Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

VIRPILControls

4 hours ago, dburne said:

VKB has a price out for their throttle?

They said the main module should be about 200 USD and each extension panel about 40 USD. Plus VAT, if it applies.

10 hours ago, sinned said:

What is the usual function assigned for that yellow button?  Bomb release?

I am already thinking about what functions to map to which buttons....  

Should that knob under a red cover be gears? 

EJECT....EJECT....EJECT.............

F/JG300_Gruber

Is there any left handed version planned ?

The current version doens't looks like it would lose that much fonctionnality (compared to my current X55 throttle) but if a true lefty variant is to be relased, I may wait a little more.

8 hours ago, F/JG300_Gruber said:

The current version doens't looks like it would lose that much fonctionnality (compared to my current X55 throttle) but if a true lefty variant is to be relased, I may wait a little more.

This is a left handed throttle.

Maybe you want a right handed one.

On 14/04/2018 at 6:05 PM, F/JG300_Gruber said:

I'm assuming you use a left hand throttle on the right hand, as I a right handed person use mine on my left hand, giving that using a throttle on your stronger hand would mean using your flight stick on the weaker one?

MongoosT-50 throtle full price in EU store: 360 euro.

With the current 10% discount: 324 euro.

VAT is included.

Edited by Seb71

F/JG300_Gruber

By left handed, I meant for left handed setup, so a throttle made for the right hand. Sorry if I got you confused on this one 

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

I'm left handed and I use my right hand throttle with my left hand because I fly like a right handed person.

Do you maggots understand that ?

5d219fe8.jpg

R. Lee Ermey RIP

Edited by F/JG300_Egon

No_85_Gramps

Dang, even with the 10% discount this comes in at $399.43 USD. I hope this is an error, as discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm guessing it's not. 

No_85_Gramps
1 minute ago, BP_Lizard said:

Did you get the additional 5%, Gramps?

Waiting on the code from Virpil. But, I went back to the store site and now it is showing $343.95 USD, should save an additional 16-17 dollars with the 5% discount.

22 minutes ago, Gramps said:

Dang, even with the 10% discount this comes in at $399.43 USD. I hope this is an error, as discussed earlier in the thread, but I'm guessing it's not. 

For US, use this site.

So with the current 10% discount, the throttle is $344.

EU store has VAT applied.

Edited by Seb71

335th_GRMultiDoc
1 minute ago, BP_Lizard said:

15% of 700BYN is 105BYN, right? That’s A pretty hefty discount. Just waiting for mine and I’ll place the order.

The discount is indeed nice, makes the VAT for us in EU a bit less bitter to swallow....

No_85_Gramps
7 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

15% of 700BYN is 105BYN, right? That’s A pretty hefty discount. Just waiting for mine and I’ll place the order.

I think the 10% is already figured in, 788 byn down to 700 byn. You'll get and additional 5% with the code.

10 minutes ago, Gramps said:

I think the 10% is already figured in, 788 byn down to 700 byn. You'll get and additional 5% with the code.

Oh, I didn’t know that. In that case, yeah. Still pretty steep.

Edited by BP_Lizard

What happened to the $250 range? This "Competitive pricing" BS is just another term for, we're going to be as greedy as we can get away with..... Very disappointing...

Yeah I think I am going to take a wait and see on this one as well, see what maybe comes down the pike later on. 

I just can't seem to justify that much money when I have a working Warthog throttle that does fine for my current needs.

If it had been more like 250 I might have been more tempted. 

Edited by dburne

Yep gonna stick with my Warthog Throttle for now. When it comes out would love to see the reviews looking forward to it best of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm gonna be your guinea pig then. Was hoping to get my hands on it before end of the month but it seems they've got pushed back from 20th May to 4th of June :(

335th_GRMultiDoc

It seems my come back to flight sims is a rough road for me. Every single piece of gear I have bought so far has been hit with delays or customs problems etc.

Anyway, here's hoping that at least by June I'll be all set up finally. :(

• 3 weeks later...
335th_GRMultiDoc

Any word on release yet ? Silence always makes me think of bad news brewing... An update would be much appreciated. 

No_85_Gramps

Last I heard was pre-orders are to start shipping around the 4th of June. Originally it was 20th of May. Haven't heard anything else recently. I'm hoping they can meet the 4th of June date.

335th_GRMultiDoc

Starting to get worried it will be yet another delay... We're one day away from the announced date for shipping and it appears Virpil has been quiet 🙁

335th_GRMultiDoc
2 hours ago, Gramps said:

Thanks for this Gramps.

A bit of my humble opinion (or rant if you will):

I can and do appreciate that high end flight sim controls are indeed a niche market and everything that comes with it (small production, small market, very demanding clientele etc).

What I do not understand (and definitely seems like history always repeating...) is that a simple announcement/update in 5-6 (at worst) forums which have specific dedicated Virpil threads and a bulk email to customers that would contain the exact message that's in this blog post  Gramps quoted above, would establish a way better form of trust between Virpil and it's customer base.

Instead we get an "update", again, on the last day that supposedly shipping should take place. Please try and convince me that all this just emerged today....

Ideally an hour (at worse) of one employee's time a couple of weeks ahead, would make a hell of a difference. Gifts and discounts are nice gestures, trust and information is far better IMHO.

And by the way, an additional month ??? 🤐

Rant off, I'll be still waiting my order but not so happy anymore having £600+ for more than two months paid upfront.

S!

Edited by 335th_GRMultiDoc
  • Like 1

BroGrimm1tkcamp

Not happy here either, ordered about a month and 1/2 ago when I ordered the Mongoose stick. I have received the stick and I love it so far. I also have the crosswind pedals on the way.

I now am thinking of getting a refund and getting the thrustmaster throttle. anyone have an opinion on how it compares? your opinion. I really don't want to wait another month till the nest delay.

I guess a better question might be, will I be giving myself problems with setup by combining three different manufacturer's products. I.E. Virpil Stick, Crosswind pedals and Thrustmaster Throttle?