VIRPILControls

Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

On 9/30/2018 at 1:42 AM, TWHYata_PL said:

currently I have serious issue with Il 2 , stick and throtte are not visible in this game, they was working 2 days ago but now I can't map anything in IL2...

win 10 device manager see all devices also I can do mapping in ED. Should I delete any Il2 input files ? I have there my old bindings from Saiteck x52pro.

solved by deleting 2 files in input folder

all throttle 96 buttons are working !

Which files did you delete exactly?

Im trying to not get too hyped up, because USPS is known to disappoint, but im supposed to get my throttle today!

So excited!

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Got the throttle yesterday and spent a good amount of time setting it up. Not difficult but the new software version did not play nice with the T50 stick, which had an older incompatible firmware.

Ended up sorting it out after some trial and error with the configurator software.

I'll post more detailed thoughts and pics this weekend but overall it's as good as i imagined. Definitely recommend it!

• Like 2

I learned to config *just one* device at a time, the stick OR the throttle, with that software. No plugging in both of them during the upgrade or configuration process. It's tricky sometimes, I had to repeat the updates and settings sometimes without seeing a reason for that. Anyhow - sooner or later I got the hardware configured and calibrated the way I want it.

My rule: if I think I'm finished I unplug the device, count down from 10, plug it in again and test it in-game. The virpil-test-software refuses to work for me at the moment. If it's ok then, it will remain that way steady and rock-solid.

The hardware is first-class, the stick with extension is a dream coming true. Better than anything I know including the Thrustmaster Warthog. Same for the throttle, no longer looking for a helicopter-collector at the moment (at least for my level of DCS-heli-piloting).

For the throttle I'd like to see more software-configuration-options. Maybe my wishes are enabled already - I miss a complete handbook. The recent level of information given by Virpil is as limited as the software-configurator is.

Edited by 216th_Retnek
typos
  • Upvote 1

Back in stock.  The web page is inundated and slow.  Then it  crashed in the middle of my transaction.

Unfortunately, the Z axis on my throttle handle seems to have died.  I brought it to the attention of Virpil support and no word for over two weeks.  Not a happy camper.

2 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Unfortunately, the Z axis on my throttle handle seems to have died.  I brought it to the attention of Virpil support and no word for over two weeks.  Not a happy camper.

That's strange, I have never waited for a support response longer than 2 days. Did you submit via the web site, or via the email address?

1 hour ago, No_85_Gramps said:

That's strange, I have never waited for a support response longer than 2 days. Did you submit via the web site, or via the email address?

They responded promptly to my support ticket, but as it became apparent the sensor may be dead I was told they would check with the engineers and get back ASAP and that was a little over two weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Seb71 said:

Which one is Z axis?

The axis on the (right) throttle handle.

EDIT: the wheel axis

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

7 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

They responded promptly to my support ticket, but as it became apparent the sensor may be dead I was told they would check with the engineers and get back ASAP and that was a little over two weeks ago.

Try to contact them via Facebook. Maybe they can get you in touch with engineering. Keep Skype and TeamViewer ready, just in case they want to look into the issue. The engineer used these when he helped last year. 

Good luck! 

Throttles are out of stock again. That went fairly quick, so I'm happy I got mine. Anyone knows what is the ETA on deliveries ? I recall that whole reason of EU shop was to boost deliveries to EU countries, so will it be less than one month now ?

3 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

Throttles are out of stock again. That went fairly quick, so I'm happy I got mine. Anyone knows what is the ETA on deliveries ? I recall that whole reason of EU shop was to boost deliveries to EU countries, so will it be less than one month now ?

We advise 5-7 days order processing time due to the demand and then shipping to Poland would likely be only 2-3 days. More info can be found on our site:

https://virpil-controls.eu/delivery-info

Sorry if it's been answered before, but can the mode selector switch be used to create this type of binding for the throttle lever axis:

Mode 1 = left lever RPM, right lever throttle

Mode 2 = left lever throttle engine 1, right lever throttle engine 2

etc.

Or can it only change button assigments?

