Han

Developer Diary, Part 173 - Discussion

yeah without  the 30mm  (mod)  it would be pretty useless.....    heavy, slow and bad manueverbility  + low ammo amount ... and I think the 13mm wont be any good because only 600rounds  instead of 1000rnds   and like the other german guns  I think the mg131 wont be that good ;D 

600rounds (600rounds or otherwise) is a Lot if you use it wisely

A decent pilot won't need much (mg or cannon) ammo to perform on battlefield :gamer:

Edited by Roast

The G-6's performance, while slightly worse than the G-2, is not nearly as bad as some are making it to be. It's still a Bf-109, only now it doesn't have as much of an advantage in T/W ratio but it compensates by having actual machine guns instead of BB guns like its predecessors.

• Upvote 3

The G-6's performance, while slightly worse than the G-2, is not nearly as bad as some are making it to be. It's still a Bf-109, only now it doesn't have as much of an advantage in T/W ratio but it compensates by having actual machine guns instead of BB guns like its predecessors.

Roger that!

It`s not an ultimate killer but it should be competitive in right hands even in 1944. 

• Upvote 2

Lads, I've used Spreadshirt a few times at work.

No doubt it's handy but the margins are ridiculously small and while it sort of solves the logistical problems operating such a store still has costs in manhours to make sure everything is going smoothly, customer service and designing the products. The bottom line is there is little chance of this bringing extra money and a decent chance of it becoming a headache.

A personal suggestion, if anyone wants merchandise that helps the devs just design your own WW2 aviation merch which doesn't infringe 1C:GS intellectual property and use all profits to purchase copies of Battle of Stalingrad to be given away to users who don't own any of the titles yet. That way they can try out the game and buy the rest once they're hooked, people get their mugs and all, the devs get money and avoid a headache.

I am looking forward to all of the confused people taking a gander at my future LuftWhiner T shirt in the local Starbucks! Working on the designs tonight. Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 2

I am looking forward to all of the confused people taking a gander at my future LuftWhiner T shirt in the local Starbucks! Working on the designs tonight.

where do I send my cheque? :P

I am looking forward to all of the confused people taking a gander at my future LuftWhiner T shirt in the local Starbucks! Working on the designs tonight.

"Official LuftWhiner" should sell well. Could even be a chick magnet, who knows. :wacko:

Who knows, maybe the G-6 we're getting will have MW-50? Or has that been ruled out already?

If I can make some suggestions:

Luftwhiners ~ Always raising the bar

Or:

Never outnumbered, always up-gunned

:P 

• Upvote 2

Or:

Never outnumbered, always up-gunned

:P 

Snicker  :)

do they not lower the bar? :biggrin:

OT: I'm really looking forward to this bird. 13mm MGs are gonna be a blaze.

Edited by 216th_Jordan

do they not lower the bar? :biggrin:

Certainly. But they also bring the "bar" up at every opportunity. :biggrin: Edited by Feathered_IV

G6 is a damn good surprise.

Hurricane now would be so nice!

Thx

Yes, with this bird, almost every Geschwader will be pleased.

post-1464-0-95001800-1506859829_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-26759300-1506859941_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-39158000-1506859943_thumb.jpgpost-1464-0-31014000-1506859939_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Didn't want to make a new thread for this but I want to share what just happened...  in a QM an AI wingman just friendly fired me, I was on the 6 of a turning enemy and my "wingman" joined in behind me and shot and instantly killed my pilot??  :dry:  Its bad enough people doing it online but AI wingman (who have no excuse of poor eyesight) doing it takes a new kind of P*ss  :angry:  :rolleyes:  

Who knows, maybe the G-6 we're getting will have MW-50? Or has that been ruled out already?

That would make it a G-14, so no.

• Upvote 1

The MW50 was made standard on the G14, but it was introduced on the G6 in limited numbers.

• Upvote 1

but with MW50 the DB Engine would die faster with this unrealistic Engine model

• Upvote 2

The MW50 was made standard on the G14, but it was introduced on the G6 in limited numbers.

What's the source for that?

Nope. That is the whole point of the "water" part of MW50: To cool the engine internally and prevent premature detonations, so it can develop more power without damaging the engine.

I'll try to dig out my books on the 109, but I just checked Wikipedia (yeah, I know) and there it says that some G6s started being fitted with MW50 in early 1944.

The G14 variant was just an attempt to standardize all the numerous changes to the G6 during its production run. They didn't create a new variant just for the MW50.

Btw: I'm not sure I want the MW50 for the G6. It falls outside of the timeframe of BoK.

• Upvote 1

Thank you devs for this surprise.

I will put the G-6 into my hangar. I like this ac. I do support you where i can.

You always surpriesed me. (positivly)

The Career mode sounds promising.

Thank you, waiting for preorder the G-6.

I think only on the late AS engine versions and as you said in very low numbers indeed.

MrFies at his best, keep on trolling dude!

• Upvote 2

MrFies at his best, keep on trolling dude!

Seriously. You know it's bad when they have to change their name, but it's even worse when you can still spot them after the name change.

• Upvote 2

Nope. That is the whole point of the "water" part of MW50: To cool the engine internally and prevent premature detonations, so it can develop more power without damaging the engine.

Ok I was wrong with the MW 50   but still not wrong with the "german engine + Minengeschoss issues"  :ph34r:

Ok I was wrong with the MW 50 but still not wrong with the "german engine + Minengeschoss issues" :ph34r:

Which is fine to discuss elsewhere, but let's keep this about the G6.

• Upvote 2

Of course.

Im looking forward anyway to the  G6   LA5FN and all other projects  :salute:

Yes, there were G-6s with MW-50 system fitted. Mentioned for example by Prien & Rodeike in their Messerschmitt Bf 109 F/G/K/ Series: An Illustrated Study (p.108). MW-50 installation was given the designation Umbausatz 3, i.e. G-6/U3.

This is very nice news, thank you devs for your great work, all those things around a decent campaign mode were veryyyy muuuuuch expected, so very pleased to see them coming.

And G-6 "surprise" is very nice too of course !

Edited by Solmyr

es, there were G-6s with MW-50 system fitted. Mentioned for example by Prien & Rodeike in their Messerschmitt Bf 109 F/G/K/ Series: An Illustrated Study (p.108). MW-50 installation was given the designation Umbausatz 3, i.e. G-6/U3.

Which would make it a recon plane, i.e., not relevant to what BoS is modeling. 

I wonder if the G-6 has the DB-605-AS or DB-605-D Engine using the much bigger DB-603 supercharger????

No, that would make it a G-6/U3 with MW-50 and with GM-1 a G-6/U2 armed same as the normal G-6

Edited by Livai

I think, simular to Bf110G-2, they (Devs) will keep later modifications of Bf109G-6 for future add.... wait, oh shiiii.....

Does anyone know if the campaigns/careers will be additions to the ones we already have or will we be starting over ( with the exception on the BoK of course which will be premiering ) Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly & these will be a whole new feature?

Career mode and A 20 , fixes and a obvious good healthy level of ambition. Despite a very rough start , you guy´s kept working for what you believed in. What a victory

Does anyone know if the campaigns/careers will be additions to the ones we already have or will we be starting over ( with the exception on the BoK of course which will be premiering ) Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly & these will be a whole new feature?

Whole new feature, completely different. Think Rise of Flight's career mode and you get the general idea.

I think mw 50 shouldnt be available. They should only make it an option when this game comes back to the Great Patriotic war in 1944.

mw50 adds a whole 300-400 horsepower and its too imba against 1942 planes.

Edited by Max_Damage
  • Upvote 1