Han

Developer Diary, Part 173 - Discussion

Great update! Im looking forward to the single player campaigns, thanks.

Fingers crossed for an Erla Haube canopy :)

I'd like mine with a tall tail too but I know that's asking for too much. What if I bought 2?

The new campaign sounds exciting.

I'd like mine with a tall tail too but I know that's asking for too much. What if I bought 2?

By the time G6 development was moving towards the G14, it was halfway a new aircraft. Incorporating all the changes would mean a large number of changes to the external model as well as the cockpit, so don't count on it.

Oh I do love the sound of the career modes - that'll banish the winter blues for sure! As for the G6, all that's going to do for me is kill me even more times, but don't worry, money will be pledged for it as soon as possible. Great stuff chaps, thanks!

Amazing job

And the G-6 splendid, it would be nice to see modifications like W.Gr21 and Erla-Haube canopy (introduced in late 1943 G-6's).

As much as I doubt the Erla will come along, requiring exterior model changes and all (and this on a surprise bonus aircraft we're already extatic about), I would love to fly a 109 that you can see out of. There's always hoping!

• Upvote 1

Hum... other surprises?

Yak-9, anyone?

Make that a Yak-9T and I'm in. The regular 1943 Yak-9 is just too damn close to the Yak-1b to warrant a collector's plane.

• Upvote 2

By the time G6 development was moving towards the G14, it was halfway a new aircraft. Incorporating all the changes would mean a large number of changes to the external model as well as the cockpit, so don't count on it.

I'm not all that up on the changes of the 109 airframe, but I've seen numerous pictures of supposed G-6s with the normal cowl bumps, Erla hood and the tall wooden tail. The hood itself shouldn't represent a big stretch in believably. I realize the tall tail would likely mean a different model in the game. I was only wishing. But I can pester too. And beg, threaten, and whine too. :)

Real impressive carreer and mission lists

good news for the Axis boys (and girls) with their G6

but we Reds get our P-39 so no need to worry for the Allied side :P

actually, on the contrary :lol:

• Upvote 1

Oh my...G6!!! The career mode sounds even more awesome than expected and G6! Thanks so much for the hard work dev.

Real impressive carreer and mission lists

good news for the Axis boys (and girls) with their G6

but we Reds get our P-39 so no need to worry for the Allied side :P

actually, on the contrary :lol:

And the Reds get a La5FN according to Jason's leak a couple of weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

This is the update I'm waiting for.  All these awesome hi-fi planes - career is what I want to do with them.  

Ceowulf<><

Great update !!

Wish I could throw my wallet at the screen, have you considered selling physical goods ? T shirts, mugs, key rings etc ?

I'd buy them in an instant if I believed for a second it would help support this great team.

Thanks Devs

Lol for the wallet joke!

+2828716253 for the idea! Mugs, beer mugs and t-shirt's.

Here's hoping the G-6 has the erla haube and 30mm motorkanone (if they're appropriate for the time period, of course), but at the end of the day - we're getting a G-6! :biggrin:

Make that a Yak-9T and I'm in. The regular 1943 Yak-9 is just too damn close to the Yak-1b to warrant a collector's plane.

Yak-3 next year (it will be 1944)

And the Reds get a La5FN according to Jason's leak a couple of weeks ago.

Oh dear, that is almost as good news as getting a P-39

Great stuff, all nice goodies awaiting us :)

Wow what a great DD! Vik must be working like a madman to get this massive career ready. The G6 looks great! I agree with the others. Why no merch? I would buy IL*2 shirts for the whole family! I need a mug, keychain, belt buckle, hoodie, hat, bumper sticker, and anything else you guys can put your logo and artwork onto.

• Upvote 1

AWESOME I can't wait for career mode. Not only will it be fun, but it will also be a handy reference guide to what squadrons or groups were where and when - a great benefit to anyone making single player content! 

• Upvote 1

Well I for one am getting bloody sick of all this good news, it’s getting boring.

For Gods sake Devs throw a spanner in the works somewhere so we have something to complain about.

Let’s go back to the good old days when CLOD was first released - now that was real excitement that got the forums buzzing.

Edited by pilotpierre

LA5FN will be the best fighter in the game ^^

Below 2000m I believe you are right. If the La-5F is anything to go by, the FN should be as fast as the Fw 190s down low, outclimb it and outmaneuver it at all but the highest speeds, and it should absolutely mop the floor with the Bf 109s, not least of all the G6.

Above 2000m it should be more even and at higher altitudes the 109s will still reign supreme.

Edited by Finkeren

Lovely dovely!

And a "yeah" for the merchandise store. It'd be great to have an IL2 key ring, cap, t-shirt and... Weetbix bowl.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

hopefully it will be a late 1943 bf109 G6

and not only 20mm nosegun

If the Modifikationen on the real plane were not huge it might be possible that we see it as a selectable modification.