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry if it's been answered before, but can the mode selector switch be used to create this type of binding for the throttle lever axis:

Mode 1 = left lever RPM, right lever throttle

Mode 2 = left lever throttle engine 1, right lever throttle engine 2

etc.

Or can it only change button assigments?

Only buttons

• Thanks 1

I have heard that the one unfortunate aspect of the throttle is the short travel distance of the actual throttle units. Can anyone with the product already comment on whether or not this is really noticable? 

I'm coming from an x56 throttle which I find stiff even on the softest travel settings. 

5 hours ago, GridiroN said:

I have heard that the one unfortunate aspect of the throttle is the short travel distance of the actual throttle units. Can anyone with the product already comment on whether or not this is really noticable? 

I'm coming from an x56 throttle which I find stiff even on the softest travel settings. 

Nothing to worry about. i switched from X55, totally fine.

• Thanks 1

Throttle is avaliable with smooth grips right now.

Almost pulled the trigger, but now noticed that VAT is not included. Would be close to 400 EUR. No thanks. What happend to the 239,95 EUR from the OP?

BTW, i was also not notified that it has become avaliable, even though i subscribed for that.

Edited by Matt
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Throttle is avaliable with smooth grips right now.

Almost pulled the trigger, but now noticed that VAT is not included. Would be close to 400 EUR. No thanks. What happend to the 239,95 EUR from the OP?

BTW, i was also not notified that it has become avaliable, even though i subscribed for that.

Glad I saw this post; I wasn't notified either. 

Unfortunately...I can't pay though...it's declining all my methods...

Edit: Looks like it accepted my Paypal after I unlinked it from my Visa card. Unfortunately, paypal gave me a horrible exchange rate... 0.64 instead of 0.67... 

Edited by GridiroN

...aaaand it's out of stock again!

They seem to be printing money over at Virpil, congrats to all involved. I eventually want to get this throttle but I really ought to wait until the new year, so the fact that it's almost always out of stock is helping me to wait! 🙂

7 hours ago, Alonzo said:

...aaaand it's out of stock again!

They seem to be printing money over at Virpil, congrats to all involved. I eventually want to get this throttle but I really ought to wait until the new year, so the fact that it's almost always out of stock is helping me to wait! 🙂

I see you're also in Canada. Considering it's November, and almost Christmas, this is enormously expensive because the EUR to CAD conversation is killer, plus I'll probably have to pay import taxes on it, but if it's a quality throttle and I'll have it for years and years, and possibly be able to sell my X55 now that I no longer use the throttle from it...I can make some money back and it'll be worth it. Cost me $542.00 CAD before the possibility of import taxes.

Ultimately, if you can wait until they re-open an American store, that'd be good too, but I see they cancelled the project for now, so it may not be any time soon. 

1 minute ago, GridiroN said:

I see you're also in Canada. Considering it's November, and almost Christmas, this is enormously expensive because the EUR to CAD conversation is killer, plus I'll probably have to pay import taxes on it, but if it's a quality throttle and I'll have it for years and years, and possibly be able to sell my X55 now that I no longer use the throttle from it...I can make some money back and it'll be worth it. Cost me $542.00 CAD before the possibility of import taxes.

I got dinged on import tax for my dual T-50 sticks, which hurt. My other potential is having a family member bring it on a visit from the UK, so I'd pay Euro VAT but no import duties. I'm not sure if I'm ahead or behind on that method of buying it. Same thing for the Crosswinds I'm looking at.

I'm surprised and disappointed to hear that these units have sold out, even though Virpil got greedy and raised the prices on us after announcing a 240 euro price tag. I guess people don't hold companies to any kind of standard anymore...

That's why we as consumers need to hold out when companies do this stuff.... If it didn't sell, they would lower the price. But for some reason, there's always people that are dying to throw their money away. It's people like that that make our hobbies so expensive.

/end rant

49 minutes ago, Warpig said:

That's why we as consumers need to hold out when companies do this stuff.... If it didn't sell, they would lower the price. But for some reason, there's always people that are dying to throw their money away. It's people like that that make our hobbies so expensive.

