VIRPILControls

Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

► Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

You’ve seen our initial concepts earlier this year, you’ve see our working-prototypes at MAKS 2017 - but today we are incredibly excited to officially announce the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle!

Based on the feedback from the community, testers and professionals, we’ve made many changes since our initial concepts. This feedback is a true testament of the endless, exciting things that are possible with the help of you, the community!

MT-50_Throttle_01.png

The VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle is a fully featured, dual-engine throttle unit based on the generation 4 and 4++ modern fighter jets. Designed to complete the VPCockpit MongoosT-50 control set, it can also be used as a stand alone USB device.

MT-50_Throttle_02.png

As with the VPC MongoosT-50 Base, the mechanics are constructed from high precision aircraft-grade duralumin which include fully adjustable idle and afterburner detents.

The full feature set includes a huge number of controls surfaces and configuration possibilities that will surely satisfy even the most avid of virtual pilots!

VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Base

• 9 x Buttons
  • 7 x Toggle Switches
  • 2 x Axis Dials
  • 3 x Encoders + Push
  • 2 x Throttle Axis
  • 1 x Auxiliary Axis
VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Handles
  • 4 x Buttons
  • 2 x 2-way Switches
  • 1 x 4-way + Push Hat or 1 x Analogue Mini-stick
  • 1 x 4-way Hat
  • 1 x Wheel Axis
With our VPC Configurator software, the 8 x buttons on the base can be assigned up to 40 bindings through the use of shift-states.

MT-50_Throttle_03.png

The VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle will be available for 239.95 EUR. All existing owners of the VPC Mongoost-50 Grip up until the release of the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle will receive a special 15% discount code to help them complete their VPCockpit setup! VPC Founder’s Club members will also receive their 5% discount.

Stay tuned for further information including availability and shipping dates!

Edited by VIRPILControls
  • Upvote 6

:good:

That is looking pretty sweet!

Love the rotaries, plus the 8 buttons with possible shift states.

Edited by dburne

Absolutely magnificent!

I've been looking forward to a nice throttle just like this one. I think we have a winner!

Any estimates on a timeline? 

I have not decided yet on a Christmas present to myself lol.

Any estimates on a timeline? 

I have not decided yet on a Christmas present to myself lol.

I estimate that this would be able to make a nice Christmas present for yourself ;) 

It looks... it looks... INCREDIBLE!

If there's one thing in the world which might make me replace my Warthog HOTAS setup you just delivered it.

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of 3- or 4-way toggle switches, but I suppose that is a conscious decision based on the Su-27 cockpit and/or the limit of DX buttons and axes?

I estimate that this would be able to make a nice Christmas present for yourself ;)

:good: 

I'm a bit disappointed in the lack of 3- or 4-way toggle switches, but I suppose that is a conscious decision based on the Su-27 cockpit and/or the limit of DX buttons and axes?

Problem is most "flight games" don't support toggle switches (latch in position or not) properly, unless DCS A-10 that has a control profile specific for A-10 using Warthog throttle, the only on market that has 2/3 position latching switches (on-off and on-off-on), this mentioned "4-way toggle switches" seems rare...

In other site was informed that 3 of this 7 toggle switches in T50 throttle is momentary type (like in X-56): (on)-off-(on), the remaining is probable just on-off or (on)-off.

Games - exception mentioned - don't allow map command for OFF state of switches, requiring use that awkward (IMO) keymapper's.

Edited by Sokol1

I was under the impression that VPC had its own proprietary "programming" software not unlike Thrustmaster's TARGET, which makes 3-way toggle switches highly useful (and I've love 4-way ones too, but no controller I can recall ever seeing aside from home-builds has that).

Might be mistaken in that regard though and confused myself during all my drooling over all VPC's hardware, and as far as controls it isn't a major issue anyway. I do like to be able to at least bind my comms (TeamSpeak/Discord, etc) push-to-talk to the stick/throttle though..

I was under the impression that VPC had its own proprietary "programming" software not unlike Thrustmaster's TARGET, which makes 3-way toggle switches highly useful (and I've love 4-way ones too, but no controller I can recall ever seeing aside from home-builds has that).

Might be mistaken in that regard though and confused myself during all my drooling over all VPC's hardware, and as far as controls it isn't a major issue anyway. I do like to be able to at least bind my comms (TeamSpeak/Discord, etc) push-to-talk to the stick/throttle though..

VPC has not released their software as of yet.

Adjustable afterburner detent and an analog stick sounds great, i guess i have to buy one of these. :)

Are the mountig holes the same as the warthog ones? I ask because i have a monstertech aluminium plate and i would like to keep it.

Adjustable afterburner detent and an analog stick sounds great, i guess i have to buy one of these. :)

Are the mountig holes the same as the warthog ones? I ask because i have a monstertech aluminium plate and i would like to keep it.

I believe he stated on another forum that they were.

