Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle

VIRPILControls

The final revision changes:

• Added LED backlighting which includes 3 mode and can be disabled entirely.
  • Throttle axis mechanics have been completely redesigned, and are fully adjustable. This includes a tension adjustment and each lever has 2 completely customisable (and removable) detents.
  • The length of the throttle handle stem has been increased.
  • The base layout has been modified; the base has been widened by 2cm to allow for more comfortable operation of all the available controls.
  • The main LED modes are Red, Green and combined for the final mode. We would like to hear from the community how you would like the LEDs to operate (and controlled) so that we can make the firmware accordingly.
  • Due to these extensive changes, there may be some change on the previously announced price - this will be confirmed closer to the release.
  • The release is scheduled for the end of the Q1 2018.
Today - not just concepts, but renders of the final model are shown. These renders correspond to the exact model which has been sent for manufacture.

Unfortunately we were not able to fulfill every wish and desire for the VPC MongoosT-50® Throttle - however, the feedback will help shape our future products as well!

Stay tuned for further news on VPC products!

Thanks,

VIRPIL Controls

The analog mini-stick on the throttle handle (which was mentioned in the initial announcement, last year) is still an option?

This initial version  don't have "mini-stick", but instead a 8 way HAT. From Reddit:

vpc_virpilVPC 

The first version will not have an analogue stick.
We will follow up with an analogue thumbstick version shortly afterwards 

Issues: most of existing mini-stick on the market - hardware designed for gamepads, have low quality/durability and the "wishes" conflict.

- "Jet" pilots want the mini-stick under the index finger.

- "Spacecraft" pilots want the mini-stick under thumb finger. 

:biggrin:

I guess the functions is this:

VPCT50_T.jpg

6 axis

40 buttons* + POV HAT (8 way)

Assignable in 5 modes.

*Windows and old games see up to 32 DX buttons (+POV HAT), buttons above require keymapper emulation (e.g. Joy2key).

Bo'X see up to 64 DX buttons

DCSW up to 128 DX buttons

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 2

VBF-12_Stick-95

Originally it said:

VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle Handles

4 x Buttons

2 x 2-way Switches

1 x 4-way + Push Hat or 1 x Analogue Mini-stick

1 x 4-way Hat 1 x Wheel Axis

Sokol1, are you sure there are now 3 X 4-way switches (indicated by red lines in your pic)?  That would be a very nice improvement.

Sure not, don't see this write in any place, is just guess. :)

But the new format of the cap in side switches indicates 4 positions, see the knurled vertical and now horizontal (early renders show only vertical), they are now like the the front switch "1 x 4-way Hat".

In this same forum - Russian section, the new features list include: 

•     увеличен функционал ручек. ~   The functionality of the grips is increased.

The new format of side HAT's is the only detectable change.

Three of each. The ones on the left are momentary, the two on the right are latching. My guess is that the one with the red cover is also latching.

I’m thinking of a function that uses latching toggle in BoS? Is there any?

Not really. Afaik we will have to configure the throttle from the firmware to perform as something else, or behave differently.

In game controls no option to map - unless flaps* for certain planes, but use Joy2key (or other keymapper) and map switch ON for press G and switch OFF for press G, so

Switch UP - Landing Gear Up,

Switch Down - Landing Gear Down,

Need do "check list" before hit FLY for avoid start with switch inverted relative to LG position.

*But due different flaps operation better use a (MON)-OFF-(MON) switch for this control, fit for On/Off, press and hold and 3 positions flaps.

IMO - This VPC throttle will be the more friendly of market options for WW2 planes operation. :)

Edited by Sokol1

• 1 month later...
No_85_Gramps
6 minutes ago, MultiDoc said:

Any update on the release date ? I need to get this asap

I just checked their web site, nothing new. Went to production around 6 Feb. Maybe pre-orders will start soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I./ZG1_Dutchvdm

Hi Guys,

Would like to know this as well. There website states march 2018 for purchase but it still says "coming soon". 

Grt M

• 2 weeks later...
335th_GRMultiDoc

I just read their announcement, supposedly they will be taking preorders on the throttle on the 16th April. Fingers crossed really cause I can't fly with just a stick.

VIRPILControls

► VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle - Pre-Production Reveal!

The VPC Team are very excited to reveal the pre-production samples of the long awaited VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle!

MT50Throttle_PreReveal_01.jpg
MT50Throttle_PreReveal_02.jpg
MT50Throttle_PreReveal_03.jpg
MT50Throttle_PreReveal_04.jpg
MT50Throttle_PreReveal_05.jpg

Stay tuned for further news,
VIRPIL Controls Team

• Like 5

No_85_Gramps

Wow! With shipping this thing will be over $400.00 in US. I planned on pre-ordering but I may have to rethink this purchase. Maybe the price listed is an error?

[CPT]Crunch

Their facebook page says assembly line expected up and running around 30 April, and projected ship date 20 May.  Should give a rough idea when, not that far out.

Wow, led costs that much jump?  I will most likely get it but usd 400 isnt competitive pricing....

Can u pls do something with that red cone?  It looks like a cheap plastic and stands out like an eye sore.  Can you polish that to give a metal look?

6 minutes ago, Warpig said:

I would gladly purchase a cheaper one without the leds. I surely wasn't expecting that kind of price hike....

Yeah me too, especially as I only fly in VR and would not be seeing them whilst flying anyway. Course I realize I am likely in the minority there.

Now the MongoosT-50 throttle it's listed at 261 EUR / 323 USD (prices before VAT). Not clear if that 10% discount is applied or not, but it's much better.

4 minutes ago, Seb71 said:

Now the MongoosT-50 throttle it's listed at 261 EUR / 323 USD (prices before VAT). Not clear if that 10% discount is applied or not, but it's much better.

And now it doesn't show any price at all. So it's free? :D

VIRPILControls

Hey guys! There's a bug with site when displaying "unpriced" products, you can safely ignore the pricing for the moment, they'll be confirmed on an announcement before the pre-orders open. Sorry for the confusion!

What is the usual function assigned for that yellow button?  Bomb release?

I am already thinking about what functions to map to which buttons....  

Should that knob under a red cover be gears? 

1 hour ago, dburne said:

Is there still a version with mini stick planned, and if so any ETA on it?

What, no ministick? So then i dont need to worry about the price. :(

=VARP=Tvrdi

If they will meet VKB prices it would be a blast. Otherwise it would be just for simmers with considerably deep pockets. Not that I blame them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blackram said:

If they will meet VKB prices it would be a blast. Otherwise it would be just for simmers with considerably deep pockets. Not that I blame them.

VKB has a price out for their throttle?