/end rant

I couldn't help but read your rant and then look at your badges down the left hand side. You've pre-ordered every one of the BoX games, AND Flying Circus, AND Tank Commander! It made me giggle a bit because clearly you're not shy about throwing money at 1C even for pre-released content. (I don't disagree with you doing this, I think it's great to support the developers, but somehow Virpil catches flak for raising prices on a sell-out high demand physical item?)

On 11/15/2018 at 1:25 PM, Alonzo said:

I couldn't help but read your rant and then look at your badges down the left hand side. You've pre-ordered every one of the BoX games, AND Flying Circus, AND Tank Commander! It made me giggle a bit because clearly you're not shy about throwing money at 1C even for pre-released content. (I don't disagree with you doing this, I think it's great to support the developers, but somehow Virpil catches flak for raising prices on a sell-out high demand physical item?)

I believe every product has a value, and IL-2 delivers that value. I'm sure Virpil has high quality products too, but that doesn't give them the right to rip people off.

It's our responsibility to hold these companies to standards. Not let them get away with reneging on a announcement.  Their move is a greedy one, and people should have acted accordingly by not supporting their unethical decision.

I believe in holding people/companies to their word.

Edited by Warpig

They are avaliable btw.

(not that i received an info again, was just checking the store).

22 hours ago, Warpig said:

I believe every product has a value, and IL-2 delivers that value. I'm sure Virpil has high quality products too, but that doesn't give them the right to rip people off.

Unless I am mistaken, the Virpil throttle was a pre-production announcement. They changed the price between announcement and taking orders. If you think that makes them unethical, it's your right to hold that opinion, but I don't agree with you and I don't think it's a "rip off." I think it's a change based on either final production costs or based on demand. They are a business, they exist to make money. I like what they do, I want them to remain in business, if they can get slightly higher prices and be a more viable business that's actually *good* for us simmers.

I'd like to see VKB fix their supply chain, design and production problems and start cranking out units, because competition is good. 

18 hours ago, dburne said:

Great example of this is the new 20x series of cards.

I think this is different. NVidia is an example of what happens when there's no competition. Nothing from AMD anywhere near the performance level of the NVidia cards, so they can set whatever price they like. Sorry consumers, you're screwed. Same thing happens when there's a lack of competition in any other space -- look at the awful state of broadband providers in the US, for example.

I think i've been a bit unfair in my previous post and i definately didn't want to start a discussion like this. After all, unlike the throttle, the stick was released at a lower price than advertised (or at least it's avaliable now at a lower price). And in the end it's up to the consumer if he considers something worth the price tag. Was more of a sudden disappointment, because it just became available and i was assuming the prices on the EU store were including VAT (clear mistake on my part of course, because it obviously says excl. VAT).

In any case, after much contemplation, i went ahead and ordered a throttle yesterday. Will take a look at it and most likely replace the Warthog throttle with it. Otherwise i'll sell it on the forums. I'll probably upgrade later to the VKB, if that will be an improvement over the VPC (i use the Gunfighter and T-Rudders and having everything connected on one controller with one software would be preferable to me). But i'm sure, that the VKB will not be released before the end of next year and i'm not convinced that the wait will be worth it. I also thought about the other available options right now, but i think the VPC is currently the best package available for Il-2. It's not perfect (and everybody has a differently idea on what perfection means), but i think it will be a goof replacement for the Warthog throttle, which unfortunately for Il-2, doesn't really offers enough axes and momentary buttons.

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to derail this topic and i would like to apologize for that. I think we should be happy for everyone who still bothers with offering controllers like these, especially a small company like VPC. I'll probably make a little review after it arrives, i'm sure VPC is interested in peoples opinions on how to improve their products.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:42 PM, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Only buttons

sorry can someone explain to me how to make throttle mode selector (1~5) to work with IL 2 ? Do I need an additional software for that? 

I haven't tried direct mapping of the buttons as I use Joystick Gremlin and each button selection per different mode shows separately.