• Upvote 1

The ability to "OFF" state of toggle switches (latch or momentary) send control can be set in firmware (e.g. Lynx CUB controller), without need to rely on keyboard emulation, rest know VPC option.

Edited by Sokol1

Thank you Sokol and dburne. Those in combination explain why I was so sure about them having their programming software ready!

Wow looks like a great throttle with lots of buttons right where you need them!

That looks perfect. My Warthog throttle died a month ago but luckily i had warranty left so i got new one for free, but if this one dies too im definitely buying Virpil throttle.

That looks perfect. My Warthog throttle died a month ago but luckily i had warranty left so i got new one for free, but if this one dies too im definitely buying Virpil throttle.

If I were you, I think I would put the brand new warthog throttle on ebay to get funds for the virpil !  :biggrin:

Got some questions :

1) Will this throttle be full plastic, full metal or in plastic+metal (plastic handle like the Warthog) ?

2) Will the friction of the handle be adjustable ?

3) How to adjust idle/afterburner detent ?

Edited by F/JG300_Egon

Yes they're the same :)

Our software will be able to do a lot of very cool things - it'll be available soon,  it's our top priority!

Got some questions :

1) Will this throttle be full plastic, full metal or in plastic+metal (plastic handle like the Warthog) ?

2) Will the friction of the handle be adjustable ?

3) How to adjust idle/afterburner detent ?

1. The case will be metal, the throttle mechanics will be the same aircraft-grade duralumin as found in the MT-50 Base, and plastic for the handles like the MT-50 Grip.

2. Yes!

3. Remove the lower plate and you can remove the detent from the mechanics. 

• Upvote 1

What about the ministick? Will it be an option before buying or will it be changeable with the 4 way hat + button and on which position will it be, thumb or indexfinger? 

And waht do you mean with "remove the detent from the mechanics"? I would like to know if the afterburner will be adjustable, not just removeable?

Thanks for anwering, i guess i will buy one anyway but its nice to know things beforehand. :)

Edited by Ishtaru

What about the ministick? Will it be an option before buying or will it be changeable with the 4 way hat + button and on which position will it be, thumb or indexfinger? 

And waht do you mean with "remove the detent from the mechanics"? I would like to know if the afterburner will be adjustable, not just removeable?

Thanks for anwering, i guess i will buy one anyway but its nice to know things beforehand. :)

The analog stick version is a different variant of the MT-50 Throttle. 

Of course the detent is also adjustable as per the announcement! The mechanics are adjustable (and removeable) via accesing the mechanics by removing the bottom plate. You can place the detents wherever you want in the travel of the throttle. Our software also has an "Axis to Button" feature, so you can correspond the location of the detent to activate a button press as well :)

Edited by VIRPILControls

The analog stick version is a different variant of the MT-50 Throttle. 

Of course the detent is also adjustable as per the announcement! The mechanics are adjustable (and removeable) via accesing the mechanics by removing the bottom plate. You can place the detents wherever you want in the travel of the throttle. Our software also has an "Axis to Button" feature, so you can correspond the location of the detent to activate a button press as well :)

That sounds great, thank you.

I hope i dont anoy you to much but how is the detent work? Do i only need to push a bit stronger to overcome the detent or do i have to kind of lift the throttle lever to overcome the detent?

And sry to ask again but where is the ministick location on the throttle, is it on the thumb position or the indexfinger position?

That sounds great, thank you.

I hope i dont anoy you to much but how is the detent work? Do i only need to push a bit stronger to overcome the detent or do i have to kind of lift the throttle lever to overcome the detent?

And sry to ask again but where is the ministick location on the throttle, is it on the thumb position or the indexfinger position?

Not annoying at all, don't worry! We're always happy to talk :)

It's a push-through detent.

Most users have asked for the stick to be under the thumb so that's what we're looking at doing.

Thank you, i think the stick under the thumb is a good choice. Im excited. :)

What are the dimensions of the base plate of this throttle, including the screw holes ?

I'm going to modify my simpit pretty soon, and want to make sure that the throttle will fit once it is out  :)

Thanks

Is the detent one direction only? I would like to use combined axis in Elite Dangerous, where 50% is idle, < 50% is backwards and > 50% is forward, so an idle detent is pretty much required, but it would have to be in both directions.

Is the detent one direction only? I would like to use combined axis in Elite Dangerous, where 50% is idle, < 50% is backwards and > 50% is forward, so an idle detent is pretty much required, but it would have to be in both directions.

This setup will be possible!

Here's the latest images of the MongoosT-50 Throttle showing the new 5-way mode dial switch

MT-50_Throttle_Post01.jpg

MT-50_Throttle_Post02.jpg

• Upvote 2

This setup will be possible!

Sweet!

Edited by Lombra

Looks fantastic, looking forward to purchasing it. :salute:

I have one suggestion to make it perfect: paint the screws black.

That's a pretty easy fix to make at home but if it came like that from the factory it would be even better.