Han

Developer Diary, Part 173 - Discussion

Hello everybody,
In general, the work is proceeding as planned. All three remaining Battle of Kuban planes (Yak-7b, P-39L and A-20B) are in Engineers department now. P-39L and A-20B 3D cockpits are being made and textured, while the 3D model of Yak-7b is finished. In the meantime, the new Career mode is being filled with a lot of content:
Aaand to finish today's Dev Blog, we want to begin, how should we call it, 'the month of surprises'. 

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

You can ask new questions in this thread

• Upvote 12

Nice udpate!

The upcoming career mode sounds great, really looking forward to this! Nice touch on the photos as well!!

Edited by dburne

Everything on the update is completely outstanding!!

It is as if you took a wish list of mine and made it a reality.

The work of this team is simply superb!!!

The best sim just keeps getting better and better!

Thank you again, gentlemen, for your hard and excellent work!

Edited by BMW801
  • Upvote 1

Beule......Noooooooooooo :cray:

There was no G6 without the 131 Beulen, so you must write: "Beulen...... Yesssssssssssssss!  :biggrin: " 

Edited by [TWB]Jizzo

Oh man, those careers are going to be AMAZING!!! 38 different mission types? It boggles the mind.

And Bf 109G6 already underway sounds great. Can't wait for WIP images of the "other surprises" :biggrin: Please put them up for preorder soon so I can throw more money st you. You are doing an outstanding job!

Great update !!

Wish I could throw my wallet at the screen, have you considered selling physical goods ? T shirts, mugs, key rings etc ?

I'd buy them in an instant if I believed for a second it would help support this great team.

Thanks Devs

• Upvote 5

Jizzo' timestamp='1506610843' post='515612'] There was no G6 without the 131 Beulen, so you must write: "Beulen...... Yesssssssssssssss! :biggrin: "

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

There was no G6 without the 131 Beulen, so you must write: "Beulen...... Yesssssssssssssss!  :biggrin: " 

Now here she is - the one and only 109, the arc-iconic "G6" :dance:  - now IL2-BoX is on it's way to the second half of WW2 :P

• Upvote 1

I second this statement!!!

hopefully   G6 with  30mm ;D

That 30-mm-fever might be cured rapidly by a new realism option "realistic weapons jamming" ...  ;)

"weapons jamming" is my speculation, ok? I read it nowhere, no-one never-ever told me there is an option like this coming up, ok? (Try to imagine the discussions here if ... :wacko: )

Edited by 216th_Retnek

Really excellent.
Bf109G-6 what a beautiful new.
Very impatient to be able to order.

Thank you very much Devs . :salute: 

Edited by A-E-Hartmann

I have read the list and it is such a giant WIP, i cant imagine to create all the insignias, write the coding for the new career mode for each theater, damn good work my friends!  

What is it about the 109s?  Looks like our Russian friends are just as susceptible to making the same mistake the Germans did - building more and more 109 variants trying to extend the life of an outdated pre-war design instead of switching over to a more advanced aircraft to produce  :biggrin:

Seriously, where's the pre-order page so I can throw some more money your way?

Really jazzed about the description of all the goodies waiting for us in the new career mode.  I hope they manage to make some AI improvements to go along with all those new mission types and extra aircraft in the skies.  Good times ahead in BoX for sure.

• Upvote 1

What a great diary!

Career seems to exceed my expectations, sounds just awesome! Great job everyone  :salute:

G-6 is a pleasant surprise, can`t wait to dress it to FAF skin and make good use of it`s added firepower  :)

Can`t wait to begin testing of that career, it`ll be great  :joy:

Fantastic! You guys start off by saying "Nothing new til Christmas" and then throw us a G6 and great career information? Horrido!
Will preorder as soon as they are up, and prepare my channel for some IL2 Careers! Absolutely capital!

I'm so hyped about the G6 and the LA5-FN ^^

It seems like you guys are about to reconciliate me with the solo part of the game.

All of this is just outstanding now I'm hoping the contractor can make a decent Po-2 so we can be hyped about even more new gems for this incredible sim.

Who knows maybe one day my dream of flying an I-153 over the Caucasus Mountains or during the Battle of Moscow might become a reality.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

What a beauty! Finally THE GUSTAV!

Thank guys! Some nice pics are needed!

This one is an aircraft! :salute:

bf109g632mdt_4.jpg7885830862_68d7e08193_b.jpg

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 4

Great update !!

Wish I could throw my wallet at the screen, have you considered selling physical goods ? T shirts, mugs, key rings etc ?

I'd buy them in an instant if I believed for a second it would help support this great team.

Thanks Devs

Man that would be great! Why is there no merchandise yet?!? :biggrin:

Career mode looks extremely promising! Can't wait. :)

Edited by 216th_Jordan