sum of all cloud settings is 100% and that I can change that as I like. That is absolutely fine.

 

What I don´t understand is the numerical value 3 given to Overcast. What does that mean? Every third mission? 3% of all days? Can you explain please?

 

Also max turbulence set to 3. On a scale from 0-10 ? With 10 = maximal turbulences ?

pcgw weather.jpg

 

Addendum: In every mission where you decide to end the mission in flight over friendly territory you will lose your plane and the plane counts as crashed. Is this intentional that you have to land your plane in every mission?

If I remember correctly, it is 30% clear, 40% light, 20% avergae clouds and 10% heavy. If you want overcast, you should lower the other percentages. That is how it was explained earlier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R said:

The problem is that PWCG still generates all allied objects as USSR. You need to open the mission and change them from USSR to UK or USA after resetting the countries to default in the properties.

 

You can also open the .mission file with Notepad++ and find and replace the country=101 entries with 102 or 103. 

 

DOH!  I've been opening them up in the Editor and taking forever...totally didn't think about copy-paste the mission file.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 71st_AH_Rob_XR-R said:

 You need to open the mission and change them from USSR to UK or USA after resetting the countries to default in the properties.

 

Hello everyone.

thanks for the trick.

I do not understand this...Could you please give more details ? You mean in the editor?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Guims said:

Hello everyone.

thanks for the trick.

I do not understand this...Could you please give more details ? You mean in the editor?

 

 

At the moment the "nation" parameter is set to Russian.  I have to write some code to use the correct (Russian or British or American) setting.  At the moment I am still eyeballs deep in FC and therefore not working bugs yet. 

 

So ... if you want voices to be correct you have to change the nation setting in the mission file.  As pointed out above you can kill an hour trying to change everything in the mission editor or you can open the mission in notepad and change all of the country settings in about 5 minutes :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

At the moment the "nation" parameter is set to Russian.  I have to write some code to use the correct (Russian or British or American) setting.  At the moment I am still eyeballs deep in FC and therefore not working bugs yet. 

 

So ... if you want voices to be correct you have to change the nation setting in the mission file.  As pointed out above you can kill an hour trying to change everything in the mission editor or you can open the mission in notepad and change all of the country settings in about 5 minutes :) 

I've got it.

Thank you very much for your work.

Edit: Just to mention editing the mission file to country=103, makes the flightplan disappear on the map.

At least for me...

I suppose it will be implemented in PWCG by default soon enought, and the time you spend on working on it makes the quality it is, so take as long as it needs.😊

Edited by Guims

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello !

 

New to PWCG here, so noob question : what are the separate downloads meant for (skin pack and music) ?

Edited by ShugNinx
submit error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShugNinx said:

Hello !

 

New to PWCG here, so noob question : what are the separate downloads meant for (skin pack and music) ?

 

The music download lays music in the background when PWCG is running.  The music is professionally written by Matt Milne so it is quite good.   

The skins download provides skins that PWCG will use if they are available.  Gets American skins onto  A20s as an example.

 

The files are separate downloads because they are big and there is no need to download them repeatedly.  Once and you are done.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know how to have complete engine management in the mission. I’ve tried looking at the settings in game but I still can’t move my rpm stick or fuel mixture stick in the P-51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

The music download lays music in the background when PWCG is running.  The music is professionally written by Matt Milne so it is quite good.   

The skins download provides skins that PWCG will use if they are available.  Gets American skins onto  A20s as an example.

 

The files are separate downloads because they are big and there is no need to download them repeatedly.  Once and you are done.  

 

Thanks for your answer.

I understand from this previous post that the skins folders should be placed in ...\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\graphics\skins, but where should the Audio folder contained in PWCGCampaignMusic.zip be placed ?

Sorry for the lame questions, I whish there was some readme file, and so far my searches on this subforum didn't return anything useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, R7-S276 said:

Just one question: is it possible to add France as faction in a next update ?

Probably not that fast but I will look into it when I come up for air.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to think about it and ask me if you need information about units, planes, airfields use by free french air force and french air force on period and geographical zones that could correspond to Il-2 maps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 10:14 PM, Guims said:

I've got it.

Thank you very much for your work.

Edit: Just to mention editing the mission file to country=103, makes the flightplan disappear on the map.

At least for me...

I suppose it will be implemented in PWCG by default soon enought, and the time you spend on working on it makes the quality it is, so take as long as it needs.😊

 

I also have this problem, besides, they started to speak Russian again and in addition instead of starting from the airport I was the only one in the air quite close to the goal, the rest of the team took off from the airport, besides I should be fourth in the team and I was as an additional pilot, fifth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that it is possible to have non-historic campaigns( E.G USAAF aircraft on Kuban). Is this possible, and if so how? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scottvdken said:

I read somewhere that it is possible to have non-historic campaigns( E.G USAAF aircraft on Kuban). Is this possible, and if so how? Thanks

 

By campaign I assume you mean a series of missions and not a career mode.  Just make the missions.  The game only cares if you own the products that you are using.  It does not care what plane goes on what map.

 

Before the Rhine map came out I  put American and British units and planes on the Stalingrad map.  As long as the player owned both Stalingrad (map) and Bodenplatte (planes) they could play it.  I switched to the Rhine map as soon as that became available.  I never did Kuban but the same holds true: as long as you own Kuban and the planes you can do it.  Similarly you could put Russian planes on the Rhine map.

 

If you are talking about career then the same holds true but you have to do all of the work to create a career (units, placement, front lines, equipment, generate pilots, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...